Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Elvis Lance Sinatra > Reviews

Browse

Elvis Lance Sina...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elvis Lance Sinatra "TCB4EP" RSS Feed (Chanhassen, MN USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Voices from the Bunker: Hitler's Personal Staff Tells the Story of the Fuhrer's Last Days
by Gertraud Junge
36 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, April 8, 2015
Such an honest story and so glad she wrote it, you won't be dissappointed

My Dream Duets
My Dream Duets
Offered by B68 Solutions Limited
Price: $9.99
77 used & new from $3.98

2.0 out of 5 stars because Barry can sing better than Frank, December 3, 2014
This review is from: My Dream Duets (Audio CD)
SNL Skit?? The first time I heard the duet with Barry and Louis Armstrong, I thought for sure it was some kind of comedy skit. First he sings Sinatra, because Barry can sing better than Frank, why even attempt it. Barry you are a great singer on your own, you don't have to raise the dead to make a cd. For all the radio stations please don't play its a wonderful life!

Elvis and Ginger: Elvis Presley's Fiancée and Last Love Finally Tells Her Story
Elvis and Ginger: Elvis Presley's Fiancée and Last Love Finally Tells Her Story
by Alden, Ginger
Price: $17.05
84 used & new from $0.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 1976-1977 opened for us to read., September 5, 2014
Lets all be honest, every book written about Elvis has some information that we did know or understand clearly, this book does open the door to some of the more interesting aspects of 1976-77. As fans, we know some people tell the truth others are still hiding behind the man and that's ok. This book like many others have you asking more questions and wanting more answers, like do Ginger and Lisa ever talk these days. What did she actually grab from Elvis's room when she left.

She does a great job of telling how great Elvis is and how much love was between them. Even though some say that Elvis never planned to marry Ginger, after reading this book I totally disagree, why would he go shopping for dresses, talk about a church, pick out a date?? At the same time she doesn't say much about his drugs or his thoughts on his drug intake, then again she was very young at the time. What were her thoughts after watching the CBS special, like so many have said, I never realize what bad shape he was in until I saw it on tv.

To me the most fascinating part is what happened to her after Elvis died, her relationship with Vernon, how Vernon was looking for an answer as to why he died, not realizing that the drugs, a unhealthy life style actually killed the man. I like the way she describes Vernon as such a caring person, dealing with a situation no one could control or comprehend.

I am just happy that Ginger turned out to be the person that she is and even though she didn't have to do it, she took the time to write this book. I am even more impressed that she still has the wedding ring and her TLC neckless, it shows she really did care for Elvis and still does.
Thanks Ginger and may every sunrise, shine on your beauty and wonderful honesty.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 2:03 AM PDT

The Silencers
The Silencers
Price: $7.79
17 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars What is the difference, August 2, 2013
This review is from: The Silencers (DVD)
I love this movie, anyone know what the difference is between this dvd and past ones (same title) they have put out?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 5:31 PM PDT

Dean Martin Christmas
Dean Martin Christmas
28 used & new from $0.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It!, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Dean Martin Christmas (DVD)
Finally, they got the songs, the clarity and PRICE to match up! Now keep in mind this is NOT the 1967 Sinatra & Martin Christmas special that we all want. From what I have gathered for so many years, the two families can't agree on it so we might have to wait another 45 yrs for that to happen. Get it together and make it happy please!!

But if you want to have fun, kick back with a cocktail you will enjoy this.
Brief description:

Dean singing Marshmallow world with two hot cuties and a smoke in hand, awesome!
Bob Newhart skit returning an item to a store, Dean as your store clerk
Goldiggers doing a medley of songs with and without Dean, thanks ladies!
Comedy of Dom D. by himself.
Dean at bar then with Ken Lane at piano a brief hello with Bob Hope but NO COUCH SCENE DAMN IT!
AGAIN TIME LIFE-DO ONE DVD OF JUST DEAN ON THE COUCH FOR $10!!!
Silent Movie skit with Jack Webb and Dom D.
Dennis Weaver singing with kids (go make another drink and take your time!)
Cast singing
Dean sings-AWESOME
Many guest-fundraiser.

Ok Time-Life, your back on track! Now each year give us another Christmas special, Thanksgiving and keep it as original as possible. Neil D. whatever role you played in this, THANKS!! And again to the family members of Dean, we all THANK YOU for keeping Deans fans in your heart and wish you all the very best in 2013.

