Profile for Sara-s > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 152

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sara-s RSS Feed (New York)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Gorilla Glue 6045001 Shipping Tape
Gorilla Glue 6045001 Shipping Tape
Price: $8.97
8 used & new from $7.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong tape, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This packing tape is just as described' wider and thicker than other brands. This makes it easier to apply and less likely to be punctured or torn in transit. It adheres about as well as any other tape that I have used. The thing I like as much as the sturdiness of the tape is the dispenser. Unlike most, it has a roller that makes the tape go on effortlessly. The cutter is very sharp, so the tape tears cleanly. (But keep it away from your fingers.) I will buy more of this, when it is used up!

DII Mesh Caddie Perfect for College Dorm, Pools, Gyms, Beaches, Locker Rooms, Bathrooms, Shower, Portable Collapsible Shower Caddie, Pink
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy shower caddy, May 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This caddy is mostly mesh, with some fabric trim & carry handle. It looks good, feels sturdy and drains well. It can carry quite a bit; in fact, far more than I am ever likely to put into it. I have weight-tested it by hanging in on a hook and over the shower head, with good result. Even when wet, and full of just about every item in my shower, it keeps it shape and carries the weight safely and securely.

The mesh dries pretty quickly, but the fabric takes some time to dry. This is not generally a problem, unless you are using it for travel, as it may still be wet, when it is time to pack up & go home. I deducted a star for this, but it is still a pretty nice caddy.

26800B-452 Rubber Eye Guards - DSW Eyepieces
26800B-452 Rubber Eye Guards - DSW Eyepieces
Offered by Aven Inc.
Price: $6.28
2 used & new from $6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed a problem for me., April 8, 2015
I needed an eyeguard for a monocular, whose original eyeguard had broken. This is not the easiest thing in the world to find, but this product fills the need. It takes some work to stretch it over the end of the monocular, but that is a good thing, as there is no way that it will fall off. It feels comfortable against my face, when in use. I only needed one, but that's OK too. They weren't expensive and now I have a spare.

Watermax Neutral pH Water Treatment, 1-Gallon
Watermax Neutral pH Water Treatment, 1-Gallon
Price: $64.95
2 used & new from $64.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my plants healthier., April 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using this product in my hydroponic system, and for my Bonsai trees. (They grow in small post, and can accumulate salts quickly.) I have noticed the salts breaking down, with no adverse effects on any of my plants. I was also able to use it as a soak, to clean some encrusted pots & trays. It has no discernible odor and does what it claims to to. My only issue is with the packaging. Specifically, it comes in a gallon container, which makes it hard to pour out small amounts (which are all I need, for one watering.) It would be nice of it came with a pump, to control quantity more effectively.

Square Perfect 2090 30-Inch Light Tent Photo Cube Softbox with 4 Colored Backgrounds for Product Photography
Price: $39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, March 16, 2015
When I opened this "cube" it did not sit flat or squarely. There were only 3 colored backdrops, instead of the advertised 4. Worse, it was nearly impossible to fold back up. (This is not a task with which I generally have difficulty.) The so-called instructions were just pictures, and not especially helpful. When, in spite of the poor instructions, I got it folded, I found that it had no retaining strap. So I had to stuff it back into the zip case, very quickly, to prevent it from popping open again. Needless to say, I am sending it back and would give it Zero stars, if that were possible.

WD-40 300038 Specialist Long Term Corrosion Inhibitor Spray, 6.5 oz. (Pack of 1)
Price: $11.89
8 used & new from $11.52

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used this on a "weather resistant" padlock that didn't resist weather as well as it promised. The lock is outside, on a shed and the shaft was beginning to rust. So I cleaned the rust off and sprayed it with this product. In three weeks, which have had snowy and rainy weather, no new rust has appeared.
It goes on kind of thickly and has a strong smell. After setting, it still feels a bit tacky. So I suggest using it outdoors or in a well-ventilated room and wearing gloves, when working with it. It's not perfect, but in this case it was worth using.

Grifiti Deck 17 Lap Desk for Apple Macbook Pro 17, Laptops, Notebooks, Keyboard Platform for Standard Keyboards, Ipads, and Writing
Offered by Grifiti
Price: $15.98
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lap desk., March 3, 2015
I love this lap desk!! It fits comfortably across my knees, with ample room for my tablet or Kindle (plus a beverage.) It has a non-slip surface, so the tablet (an iPad mini) does not shift around. My husband also has one, which he uses with a full-size iPad. Like me, he finds it comfortable and enjoyable to use. Plus, being very thin, it is easily stowed, when I am done with it. I reccommend this without qualification.

Fekkai Technician Color Care Mask 1.69 Oz, 1.690-Fluid Ounce
Fekkai Technician Color Care Mask 1.69 Oz, 1.690-Fluid Ounce
Price: $7.42
15 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for colored hair, March 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This deep conditioner is marketed for use with colored hair, but need not be limited to that. My hair is not dyed, but is thick & curly. Without aa good conditioner, it can get rather coarse. I found this product easy to apply and use. After keeping it on, for several minutes, in the shower, it rinsed out easily, leaving my hair feeling smooth & soft, but not sticky. A couple of weeks later, it still feels very soft and looks shiny. The aroma is pleasant, but a bit too strong (for which I deducted a star.) Thankfully, the scent doesn't linger, so I will order more when I use this up.

Vtech DS6522-4 4 Handset Connect to Cell Answering System
Vtech DS6522-4 4 Handset Connect to Cell Answering System

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone system, February 24, 2015
I got this system for a 2-story home with both landline & cellular phones. I had no difficulty setting it up, based on the included Quickstart guide. Uploading numbers from your cell phone is not hard, though it can take some time. However, that is far less time than it would take to enter them by hand.
You can set a different ringtone for cell & landline calls; I used a traditional ring for the landline & a musical sound for the cell. You should be aware that you have to set the ringtones one each individual handset.

I have found the sound quality to be very good, on landline, cell and speakerphone. The weakest point is the handset charging cradles, which are very light. Their light weight makes them too easy to displace. (I solved this by taping a couple of fishing weights to the back of each one.) One other problem, is that the lights on the base unit are vvery bright. This is annoying in the bedroom, so I covvered the lights with translucent red tape. All in all, I like the system, in spite of a couple of minor flaws.

Clorox ScrubSingles, Kitchen, Citrus Blend, 36 count box (Pack of 2)
Clorox ScrubSingles, Kitchen, Citrus Blend, 36 count box (Pack of 2)
Price: $17.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of cleaning power., February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These give new meaning to thhe concept of a "single-use" product. True, they are disposable, but they will do an awful lot of cleeaning, before they really need to be tossed out. I just cleaned my stove, with mch less elbow grease than usual. After that, I rinsed the pad and cleaaned the outside of my washer & dryer. Then, another couple of rinses and I was able to clean the counter & sink. Clearly, there is a good bit of cleaner embedded into the pad.
They are packaged dry, and begin to clean once you add water. I like this over pre-moistened cleaning wipes, because the wipes can dry out before you use them all.(And yes, I clean often enough to use up the wipes.) The only thing I didn't like is that they are scented, though the wipes are too. The scent is not unplleasant, but I would prefer an unscented pad. All in all, this is a good cleaaning product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16