Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Kent Nelson > Reviews

Browse

Kent Nelson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kent Nelson "Roadrunner_KN" RSS Feed (Colorado)

Blood Bowl 2 - Xbox One
Blood Bowl 2 - Xbox One
Price: $29.80
20 used & new from $13.97

4.0 out of 5 stars A great game with still lots of potential. Don't overlook!, May 11, 2016
As someone who entered the Blood Bowl universe via BB2's initial release in 2015, I had no previous knowledge that this game series existed (tabletop or BB1). I have had quite a lot of fun learning about the game and honing my skills since the release. It is definitely not a Madden sort of football game but offers a totally unique take on football. (Think NFL football combined with the turn-by-turn action of chess. I even like to think that this could be an amazing platform for Scott Sigler's series, The Galactic Football League.) Even though I will admit that there were some frustrating parts with the initial learning curve and with the early game mechanics, I have stuck with the game since I enjoy the game that much. Matches usually run about an hour so it is easy to throw in a match when my busy schedule allows for it.

Since the posting of this review, I have seen at least two major updates (I may have missed one) pushed out to the consoles from the game publishers to address issues reported through the BB2 technical forums. These updates have drastically improved the internal workings of the game and we have seen new teams added to the roster as well. Is this a completed product? No. As with pretty much every console game that is released nowadays, game programmers are always tweaking the game and pushing updates to make it a better experience. BB2 is still quite young with lots of potential. Knowing that the game developers are staring to pay more attention to the forums to improve the game (even though they are not very vocal) helps us as coaches know we have not been abandoned. I am excited to see how each new update installment improves game play and the game environment. So to the new buyer, if you are looking for a totally unique football/chess/strategy game that will fill that extra hour floating in a day, give BB2 a try. See you out on the pitch!

Armitron Sport Men's 408125BLK Chronograph Black Strap Digital Display Watch
Armitron Sport Men's 408125BLK Chronograph Black Strap Digital Display Watch
Price: $22.49
2 used & new from $22.49

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great watch!, October 24, 2014
I first picked up this watch in Target about six years ago since it had a rather nice face with large numbers for easy readability. Very handy when working outside mowing grass! Since then, I have worn this watch everywhere until about three years ago the band broke. (This seems to be the common weak link with this watch but do not let that deter you!)

Even though the band had broken, I still used this watch as a time keeping device on my desk. Six years later, I still cannot believe that the watch still is running on the original battery! I am not one to say that all of this watch style's battery will last as long, but it is quite the testament to a digital watch battery, especially for watch that only costs 20 bucks! I was quite surprised and happy to see this watch for sale here on Amazon and decided I would give it another go and purchase one. It is now residing on my wrist as I type out this review. I will update this review should it fail again!

Levi's Men's 40mm Genuine Leather 2 Pronged Buckle Belt
Levi's Men's 40mm Genuine Leather 2 Pronged Buckle Belt
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome belt!, April 27, 2011
I bought this belt about 8 years ago and have not had any issues with this great belt since the get go. Not only is it stylish, it has withstood quite a lot of abuse, and still does its job. The color has faded a bit but that is to be expected with any sort of leather product that has been used extensively. I like the dual prong buckle because it adds more of a "stable" feel when closing the buckle. I highly suggest this belt!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2011 5:13 AM PDT

HON Metal Bookcase, 5 Shelves, 34-1/2 W by 12-5/8 W by 71 H, Black
HON Metal Bookcase, 5 Shelves, 34-1/2 W by 12-5/8 W by 71 H, Black
Offered by pcrush-outlet
Price: $222.93
27 used & new from $213.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, sturdy bookcase!, March 22, 2011
I am extremely pleased with this bookcase. It is rather solid and will last for many years. It was delivered in a timely manner as well.

Creature Comforts America: Season 1
Creature Comforts America: Season 1
DVD ~ Julie Dove
Offered by DAILY "Black-Friday" 4U
Price: $5.35
34 used & new from $1.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Just plain AWESOME!, October 10, 2007
I totally agree with Griffin on this one. This show is so great! It is too bad that the American public is so interested in "reality" shows and garbage of that nature, that they didn't give a show like this a chance. This is REAL reality! People talking about real things! Plus, all done up in an awesome animation style as well. I highly recommend getting this DVD as well as the British versions of this show. There are just so many good moments in these shows, funny ones as well as tender. My most favorite moment is the first scene when two guys are heard talking about "wine" but then cut to the animation and... well, I won't tell you. You will just have to BUY THIS DVD!!!!!

The Exterminators Vol. 1: Bug Brothers
The Exterminators Vol. 1: Bug Brothers
by Simon Oliver
54 used & new from $0.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Definately should be made into a TV show., June 26, 2007
I really liked this book because of the amazing artwork that was found within the pages as well as the awesome storyline that is being set up. When you read this book, it is almost like you are there with the Bug Be Gone crew. I am a fan of these type of books. It almost reminds me a lot of the movie Ghostbusters. Each character in that movie and in this book have a certain quirk that makes them unique and fun to watch. As with the Ghostbusters, The Exterminators have their own little awesome toys and such that helps them battle the pestilence that is found in their city.

It is said on the cover of this book that "Vertigo is the HBO of the comic book world and proves this more than ever with THE EXTERMINATORS. ... Outstanding!" - Washington Examiner

I find that this is true. It would be really cool if HBO DID pick up on this series and make it into a tv show. One can almost visualize it being that way.

So what are you waiting for? PICK IT UP!!!!

Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
by Bill Willingham
Edition: Comic
135 used & new from $0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Just plain AWESOME, July 9, 2006
This is a great read. It is fun seeing childhood storybook characters in real world situations. Totally a fun read.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 2
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 2
by Alan Moore
Price: $12.81
163 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you say AWESOME?, April 5, 2005
Having heard that LXG was based off a comic book, made me want to go to the literature and see what it was made of. After reading Volumes 1 and 2, I was amazed at all the classic literature references and how Moore uses different classic stories to tell his. I am excited for Volume 3 to come out. I would reccomend this book for someone who likes to be entertained and who likes the old classics as well.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1