Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for DePewK > Reviews

Browse

DePewK's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DePewK RSS Feed

Stories Jesus Told: Lift-the-Flap
Stories Jesus Told: Lift-the-Flap
by Mark Littleton
Edition: Board book
Price: $10.99
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures, Lots of relevant stories, February 22, 2013
I was surprised how many parables where told--one per page. A little wordy for very young kids but good for 3 yrs or an attentive younger child. The flaps are fun for any age. A high quality book.

Easter Joy (St. Joseph Rattle Board Books)
Easter Joy (St. Joseph Rattle Board Books)
by Catholic Book Publishing Co
Edition: Board book
Price: $5.75
46 used & new from $2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple for Very Young Readers, February 22, 2013
My child is a year and a half old. The language and scenes are short and in terms she can understand. The book starts with the Last Supper, goes on to the Agony in the Garden, Crucifixion, Resurrection, and Pentecost. This is one of her favorite books, and she can now tell me what is happening on each page. A great teaching tool. I recommend the "Let's go to mass" book in the same series.

Econobum Individual
Econobum Individual

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within 4 months, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Econobum Individual (Baby Product)
I have had these covers for about 4 months now. On the plus side the prefold that it comes with is very absorbent and durable. However, it is bulky. They gap around the legs regardless of how they are snapped, shift during use, and as a result leak terribly. I have treated the covers gingerly, only washing them on cold and line drying them--never used bleach or oxyclean. Yet the elastic has relaxed to nearly nothing and the PUL is de-laminating on the wings. I used a Thirsties duo wrap for about as long and loved it. Fit well and lasted well.

Lansinoh Clean & Condition Cloths, 80 Count Value Pack (Pack of 6)
Lansinoh Clean & Condition Cloths, 80 Count Value Pack (Pack of 6)
4 used & new from $23.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle protection, August 14, 2011
Specially made for breastfed babies who have more frequent and loose bowl movements. I have been so pleased with how gentle and effective these wipes are. They contain lanolin and leave a light oily film on baby--this leaves baby's bum soft and protects it from dampness in the same way rash ointments work. At first these wipes seemed a little dry and thin compared to the popular brands, but after using my first package I was sold. They clean up even stuck on stuff and help the skin dry quicker so you don't trap moisture in the new diaper. The thinness is decieving too, because they are actually really gentle but are strong enough to stand up to run through the wash--other wipes break down.

Lansinoh Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads, 60 Count Boxes (Pack of 4)
Lansinoh Stay Dry Disposable Nursing Pads, 60 Count Boxes (Pack of 4)
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $30.01
23 used & new from $30.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dryness!, August 14, 2011
Keeps me dry all night and leaves me feeling secure through busy days. Uses gel technology (like pads and diapers). Even after it absorbs moisture it stays dry to the touch up to the point of saturation. And it has a fairly large capacity and soaks up milk instantly--no feeling a little trickle. I had to peek to confirm I was having a let-downs because all I could feel was the cramping of the muscles--sure enough I was producing a good spray but these pads handled it easily. I've been forced to use other brands when I've run out, and they don't compare--leaky, won't stay put, feel damp. I highly recommend Lansinoh products.

Gerber 12-Pack Flatfold Birdseye Cloth Diapers - White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen to Recent Negative Reviews!, July 15, 2011
These are the least expensive and what my mom raised us on--but NOT. The negative reviews of this product are quite true. (Wish I had listened). I thought if I washed these on hot 4-5 times as some have suggested, they would turn into what I remember my younger sibling having. Nope--can't tell you how much water and electricity I have wasted and they are still gauze. They come out of the drier looking like the tissue you forgot to remove from your pocket. I found myself trying to iron them back into a square; rediculous and difficult.

They are absorbent, but lack substance while still being bulky. In other words not much capacity. Not easy to fold in the shape they turn into. Not even worth using for a burp cloth (which the old Gerber ones were great for)--your shoulder will get wet. These are NOT what Gerber used to make (sadly). See OsoCozy for a true birdseye flat fold--even better than what Gerber used to produce.

Dappi Waterproof 100% Vinyl Diaper Pants, 3Pack, White, Newborn (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and Effective--Great Value, July 15, 2011
I highly recommend these pants as soft, durable, affordable and most importantly, effective diaper covers. I've tried the usual cloth covers in wrap styles and in spite of my best efforts there were way too many leaks to be practical. I had to search long to find the old-fashioned "plastic" pants. These are much softer than what I grew up with. And while I had thought it was foolish to put them in the dryer, I now find myself doing it on a regular basis (medium heat) with great results. I wash them together with my diapers.

Other reviews complain about them falling apart quickly--I have not found that to be so. Sewn vinyl is weaker at the seams and naturally is the first place to tear. This is not a flaw in manufacturing. I find these pants to be of good quality and durability. I am careful not to strain the seams or dry them on high heat and they are lasting well. Even the one that is starting to tear is still effective at keeping clothes and car seat dry! Even if you do feel they wear out too quickly they are sooooo much less expensive than the alternatives, it's well worth replacing a few more frequently.

Sizes run big! My baby has nearly outgrown newborn clothes, but the newborn vinyl pant size is still much too large. I fixed this bringing in the side seams (slightly longer than standard stitch so as not to weaken vinyl too much). These tailored pants are working great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 10:33 PM PST

OsoCozy 6 Pack Birdseye Flat Bleached Diapers
OsoCozy 6 Pack Birdseye Flat Bleached Diapers
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money--Far better than Gerber, July 15, 2011
I first purchased Gerber's flat fold diapers (a huge disappointment). OsoCozy's diapers are made of a thick (but not too much) birdseye weave. They are significantly higher quality and perform well. I've found them to be very absorbent and soft. The edges are folded over twice and sewn rather than surged which may be an advantage to some, but are the only reason for my four star rating instead of five. These seams create a lot of bulk in areas with certain folds--especially the origami where all the edges pile up along the back.