Profile for BlackLitLover > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BlackLitLover RSS Feed (Miami Beach, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

has modesty panel
high quality construction
fast shipping
steel boning (single)
offers excellent support for posture
much more comfortable than i anticipated
looks & feels sexy on
creates an hourglass appearance instantly
can easily attach garter belts
nice fabric & plain black color makes it versatile
again, the price, can easily find something similar for a MUCH higher price
non-latex
long-term use: depending on the size you buy, can shrink your waist several inches

The cons (specifically about me)
the sizing guide offered here is off; whatever size the guide recommends get 1-2 sizes smaller
the design of this corset creates a pouch above my pubic area and below the bottom of the corset; because
of this i am ordering this style: http://www.amazon.com/Kinnaird-Ireland-Luxury-Underbust-Corset/dp/B00JCCI0TK/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1400677691&sr=1-5 to see if it will eliminate the pouch and streamline my stomach from top to bottom as desired
can feel bulky & ill-fitting before it is broken in/seasoned
because it is non-latex it doesn't really offer the perspiration effect that "waist cinchers" do
can be difficult to get on and off especially in the beginning
not recommended for working out, i will have to get a gym waist cincher for that
it would have been helpful if this item was shipped with a pamphlet to help with the basics of corset training; i ended up going to youtube & google to learn things that are simple yet informative about corsets & this could have been included with the order imo.
this corset has single boning & some corsets offer double boning; double boned corsets are sturdier & some consider them better

Overall i definitely would recommend this corset, just do your homework first, expect that you may need more than 1 to meet different purposes and with this corset in particular don't be afraid to order smaller than is recommended if you would like to train your waist to become smaller by 3" or more over time.

Combat Source Kill Max Roach Killing Gel, 60 Grams
Combat Source Kill Max Roach Killing Gel, 60 Grams
Price: $8.99
31 used & new from $3.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow Acting & Better For Small Nests, November 20, 2013
I have a mixed review of this product. I bought it because a friend of mine had a cockroach problem that they seemed helpless to solve. I tried this product on 2 different roach nests here are the results:

1 - Larger apartment nest well established:

I applied the product as instructed and on the 1st night some roaches went right to it and ate it up. By the next day it had hardened up and there were unsightly little brown globs throughout the kitchen. Most places I applied it, it had not been fully consumed as I thought it would be according to reviews. I applied some more and also placed sticky roach traps that I had bought at the dollar store in high traffic areas (I put a little dab of peanut butter in the center of the sticky trap). The new applications of gel bait went primarily untouched. On the 2nd night I only saw 1 or 2 dead roaches from eating the gel and was very disappointed. The sticky traps however were much more effective. By the 3rd night I only saw maybe 2 or 3 more dead roaches from the gel and the gel remained in hard unsightly globs around the kitchen. I witnessed many roaches right near the gel and they were uninterested. 4th night same thing. Sticky traps: more and more trapped roaches of all stages got caught trying to eat the peanut butter. Sticky traps killed about 50 roaches & gel killed about 5. Now I have to clean up the old gel and buy more sticky traps. *Note, if the roaches that ate the gel went back to the nest and died I have no way to prove or disprove that, but I do know most gel applications still remain in full.*

Pros: non-toxic, easy to apply
Cons: dries to be unsightly, won't kill a large roach nest, takes a long time to get results, cost $8, somewhat effective
Sticky traps- Pros: non-toxic, easy to apply, cost $1, short & long-term effective, very effective

2- Small Isolated Nest:

Applied this waited a couple hours and it was almost immediately consumed. The very next day dead roaches. Seems like smaller more isolated nests are much more eager to eat an available food source. I recommend this product for small, more isolated nests were food sources might be scarce, they'll eat it up for sure.

Ant Killer: Terro Liquid Baits (6 in a box) Pack of 2
Ant Killer: Terro Liquid Baits (6 in a box) Pack of 2
Offered by Great Household
Price: $12.42
9 used & new from $12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ant Killer EVERRRRR, November 22, 2011
This worked like a miracle. I have no idea what type of ants I had at the time but they are in Florida and they live for anything sweet. I opened the package, poured out a little liquid bait where it would be easy to find and get to, man this brings every ant out of the nest to feed. Then they are all dead. I guess they know after awhile not to eat it so you have to switch it up and use different sprays or pest control options to fully rid yourself of pesky ants. But I can say unequivocally that this is the best liquid ant bait that I have tried and it works FAST and its deadly. Just wish it was cheaper but I bought it at a cheaper price than it is at now and it was worth every cent!!! I also love the fact that I don't have to spray my house full of chemicals or inhale poison in order to kill the ants. Highly recommended for sweet feeding ants!

