Profile for L'Amour du Livre > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L'Amour du Livre RSS Feed (CA)

The Lost Art of Listening, Second Edition: How Learning to Listen Can Improve Relationships
by Michael P. Nichols
Price: $14.40
77 used & new from $7.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A great way to improve your relationships, February 18, 2011
Who would have thought listening was so difficult?! When you think about it though, we often talk and never stop to truly hear the other person. Even when we seem to be listening, we're often preparing our response before the other person has finished speaking. This book could have been titled Communicating Effectively or How to Improve Your Relationships. The Lost Art of Listening is such a valuable guide for improving communication and I truly believe people would have more successful relationships if they implemented the strategies included in this book.

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
by Amy Chua
Price: $17.90
446 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Endearing, February 18, 2011
Amy Chua sucks you in to her memoir of raising her two Chinese-American daugthers in the traditional Chinese way. I laughed out loud, raised my eyebrows, and felt satisfied at its conclusion. A fun read for parents or those interested in the dynamics of raising children.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2011 4:41 PM PST

My Name Is Not Isabella: Just How Big Can a Little Girl Dream?
My Name Is Not Isabella: Just How Big Can a Little Girl Dream?
by Jennifer Fosberry
Price: $14.25
51 used & new from $6.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, February 18, 2011
I thought this was a wonderful, inspiring, and enjoyable book to read aloud to my middle school students, although it was written for children who are much younger. I believe picture books are fun for kids of all ages and I enjoyed it as much as my students did.

Managing Herpes: How to Live and Love with a Chronic STD
Managing Herpes: How to Live and Love with a Chronic STD
by Charles Ebel
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Resource, April 27, 2009
I found this book at the American Social Health Association (ASHA) site after I was diagnosed with HSV. I was lucky to have a physician who recognized my sores immediately and prescribed the proper medication (Valtrex). The virus was suppressed within 5 days. Herpes is not a death sentence nor is it "dirty" as the social stigmas would have you believe. Get this book. Get the appropriate treatment. You will be fine!