Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Max Ebb > Reviews

Browse

Max Ebb's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Max Ebb RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Robert B. Parker's Blind Spot
Robert B. Parker's Blind Spot
by Robert B. Parker
Price: $26.95
127 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Jesse Stone in name only, September 11, 2015
Mr. Coleman completely and utterly misses capturing the essence and persona of Parker's Jesse Stone. For that reason alone, this was painful to read. The author appears to have simply tried to check the boxes: Stone drinks a lot; Stone works with Suitcase and Molly; Stone has regrets; etc. The intricacies and motivations of the character are almost completely missed or shallowly glossed over. Stone's interactions and relationships with Suitcase and Molly are laughably shallow than those laid out in Parker's books. I spent the whole time I read this book thinking to myself "This is not Jesse Stone". So disappointing.

I'll stick with Ace Atkin's continuing the legacy of Spenser because that holds true to Parker's character, but I'm done with this series until Parker's estate and Putnam correct their mistake.

Armband for iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c with OtterBox Defender Series Cases, (Also fits Large Protective Cases for iPhone 4S / 4 and more)
Offered by Tune Belt, Inc.
Price: $16.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Just decent, November 8, 2013
It does the job, but in my opinion, it's overpriced. Given the chance, I wouldn't buy it again at this price.

AT&T VC39253ATT Superior Car Charger with Lightning Adapter and USB Port - Retail Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect car charger for iphone 5. Buy this now., November 8, 2013
It does the job at 1/2 the cost of Apple and other name brand car chargers. Absolute no-brainer and I'm so glad I didn't give in and buy a car charger for my iphone 5 at Staples or some other box store.. I definitely would buy it again and recommend without hesitation. Amazon is king.

Robert B. Parker's Wonderland (Spenser)
Robert B. Parker's Wonderland (Spenser)
by Ace Atkins
158 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Parker is gone, but Spenser lives on. It's a worthy read., November 8, 2013
I will give credit where credit is due. Atkins deserves credit for a job well done. I've read every Robert B. Parker book and while this isn't as good as Parker's work, it stands alone as a good read. I enjoyed it and am happy that Parker's characters are continuing their literary lives. I found this book to be much better than Sixkill. Give it a try. I agree with others that say there are some times where I feel like Atkins is impersonating Parker, but there are other times where the descriptive details and wit are on par with the original. Parker may be gone, but Spenser lives on.

p.s. Check out the audiobook narrated by Joe Mantegna. It adds an extra element of enjoyment to the story.

The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
by Hank D. Haney
Price: $19.30
280 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessary. Grown men act like this?, May 2, 2013
First off, while it's common place to pile on Tiger Woods, I have a problem with Haney writing this book. He was Woods' swing coach and to, after the fact, write about it, is a violation of trust. Haney wants so badly to defend himself as a golf teacher / expert, that he feels the need to break protocol (teacher / student confidentiality) and use 247 pages for "See, I really am a great golf swing coach / instructor? See???". Haney's biography, list of accomplishments, and the statistical facts of Tiger Woods' PGA tournament results already do this. The book is unnecessary.

Secondly, in reading this, I found myself shocked that grown men act like this. Woods acted like a jerk with no self-awareness, but almost as bad, Haney acted like a grovelling enabler. I was embarrassed for him when reading his texts and emails to his "Bud" Tiger. Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story
Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story
by Arnold Schwarzenegger
120 used & new from $2.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Ego driven and not completely honest, but interesting., April 28, 2013
This book has parts that are just downright difficult to wade through, but if you can plow through sections where Arnold continually passes the buck on responsibility for everything from bad movies to his affair with his housekeeper of 14 years that supposedly took place in only one week while Maria was away, then it's worth finishing. While I admire his accomplishments, it's clear that Arnold is never honest with himself and therefore, cannot be honest with the reader. He's always holding something back and passing the buck. As other reviewers stated, this clearly is also an attempt to publicly apologize to Maria and to beg for her to take him back. Not very likely. I knew he was an egomaniac, but I also thought he was more aware of his limitations and more mature than several sections of the book portray. The way he swoons over certain women (JLC, Helga Testorff's breasts, etc.) is a glimpse at the real Arnold. The one Maria, moviegoers, and the citizens of California all got sick of.

To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition
DVD ~ Gregory Peck
Price: $9.49
37 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best. A must see for each generation., April 2, 2013
An incredible DVD of one of the greatest films ever made. The movie has everything that you could ask for and the contents of the DVD simply define the format with incredible bonus features. A rare instance in which a movie is on par with the book. It's important for all generations to see this story. It's a tour de force of acting greatness in a story that quite simply provides incredible historical context for a shameful part of american history, while inspiring us to believe in the integrity and honor of man. Kudos to Universal and all involved in putting this 50th anniversary edition together.

San Francisco Bay OneCup, Fog Chaser, 80 Single Serve Coffees
San Francisco Bay OneCup, Fog Chaser, 80 Single Serve Coffees
Price: $29.00
19 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee for Keurig (plus economical and environmentally responsible), March 7, 2013
I bought this from a local wholesale club a year ago on a whim. Considerations were that it was organic, 40% cheaper, and would solve the fact that I like my Keurig but I was sick of plastic k cups filling up my trash. I have continued to buy it because it tastes great. Absolutely the best tasting coffee that I've ever gotten out of my Keurig, so buying it is an absolute no brainer. Order some!

Restating what others have pointed out:

1. Fits all Keurig k cup brewers
2. Plastic ring / top with coffee pod/filter half dome beneath. Top fits in Keurig collar and bottom does NOT get pierced by needle. It doesn't have to. Water flows through the pod.
3. No mess. Zero grounds come through. Easy clean up.
4. Once you open a bag, you put the coffee pods in an air tight container. Anyone brewing coffee should have access to an air tight container. I use a canister that I used to keep brown sugar in. Glass food storage containers would work too. I would use ziploc bags as the last resort.

Brew on!

Carhartt Men's Canvas Work Dungaree B151,Black,31 x 32
Carhartt Men's Canvas Work Dungaree B151,Black,31 x 32
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 7, 2013
Excellent pants. Functional, comfortable, and durable. No need to drive all over or search online for work pants that will meet your needs and budget. I highly recommend these. Run true to size for me. Remember to wash separately and always turn inside out before washing / drying and they will hold up for the long haul.

Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Canvas Carpenter Five Pocket B159,Charcoal,31 x 32
Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Canvas Carpenter Five Pocket B159,Charcoal,31 x 32
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 7, 2013
I swear by Carhartt pants and these do not disappoint. Perfect combination of durable, comfortable, and functional. Highly recommend the product and you simply cannot beat the price Amazon offers.

Page: 1 | 2