Profile for Corinne Apostle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Corinne Apostle RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Son: A novel
The Son: A novel
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, August 31, 2014
This review is from: The Son: A novel (Kindle Edition)
WOW! I was at first disappointed, waiting for Harry to make his appearance, then realizing he would not be a part of this book. But I was soon engrossed in the tale of a charismatic, imprisoned addict who seeks redemption for his father's death and ruined reputation. The book, without giving a 'book report' is a page turner and I was sorry to see it end. Now of course I will have to go back and read the non-Harry Hole works for Jo Nesbo!

E-PRANCE® Cotton Velvet Car Safety Seat Belt Shoulder Pad Pillow for Children,Pink
Offered by E-PRANCE
Price: $11.99
4 used & new from $5.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to any booster seat, August 13, 2014
The addition of the shoulder harness pillow made a real 'boost' to the booster seat. I am glad I got it!

Cosco Top Side Booster, Marla
Cosco Top Side Booster, Marla

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and stylish booster seat, August 13, 2014
The only thing lacking with this seat is a cup holder. Otherwise it is comfortable and my great niece loves it (especially in pink with the addition of the seat belt pillow). It does tend to slide when first climbing in, and she cried the other day when she "fell out of it" before buckling her in. I reviewed all of the booster seats available before choosing this one.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves: A Novel
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC

2.0 out of 5 stars nothing to write home about, July 15, 2014
This book was selected for our book club, and although I haven't yet finished it I am wondering 'why?' The further along I get I understand the intent of animal cruelty in psychology and pharmacom testing, but overall I wouldn't recommend it - it just hasn't grabbed me.

A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy Book 1)
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great summer read, July 15, 2014
how do you put a half star in? (I would have given it 4 1/2). I really enjoyed this book (given to me as a gift), so much so that I ordered the sequel and pre-ordered the 3rd book of the trilogy. it is fast paced and a great summer read. a bit targeted for younger (late 20's early 30's?) readers but with a great deal of history and very well written. I would definitely recommend it!

Phantom: A Harry Hole Novel (9)
Phantom: A Harry Hole Novel (9)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll just say if you're a fan of Nesbo you won't be disappointed in the slightest, July 6, 2014
I just adore Jo Nesbo, and the Phantom, 2nd to the last (so far) in the Harry Hole series, just keeps on giving. If you want a synopsis of the book, read others' reviews; I'll just say if you're a fan of Nesbo you won't be disappointed in the slightest.

Cockroaches: The Second Inspector Harry Hole Novel
Cockroaches: The Second Inspector Harry Hole Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars captivating!, June 26, 2014
Harry's at it again, having returned from a 3-year hiatus he is no longer a cop, but finds himself embroiled in Oleg's murder accusation... thus the plot begins, and thickens. Nesbo is a genius in creating his characters - and Harry is still sober, as he was in Bangkok! The demons still haunt but he manages to hold out.
Unfortunately I read these books out of order, so after having read Snowman and several of his more recent books have returned to his early writings, but they never cease to captivate this audience. If you want an extremely well written page-turner, try Jo Nesbo, but try to read them in order!

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: A Novel
The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: A Novel
Price: $9.25

3.0 out of 5 stars A sweet story, June 12, 2014
of a curmudgeon turned into a softie... I think this book was written with a young audience in mind, and although enjoyable it lacked depth (except in excerpting quotes from authors I have never read!). a good 2-sitting read

Black List: A Thriller (Scot Harvath Book 11)
Black List: A Thriller (Scot Harvath Book 11)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars a great thriller!, June 12, 2014
I suppose this book is what the TV series is based on (personally I prefer the TV series). my complaint would be the initial plethora of characters and trying to keep straight who is who and whose side each one is on. overall it was a good read and Brad Thor remains true to form in his ability to mesmerize a page turner (I read it in 2 sittings).

The Execution of Noa P. Singleton: A Novel
The Execution of Noa P. Singleton: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great read!, June 2, 2014
what attracted me to this book? I don't know; it was (at the time) only $1.99 and the title caught my eye. I was in for a great surprise - it is an extremely well written book and I highly recommend it. (I don't give book reviews; leave that to others!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5