Profile for Michael McKee > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 720

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael McKee "mystic cowboy" RSS Feed (Port Townsend, WA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nissan Auto Accessory Door Handle Trim Molding Scratch Cover Guards Carbon Fiber 4 Door Pack
Offered by Cupeez for Cars
Price: $29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It's easy and brilliant., October 20, 2014
What a simple and effective idea! These door handle shields are made of magnetic material that requires no adhesives to stick to the car doors. I took an extension cord out to our driveway and a hair dryer to soften the shields. It's spelled out in the instructions that came with them. Just soften the plastic so it molds to the shape of the indention behind the handle. Line it up with the door and the other handle on the same side. Then put it on and smooth out any bubbles. I bought two sets and installed them on both our cars in less than ten minutes. The hardest part was rolling up the heavy duty extension cord when I was done. The shields look good, too. They contrast nicely with our white Nissan and blend right into the paint on our dark gray Subaru.

Vega Protein & Greens, Vanilla, Tub, 26.8 oz
Vega Protein & Greens, Vanilla, Tub, 26.8 oz
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent vegan protein powder, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is sold as a drink, which isn't my first choice for consumption. It's a bit grainy and I can taste the stevia used to sweeten the product. Used in smoothies or mixed with my cereal in the morning, it's fine. The flavor is reasonably neutral and won't overpower smoothies. It has no added sugar.

I appreciate that this is vegan. I don't do well with either eggs or milk, which are the most common protein powder sources. I also appreciate that this is not soy based. I don't have a problem with soy, but try to limit my intake. It generally isn't good to eat too much of any one food. I also appreciate that there are multiple protein sources and that this has powdered greens, including kale, spinach and broccoli. I don't know if this comes anywhere near to eating the real thing, but I'm assuming that I'll get value from the Protein and Greens powder.

You can read the ingredients from other reviews or the label shots.

Dirt Devil SD30060 Jag 3 Multi Bagged Canister with Turbo Floor Tool
Dirt Devil SD30060 Jag 3 Multi Bagged Canister with Turbo Floor Tool
Price: $98.71
2 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute - light duty vacuum, October 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not the vacuum that I'd get for a carpeted house. The rotating suction head is mostly made of plastic and my experience with this kind of thing tells me that it will not stand up to heavy duty use on carpet that's very plushy. It might be fine on commercial carpet with little nap, but I wouldn't count on it not losing the rotating brush function with frequent use on home carpet.

That said, it's a nice light vacuum that should work great for my office. It has decent suction and cleans well. I like bag vacuums, though this one has small bags that will need frequent changing. That's another reason why I wouldn't use this as a main home vacuum. I also like that this doesn't look like it's been designed by the Borg. It's actually cute.

DII Kitchen Millennium Non Adhesive, Smooth Top, Cut to Fit and Washable Shelf or Refrigerator Liner Rolls-12-Inch by 10-Feet, Black, Set of 2
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to cut and clean, October 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are quite nice liners. They are washable and easy to cut to size. They work in drawers and in the fridge. I like that they are moisture proof and protect from spills and the sticky runoff that can dribble from jars. They have a nice grip without being too sticky. I also like the way they look. They have a nice black and white design that is not too garish.

Panasonic RPTCM125K Headphones (Black)
Panasonic RPTCM125K Headphones (Black)
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: $14.99
16 used & new from $10.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising good for the price, September 25, 2014
These sound surprisingly good for a sub $20 set of earphones. Like many I got these because of the Wirecutter review. They are pretty neutral with good definition at all frequencies. They do not emphasize bass the way most cheap earphones do so some may find them lacking. I prefer hearing vocals and individual instruments, so these suit me fine.

