Profile for videotechie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

videotechie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Combo: 5pcs of Tenergy 3.7V 380mAh LiPO Battery for Hubsan X4 (H107C, H107D, H107L) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC QuadCopter
Offered by Battery Superstore
Price: $33.99
2 used & new from $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand name batteries - fit Husban X4 perfectly!, January 22, 2015
These fit my Husban X4 (a little snug at first but after a few uses they fit much better) perfectly and power it up for a few extra minutes. I've used Tenergy batteries in several RC "toys" with good success so these were a no-brainer purchase. You can find cheaper batteries but these are decent quality and all five will work!
As with all LiPO batteries - use caution while charging them. Never leave them unattended when on charge. They'll last a long time if you treat them with care.

ThinkMax® 4 In 1 X4 Battery Charger for Hubsan
ThinkMax® 4 In 1 X4 Battery Charger for Hubsan
Offered by dealink
Price: $2.89
21 used & new from $2.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK - but don't expect miracles for such a low price..., January 22, 2015
Very finicky to get working. Does not seem to be able to charge four batteries at once...I'm an electronic Engineer and can say I've tried nearly every trick in the book short of rebuilding it (which I plan to do). As other reviewers have stated - be sure to really push the battery plugs in all the way. Try different USB power sources. The USB port on my PC would not power this beyond one battery. A cheap USB wall charger will got three of the four going. For the price it works OK...I've seen it cheaper elsewhere but read the fine print - these usually ship from China so you have no recourse if it arrives broken. At least through Amazon your protected.

Nature Walk Toilet Tissue Holder
Nature Walk Toilet Tissue Holder
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $25.75
4 used & new from $19.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Really unusual decorator piece - looks great but might break easily if force applied to roll holder arm., December 16, 2014
We bought this because it fit the decor we were going for in our powder room. Quality is good, but the toilet roll arm will break easily if too much pressure is applied to it. Maybe not the best choice if you have young kids. We have a disabled neighbor who often uses the roll holder as a secondary grab bar and we've warned her this may not be a good plan in the powder room!! That said, we love this item and would buy more products from this company.

Get Happy
Get Happy
Price: $10.00
48 used & new from $4.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Pink Martini, December 16, 2014
This review is from: Get Happy (Audio CD)
Discovered Pink Martini about a year ago and love the music. This album, one of the newer ones, is not my favorite. Mostly foreign language songs...which I enjoy allot...but some of these are a bit dark. I'd still recommend it...there are some awesome tracks...I particularly like track 7 Zundoko-bushi. Just be prepared for a more moody experience than usual.

Mudder 6pcs E27 3w 210lm 100-240v Energy Saving LED Warm White Light Mini Globe Ball Bulbs
Offered by MudderOnline
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $19.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price - and the energy savings is tremendous!!, December 16, 2014
Smallish bulbs, but very bright. A bluish-white light, not the warm glow we're used to from old style bulbs and as the product title says. These are not a harsh light, just not the orange warm glow. I would say color temp around 4500-5000K, not 2500-3000 typical of incandescent. More in the daylight spectrum.
I used these in a bathroom vanity light. They work great in that application, not generating any heat (an issue with old bulbs - they would heat up the room after being on 15-20 minutes - really!). All six of these bulbs use less energy than one of the old type! Impressive. Compared to the big box stores these are a great deal.

One went "intermittent" after a few weeks, but the problem was dealt with promptly and without issue.

I tried one of these in a fixture with a colored glass shade - it made the shade look a funny color. They were supposed to be amber, but the bluish light from these made them look more green. I have not tried dimming them.

Flat Coaxial Coax Cable RG6 RG-6 Door Window RV - 2 Pack
Flat Coaxial Coax Cable RG6 RG-6 Door Window RV - 2 Pack
Offered by Phat Satellite
Price: $2.50
24 used & new from $0.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A great example of a product thats been around for years..., July 31, 2014
I've used various iterations of this type of product for years...this variant is as good as any other I've had.
The outer white jacket is quite thick but it easily conformed around the closed window and even the screen.
The units I received had this outer white jacket encroach on the connectors ...which turned out to be a good
thing since it provided some weatherproofing. In any case could be easily trimmed if needed.
My application was to get the lead-in for a FM antenna through the window of the rental house I'm in.
This did the trick and at under $4 for a pair from Amazon you can't beat it. Arguably not the most demanding application
but the windows are only a few years old and close very tightly so the fact this worked as well as it did is a testament
to its quality design.

Another reviewer mentioned using these to get the signal from a satellite dish into the house. I would use caution
with this application...most satellite systems also send a DC voltage down the cable to power the electronics out at the dish.
Not knowing how these are insulated inside the white sleeve it is possible to have a short circuit which could damage the receiver.

KabelDirekt (3 feet) F-Pin to F-Pin Coaxial Digital Audio Video Cable - PRO Series
Offered by KabelDirekt Products
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price...am going to buy these again..., July 31, 2014
I bought this entirely based on price...and have not been disappointed. They seem well made with a thick but flexible outer jacket on the coax and a decent connector. My only gripe would be the connector threaded ring is larger than normal...great for getting your fingers around but the weather boots I had for the antenna end would not go over. In my application this didn't matter much.

KabelDirekt (25 feet) F-Pin to F-Pin Coaxial Digital Audio Video Cable - PRO Series
Offered by KabelDirekt Products
Price: $10.99

Winegard HD-6010 HD FM Radio Antenna
Winegard HD-6010 HD FM Radio Antenna
41 used & new from $19.61

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic design that works better than the indoor style and will last for years..., July 31, 2014
I had one of these for years at my old house and had to leave it behind when I moved. It worked so well I just bought another one for the new place.
This is an omni-directional design...meaning it picks up signals from all directions equally. If you have a multi-path problem this may not be the antenna for you. Also, it does not provide any significant "gain". This aside...I live about 75 miles from Sacramento, CA in the Sierra foothills and this antenna lets me receive about a dozen HD radio signals easily...something the dipole style antenna supplied with the tuner could not do. For under $20 it works great. I have this affixed to a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground...going to put it up on the roof but only to get it out the way.

I've had these antennas at various times for the last 30 years and they perform well and just seem to last and last. The previous one was mounted about 35 feet up on a tower and survived over 10 years of hot CA summer weather, wind, rain, ice and snow.
Seriously...if you have the room to mount this antenna just buy it...you will be happy with its performance...it will last for years...you'll give it to your kids...

Shoreline Marine Bilge Pump 600 GPH
Shoreline Marine Bilge Pump 600 GPH
Price: $14.36
11 used & new from $14.36

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price., July 24, 2014
The pump works OK but the supplied float switch was not so good.

Page: 1 | 2