Profile for Linh Nguyen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 93

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Linh Nguyen RSS Feed (New York City)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Angel Soft Double Rolls Bath Tissue, 18 Count
Angel Soft Double Rolls Bath Tissue, 18 Count
Price: $8.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not bad., April 24, 2015
I usually stock up on Costco's Kirkland TP, cause they're the most cost/quality efficient. But Costco requires a trip... out the door, so I usually just order these in between.

They're very soft, but still pretty strong. I've never had the finger-in-the-butt problem with these. Though the squares are a bit narrower than I'm used to.

Scott Paper Towels, Choose-A-Sheet, Mega Roll, 8 Count
Scott Paper Towels, Choose-A-Sheet, Mega Roll, 8 Count
Price: $7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars For when you don't need a Bounty., April 24, 2015
Scott Paper Towels do the trick just fine. We use them to wipe our hands, dishes and counter. Never reuse so no need for the fancier ones. But these are pretty damn strong. Not as absorbent as better brands, but doesn't break apart like the cheaper ones either. Price is decent, so plenty to go around.

Kettle Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips, 13 Ounce
Kettle Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips, 13 Ounce
Price: $3.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum., April 24, 2015
Healthy? Not really. (Healthier though).
Delicious? Absolutely!

I only eat plain potato chips, or salt&vinegar. These kettle chips are fantastic. Crisp, yummy and doesn't get my hands too greasy. Om nom nom.

KELUX Thumb Grips 10 Pack for PS4 Controllers (PlayStation 4)
KELUX Thumb Grips 10 Pack for PS4 Controllers (PlayStation 4)
Offered by ButterFox
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic to replace or complement existing covers!, April 1, 2015
Mine tore off after a few months of FIFA. I made the dumb mistake of taking off and throwing away the old cover. Later found out that the GripIt was supposed to go on top of that to provide a better fit. No wonder it kept slipping and sliding till it, too, broke off.

Anyhow, these are great! They're thicker and harder. The rubber seems like it'll last longer too. A bunch of options to choose from. And best of all, they can go directly on the bare stick and will still feel great. No slipping here! I was thinking of replacing the stick themselves, but these helped me change my mind.

Hario 02 100 Count Coffee Paper Filter, White
Hario 02 100 Count Coffee Paper Filter, White
Price: $6.01
58 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The obvious choice for V60 brews., February 13, 2015
For V60 size 2. That is all.

Hario V60 Range Coffee Server, 800ml
Hario V60 Range Coffee Server, 800ml
Offered by UJC Mart Japan
Price: $12.55
48 used & new from $8.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my V60 brews., February 13, 2015
Great price for a nice looking glass decanter. Nothing negative to say here. My V60 sits comfortably on the server with no leakage.

Baratza Encore - Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (with Bin)
Baratza Encore - Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (with Bin)
Offered by Gemstone Commerce
Price: $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect grinder for a new coffee enthusiast., February 13, 2015
A good grinder is crucial to making delicious coffee. Like cooking, you want all the pieces to be the same size to cook evenly. And the Baratza Encore does a great job at that. (If you want a more technical analysis of this great budget electronic burr grinder, look it up on Google.)

Here are just a few thoughts I have after using the Encore for a week.
+ Good price for value. You can get the Encore refurb from Baratza for $100 shipped. They have good resell value as well.
+ Very small. I'm a barista. Commercial grinders are huge. Even the small ones are pretty damn heavy. This is tiny and light in comparison. Easy to move and easy to clean (burrs also removable, I clean mine after every use).
+ Very little ground coffee residue. I measure my input and output. Great!
+ Pretty fast. Takes seconds to grind enough coffee for a cup or two.
- No timer. Only on and off dial.
- There's an ugly red OPEN sign on the ground coffee bin. Ugly.

Again, I strongly recommend investing in a good grinder even if you're just starting to make coffee at home. Sure, you can get a good burr hand-grinder for about $30 (Hario Mini Mill is what I was using, still have it for travel), but this is better and will save you tons of time. Unless you like building arm muscles every morning. This cheap grinder will also grind fine enough for espresso so you won't have to upgrade in the future, unless you want to get an even better one.

GE 23 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 100 Watt Replacement (pack of 6)
GE 23 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 100 Watt Replacement (pack of 6)
Offered by XionZilla
Price: $19.29
16 used & new from $19.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright., February 13, 2015
Well, can't say how long they'll last, but they're super bright. Does take a bit (not too long) to reach full brightness after turning on though. I went on a spree and replaced all the bulbs in my kitchen, and now it is LIT!

Cheap price. Get them.

Tovolo King Cube Ice Tray - Pink
Tovolo King Cube Ice Tray - Pink
Price: $8.20
18 used & new from $5.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and useful., January 15, 2015
Starting a mini home bar and bought these for cocktails. I got the pink version which was the cheapest ($7.17). Just an ice tray right? Lol.

So it makes big ice cubes that don't melt quickly. 👌 it's not a perfect square though with a smaller bottom (user photos show this). I find it easy to get the ice out by pushing up the bottom.

Good buy.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

3.0 out of 5 stars An "Okay" (cheap) version of the "Pretty Good" Fire TV., January 2, 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Let's just get this out of the way. This device is cheap. I got it for even cheaper at $19. So I didn't expect it to perform as well as its bigger brother, the Fire TV player. However, it still managed to disappoint.

Here's what I like about it:
1. It's cheap.
2. It's a stand-alone device, unlike the Chromecast. Comes with a remote so you can just set it up once (for your parents) and be done with it.
3. Supports 5ghz Wifi. This is great for Plex and streaming high-bitrate videos, which is basically what I use it for. So yeah, works great!
4. Supports most major streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, WatchESPN, Pandora etc.
5. You can sideload even more apps and games on it, relatively easily.
6. Looks nicer than the Chromecast.
7. Amazon Prime Videos!

Here's what I absolutely hate about it:
-1. It's so sloooow. You get what you pay for.
-2. The interface. I hate it. Not confusing, but so much unnecessary crap on screen. Can't I just hide whatever I don't want to see? Why isn't there a FAV section?
-3. The remote feels cheap. Is cheap. You can buy the better one that comes with the Fire TV, but then might as well buy the player.
-4. Smartphone remote app works half the time, if it loads.
-5. USB (power) port is on the side. Who made this stupid decision??? If your TV is like mine, it'll have HDMI ports right next to each other. I had to rearrange my devices just so I can plug in the USB cable.
-6. No HBO Go, for now.

Conclusion? Buy this if it's on sale. Otherwise, go with a Roku (if you need standalone) or Chromecast.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10