Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Simmworks Family > Reviews

Browse

Simmworks Family's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Simmworks Family RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
JOOVY Boob PPSU Gift Set, Grey
JOOVY Boob PPSU Gift Set, Grey
Offered by schanson
Price: $89.49
15 used & new from $89.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Gain a little freedom with the Boob, June 5, 2015
As a Joovy Mom blogger, Joovy sent me this item at no cost in exchange for my honest review.

With the arrival of my third I knew I'd need a good bottle system for the times I'd be away from my baby. The system I used had to be easy (read: simple to clean, not a ton of parts), compatible with my pump, and something that mimicked the boob since my kids are know for refusing bottles.

When I received my Joovy Boob gift set the first thing I loved was the simplicity of the design. Easy for mom and baby (when older) to hold, not a ton of parts to deal with, and the gift set came with the cleaning brushes making washing a breeze.

While I did use the nipples that came with the gift set a few times at home, I also used the Joovy Naturally Nood nipples as well. They best mimic the breast and make latching on a breeze for breastfed babies. We'll really try anything that'll get our little one to take the bottle. After our second child refusing any bottle, we were happy to find the Boob with our third. Now it's still not 100% success with the bottle but with the help of the Joovy Boob and Nood nippes, we're hoping she will successfully transition to a bottle when I have to sneak out for a few hours.

A few tidbits:
1. Get the gift set. It has everything you need.
2. The set comes with pump adapters so you can pump directly into the bottle
3. While the Boob gift set comes with boob nipples, pick up some Nood nipples too
4. Don't toss the cleaning bruses - they're awesome for more than just the bottles/nipples!
5. Don't give up if baby isn't taking the bottle, keep offering it!

EatSmart Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer w/ Backlit Display & InstaRead Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $99.95
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars We needed a thermometer that was not only easy to use but accurate as well, August 23, 2014
I received an EatSmart Precision Elite Therocouple Food Thermometer for review. All opinions are my own.

Living in Southern California means a lot of barbecue year round. We needed a thermometer that was not only easy to use but accurate as well. Since receiving the EatSmart food thermometer we've been able to enjoy plenty of meals on the barbecue that are perfectly cooked. No guessing when something will be done!

With the flip open probe and the easy to read screen, this thermometer has to be my favorite. Not only does it make taking temperature easy, it's quick and you get a reading instantly. Our meat is always cooked to perfection without drying out. We'll definitely be using this thermometer for a long time.

Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush 1 Count
Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush 1 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving the switch from manual to electric!, July 31, 2014
I received an Oral B Precision Black 7000 for review. All opinions are my own.

With this being my first electric toothbrush I have to say that I am impressed with all the bells and whistles. Coming from a standard, ordinary toothbrush to a toothbrush with so many different options was kind of mind blowing at first. And then I had to actually learn how to use it. Now it may sound like a lot of work but it really isn't once you get right down to it.

The Oral B Precision Black 7000 has 6 customized cleaning modes: daily clean, sensitive, whitening, deep clean, massage and tongue cleaner. It also has a visible pressure sensor lights up if you are pressing too hard. Now this comes in VERY handy for me since I've always been told by my dentist that I brush too hard. With sensitive gums (re: bleeding) the combination of the sensitive cleaning mode and the pressure sensor means that I'm getting a sparkly clean mouth without worry.

Another great feature I didn't really think I'd use is the smart guide for personalized oral care coaching. Since my daughter likes to brush her teeth with me I use it as a guide to help her learn how long to brush.

This package also comes with a travel case and 3 Refill Heads – 1 Sensitive, 1 ProWhite, 1 Floss Action. I've only used the sensitive head so far but am curious to see how the floss action works. While I do floss regularly I find it to be a pain in the butt (who doesn't) so this may be a great alternative.

I'm enjoying the switch from a manual toothbrush to an electric and look forward to upgrading the whole family. I'm pretty sure I can never look at a manual toothbrush again...

