Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Heidi Anne Heiner > Reviews

Browse

Heidi Anne Heiner's Profile

Customer Reviews: 648

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heidi Anne Heiner RSS Feed (SurLaLune Fairy Tales.com)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ALEX Toys Little Hands Cupcake Craft
ALEX Toys Little Hands Cupcake Craft
Price: $9.39
36 used & new from $7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fills a Few Happy Hours, July 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The six-year-old girl this was chosen for loved it! She couldn't wait to open the box and start making the crafts found inside. She was able to figure them out and still have fun with them, they weren't too simple to be done in three minutes, I mean. Overall, a nice way to fill a few hours for a good price without too much thinking for the grown-ups which is also nice during a long summer.

Kleenguard G10 Blue Nitrile Gloves (57373), Large, Powder-Free, 6 Mil, Ambidextrous, Thin Mil, Sold by the Box of 100.
Price: $12.75
73 used & new from $7.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Suit My Needs Very Well, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use these gloves for cleaning, especially bathrooms and other places I use cleaners that either make my hands smell or hurt my skin. I need powder free to up the possibility of not getting skin irritations, too. I have very sensitive skin. These in the large size are loose on my average to larger than average sized women's hands. My ring finger size is a size 7 for example. So they are fine for cleaning and they are thicker so my long nails don't rip through them, but they are not tight fitting like pictured in the packaging. I would not want to use these to do finely detailed work, but for my purpose they are perfect. For finely detailed, I would need a size medium to get rid of the wrinkles, perhaps even the small.

ALEX Art Studio Expressions Drawing & Sketch Case Set
ALEX Art Studio Expressions Drawing & Sketch Case Set
Price: $14.71
4 used & new from $14.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Educational Starter Kit for Young Ones, July 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The concept of this kit for the price is fine. The art materials are not the highest quality but that is to be expected. However, their power to inspire and charm an aspiring young artist in our family is pretty strong. Her artist uncle is looking forward to spending more time explaining the materials and educating her with some of the basic options from coloring to sketching available in this kit. So a good kit, but not for a serious student or professional, but that costs much more for good reason.

Tommie CopperWomen's Dress Micro Modal Compression OTC Socks, Black, Size 10-12.5
Price: $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Socks, July 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is hard to find compression socks that are not slippery nylon. I have several cotton poly pairs from another brand that are now discontinued that I adore and wear all winter since they both compress and keep me warm without making my feet slide around in my shoes and with less sweating. I used to wear them only for travel, but they are nice when I am going to be up and walking or sitting for long stints. These socks feel more like cotton--although the material is primarily "micro modal"--and thus are more comfortable for wearing and also stay up better to maintain compression. Overall, fine compression socks even if pricey.

Clorox Bleach Pen, 4 Count
Clorox Bleach Pen, 4 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Bleach Pen, July 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you need a bleach pen, these are fine ones. These make it easier to get bleach onto smaller area stains without getting it all over your hands and surrounding areas. I wear a lot of white in the summer and stains are inevitable. These pens are very helpful for pretreating and rescuing some of this season's favorite clothes. Satisfied overall with these.

Paper Mate InkJoy Mini Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 4 Pack (1951381)
Price: $7.09
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Purses!, July 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, so I still prefer the longer versions of the these pen for regular use, but for fitting into my purse these are great! They actually fit in my hand much better than expected and the only reason I slightly prefer the regular length is for weight and heft more than anything. These are quite comfortable to use and take up less room in my purse. They write as well as the regular version which are some of my favorite pens right now.

by Martine Hennard Dutheil de la Rochère
Price: $34.99
35 used & new from $27.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Array of Cinderella Studies, July 12, 2016
Cinderella across Cultures: New Directions and Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Series in Fairy-Tale Studies) edited by by Martine Hennard Dutheil de la Rochère, Director Gillian Lathey, and Monika Wozniak was released in June. I have been putting off posting about it because I was hoping to find a list of the table of contents online to copy and paste since I don't want to retype the three pages of contents to share with you.

After six weeks, I still haven't found a table of contents to copy and paste. The best I can do is a list of the contributors--the book is comprised of 18 articles about Cinderella divided into three categories: I. Contextualizing Cinderella, II. Regendering Cinderella, and III. Visualizing Cinderella. Here are the contributors.

Cristina Bacchilega (Preface), Ruth B. Bottigheimer (Contributor), Kathryn Hoffmann (Contributor), Cyrille François (Contributor), Talitha Verheij (Contributor), Daniel Aranda (Contributor), Ashley Riggs (Contributor), Mark MacLeod (Contributor), Book Review Editor Jennifer Orme (Contributor), Rona May-Ron (Contributor), Roxane Hughes (Contributor), Sandra L. Beckett (Contributor), Jan Van Coillie (Contributor), Agata Holobut (Contributor), Xenia Mitrokhina (Contributor), Jack Zipes (Contributor)

The articles are excellent and offer a wide range of topics. The middle section--Regendering Cinderella--offers more of the expected types of literary analysis articles, discussing Margaret Atwood and Angela Carter as well as Emma Donoghue and Donna Jo Napoli's visions of Cinderella. Several articles are also LGBT focused.

The other sections range wider to many cultural interpretations of Cinderella primarily in Eastern Europe in the Visualizing Cinderella.

While all sections are interesting, my personal interests were most satisfied by the articles under Contextualizing Cinderella, such as the article about Robert Samber's translation of the tale and other articles discussing how the tale has been adapted and retold for various points in times and cultures.

Overall, excellent stuff. I received a review copy but it was on my list to purchase if I didn't. If you are at all interested in Cinderella studies, this is a must.

Paper Mate InkJoy 550RT Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 4 Pack (1951274)
Price: $12.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pens, Few Caveats, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love InkJoy pens and this style is new to me. There is more black rubber on these which makes them look a little more sophisticated and elegant. They write well and are comfortable to hold so all happiness with them there. Two concerns are these--the black means less color so seeing the color of the pen in darker lighting situations will be tricky. For example, I didn't even notice one pen was purple until I started writing with it. Also, the black rubber will pick up more lint in a purse or bag than the other style. So keep those personal pros and cons in mind when using. They are still great pens so five stars, but they may not be perfect for all usage scenarios.

Paper Mate InkJoy 300RT Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Black/Red/Blue Ink, 8 Pack (1945918)
Offered by Abe Froman Group
Price: $10.10
3 used & new from $10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Casual Pens, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We use these pens everywhere at home and office in the full rainbow of available colors. The gel ink technology has improved greatly over the years and these write well. The retractable feature makes them great for my purse. The only problem we have is keeping us with them since they tend to walk away or be given away as people like to use them and then use them again.

Clorox Disinfecting Wipes with Micro Scrubbers Value Pack, 220 Count
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes with Micro Scrubbers Value Pack, 220 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Clorox Wipes Are My Favorite, June 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using Clorox wipes for years now and prefer them to most other brands. My favorite are the orange scented which are harder to find, but I will use whatever scent is available since none of the Clorox ones are offensive to my sensitive nose, not even the Fresh Scent like these. I usually can't stand Fresh Scented anything. The only new thing here is the canister of cloths with the micro-scrubbers which worked better for me than I expected. They did help loosen slightly faster the caked on gunk but not really enough to warrant picking those over the regular ones. Moisture and applied pressure are just as important. I am a fan though and may change my mind with more usage on those little scrubbies. These can leave a slight film on some surfaces but less than other brands that I've tried and I really only notice it on mirrored surfaces--even my blacktop stove doesn't have a noticeable film. But window and mirror cleaners these are not and they don't claim to be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20