Full Spectrum Blue Vervain 400 mg 60 Caps by Swanson Premium
Full Spectrum Blue Vervain 400 mg 60 Caps by Swanson Premium
Offered by Swanson Health Products
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works for mental health, November 22, 2011
I bought this as a gift for a friend complaining of depression, stress & emotional instability. She began taking a few of these daily and commented that it helped her immediately feel more neutral, not as emotionally reactive, less stressed and not depressed. She said it improved her outlook greatly so I sent her 2 more bottles since she is going through a tough time. She's also taking lemon balm and b-12 lozenges. She also noted that it improved her sleep when she took them before bedtime.

Combat Liquid Ant Bait, 4 Count (Pack of 2)
Combat Liquid Ant Bait, 4 Count (Pack of 2)
Offered by Best Junction Price
Price: $10.20
3 used & new from $10.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Ants don't love it, November 22, 2011
Couldn't find Terro so I settled for what I thought would be the next best thing, combat. Well my ants ignore this bait. It is not a gel consistency like Terro so it evaporates quickly outdoors especially when its hot or wet outside. Complete waste of money. This bait is not killing any ants because ants are not reacting to it quickly enough once it is exposed to them because it dries up quickly no matter what the conditions. I suppose in ideal circumstances it could work but its not a no-brainer ant killer like the Terro liquid bait. I will not repurchase this product and cannot recommend it.

Logitech HD Webcam C310
Logitech HD Webcam C310
Offered by SavingCOST
Price: $31.58
123 used & new from $24.87

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS CAM, September 25, 2011
CONS:

- VERY FLIMSY, NOT SECURE AT ALL
- VERY LARGE & BULKY COMPARED TO OTHER STYLES
- UNSTABLE DESIGN SO VERY LIKELY TO FALL, SLIP OR BREAK

If you are seeing all the good reviews and want to give this a chance, don't. This is the worst purchase I have ever made on Amazon.

Better off trying

Bali Women's Passion For Comfort Underwire Bra
Bali Women's Passion For Comfort Underwire Bra
Price: $13.99 - $40.43

5.0 out of 5 stars great bra, September 18, 2011
This has to be one of my favorite all-time bras. It is extremely comfortable and light weight. Doesn't feel overly constructed or create an unnatural shape or look to the breast. Perfect for t-shirts and the dark body color is complimentary to my complexion. If it came in more colors for my bra size I would definitely buy every one. I have purchased many bras online and have been disappointed many times. My favorite feature of this bra is the cup style. Very supported, attractive look to large breasts. I love this Bali bra.

Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex
Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex
Price: $99.99
229 used & new from $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent. Gets the job done. Recommended., August 16, 2011
Not a waste of money at all. We paid $99 at BestBuy. Could be stronger with wireless setup and tray for manual feed. The paper grippers are not that sensitive and can easily grab more than a few sheets in the haste to print. I have had to redo plenty of print jobs due to this problem. Too much time was required to setup the wireless setting and the instructions didn't help. But overall it is a neat, compact, straightforward machine at a good price. It causes much less headaches than my previous printer and for the price my annoyances are easily put into perspective. Great for small office purposes. Fits in the corner, fairly quiet. Recommended.

Life Extension Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract Vegicapsules, 60-Count
Price: $18.00
12 used & new from $17.07

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 15, 2011
After having to search the internet for the back label I was disappointed that there were so many other ingredients added to this product that I didn't want. Although they may be complimenting ingredients, they are not what I was looking for in this supplement. I would have expected 100% cruciferous extracts if I were to purchase this product. I am giving it 2 stars because I have not purchased or used the product. I think the front label is misleading.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2012 7:18 PM PDT

Creative Zen X-Fi 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Built-In Speaker (Black/Silver)
Creative Zen X-Fi 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Built-In Speaker (Black/Silver)
Offered by transbiz

2.0 out of 5 stars had to return this, October 10, 2010
I do like creative and purchased one of their mp3 players a few years ago. It worked really well and survived several drops without a problem. So I decided to upgrade to this thinking that it was an "upgrade". For me it wasn't. I absolutely hated the buttons. What a stupid design! I think this model is overpriced for something that will be obsolete in 6 months. Creative needs to bring their prices down and their technology up. I did love the sound quality, the quality of the earbuds and the fm tuner. I think they could upgrade their software so that using the device is more user friendly. I felt that the combination of the poor software & the stupid buttons took too much energy & effort to use. With all of the gadgets that I have to use daily I don't want to spend time unnecessarily learning new gadgets that will be obsolete in 6 months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3