Profile for Vintagegal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vintagegal RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
All Terrain TerraSport SPF30 Natural Sunscreen Lotion (3- Ounce)
All Terrain TerraSport SPF30 Natural Sunscreen Lotion (3- Ounce)
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: Click here to see our price
38 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous all around sunscreen, September 2, 2014
Loved this sunscreen. Unlike a lot of "natural" screens I've used this one was not chalky or greasy. It went on smoothly and did not feel heavy.

Hollywood: The Movie Lover's Guide: The Ultimate Insider Tour of Movie L.A.
Hollywood: The Movie Lover's Guide: The Ultimate Insider Tour of Movie L.A.
by Richard Alleman
Price: $13.49
55 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - please come out with an updated edition!, June 1, 2014
I discovered this book at the library and from the moment I started reading it the other LA guidebooks started gathering dust. This is THE book to get if are a movie and TV buff and have little interest in doing the typical touristy stuff during a short vacation in the LA area. There are no restaurant or food guides here, just a bunch of fantastic self-guided tours to the sites in LA where the magic really happened. The only thing I wish is that the book would be updated again soon. One thing I plan to do in LA is attend a taping of Craig Ferguson's show which is ending this year after a nearly 10 year run....in the book, Craig's studio is mentioned as being the site of The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn(!!!) If you love the golden days of Hollywood, this book is a must read.

SENTRY Calming Collar for Cats , 3 Pack
SENTRY Calming Collar for Cats , 3 Pack
Price: $18.99
21 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A godsend!, December 30, 2013
These work. That's really all I need to say. I had lost hope for my two nervous female felines - one had started eliminating outside the pan when she got nervous. The other had become convinced that even shadows were personally out to get her. These collars solved both problems and I know Bitty and Cozette are living happier lives because of it.

Sony NWZE475 16 GB Walkman MP3 Video Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing features and so easy to use, December 30, 2013
I logged on today to recommend this player to a friend and discovered it had been discontinued and replaced with a model similar to the 8gb one my mom got. What a travesty! This player is fantastic, easy to use and has so many features you can't believe it cost so little. The "upgraded" newer version changes some of the very basic functionality that make this unit so wonderful. This unit has a simple slide HOLD button on the side along with simple VOL UP/DOWN buttons. If you can find one being sold aftermarket, snap it up but do NOT get the newer version of this player. Sony needs to go back to this version ASAP.

The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body's Chemistry--and Stop Dieting Forever
by Dee McCaffrey
Price: $15.29
79 used & new from $6.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Bleieve it or not, the choice is yours, September 28, 2013
I recently got this book and read it from start to recipe section the first day. There is a lot being written on here about whether her science is good or bad or old or not. All I can say is this: since following many of her basic recommendations: removing products with white flour and MSG from my pantry(I am not gluten intolerant so whole grains stay), removing ALL soda from my diet period (diet or regular), only using Sweet Leaf brand Stevia (which contains no lab chemicals like Truvia and Purevia do)to sweeten things, and removing most products with artificial colors I have in fact dropped 6 lbs I had gained and been unable to lose no matter how much working out I did WITHOUT dieting. In fact I eat more now than I used to, but it's REAL food. Coconut oil is wonderful and can be used everywhere. Detoxifying my liver with lemon juice and watermelon DOES help (esp on the occasions when I do binge on sugary snacks). And I think that last is important. I haven't become a diet Nazi. I will eat sugar. I will eat white flour. BUT I do notice that my body feels more sluggish and bloated when I do. Decide for yourself. For me, I'm overjoyed to be fitting into my clothes again.

Star Trek The Animated Series - The Animated Adventures of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek
DVD ~ William Shatner
Price: $20.13
14 used & new from $16.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than you might remember, June 23, 2013
The TOS animated series is a lot better than I remember it (and I hadn't seen it since the 70s). Many of the stories are better than the ones that aired during the show's third season and I've always wondered why they didn't do a new animated series with the still living original actors when the technology improved rather than "reimagining" it with new actors. If you're a fan, you'll enjoy seeing these again.

NOW Foods Xyliwhite Cinnafresh Toothpaste Gel 6.4 Ounces
NOW Foods Xyliwhite Cinnafresh Toothpaste Gel 6.4 Ounces
Price: $3.99
9 used & new from $3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Would never go back to Crest, June 18, 2013
I've been using this toothpaste for almost 5 years now. If you're reading this, I assume you know about the benefits of a non-fluoride/xylitol toothpaste so I won't go into that. Other reviewers have commented on the taste. It does take some getting used to if you're breaking the Crest/Colgate habit of a lifetime, but once you do, you won't want to go back. Unlike Tom's of Maine which (to me) has a pasty and unpleasant aftertaste, Xyliwhite leaves your teeth and mouth feeling fresh and clean. One thing I've noticed is that if you have an old tube and it sits unused for a long time, the consistency and taste will change and the flavor will degrade. But in regular use, you should find it to be a great product.

Sleep Pretty In Pink Women's Sleep Mask and Travel Case
Sleep Pretty In Pink Women's Sleep Mask and Travel Case
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting a new one, May 16, 2013
I first bought one of these years ago at Walmart on a whim. They no longer carry it so I'm glad to find it here. Mine is nearly stretched out but is still the only sleep mask that has ever worked for me. My only complaint would be that even on the tightest setting the headstrap was still too large for my head which does leave a bit of gaping around the nose...perhaps I have an unusually narrow skull(?) or nose (?) but I'm hoping the new one won't be so oversized. UPDATE 7/25/13 The new mask is a dream! It fits much better than my old one did when it was new, and the light coverage is far better than my old mask too. I've upped my rating to 5*

VTech DS6521-2 dect_6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone
VTech DS6521-2 dect_6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone
Offered by Best 4 Best
Price: $59.99
54 used & new from $34.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great convenience, November 19, 2012
Had to write in when I saw so many negative reviews. I got this phone at a big box store that starts with a "C" with three lines and mostly bought it for the connect to cell capability (I also wanted a new answering machine cuz I'm old school like that) ;-) My cell phone is old (flip phone kind) but even so it recognized it and connected immediately. It also uploaded all my cell phone contacts into the directory. I do notice that the cell's battery drains more quickly when I connect using this phone, but I also tend to talk longer because the speakerphone allows me go go hands free and the reception is 10x better than my cell's speakerphone. The blue display has not caused any problems for me. In fact I've liked the phone so much that I plan to get one of these for my parents for Christmas.

Coal
Coal
Price: $10.99
43 used & new from $2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Coal (Audio CD)
I was a huge fan of Kathy Mattea's in the 90s but had lost touch with her music as the 2000s hit. Recently I just happened to see that she was playing a concert a few miles from my home and on a whim I bought a ticket. That's where I was introduced to COAL....and I had to get the CD right after that concert. Not only is Kathy's talent as good as it ever was, her voice remains one of the more gorgeous and soulful around. This album is both full of great tunes and a great way to learn about something so many of us take for granted. SO glad to have rediscovered Kathy's music!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3