VTech InnoTab 3 The Learning App Tablet, Blue
VTech InnoTab 3 The Learning App Tablet, Blue
Offered by Store Arc
Price: $105.66
15 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars VTech Innotab 3 allows parents to gain control of their tablets, September 27, 2013
As soon as my kids figured out our tablets there was no getting them back. They constantly were in control. So when I was asked to review the VTech® InnoTab 3 Learning App Tablet I said a big YES without hesitation. Finally... I had my answer to taking back control of our tablets.

The VTech® InnoTab 3 Learning App Tablet is a child-size tablet with apps just like mommy and daddy's tablet, only the apps are geared towards 3-7 year olds. Perfect, huh?

As soon as we got our InnoTab 3 the kids wanted to head to the store to pick up some games. So we grabbed Hello Kitty for my daughter and Scooby Doo for my son. Within literally minutes of grabbing the InnoTab 3 from our hands after we set it up they were off and running. Each taking turns and showing each other what they learned and figured out.

What I love about the InnoTab® 3 is that it combines educational games, creative activities and reading skills in a child-friendly, multi-function, touch screen tablet to make learning fun. My kids had a blast exploring the different apps included and enjoyed utilizing the rotating camera on the device.

With the purchase of your VTech InnoTab 3 Learning App Tablet you also have access to The Learning Lodge(tm). The Learning Lodge(tm) features more than 350 educational games, e-books, music and videos developed specifically for each child's unique stage of development and will nearly double its current selection by the end of the year.

Since receiving their VTech InnoTab 3 my kids haven't once asked for our iPad or android tablets. Win!

Rejuvenator MBS-2011V2 Micro Bubble Hand Held Showerhead, Stainless Steel
Rejuvenator MBS-2011V2 Micro Bubble Hand Held Showerhead, Stainless Steel
Price: $69.32
5 used & new from $45.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a great experience, September 9, 2013
Disclaimer: I received this product for review. All opinions are my own

The Rejuvinator shower head was easy to install and creates an enjoyable experience. The water coverage is perfect and the feeling I get from the water leaves my skin soft and clean. I love how my skin feels after I get out of the shower as well. No more dry skin. The products I use after my shower also seem to have more of an effect and my skin feels smoother and softer thanks to the Microbubble Technology. They weren't kidding about the exfoliating!

The kids love it too. Sometimes I let them in our shower for a quick rinse down and the shower head's convenient shower hose makes it possible for me to wash them off quickly and allows me to spray the water exactly where I need it. Both kids have eczema and it's helped us keep them moisturized after they get out of the bath because the lotion we use can soak in a bit more.

We also love that the sleek design of the shower head compliments our shower and the other changes we've made around the master bathroom.

New Trent Chargepak NT600C 6000mAh External Battery Pack with Triple Port Output and Built-in AC Wall Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Works Great with Many Devices, March 25, 2013
With a house full of electronics we are always running out of power while on the go. Since we take 1-2 day trips to various amusement parks as well as visit family a few hours away we're constantly needed to re-charge our cell phones and tablets when we arrive at our destination. I love that with the New Trent Chargepak NT600C External Battery Pack, we don't have to rush to the nearest outlet when we finally arrive.

We've used the external battery pack with my Droid Bionic, my husband's Samsung Galaxy III, and our iPad 3 so far. We're planning to use it with our other tablets and Nook Color soon. And in the two weeks we've been using it we've loved it.

I like how easy it is to plug in, charge up, and go. And the fact that I can tell exactly when it's done charging and ready to use by a simple change of light color makes it easier to simply glance over and check. I hate how the chargers for other batteries have the blinking light and solid light. When it's fully charged I just leave it in my diaper bag at all times just in case.

When using it for our iPad or my Bionic I do have to use another cord to charge it. But my husband can use it as is with his Samsung Galaxy III and loves how quickly it charges his phone.

I do wish that the battery pack had a little case of it's own for storage when it's not in use. And maybe a side pocket or something for extra cords needed or USB cables. It'd make me feel better about storing it anywhere other than the box it came with. I would also love if the unit was a tad slimmer.

Overall it's a great back up especially when we're on the go and I know we'll be using it a lot while we travel this summer. My husband's considering purchasing another just for him to use since he says I hog ours.

This product was provided for review by New Trent.

BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass
BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass
Price: $77.99
41 used & new from $20.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Suction and Perfect for Messy Kids, March 5, 2013
With two small children who drop everything and a dog who sheds like crazy I find myself vacuuming my carpets and rugs at least once a day. We have a canister vacuum but it's just such a hassle to get out, change the attachment and plug in. So when I received my new BISSELL CleanView Vacuum I was very excited to put it to the test.

Not only was I surprised by how well it picked up the dirt, leftover food, and dog hair but I was also surprised by how easy it was to use. When I first assembled the vacuum (btw assembly comes very easily with just two screws to screw in) I wasn't sure with the heaviness of the vacuum but that wasn't a problem at all and the vacuum practically ran itself with simple guidance from myself. And the vacuum really does work with OnePass. I didn't have to go over any of the carpet that I'd previously vacuumed for a second time. Even the tortilla chips my daughter munched and dropped as she was walking to the living room were picked up easily.

The tools it comes with are also a blessing. The on-board attachments include a 4" TurboBrush®tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach places, a 10" crevice tool for nooks, crannies and corners and an upholstery tool and 11" extension wand for added convenience. These tools not only make it easy to clean, they're also easily accessible and have little homes built right into the vacuum so they aren't getting lost around the house (we're always loosing parts from our canister vacuum).

If you're looking for a great vacuum for carpet (and rugs) that gets the job done even with messy kids and pets than this is definitely a vacuum worth looking into!

Disclaimer: I have received a BISSELL CleanView Vacuum to facilitate my review

Active Accessories On-The-Go Accessory Pouch (Black)
Active Accessories On-The-Go Accessory Pouch (Black)
Offered by Active Accessories
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect accessory for people on-the-go!, November 28, 2012
When I go out for a run or head to the gym I hate lugging my whole diaper bag with me out of the house or out of the car. So when I learned of the Active Accessories on-the-go accessory pouch I knew I found my solution! Don't judge it by it's size. It can hold everything you need to stay active and hold onto your valuables. I've been able to store my key fob, driver's license, ATM card, gym ID, ear phones, and cell phone all in this little pouch. And it zips up perfectly to store everything together while I'm on the go. I can head out for a run or keep it with me on the machines at the gym, and leave my big bulky diaper bag in the car or at home!

12-Inch Green Earth Wok by Ozeri, with Smooth Ceramic Non-Stick Coating (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)
Price: $38.25
21 used & new from $31.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly even cooking temperature and easy to clean!, October 2, 2012
When I first used my new Ozeri Green Earth Wok, I made a delicious Salmon Stir Fry. And I was amazed at how easily everything slid out of the pan and into the serving bowl once I was done.

And stir fry isn't all that I've been cooking up in my wok. I also have been using it as a frying pan too and fried up some delicious beignets a few weeks ago. The pan created a perfectly even cooking temperature and I was able to snap my thermometer to the edge of the pan easily.

The fried balls of dough came out perfectly cooked and delicious! I cannot wait to use this wok for more creations in the near future.

Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro Carpet Deep Cleaner, FH50220
Price: $150.03
35 used & new from $122.44

4.0 out of 5 stars From brown to cream, August 14, 2012
When I first received the Hoover Max Extract 60 I was excited to use it. As soon as I got it out of the box it took literally 5 minutes to assemble and 5 minutes to figure out how to use it after reading the directions.

I vacuumed my hallway, the kids room, and my master bedroom and made sure that any carpet I wanted clean was free from obstructions and debris (you never know when you're going to find a stray lego or matchbox car with two kids).

As soon as I hit the start button and started cleaning on the wash cycle I could start to see why this carpet cleaner is called a Max Extract. The spots that were left from grimy toddler hands and dirty dog paws were magically swept up into the carpet cleaner's dirty water chamber.

After finishing the wash cycle in the hallway I switched to the rinse cycle and rinsed everything out with a few passes on the carpet. I was so impressed with how easy it was to switch from wash, to rinse, to dry with the simple flick of a switch.

I was also very impressed with how comfortable it was to use the Max Extract 60. I not only was able to comfortably grip the handle and trigger but I was able to easily maneuver around my home without having to actually work while cleaning.

I will definitely be recommending this product to friends and family!

*I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.*

Page: 1 | 2