ARRAY(0x9f987d80)

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Bronson RSS Feed (St Louis, MO USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iOttie HLCRIO104 Easy Flex 2 Windshield Dashboard Car/Desk Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3, HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $16.99
16 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my wife, now I want one. Excellent Product., November 30, 2012
I bought this mount for my wife, the feedback from her was is that it was really nice and easy to use even while driving.

So I "borrowed" it for a couple days, and now I am going to get one for myself. I am using it with an iPhone, but it would work fine with phones of all sizes, which is nice. If my phone size ever changes the mount will accommodate different sizes phones.

The phone is very easy to insert and remove , even while driving.
The mount is easy to position but not loose enough that it doesn't hold the position you want.

I was very impressed with the windshield mount, it is not just a typical suction cup mount. (Which always at some point fall.) It is sticky as well as suction and the the outer ring applies a slight pressure to even secure it further.

You can adjust it to just about any angle possible.

I really do not have any thing bad to say about this product at all. It's easy to use and just works like it is supposed to.

Exo Terra Repti-Glo 2.0 Compact Fluorescent Full Spectrum Terrarium Lamp, 26-Watt
Price: $10.82
13 used & new from $4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 Star BUT... Not for Product, Just Don't Buy From Amazon, November 26, 2012
I have ordered a lot of items from Amazon over the years without much issue.

The bulb arrived poorly packaged packing only on 4 sides of the small box and was shattered into thousands of pieces. I understand its glass and fragile and things break, I was disappointed but understand these things happen. So I requested a replacement within minutes after it arrived.

I received the replacement bulb, this time once again the bulb was poorly packaged, packing was only placed on 2 sides of the box. (In too small of a box in my opinion, since you couldn't put packing on the top or bottom of the bulb even if you wanted too, regardless 4 sides of the box had no cushioning material what so ever.) Now this time the bulb was not shattered into 10,000 pieces like the first bulb, however still arrived cracked and broken.

I am sure both bulbs left your warehouse in perfect condition, but due to a poor packing job by Amazon resulted in the damage to both bulbs.

I understand light bulbs are fragile and can break, but when you leave 4 sides of the packaging exposed with no cushioning you probably can expect them to break.

So, once again the product I am sure is fine. Just don't buy it from Amazon.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2014 9:35 PM PST

Apple MacBook Pro MC976LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display
Apple MacBook Pro MC976LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display
31 used & new from $1,699.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This Screen is Amazing !, July 1, 2012
Length:: 2:24 Mins

Screen/Diplay: The colors, blacks, whites, crispness of the display is simply incredible.
Here is a short video I made with my 15" MacBook Pro Retina, the video however, does not do the beauty of this screen justice.
Note: the screen is "glossy" which was a concern for me as I always went with matte screens, glossy screens in the past were almost unusable outside or in rooms with direct sunlight. Apple claims to have reduced glare with the retina screen by 70%, and I have to say first hand I believe them, which is a huge plus because the glossy screen always looked better, but if you had any bright lights or sunlight around your laptop it was nearly unreadable. So I am happy to report, the new retina screen even though "glossy" is nearly as non reflective as my previous matte screens, so much so, that I would say it is a non-issue for me. It is that good.

Battery: The battery time is excellent.
Battery times are tricky in general because it completely depends on what you are doing and screen brightness, however I have found that in general use (I.E Websurfing,Email,IM listening to music.) and with screen brightness set around 50% the battery actually last longer than the rated time of 7 hours.)

Form Factor: The MacBook Pro Retina is smaller & lighter than the standard MacBook Pro. With the Retina model weighing in just under 4.5 lbs and its under 3/4 inches thick (If you want to get technical its .71 inches thick). This laptop is a joy to carry around, it is so elegant looking and lightweight. I had a previous generation 15" MacBook Pro and honestly didn't think pre-delivery I would notice that much of a difference but I was wrong, you definitely can and the best part is the laptop doesn't feel flimsy as you might expect with it being so much lighter and thinner.

Heat: Just a short note on the heat the MacBook Pro Retina emits, granted if you are encoding video it is going to get very warm as any laptop will. But one of the most pleasant surprises for me was is how cool the laptop runs under normal usage such as web surfing, email, office apps, it runs much cooler than my previous generation 15" MacBook Pro, also the fans on this machine are dead quiet even in a quiet room. In fact I had to stick my ear up to the laptop to make sure that were even working when I first got it. Considerably less noisy than any laptop I have ever heard.

Ports: The machine has 2 Thunderbolt , 2 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI (out), SDXC (SD Card) Slot, Headphone jack.

Thunderbolt ports: I did purchase the Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet Adapter which worked great, I purchased it mainly to initially backup my SSD faster than using WiFI, not necessary I am just impatient. Plus I like having add-ons that I may never use, not sure it's a guy thing. Thunderbolt is in its infancy and truthfully there just isn't a lot of Thunderbolt devices. However, I am happy Apple was looking toward the future with this laptop and opted to put 2 ports on this machine.

USB 3.0: No problems at all with any of my standard USB devices (I.E mouse, printer, etc.) what was extremely impressive was my Lexar JumpDrive Triton 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive LJDNV32GCRBNA which was about 7X faster than on my old laptop with USB 2.0 ports. I was blown away how fast it was.

HDMI: Thank you Apple, you finally came around and added this. Plug in an HDMI cable to your HDTV and have your laptop screen on your TV as fast as you can plug the cord in.
It just works, and you are able to send 1080P right to your TV. Not a lot more than I can say other that it works, and it works easily and flawlessly.

