Profile for Holly C. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Holly C. RSS Feed (Charleston, SC)

Pauline Frommer's Paris (Pauline Frommer Guides)
Pauline Frommer's Paris (Pauline Frommer Guides)
by Margie Rynn
39 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book - Don't go to Paris without it!, September 18, 2007
I was lucky enough to go to Paris three times, each time carrying Pauline Frommer's Paris book with me everywhere. Twice I went for less than two days and the third time for five days. The layout of the book is great. She has it broken down by the arrondissements (or districts). In each arrondissement there are recommended places to stay and eat. She is not shy about her recommendations and you get the feeling she actually knows the owners and employees at each establishment. Paris is a huge city and with this book I felt that I had some little connections to the people when I went to the recommended establishments. I went on two of the walks recommended in the walkabout section and each walk I stopped at the recommended cafes and they were wonderfully Parisian, not cafes catering to American tourists but thankfully still spoke English. There is a chapter on Paris' 10 iconic sites but also easy itineraries for one, two, three or 4 + days in Paris, which was very helpful to me since my time was limited. The best recommendation for me was to stop by Quai St.Bernard on a summer evening to watch people dance along the Seine doing the tango, something I would have walked right past if it was not for the book. All of the advice given was worth the $16.99, I have some wonderful memories of Paris and can't wait to go back. I would highly recommend purchasing this book if you are going to Paris. I felt I was given advice from a friend to all of the great spots to see while visiting her city.