Profile for Vintagegal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vintagegal RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Enchanted Playhouse
The Enchanted Playhouse
by Mabel Betsy Hill
4 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was my mother's favorite childhood book, April 3, 2015
This was my mother's favorite childhood book. When I was three, for no reason I can recall, I took a pair of safety scissors and made it into strips of paper like I saw on the air conditioners at Sears. She wept her eyes out and that was the only time my mom spanked me. I deserved it. 40 years later after searching every single antique shop I entered, I was able to replace her book thanks to the Amazon Marketplace. She cried and cried, happy tears this time. Thanks so much!!!

1776  (Restored Director's Cut)
1776 (Restored Director's Cut)
DVD ~ William Daniels
Price: $9.96
67 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars and it has earned a permanent place on my DVR so that I canwatch it whenever I want to, April 3, 2015
Four years ago I DVRd the TCM broadcast of this film, and it has earned a permanent place on my DVR so that I can watch it whenever I want to. I was 8 years old in 1976 and still vividly remember a class field trip to see this film. I didn't appreciate it then - far too young - but as I grow older its messages and its music grow on me year by year. The social commentary is so fresh it could have been written today - especially the brilliant song the perfectly cast Willam Daniels as Adams sings at the start of the film about the utter worthlessness of Congress!!! The casting, the book, and the songs are all so perfect that 1776 has a place alongside the film adaptations of Fiddler, Sound of Music, and Music Man as one of my all time favorite stage to film adaptations.

How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
by Mark Bittman
Price: $20.30
177 used & new from $8.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only does it have great recipes, Bittman takes the time to explain things ..., April 3, 2015
As someone who was not raised to cook from scratch, this book is a godsend! Not only does it have great recipes, Bittman takes the time to explain things that other cookbooks and websites just assume everyone knows. I have learned so much from this book that I would recommend it for that alone!

Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker, Burgundy
Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker, Burgundy
Price: $96.90
28 used & new from $92.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little all around fitness tracker, April 3, 2015
I love it! Until I got this little tracker I was hauling around my Samsung S4 with the S-health ap everywhere. This tiny little device clips easily to my bra and is invisible under clothing. I have used the sleep tracking feature too and found it corresponds pretty well with my Sleep as Android ap. Because the packaging is not clear, let me make it clear: The device comes with a charging dongle, sleep wristband, and rubberized clip. At first the clip was very stiff and it was hard to get the One in and out, but it's much better now and not so loose that I worry about losing it. The tracker DOES count steps when I ride the bus to and from work, but the most it's ever counted was 100, so I just make sure to do an extra 200 above my goal (11,000/day) and that takes care of the overcount. I really like that it is small, yet it has a clear and easy to read digital display.

All Terrain TerraSport SPF30 Natural Sunscreen Lotion (3- Ounce)
All Terrain TerraSport SPF30 Natural Sunscreen Lotion (3- Ounce)
Offered by Body Sense
Price: $12.99
13 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous all around sunscreen, September 2, 2014
Loved this sunscreen. Unlike a lot of "natural" screens I've used this one was not chalky or greasy. It went on smoothly and did not feel heavy.

Hollywood: The Movie Lover's Guide: The Ultimate Insider Tour of Movie L.A.
Hollywood: The Movie Lover's Guide: The Ultimate Insider Tour of Movie L.A.
by Richard Alleman
Price: $13.43
73 used & new from $0.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - please come out with an updated edition!, June 1, 2014
I discovered this book at the library and from the moment I started reading it the other LA guidebooks started gathering dust. This is THE book to get if are a movie and TV buff and have little interest in doing the typical touristy stuff during a short vacation in the LA area. There are no restaurant or food guides here, just a bunch of fantastic self-guided tours to the sites in LA where the magic really happened. The only thing I wish is that the book would be updated again soon. One thing I plan to do in LA is attend a taping of Craig Ferguson's show which is ending this year after a nearly 10 year run....in the book, Craig's studio is mentioned as being the site of The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn(!!!) If you love the golden days of Hollywood, this book is a must read.

SENTRY Calming Collar for Cats , 3 Pack
SENTRY Calming Collar for Cats , 3 Pack
Price: $15.19
27 used & new from $15.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A godsend!, December 30, 2013
These work. That's really all I need to say. I had lost hope for my two nervous female felines - one had started eliminating outside the pan when she got nervous. The other had become convinced that even shadows were personally out to get her. These collars solved both problems and I know Bitty and Cozette are living happier lives because of it.

Sony NWZE475 16 GB Walkman MP3 Video Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing features and so easy to use, December 30, 2013
I logged on today to recommend this player to a friend and discovered it had been discontinued and replaced with a model similar to the 8gb one my mom got. What a travesty! This player is fantastic, easy to use and has so many features you can't believe it cost so little. The "upgraded" newer version changes some of the very basic functionality that make this unit so wonderful. This unit has a simple slide HOLD button on the side along with simple VOL UP/DOWN buttons. If you can find one being sold aftermarket, snap it up but do NOT get the newer version of this player. Sony needs to go back to this version ASAP.

The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body's Chemistry--and Stop Dieting Forever
by Dee McCaffrey
Price: $15.29
91 used & new from $8.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Bleieve it or not, the choice is yours, September 28, 2013
I recently got this book and read it from start to recipe section the first day. There is a lot being written on here about whether her science is good or bad or old or not. All I can say is this: since following many of her basic recommendations: removing products with white flour and MSG from my pantry(I am not gluten intolerant so whole grains stay), removing ALL soda from my diet period (diet or regular), only using Sweet Leaf brand Stevia (which contains no lab chemicals like Truvia and Purevia do)to sweeten things, and removing most products with artificial colors I have in fact dropped 6 lbs I had gained and been unable to lose no matter how much working out I did WITHOUT dieting. In fact I eat more now than I used to, but it's REAL food. Coconut oil is wonderful and can be used everywhere. Detoxifying my liver with lemon juice and watermelon DOES help (esp on the occasions when I do binge on sugary snacks). And I think that last is important. I haven't become a diet Nazi. I will eat sugar. I will eat white flour. BUT I do notice that my body feels more sluggish and bloated when I do. Decide for yourself. For me, I'm overjoyed to be fitting into my clothes again.

Star Trek The Animated Series - The Animated Adventures of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek
DVD ~ William Shatner
Price: $14.99
17 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than you might remember, June 23, 2013
The TOS animated series is a lot better than I remember it (and I hadn't seen it since the 70s). Many of the stories are better than the ones that aired during the show's third season and I've always wondered why they didn't do a new animated series with the still living original actors when the technology improved rather than "reimagining" it with new actors. If you're a fan, you'll enjoy seeing these again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3