SDXC/Headphone: Like above they just work easily and flawlessly. The SD reader was improved over the previous version as I had some troubles with SD cards reading in the past on previous models namely cards not reading the 1st time. This model has read all my cards the 1st time inserted and read every card I have put into it.

Other notes: WiFi receiver seems to be improved it reads a stronger signal than my previous generation MacBook Pro.
The dual built in microphones are a major improvement they do a superb job in reduction of background noise.

The biggest con of this laptop: You will cringe every time you have to use any other laptop again. It's like going from regular TV to HDTV, once you see it you get spoiled and everything else just looks bad.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2012 3:13 PM PST

Batman Official Logo Adult Men's Black T-shirt Tee
Batman Official Logo Adult Men's Black T-shirt Tee
Price: $7.04 - $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded Quality? This shirt is made well., July 1, 2012
I bought this shirt for my daughter a few months ago.
We tease her because she seems to wear this shirt a couple times a week, sometimes as a night shirt even.
And the shirt is holding up VERY well. After a few dozen washes it still looks great, (I'm quite surprised).

No problems with the logo, or the fabric looking faded or worn. The other reviews on this shirt seem to be older and maybe the quality then was worse.
But I've paid 2x, 3x the price for T-Shirts that haven't held up as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2012 2:31 PM PDT

Imperial Manufacturing RG0247 4-Inch by 10-Inch Floor Register, White
Imperial Manufacturing RG0247 4-Inch by 10-Inch Floor Register, White
Price: $8.68
5 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement, July 1, 2012
I bought a couple of these to replace some rusted vents around our home.
Not a lot I can say about them really, after all they are a simple vent , however I will say they are painted (coated) well and should resist rusting very well. The open and close action on them went very smoothly, not too loose or too tight. I definitely would purchase these again and would recommend them to others based on cost and value.

Plastic Dip Intl. LET14Z01 Liquid Electrical Tape Bottle
Plastic Dip Intl. LET14Z01 Liquid Electrical Tape Bottle
Offered by metrorestyling
Price: $8.95
11 used & new from $5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Much Better Than Tape, July 1, 2012
I absolutely love this stuff, it goes on easy, in tight spaces it is easier to cover bare wires than tape. It's water/weather resistant (proof?), and it won't unravel re-exposing your wires. This is one of the more minor purchases I've made on Amazon, but actually one of the best.

LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz Dual Core LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model)
Offered by Closeout Liquidators
Price: $1,499.99
3 used & new from $1,350.00

5.0 out of 5 stars " Incredible Picture, Stunning 3D ", June 15, 2012
Pros:
* Incredible Picture very near the quality of the high end Samsung's. Whites, Blacks,Colors are all exceptional.
* Stunning, Amazing 3D - I can't even put into words how good this TV is at 3D, Other than its 100x better than I could of expected. Even when the source is 2D it does a decent job, of course this completely depends on the source. Now when the source is actually 3D, BluRay's or PS3 games, it's down right mind blowing how good and cool it is.
* Beautiful Stand, if you don't hang it on the wall the stand doesn't disappoint.
* Magic Remote, 1st impression was "This is not going to cut it." Pleased to say my 1st impression was wrong. It is super easy to use and very quick at navigating.
* Built in Apps - Netfix, Hulu this is becoming typical in most tv's,dvd/blu ray players,dvr's etc. Wont go into great detail, but its nice to have it directly in the TV and it works great , no complaints.

Cons: App store - At the moment is pretty pathetic, nothing there worth downloading. Hopefully this is something that LG improves over the next few months. I must add, the extremely popular apps are already on the TV such as Netfix,Hulu,Amazon Video,Facebook,Twitter,Pandora,Youtube,MLB.TV,Vudu,MoG,Google Maps,Picasa.

Overall I am going to rate this 4* but, really I'd rate it 4.5.
Loosing .5 stars for the app store.

Picture quality would be 4.75 stars.
3D would be 5 stars. (Actually 6!)

Extremely happy with my purchase would not trade it for any other TV in it's price range.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 3:16 AM PDT

Nautica Men's N19586G Telescope Multifunction Analog Watch Box Set
Nautica Men's N19586G Telescope Multifunction Analog Watch Box Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Watch for The Price., May 31, 2012
I received this watch as a gift.
First let me say I was very disappointed there was no built in telescope! (I kid, I kid) :)

The watch looks very nice , I am not sure I will ever use the orange or silver bands, maybe I am just too old.
But i was certainly a nice bonus and I am sure some guys will truly appreciate it.

My biggest real complaint is the bezel is indeed fixed. For that I am subtracting 1 star, but aside from that I would have no problem recommending this watch to others.

Winsome Wood Round Table with Drawer and Shelf, Black
Winsome Wood Round Table with Drawer and Shelf, Black
Price: $52.50
21 used & new from $45.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking End Table,Great Price., May 31, 2012
I don't think I could of found an end table with 1/2 the quality at this price at a furniture store.

Unlike some other reviews I found the install very easy and straight forward. I bought 2 of them and had zero issues with any aspect of the assembly. Each took about 10-15 minutes to put together and that was with hand tools.

Great value for the money, and the table looks better than the picture.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a small end table at a great price.
In fact, we just may buy another ourselves.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed at Quality!, May 30, 2012
Honestly, I wasn't expecting these to be as nice as they were for the price I paid.

They are very well made, sturdy & look fantastic.
Hold a 4" candle well.

Mine did not have the tilted angle and/or off-center that one of the other reviewers mentioned.
So I do not think that is a problem with the design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3