And So It Goes
And So It Goes
Price: $13.51
88 used & new from $4.82

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST!!, October 30, 2012
This review is from: And So It Goes (Audio CD)
I was thinking could this cd be that good? It has been a long time and I only have his greatest hits stuff. So I jumped in and boy am I glad I did, this is awesome! If you like your Don mellow then this is it. I do suggest listening to it, three times in a row and after that you will be hooked! So sad the new "country" doesn't play this cd, it is just a great set of songs. Congrats Don!! Keep up the good work!!

The Dean Martin Variety Show (Uncut)
The Dean Martin Variety Show (Uncut)
Price: $17.99
23 used & new from $13.08

5.0 out of 5 stars ABOUT TIME!!, May 30, 2012
They FINALLY got it right, good job! A big thank you to Neil and the Dean Martin Family for working so hard on this, all us fans greatly appreciate it. Now keep them coming and lets get the Martin/Sinatra 1967 Christmas show out there!!!

Way Down: Playing Bass with Elvis, Dylan, The Doors and More - The Autobiography of Jerry Scheff
by Jerry Scheff
Price: $16.28
89 used & new from $1.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, March 9, 2012
I couldn't wait to get this book. Once I read it, I thought, where is the deep thoughts?? Jerry tells some good stories in his book but if you want any deep stories or how he felt about Elvis it isn't here. The Doors? You get 2 pages! Not like how did they work together, what was Jim really like. You do get 10 pages on John Denver, whoopee! He starts out by talking about Elvis in 1969 and how great it is, to playing in Elvis's jungle room (1976) and getting free cloths from Elvis in his room. But not ONE word on Elvis and his drugs, how did it make you feel Jerry seeing Elvis at 240pds, on drugs?? What do you and the other band members think? Even when he talks about Elvis passing away, there was no words of "I felt sad"
If you want to hear stories of what it is like to be a bass player with some great musicians and what it was like to work in the 60's and 70" and doing some drugs then it is a fine read. He mentioned being stoned on stage with Elvis, hell the camera light bulbs going off would freak me out right there, how you kept it together Jerry is beyong me. I speak for many Elvis fans, "Thank you and the rest of the TCB Band for sticking with Elvis so long and thank you for ripping on the Colonel he deserved it!"
I think the book would have been more fun and interesting if Ronnie and James would have joined in. Side note, Jerry for years I would listen to Madison Square Garden, I thought Elvis was saying when he introduces you, "my friend on the bass Jerry Scheff", then 20 years later I learned he said, "and on the FENDER Bass Jerry Scheff." I still like the first way I heard it. Good luck to you Jerry and the rest of the TCB Band!!Thanks for MANY MANY great times of watching and listen to Elvis, sober and maybe a few cocktail nights.

The Best of The Dean Martin Variety Show (Collector's Edition)
The Best of The Dean Martin Variety Show (Collector's Edition)
Price: $35.89
28 used & new from $14.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Really Sad, June 21, 2011
You have heard all the complaints and yes they are valid. So my question is why? Is the estate hurting for cash? Did someone in the family just sign off on it without looking it over? As I was watching this last night, I thought, "who screwed up, who dropped the ball?"

We all love Dean and don't get me wrong we will take anything with Dean's Show but for the love of GOD do a better job! This is the second attempt at getting this straightened out and it has gotten worse. We want to see DEAN! I think all of us love Dean's kids they seem like and I heard from people who have met them, great down to earth people. Here is what needs to happen next:

1) The family has to get a hold of Amazon and apologize for this sad case of "FULL EPISODES" of the show
2) They need to regroup and simply put out the best of Dean 1965, 1966 and so forth. The FULL episodes and if you can't get the permission from people, then put on the package the BEST CLIPS of 1965.
3) NO more interviews with people, we have seen and read them all. We get it. The last disc should be of every "couch" song he did that year. Hell even sell it as one dvd, call it Dean Relaxing! People would buy it!!
4) Get together with the Sinatra estate (just don't get Barbara and the kids in the same room) and get the 1967 Christmas special done!

Each year you sadly lose more Dean fans because of old age. We wish Dean's family the very best in years to come but don't embarrass yourself with putting together a half-ass "best of." Also how about some concert stuff like the Sinatra family has released??
All the best,

Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank
Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank
by Wendy Holden
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!, June 6, 2011
I want to say to Barbara, congrats on a great book and one written by the heart. I can only image that living with Frank was a fairytale day in and day out.

This book gives a loving tribute to Frank and her life with him and the fun that he brought her. I could not set the book down. It does make you want to head to Palm Springs.

Thanks Barbara for sharing all the great times you had with Frank and your love for him even today.

I do hope someone in the entertainment world will step up to the plate and keep their charitiy events and other items she mentioned in the book going on for years to come.

You will not be dissappointed in this book, if your a Sinatra fan.

Page: 1 | 2