The low price shows in the finish, which is only adequate and in the thin wires that tangle easily. On the good side I don't get any microphoning from the wires. These now live permanently on my iPod Nano, which I use mostly for audio books. Voice quality is excellent and they are good enough for music. Will these compete with $100 earbuds? Actually, they are more balanced in output than most though the sound is not as warm or rich. I'd certainly recommend them to those on a budget or as a backup for travel as long as you don't want heavy bass.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Fujifilm NP-W126 and Fuji FinePix HS30EXR, HS33EXR, HS50EXR, X-A1, X-E1, X-E2, X-M1, X-Pro1, X-T1
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $26.99
5 used & new from $18.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Working fine at a good price, September 25, 2014
This is the third set of Wasabi batteries I've bought. They all work fine and I can't honestly see a difference in battery life between these and the OEM ones that cost four times as much. My older Nikon batteries seem to be going well after two years, too. I didn't do formal testing so my impressions might be off by a little, but even if these have slightly less capacity than Fuji's, they're fine for my uses. It's also nice to have a charger that I can use in the car. With the short battery life that mirrorless cameras offer extra batteries and a way to charge in the field are a necessity for a long day of shooting.

Belkin HDMI to HDMI Cable for FireTV and other HDMI-Enabled Devices (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters)
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable and it works, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, it's a cable and it works. That should be enough. I'll give a quick response to other reviewers that complain about the price of this compared to other's available on Amazon. Without cutting it apart I'll have to assume that the cable has wires of higher diameter than the super cheap no-name cables available. I've cut into a couple of different kinds of cables that I was given and found that generally name brand products use thicker wires and are more likely to use copper instead of the cheaper and more brittle aluminum.

I wonder about the caption for the product, for Fire TV... Even though I got a review sample for free I was hesitant to order without checking further as I don't have a Fire TV. No worries. This is a normal HDMI cable and works with my laptop and projector. The other quibble is the lack of reinforcing where the cable meets the plug. That's where most of my cables eventually break down. As this cable would mostly be used in a permanent installation that shouldn't be a problem for most people. However, I use mine for presentations and plug and unplug the cable a couple of times a week. I'll just have to be careful to not bend the thing at a sharp angle.

Zenport K245 ZenBori Soil Knife with 6-Inch Stainless Steel Serrated Blade
Zenport K245 ZenBori Soil Knife with 6-Inch Stainless Steel Serrated Blade
Price: $14.39
5 used & new from $14.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent tool - good price, September 21, 2014
This looks like the A.M. Leonard knife, with the orange handle and serrated blade. It's not. The Zenport knife is a decent tool that digs as well as most hori knives. It's just not a cheap substitute for the Leonard knife, which is sharper, lighter, better balanced and a lot more expensive. I guess you gets what you pays for. If you want an inexpensive tool that does a decent job, this is fine. I'll order the Leonard knife because I find it more enjoyable to dig with.

OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Utility Knife
OXO Good Grips Professional 6-Inch Utility Knife
Price: $16.99
6 used & new from $9.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made if a bit light, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the OXO Professional knives. This is the fourth in the series I've gotten. They are decent knives and provide provide good value for the cost. The handle on the 6 inch utility knife features OXO's trademark grippy material. It's nicely shaped to the hand and is easy to hold. The blade came sharp and I expect it to hold a decent edge as the other knives in the series do. It has a full tang, which should keep it from coming apart and is a good all round shape for many jobs. I find the blade just a bit light for my taste. As long as a knife is not too heavy a heavier blade helps cut. This will cut but requires a bit more muscle behind it than I normally prefer. My favorite utility knife is the 6 1/2 inch Santoku, though many might find this more european style blade preferable.

Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Hi Fiber, 3 Pound Bag
Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Hi Fiber, 3 Pound Bag
Price: $25.59
23 used & new from $19.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fiber, usable protein, a bit grainy., September 16, 2014
This works for me. I love the combination of protein and fiber. I add it to my morning cereal along with some ground flax and cinnamon. I like the nuttiness that this and the flax add to the cereal. It does leave the sides of my bowl green.

When I use this for smoothies I find it a bit grainy. I don't think the protein powder dissolves. Rather it goes into suspension. It all works in the body. If you're looking for a smooth smoothie you might prefer something that dissolves better. If you like the benefits of fiber and protein mixed in one product, I don't know of any protein powder that offers as much fiber. That's an important consideration as we age. I can attest to that. As with any food, your taste and preferences may be different. As I don't like the aftertaste of whey and egg based protein powders, I prefer to use a plant based product.

When I want something that mixes well with fruit and dissolves completely, I go with PlantFusion protein powder. That is a more traditional type of powder that does dissolve. It also works well with dark berries as an after workout drink that banishes muscle soreness.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20