Profile for J. Harston > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Harston RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dilbert 2015 Day-to-Day Calendar
Dilbert 2015 Day-to-Day Calendar
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars GIVE US BACK OUR SUNDAYS!, December 11, 2014
I used to get this calendar every year (yes, I work in a cubicle in corporate America) but they NO LONGER get better each year. Instead I just got the Dilbert App on my phone for free and now I don't miss any Sunday comics.

For 2013, 2014, 2015: My strike against purchasing this calendar begins. GIVE US BACK OUR SUNDAYS! GIVE US BACK OUR SUNDAYS! GIVE US BACK OUR SUNDAYS!

For 2012: BOO-O-O SCOTT ADAMS! Now I am getting pissed. Again, the Sunday strips are missing. This will be my last edition unless Sundays come back. It used to be that I kinda looked forward to stumbling into my cubicle each Monday because I knew--first thing--there would be a couple of days worth of Dilbert to greet me. But that all changed on December 26, 2010 (the last day they printed a Sunday comic in the "Day-to-day" calendar).

For 2011: Wired: full color, cool Dilbert cartoon content. Tired: they combined Saturday and Sunday into one page (only printing the Saturday panel, which in my opinion is the suckiest of all days to read comics; Sunday's the best day) Where are the big beautiful Sunday versions of Dilbert?!@! I hope this decision saved a lot of money, because it really, really blows!

Curse of the Blue Tattoo: Being an Account of the Misadventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman and Fine Lady (Bloody Jack Adventures Book 2)
Price: $7.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, she's still a virgin!, December 11, 2014
Jacky the plucky wonder girl in historic settings (Yep, she's still a virgin! … sooo many close calls, though.)

Tribulation Force: The Continuing Drama of Those Left Behind: 2
Tribulation Force: The Continuing Drama of Those Left Behind: 2
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars world's slowest moving courtships, December 11, 2014
More end times goodness, and the world's slowest moving courtships.

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Tattoos are really cool, December 11, 2014
A half-Clone of Hunger games novels. And hey kids, Tattoos are really cool … let's get one!!!

Miracles and Massacres: True and Untold Stories of the Making of America
Miracles and Massacres: True and Untold Stories of the Making of America
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $9.61

4.0 out of 5 stars little-known back stories, November 17, 2014
Some little-known, but interesting historical back stories. Like the title suggests, some are inspiring and others embarrassing.

Gear Shifter Suzuki GSXR600 1992-2005, GSXR750 1996-2003, GSXR1000 2001-2004, GSXR1100 1989-1992, RF600R 94-96, SV650 & SV650S 1999-2003, RF900R 1994-1998, TL1000S 1997-2003, TL1000R 1998-2003, Bandit 1200 1997-2005
Offered by Boss Powersports Outlet
Price: $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, October 17, 2014
Looks great, works perfectly. Spring collapsible in case you lay your bike down. Completely compatible with my Bandit 1200. Highly recommended!

Catch And Release
Catch And Release
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Who couldn’t make Jennifer Garner likable?, October 17, 2014
Sigh, this picture had so much potential. In the opening scene of this romantic comedy, Jennifer Garner silently sobs at the funeral of her fiancé on the eve of their wedding. We are heartbroken as the wedding flower deliveryman is turned away. This is the first of some nice imagery throughout the film. Which is one of the few good things I can say about it, the camera work was nice.

We never get to meet the deceased fiancé, but we are assured frequently he was a huge influence in the lives of the other characters. But I didn’t buy it. Don’t tell me, show me. The characters are shallow, unconvincing and unlikable. The romantic chemistry between the actors was flat / forced. Who couldn’t make Jennifer Garner likable? Writer & director Susannah Grant can. Timothy Olyphant was way more likable as the incredible douche bad guy in that Die Hard movie. I was also looking forward to seeing Kevin Smith serve up some laughs. I was disappointed. Aside from a couple of tired fat jokes, he’s just not funny here. Juliet Lewis plays the self-admitted “bad mother” to a thoroughly unlikeable little monster (and I like kids).

I’m sure this movie probably works well for high school aged narcissists who aspire one day to become post-college narcissists who still live with their college drinking buddies.

NEW HTC Vivid 4G Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Repair Replacement part OEM
NEW HTC Vivid 4G Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Repair Replacement part OEM
Offered by topscreen2012
Price: $8.47
13 used & new from $8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me about $150, May 27, 2014
My son dropped the phone on tile within 30 minutes of owning it. This screen was something I wanted to buy to fix the working but shattered screen. We looked on YouTube for a walk-through of how to swap it and it frankly scared the crap out of me. But seriously, if you go step-by-step you will be fine. It was almost like following instructions for one of those advanced Lego sets--daunting, but do-able. Be careful and don't force things.

The screen came with some tools that I either missed on the description or they were just a bonus. Phone and screen works great, like new! Fit perfectly on the HTC Vivid.

Your options are: 1) buy this and fix it yourself for less than $20 + some time (60-90mins) or 2) pay someone a minimum of $150 to fix your phone.

I'm glad I went this way and I learned a few things too! It is profoundly good for the soul to repair something yourself.

The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science
The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science
by Natalie Angier
Price: $11.97
240 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars If you belive in God you are probably stupid … otherwise cool science stuff, January 9, 2014
I wanted to like this book and almost gave it a 4 star rating, but found some of the author's attitudes and wordplay tiresome. I can probably sum the book up thusly: if you believe in God you are probably stupid … otherwise there's some cool science stuff in here.

A River Runs Through It
A River Runs Through It
by Norman MacLean
Price: $21.34
103 used & new from $1.13

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest American short story? My Professor thought so., January 7, 2014
I was first exposed to "A River Runs Through It" in the early 90's. My University of Texas professor (sorry, I can't recall his name) who had studied under Norman Maclean said A River Runs Through It "is the greatest American novella." I was impressed and wrote a note to myself and on the next break read it to see if I agreed. I do. With an elegant economy of words that is stunning and enviable Maclean lays out a wonderful life parable anchored around fly fishing. This should be and probably will be required reading for any English Literature class interested in excellence and greatness--of course, only after covering all the required transgender Latina literature which is also quite good.

Five out of five stars.