Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for shopgirl > Reviews

Browse

shopgirl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 84

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

shopgirl RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Latch'nVent - Pet Access Control Interior Door Prop
Latch'nVent - Pet Access Control Interior Door Prop
Offered by Latch'nVent- Pet Access Control Interior Door Prop
Price: $22.49
2 used & new from $20.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 26, 2016
Exactly what we needed. I work from home and I don't want my toddler getting in my home office and messing anything up. But that room is also where my cat eats and sleeps, so he needed access. The pressure mounted baby gates are no longer a match for my daughter, and I didn't want to spend the time, money or the destruction to the door to put in a cat door.

This is absolutely perfect. My kitty is a big boy (about 16 lbs), so we use the longest extension, but honestly even the middle size would probably work, cats are good at squishing. It's something I can use to keep my kid out whether I am in the room or not and it was quick and easy to install with minimal damage (just a small screw hole on the room-side of the door frame). My only issue is, without the extension on, I cannot close the door fully, the new screws where the strike plate used to be gets in the way. However this might be ok if I tried screwing the screws in more. But even if not, it's not a big deal to me. We rarely have to lock the cat IN the room, and if we did we could either use a different room, or even use the smallest arm, I really don't think he could fit through that space.

Safety 1st Transitions Baby and Toddler Mattress, White
Safety 1st Transitions Baby and Toddler Mattress, White
Price: $74.99
13 used & new from $61.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, no complaints, June 17, 2016
Excellent mattress. My daughter has never had any complaints. The infant side is nice and firm, and the toddler side has a bit more bounce to it. My daughter could tell the difference right away when I flipped it a few months ago.

Just don't do what I did....I kept feeling both sides to try to figure out which is which. It took months before I noticed it very clearly says which side is which on the big label that goes across the one corner :)

Dream On Me Back Bay Chest Combo, Espresso
Dream On Me Back Bay Chest Combo, Espresso
Price: $299.99
2 used & new from $299.99

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, June 17, 2016
We bought this to use as a changing table/dresser combo. Pluses....I was able to put it together by myself when I was 8 months pregnant. I was impatient and didn't want to wait for my husband, but it did take a long time and it was exhausting. The top is the perfect size for a standard changing pad, plus ample room left over for a diaper caddy, wipes, lotion, etc. My daughter is two now and about 35 inches long and we still change her on it. Her legs hang off the pad, but it still does the job. When we first got it, it did look good, and the price was good. The drawers hold a lot, and the cabinet space is nice for burp cloths, blankets, etc.

The cons....you get what you pay for. The furniture scratches very easily. Our daughter is mostly potty trained now, so I was looking forward to taking the changing pad off soon and having all this new room for picture frames and her toys, but the changing pad scratched the top of the dresser all up. So either cut off the safety straps on the pad (we never used them, just don't leave the kid unattended) and/or put a soft towel or something underneath the pad so hopefully it won't scratch. All of the drawers and the cabinet door are all off kilter. No matter what I do, you can easily see by looking at it that the door is crooked and the drawers do not all close completely and are a bit crooked.

The back part of the dresser is just cheap particle board, so when the cabinet had too many blankets shoved in, it made the back bulge out and bow. Just today I put one of those sticky baby locks on it to keep my daughter out of the drawers....the second I tried to open the drawer with the lock on, it popped off and took a big section of varnish or whatever the surface is. I use those same locks on other furniture and that has not happened, even when the sticky pad occasionally pops off.

The dresser will do in a pinch, and it's tempting at first when you have so much stuff to buy for your baby and this price seems so good, but as usual, low price = low quality. So now that we're getting ready to set up her big girl room, we have to spend $500 for a new dresser, something that will last, in addition to the 2 something we spent on this and only got two years out of it. Do yourself a favor and buy something more expensive now that will last for years to come. This ain't it.

Philips  Morning Wake-Up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation and Dusk Fading Night Light, White, HF3520
Philips Morning Wake-Up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation and Dusk Fading Night Light, White, HF3520
Price: $133.99
52 used & new from $119.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool clock, works well, June 6, 2016
I like it. I am not 100% sure I trust it to wake me up if I absolutely need to get up at a certain time, so I end up setting a back up alarm too. But it definitely does wake me up (but the times I use just this, I go back to sleep because I don't HAVE to get up right then, so I am not sure how effective it is to make sure I get up). But it is nice to wake up to the light and the birds chirping, instead of waking up with my heart pounding because the alarm clock scared the hell out of me. It's also easy to set, and makes for a nice bedside light when you need it too (though it doesn't provide enough light alone for reading). I also like the easy tap for the snooze.

