Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Lydia E. York > Reviews

Browse

Lydia E. York's Profile

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lydia E. York "A Perfect Six" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
G7 Power Incline LED 10W (60W) 810 Lumen A19 Standard Light Bulb, Dimmable 2700K Warm White
Offered by G7 Power
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars You Would Never Know, November 13, 2014
This is the first LED light bulb that performs as the old incandescent bulbs did. It comes on with full brightness to start. I use this in a work lamp on my desk and it performs well. I thought I would have a problem with glare, but that didn't happen either. I will gradually change over additional lamps to this style bulb as the current bulbs fail. You will never know you are using anything other than an incandescent bulb.

WWII in HD Season 1
WWII in HD Season 1
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You Owe It To Yourself., October 23, 2014
If you tend to think of WWII in black and white, this series should disabuse you of that notion. The quality is lower, but the images are that much more powerful. Although told from the US perspective only, the personal stories are very powerful. The perspectives help the viewer to see the war as they saw the war; in color and in all its horror. This era is slipping from living memory. I was profoundly moved. You owe it to yourself to see this series.

Shir Ahava-A Love Poem
Shir Ahava-A Love Poem
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Big Band isn't dead and is still an important ..., August 22, 2014
This review is from: Shir Ahava-A Love Poem (MP3 Music)
The Big Band isn't dead and is still an important vehicle for jazz. This track exploits the big band sound as well as any of the big band masters.

The Roman Empire in the First Century
The Roman Empire in the First Century
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars A Ken Burns type treatment of an important period in ..., August 14, 2014
A Ken Burns type treatment of an important period in European history. No actors or re-enactments. However the in person accounts of daily living are worth the time to see this.

Valrhona Chocolate Cocoa Powder 100% cacao 1 lb
Valrhona Chocolate Cocoa Powder 100% cacao 1 lb
Offered by Gourmet Food World
Price: $16.75
7 used & new from $11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 14, 2014
I use this cocoa for extra special cakes. People notice. That makes it worth the expense.

Kitchen Art Pro Measuring Butter Knife
Kitchen Art Pro Measuring Butter Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know I needed this until I had it ..., August 14, 2014
I didn't know I needed this until I had it. I can discard the wax wrapper and still get accurate, consistent measurements.

Knapp Made CM Scrubber - Stainless Steel Chain Mail Scrubber for Cast Iron Cookware
Offered by KnappMade Products
Price: $19.98
4 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted Skeptic, September 30, 2013
I read nearly every review concerning this scrubber. It seemed like it should work, but $20 is a lot for a scrubber. Eventually I took the plunge!

I pulled out a pan with some cooked on sediment, a cooking accident from years ago. I mean sediment that has "seasoned" onto the pan. I had to use some elbow grease as well, but the pan is smooth again!

Jut to be clear, I put some warm water in the pan and then used the scrubber. Now that ancient pizza crust is gone forever. Yes, that spot needs to be seasoned, but now the pan is clean to the surface!

Queen Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free
Offered by Everyday Pure
Price: $39.95
9 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Help You Need (where it matters most), August 25, 2013
I purchased this product to extend the life of a very comfortable mattress. The sheet is neither plastic nor a contributor to excessive sleep sweat. It fits under a regular mattress cover and does not create problems for dressing the bed. I have more confidence that the next accident will not harm the mattress.

I have not yet needed to wash the cover, but the instructions seem clear and I will follow them to the letter.

The price point for this product seems fair, especially in comparison to other products. I strongly recommend this product for the help you need where you need it most.

UltraClub® Men's Cool & Dry Sport Performance Interlock Tee - White - M
UltraClub® Men's Cool & Dry Sport Performance Interlock Tee - White - M
Offered by Under Moments
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking cool and staying cool, July 24, 2013
I received a promotional t-shirt that was very cool on hot days, even in black. When I found them on Amazon I was very happy. They are nice enough to wear under a jacket in informal settings. I'm planning to get more.

Heaven
Heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars We May Lose This War, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Heaven (MP3 Music)
Emile Sande is the latest offering of British Soul, a la Macy Grey, Adele, Duffy, and Amy Winehouse. This is the first release into the US for Sande. I hope the album is coming to the US soon.

Sande is firmly in the British Soul tradition. Ms. Sande is also a songwriter having written for Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle (put that in your pipe and smoke it). She has a strong voice that will mature nicely. Think of a blend of Donna Summer and Beyonce (another well trained musician). She nearly completed medical school before starting her career in music, so she does have options if her musical career doesn't work out. Based on what I've heard, we will never encounter Sande in a white coat.

The offering here, "Heaven," is more British pop than soul, but the horns lend enough soul to make the cut interesting. However, you can hear the substance of her voice. This track seems more suited for the club because the actual lyrics don't make any sense to me.

In the interests of full disclosure, I became interested in Ms Sande after hearing her performance on the Graham Norton Show with Madonna in the audience. That performance was truly thrilling!

I can't figure out what the thinking is behind the release of this track as the American introduction. I'm willing to wait for the US album release which should be pretty good.

Lately, the UK has been doing a bit better than the US when it comes to soul singers. Yes, we still set the standard, but our cousins are making us look bad, especially with the female singers. More specifically, they seem to be producing more, if not better musicians. However, I'm prepared for the ultimate irony; Soul music nourished and strengthened in the UK.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5