Profile for Donald Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Donald Johnson RSS Feed (San Diego, Ca USA)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Use It For A Full 30 Days...Then Decide, September 26, 2013
I started taking this years ago when it first came out and initially I was not impressed at all. But Last year I started taking it again to give it a solid 30 days (one tub) of testing and I believe that's what makes the difference. This stuff has to work in your system over time to give you the best results.

My first isolated doses of it back in 2008 gave me energy but nothing else related to mental clarity. Now having used it for almost a year now consistently I have to say it has had amazing effect on my mental clarity and general cognitive quickness.

For those that say it tastes horrible...get over it! Seriously, this stuff might not be your favorite in terms of taste but please reconsider your complaints when you take into account that it's only in your mouth for a few seconds. Mixed berry probably tastes the worst out of all the available flavors (think berry flavored cough syrup) but chocolate is their redeeming flavor and you'll be hooked on it if you really give it a try.

I was a little more patient than most others with my trial having taken it for 30 straight days. The nutrition53 site is also a tiny bit misleading allowing you one time samples of the stuff since I'm pretty sure the bulk of the results come over time. But whatever, it works for me and I hope it works well for others or anyone else who wants to sample it.

General affects to be noted: better mood, gradual increase in cognition, better hand-eye coordination, reduction of tip of the tongue moments for recalling things from memory, generally calmer and more able to deal with stressful conditions.

Please take note that one full scoop dose is too strong for me, so I actually do a half scoop 2 - 3 times daily. Helps keep the neuro consistently in my system and I'm sharp all day long.

Gaspari Nutrition Gaspari Shaker Cup
Gaspari Nutrition Gaspari Shaker Cup
Offered by NUTRITION DEPOT
Price: $7.00
3 used & new from $6.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shaker Cup!!, November 10, 2012
This is an excellent shaker cup that I use twice a day for my drinks. The body doesn't sweat and the top keeps all the liquid inside where it should be, even during vigorous shaking! I often hold it upside down while shaking and not a single drop of my blends comes out. The price is right and so is the performance. I can't see getting shaker cup any time soon as long as this keeps up.

MEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Memory Wire (Clear)
Price: $17.99
13 used & new from $15.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with a Few Small Caveats, June 28, 2012
In reality i give these a 4.5 since sweat destroys them. But thankfully I didn't buy them for exercise. They have stayed in my ears without any discomfort or agitation for several hours. Sound is balanced, bass is full, and it comes with an array of ear pieces to ensure you get a good fit.

If you can do physical activity without sweating these make be suitable buds for you, but otherwise you're looking at a very short lifespan with wetness on these. Though the cord and ear piece are designed well the material feels a tiny bit cheap, so you definitely want to take great care of your set. You can easily do so by storing it in the small case it comes with.

Overall great sound, excellent design. If they made it in a sturdier material without changing touching sound quality, I would happily buy that pair as well.

Altec Lansing UHP106 Backbeat Series In Ear Headphone with Ulitmate Ears technology (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by CallofDeals
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for its price range, January 10, 2011
Taking into account that this can be purchased anywhere between $15-30 (I got mine for $30 at a local retailer) the quality is immaculate for its price range. The cloth cable, unheard of at this price range by the way, is tangle free and very durable. The sound is well rounded. I broke it in just today with about 5 hours of listening. Cord length is just right, feels perfect if ipod is in pocket on lying next to me on the table. Bass is full but standard for light silicone ear tips. And the ear fittings are perfect with four different sizes. I expect them to last a few months. For the price you shouldn't expect super durability like its upper end counter parts but its definitely a perfect fit for the budget oriented. Cant go wrong really.

Klipsch Image S2 Comfort-Fit Noise-Isolating Earphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Comfort- Ok Sound, September 25, 2010
These fit like a charm the instant I put them on. I have Ultimate Ears superfi 4 which are a bit more expensive. Its all about the fit like most any ear canal audio gear and these get a perfect score for comfort. I love the sound on my UE superfi's but can't get it to stay in my ears for more than 10 minutes. These I just stick in and forget they're there. The sound quality is about 4/5. You can tell these arent tailored for the best sound, but the comfort level they offer makes them 100% worth it. When finances allow I will definitely get the image s4. I think Klipsch nailed comfort level for earbud headphones perfectly. Will now look for more of their products.

I paid $20 for mine by the way. Not used but brand new =)

Religulous
Religulous
DVD ~ Bill Maher
Price: $9.96
69 used & new from $2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Movie, May 6, 2009
This review is from: Religulous (DVD)
If you feel your faith is secured, obviously this shouldn't hurt you, because something as menial as a stupid movie should not offend you or your faith. Just keep an open mind because only those with narrow minds will be offended. Overall, If you look at the movie from a purely logical stand point, the way in which he ties everything together is just awesome.

The Quest
The Quest
DVD ~ Jean-Claude Van Damme
Price: $9.78
53 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it then, love it now., January 6, 2009
This review is from: The Quest (DVD)
The plot may have been iffy to some, but I never really cared. I enjoy it most for it's fight choreography. Bloodsport was a little better, but for the price this can't be beat.

Music for Concentration
Music for Concentration
Offered by InfMind
Price: $8.95
25 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for its intended purpose, November 27, 2008
This review is from: Music for Concentration (Audio CD)
For concentration enhancement, its done wonders for enduring focus for both my studies and every day menial tasks. I find my mind wandering far less. The only discrepancy I can see is its encompassing effectiveness. I have experienced better results for both memory and concentration with other audios. With this audio Ive experienced an awakened drive to be productive or use my mind. Memory isnt necessarily effected, but I have a state of mind where I can sit and do something for an extended period of time. In all honesty, its smooth classical feel alone would be worth the purchase. I have a pretty vast collection of both classical works and mind enhancement music tracks so I have much to compare it with. In conclusion, for concentration it does its job well. For extended effects in relation to memory, mental clarity and cognition there are other products that work better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2008 11:04 AM PST