Mousand Pink Brush Hair Straightener 29W Digital Anti Scald Anti Static Ceramic Heating Detangling Hair Brush For Instant Magic Silky Straight Styling Massage Straightening Iron

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, June 6, 2016
Waste of money. My hair is very straight, but over the years it has gained a little wave and frizz. I hate blow drying my hair every day, and I hate how hot my hair gets and hard to handle while using a flat iron.

This does leave your hair cool enough to handle, but it doesn't straighten very well. If I let my hair air dry and then use this, it will tame my hair a bit, but it does not make it stick straight and smooth like a blow dryer or flat iron will. It also tends to pull a lot of hairs out, even if you brush out all the tangles first. The thing I hate the most though, is the temperature control is right where you thumb rests (if you're right handed) while combing through your hair, so I would constantly be turning the temp down as my thumb kept hitting the button. Very poor design.

Hamilton Beach 63326 6-Speed Stand Mixer
Hamilton Beach 63326 6-Speed Stand Mixer
Price: $80.99
28 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this mixer, June 6, 2016
I absolutely love this mixer. I had no idea they made one like this, for such a good price. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law both have Kitchenaid stand mixers, and I loved using them at christmas time. But I don't bake nearly often enough to justify the price.

I almost bought a stand mixer, that was basically a hand mixer mounted to a bowl, but then I saw this. If you bake A LOT, you may want to invest in the Kitchenaid, but for someone like me who barely bakes, this is more than great. In my opinion it works just as well (maybe is a smidge smaller, but for my use it's perfect) as the pricey Kitchenaid for a fraction of the price.

Grey Shark Bed for Small Cat Dog Cave Bed Removable Cushion,waterproof Bottom Most Lovely Pet House Gift for Pet
Offered by LINGHAO
Price: $6.99
75 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, cat loved it, June 6, 2016
I love sharks, so this is just cool to have around anyway. My one cat loved it, the other not so much. Both of my cats are on the larger side and they fit better in it without the pillow. But the pillow would probably be nice for a smaller cat or a kitten. It's also a fun conversation piece.

Mellanni Striped Bed Sheet Set - HIGHEST QUALITY Brushed Microfiber 1800 Bedding - Wrinkle, Fade, Stain Resistant - Hypoallergenic - 4 Piece (Queen, Gray / Silver)
Offered by Mellanni
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft, affordable sheets, June 6, 2016
I love these sheets. They are so soft and comfortable. We used to use jersey sheets, but once they get a little worn out they get pilly and scratchy. We've had these for a few months and so far they have held up through washes and use very well. We also have a set of solid gray, and for some reason they feel slightly softer than the striped ones, but the striped set is still very nice. But if I bought a third set, I would definitely get another set of the solid color.

Honey-Can-Do SRT-01603 Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins, White/Pastel
Honey-Can-Do SRT-01603 Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins, White/Pastel
Price: $49.97
138 used & new from $46.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, holds a lot, perfect for my little girl, June 6, 2016
This was very easy to assemble. I did it by myself in about 10 minutes. It also helps to use an electric drill, sooo much quicker than screwing in by hand.

My only complaint is the bins seem kind of static-y and really attract the dog hair, but it's probably just how the plastic is. I'll try wiping them down with dryer sheets and see if that helps. Also, my daughter seems to like playing with the bins as much as her toys, but I think once the novelty wears off, she'll stop doing that. The bins hold a lot of toys, but the piece itself doesn't take up that much room. It's also nice that she can see and find all her toys, whereas with her toy box she would have to empty it to find something that was at the bottom that she wanted.

Delta Children 4 Pocket Hanging Wall Organizer, Barely Pink
Delta Children 4 Pocket Hanging Wall Organizer, Barely Pink
Offered by Liliyablack
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 6, 2016
I LOVE this organizer. My daughter's dresser is limited on drawer space, and now that she is potty trained I had no good place to keep her underwear, but one of these pockets works great. I also use them to store her shoes, so they're no longer all over her floor. I still have one pocket open, and have yet decided what to put in it.

A lot of people complained that the hooks either broke right away, or the door wouldn't close with them on. I guess there is a big enough gap between our doors and the top because they close just fine with the hooks over the door. Her closet doors used to be bi-fold but I modified them so they open like french doors. They fit on the inside of the door perfectly and the door closes just fine with it. For such a simple product, it has added so much more storage room to her closet. So far the hooks seem pretty strong and durable, especially if you keep pretty light stuff in the organizer. I did pick up some Command hooks like other users said, but so far we haven't needed them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9