Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Tami ~ thismomsdelight > Reviews

Browse

Tami ~ thismomsd...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 194

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tami ~ thismomsdelight "mymadakaja" RSS Feed (Oklahoma)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
If My Husband Would Change, I'd Be Happy: And Other Myths Wives Believe
If My Husband Would Change, I'd Be Happy: And Other Myths Wives Believe
by Rhonda Stoppe
Price: $11.70
47 used & new from $4.47

4.0 out of 5 stars ... married the wrong person or have fallen out of love with your spouse, July 21, 2016
Do you ever wonder if you married the wrong person or have fallen out of love with your spouse? Do you wonder if your marriage would be better if only he would change? While I wholeheartedly believe marriage is for life, I do have these thoughts from time to time. I recently If My Husband Would Change, I’d Be Happy (& Other Myths Wives Believe) just to see if the book could offer me anything I didn’t already know after being married 21 years…

Disclosure: I received this book from Litfuse Group in exchange for my honest review. Affiliate links included at no additional cost to you.

The book includes Ten Keys to a Fulfilling Marriage. I could stand to improve on most of them. However, there are two that really stand out. The first is the area of happiness. The second is the area of arguments.

Happiness

One hang up I have in marriage is thinking my hubby is responsible for making me happy. That is not the case. Our joy comes from the Lord and I know that, yet I still have this “unfair expectation” as Rhonda puts it. She has reminded me that I should be delighting in the Lord, not focusing on another human providing my happiness.

Arguments

Neither hubby nor I are peacemakers. We tend to take turns starting arguments with one another. Then, expecting the other one to be the one to forgive. Ultimately, we forgive each other and go on, because we love each other. But this pattern is unhealthy. Rhonda has really encouraged me, while reading this book, to become a peacemaker and forgive my husband repeatedly. The things we do to start fights are petty and sometimes silly. Sometimes they do seem like a big deal at the time, but from an eternal perspective, we are just wasting time we could be investing in our relationship. Yet, from everything this book, this is the piece that I will be working on diligently on a daily basis to bring peace about in our marriage.

This book serves as a wonderful tool for any married woman, whether she’s just now saying her vows, or celebrating a 10 year anniversary. It would even be wise to read it, along with Scripture, before she accepts a marriage proposal.

Secret Outlast Women's Invisible Solid Antiperspirant and Deodorant, Completely Clean, 2.6 Ounce
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $7.04
19 used & new from $4.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Outlasting a busy toddler, July 11, 2016
Secret has always provided quality products. Secret Outlast for women is no different. It didn't irritate my skin. I stayed dry and it kept the body odor way while I was outside chasing my kiddo. The only complaint is that the deodorant fell out of the container when I opened it. However, that may have been just because it was a sample size. I tested Secret for free, but all opinions are my own.

Better Together: Because You're Not Meant to Mom Alone
Better Together: Because You're Not Meant to Mom Alone
by Jill Savage
Price: $11.09
60 used & new from $4.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Friends… What good are they, April 28, 2016
Friends… What good are they? I like to have friends but often they’ve only led to disappointment. Then, I look in the friendship mirror and see how I’ve let so many of my friends down. Then, God reminds me that I do have friends who have forgiven me for my less-than-perfect ways. I am blessed to have a small group of friends that don’t turn their back on me regardless of my bad days. I came across the Better Together: Because You’re Not Meant to Mom Alone and thought “I need to learn how to be a better friend!”

I also have a hard time accepting help from others, so the book helped me see the importance of being on the receiving side of giving. “If you struggle receiving help from friends, you likely struggle receiving help from God.” Jill Savage

The book had in it more than I expected! My favorite part is the section Mothering Personality Inventory, which helps you determine if you are an introvert or extrovert and how to use that knowledge in your parenting, as well as understand how other moms work depending on their personality. I love it! By the way, I’m not weird. I’m just an introvert all the way!

Also included in the book is some perspective on friendship in the midst of parenting. I’ve learned how I can be a better friend through learning, caring, sharing, praying, forgiving and encouraging together with fellow moms who are in my friend circle. (I can even make a few new friends with the conversation starters in the book.)

The Peaceful Wife: Living in Submission to Christ as Lord
The Peaceful Wife: Living in Submission to Christ as Lord
by April Cassidy
Price: $11.96
57 used & new from $7.02

4.0 out of 5 stars I realized that this book {and some good ol’ scripture} is just what I needed to get ..., February 12, 2016
Disclosure: The following book was given to me in exchange for my honest review. Keep reading and you’ll have my honest opinion of the book!

I have been marriage 20+ years. In the beginning {of our marriage} or about 3 years into it, I was a total nightmare. I didn’t see it that way, but I was. However, after a very short separation from my husband {because I couldn’t stand him anymore}, I realized I was just at fault. I realized how much I needed to change myself, allowing God to work on my husband. I had been in the way for way too long.

Our marriage improved.

I picked up a book a few months ago called The Peaceful Wife. I knew I wasn’t one, so I was intrigued to read it. The first few chapters hinted to me that I knew more about marriage than this gal. I have more years under my belt was one of my reasonings. As I continued to read, I realized that this book {and some good ol’ scripture} is just what I needed to get back on track and to becoming the peaceful wife that is talked about all through this book.

Reading the testimonies of other women in this book, I felt like one was a picture of my family. I could relate and realized I could quit playing war with my husband.

I encourage all wives, new and experienced alike, to read the book. It’ll show you the peaceful, yet worthwhile, way to a great marriage.

I love how the author puts submission and right on the cover “Living in Submission to Christ as Lord”. Being married involves submission, but not the way the world has interpreted it. It is all about our relationship with Christ first and foremost.

There are even a few pages on husband’s view of respect. It was good to hear that, because it reminded me of a few things my husband has tried to tell me but I just wasn’t listening at the time. Okay, okay, God {and hubby} I am listening and ready to become that peaceful fun-loving wife!

99 Prayers for Children (99 Stories from the Bible)
99 Prayers for Children (99 Stories from the Bible)
by Juliet David
Price: $9.99
48 used & new from $3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars As I read through this with my toddler, I was reminded of God's greatness, and how simple, yet powerful prayer can be., November 9, 2015
My little guy loves to read. I will tell him to go get a book. He says "No, weeeed." I love it that he is enjoying books so much. He is almost three and I hope to keep this passion for books alive amongst all the electronic gadgets within his view.

I opened up "99 Prayers for Children" hoping to introduce a few more prayers to my son. He is very good at bowing his head during meal time prayers and even calls out the ones not bowing their heads. I love it!

So, he sits with me while we look through this book. At his age, he doesn't have the patience to sit through all the reading, so we improvise some. In this book, there are some short prayers, so we do get through a few. These will be the few that we use to increase his exposure to prayer in our home.

To tell you a little bit about the book:

My son loves the vivid colors and illustrations. He loves talking to me about the bird sitting on the porchrail as I attempt to read him the prayer asking the Lord to bless and be gracious to us. I like that some of the prayers have Scripture references pointing you to the Bible to see how this prayer is, in fact, a prompt from God's word.

My son loves that there is a section of bedtime prayers. He loves to cuddle and be rocked. I like that I have some ideas of prayers I can say to him as I am cuddling with or rocking him. He can go to bed hearing words spoken to the God we love and hope he will love on his own one day.

There is even a prayer for Christmas, the New Year, and birthdays. As I read through this with my toddler, I was reminded of God's greatness, and how simple, yet powerful prayer can be.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Kregel Publications in exchange for my honest review.

God Made All of Me: A Book to Help Children Protect Their Bodies
God Made All of Me: A Book to Help Children Protect Their Bodies
by Lindsey A. Holcomb
Price: $14.27
28 used & new from $9.18

5.0 out of 5 stars God Made All of Me is a wonderful book for telling your kids it’s ok to say no and to tell on someone who makes them feel uncomf, September 27, 2015
It breaks my heart that so many children are abused by. They are so trusting and innocent. They need to be prepared so that they can hopefully spot and report a perpetrator before anything happens.

While it’s hard to talk to your children about this, it is doable. Maybe you have talked to your children already. Yet, there are things that you probably didn’t cover and didn’t even think of because you are not a perpetrator yourself. You as the parent, through the reading of this book, will be able to teach your children to protect their bodies.

God Made All of Me is a wonderful book for telling your kids it’s ok to say no and to tell on someone who makes them feel uncomfortable. It is written in a kid-friendly story format of parents and two children talking about the subject of touch.

In the beginning of the book is a letter to you, the parents regarding sexual abuse. Then the rest of the book is for you to read with your child.

What the Book Teaches the Child:

-The difference between shareable parts and private parts of the body, but that it’s okay to say no touching to any part of the body.

-That someone may not hear you the first time you tell and that it’s okay to keep telling over and over until someone listens.

-That there are people you can go to if and when you need help. It also includes a section to write your list of people to go to.

-The difference between surprises and secrets.

What the Book Teaches You, the Parent:

The book closes with nine ways to protect your children from sexual abuse. Some of these are part of what was taught to the children via this book. It goes into it deeper with you, the parent.

Parent, I strongly suggest you purchase this book and read it with your child. It is never the child’s fault when something like this happens. Yet, we can prepare them to response defensively so that they might be able to prevent them from being a victim. The pain and trauma lasts long past the day it happens. Do everything in your power to protect your precious children.

Disclaimer I received this book from Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest review. You can read more reviews via the book blog tour.

The Finishing School: How one book nerd began living what she learned
The Finishing School: How one book nerd began living what she learned
by Valerie Woerner
3 used & new from $300.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I love to read, September 9, 2015
I wrote this book … or could’ve any way. Okay, maybe I could’ve just written the book summary. You see, I’m a book nerd. I love to read. I love to learn. Yet, I rarely do much with what I’ve learned. I’m a knowledge junkie. I’m a lot like this girl. Yet, I sit here idle and unchanged. God’s been convicting me about this, by the way. Then comes along this book. Now, He’s hitting me with it.

The book covered so many areas that I need to work on. I like that the author suggests that you take plenty of time to work through it, so that you can put it into action. I had to do a quick read for the purpose of writing a timely review. I definitely learned a lot while reading it and am already working my way back through it s-l-o-w-l-y to put it into action and listen a little more closely to what God is telling me through Scripture and this book.

As I read through it the first time, I found myself and areas I’m lacking in all through the book. Over twenty areas are covered including:

prayer and Bible study | goals | distractions | self-control | habits | boundaries | balance | minimalism | friendship | hospitality | waiting | joy | contentment | influence | forgiveness | awareness | peace | comparison | health | rest

What really called out to me and I even wrote it down was her comment on distractions:

“Our distractions don’t just keep us form a productive day. They can also hinder us from something the Lord is calling us to do… How many of us are “too busy”? … If we cut out a few of our silly distractions, we’d no doubt have the time.” – page 41

Do I even need to confess the word Facebook?

Again, I was nudged when I read about boundaries and how I need to stop “being a victim” and “falsely blaming people and circumstances” because I myself am lacking boundaries.

Homework in the form of printable worksheets is provided for each chapter (or area). This book nerd loves homework, so I can’t wait to work through each one. Then she wraps it up with the importance of margin to have the time and room for growth and change. Finally, she closes with the importance of graduating this “finishing school” so that God can have the glory.

The book is full of ways to move forward in these areas. It’s not just a finger pointed at you or me. It’s Valerie’s own story and how she’s now living what she’s learned. We should do the same.

Disclosure: I received this book in exchange for my honest review. There you have it! Enjoy!

Never Say No: Raising Big-Picture Kids
Never Say No: Raising Big-Picture Kids
by Mark Foreman
Price: $11.93
45 used & new from $5.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't say no when your kiddos want to play with or talk to you. Be there!, May 25, 2015
I love these parents' approach. I remember days when I would tell the kiddos no when they wanted me to get in the floor or go outside to play with them. I was too busy or mostly too tired. Just the other day my daughter made a comment about "that look" when I don't really want to listen to what she has to say. She says dad has a look, too. That hit me hard. I want to be an involved parent. I know I have other things on my mind but when I'm conveying to my child(ren) that they aren't important enough to be listened to, I am doing something wrong.

While this book covers more than my need to listen enthusiastically to my children, that is what has spoken to me the loudest while reading this book. The book is an imperfect couple's parenting journey and covers topics including:

The Goal of Parenting - This made me realize that I never had goals, other than their salvation. Their spiritual growth was important to me, but I didn't make it a priority.
The Power of Our Words - I've said a few things that just can't be taken back.
Discipline - I'll be reading this section again. I'm not sure I agree (or disagree) with this part of the book. I didn't master the art of discipline with my older two. They are great kids, but it's been a rocky road because we failed to teach them a few things due to a lack of consistent discipline. I want to take a different approach with my youngest, but I'm not sure what just yet. (I better decide fast though, as he is two and showing it!)
Preparing Them for the Adult Life - This is the stage I'm at now. I'm getting a late start, but the book has redirected my intentions (or lack of).
Family Values & Relationships - more on this later
I recommend this book to parents. I have gained a lot out of it as a mother of a toddler {fairly new kiddo to work with} and two teenagers {harder to remold, but I would like to change how they see me as a mother}. You more than likely will be hearing more from me on the application of this book.

Disclosure: I received a copy via Litfuse Publicity in exchange for my honest review at thismomsdelight.com

Purposeful Design: Understanding the Creation
Purposeful Design: Understanding the Creation
by Jay Schabacker
9 used & new from $12.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Creation is an amazing thing. "How did we get here, April 8, 2015
Creation is an amazing thing. "How did we get here?" "Why are things the way they are?"

I received the book Purposeful Design: Understanding the Creation {affiliate links included} from BookCrash in exchange for my honest review. Let me say, it was full of interesting facts. It not only covered the creation of the earth over 7 chapters it also covered the details of science that deal with each of God’s creations.

Some of my favorite topics in the book include the rain cycle, mother’s milk (breast milk) and the human cell (is not slime). Each of these are described, including their purpose and God’s hand in it. I also enjoyed reading about the turtle and how it uses the ocean tides to its advantage.

The pictures are vibrant and eye catching. My toddler enjoyed “reading” the book with me. While my toddler won't necessarily sit through the entire reading of this book, he did enjoy looking at the pictures while I told him what each scene consisted of. This would make a great addition to the homeschool science room, or even for a student who is in public school to tie together his public education with God’s involvement in all of things being created and designed for our use.

When you know that the author is not trying to eliminate God from the equation, it’s more interesting to learn about all of the details in God’s dynamic creations.

Reese's Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate, 13 Ounce
Reese's Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate, 13 Ounce
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $9.39
14 used & new from $4.29

4.0 out of 5 stars What’s Better Than Peanut Butter & Chocolate? #ReesesSpreads, January 26, 2015
There’s not a better flavor combination than peanut butter and chocolate, if you ask me! I recently received a REESE’S Spreads VoxBox complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes … and I am in love! It’s almost too sweet, so I wanted to pair it up with something salty. I don’t like pretzels. Wanting something salty, I gave tortilla chips a try thinking the relationship might not work out either. It’s the best sweet and salty combination I’ve tasted yet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20