Profile for Jase T. Wolfe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 221

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jase T. Wolfe RSS Feed

Price: $17.99
370 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Does *NOT* Disappoint!, November 6, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you loved part 1 & 2, you'll love part 3 -everything you've come to expect plus more. 3D compatibility and Multiplayer/Co-Op scenario games come without sacrifice to the single-player mode. Nice past-time puzzles plus stunning visuals and immersive worlds: being slightly Euro-centric, I was actually saddened to see the burning of the Eastern France 17th Century Castle! Like past episodes, the cut-scenes tend to go on a bit, and the camera is still a 50/50 battle with the user, but none of this really distracts from the cant-put-it-down gameplay you want. Nice job!

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Playstation 3
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Playstation 3
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $14.98
226 used & new from $2.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality Game Sacrificed for Trendy Concept, October 22, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Gone are the engaging and visually complex worlds, each with their many layers of game play and hidden gems all waiting for you to explore as you desire. Gone are the vast arrays of creative weapons and the ability to play your character as you see fit. Gone are the mini games - space fights, races, flights, arena battles, etc. Gone are the controls we've all come accustomed to. Gone pretty much sums it up. Instead, the game looks and feels cheap, hollow, gutted of its original depth and intent, akin to one you might download - all this stripping seeming to make room for trendy 3D visuals and internet multiplayer game play. If hooking up with 3 other friends to control the tiniest of characters along a shallow linear path, spending most of your time mindlessly breaking boxes, sucking up animals, and briefly shooting at easy-to-kill enemies is your desire, then here ya go. But if you were hoping to settle in to a long weekend with the latest immersive R&C, I guess we'll just have to keep waiting. I personally haven't been this disappointed with a R&C release since Deadlocked, and that includes all the PSP releases as well.
Comment Comments (21) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2013 12:58 AM PST

System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3 Complete
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3 Complete
by Brad Price
Price: $36.18
37 used & new from $24.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a Guide for R3, Just Another General SCCM Overview, October 4, 2011
This title was released in 2012 - well after the beta of SCCM 2012 had been out for general review for a while. If you're looking at purchasing this title, realistically at this point you're interested in getting a bit more insight into the R3 components. Keep looking. Nowhere are you going to find much information on the upgrade process from R2 to R3, in fact it is limited to a call-out box that provides little more information than the readme that came with the R3 download itself. If you then look for configuration and usage of the specific R3 enhancements, you'll find that the mention of them was really tacked on and not researched at all. Power Management, as an example, is pretty much covered in a single paragraph under the "what's new" section at the front, and then two additional sentences under Collection configuration. OSD Prestaged media? Again a quick "what's new", then a bullet point associated with a screenshot on page 639. Same general story for Delta AD Discovery and Forefront Endpoint Protection integration. All just very disappointing.

Instead of focusing on a continued-education style text, the authors instead presented what feels like a simple updated release meant for new SCCM admins that are looking for an overview of the product with some rewrite of the Microsoft documentation otherwise freely available. This is not to say that in that context this title isn't otherwise OK and that there isn't some value for a few areas of the program. This just isn't a text for those looking at in-depth SCCM administration or R3 specific guidance.

Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
Price: $299.00
55 used & new from $236.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This Is My First Juicer, September 14, 2011
I've no ability to compare this against any other juicer model or method. I can tell you that I spent a week reading up on juicer methods, pros and cons of each, then reading up on different models, more reviews than actual vendor information. I choose this juicer because it had a solid review base, something many others don't.

I'm now at 4 months of use. I don't regret my purchase and I've really used the heck out of it. But when it comes time to upgrade, or replace, it won't be this unit. It very well may be Breville, but not this model.

First my likes. It could not be easier to assemble/disassemble - its pretty much 5 parts atop the base, 2 of which catch things on either end of the transaction. Its pretty quiet - especially if you compare it to any other power tool in your kitchen. It is fairly easy to clean, with all but the mesh net/blades component being a fast rinse after use - the mesh net/blades takes a few with the included brush to clean, and you'll really be using that brush because your plant residue isn't going to rinse off or be powered off by your dishwasher (yeah! dishwasher safe). Personally, I'm pleased with the amount of juice I get out of leaf and solid vegetable material.

That said, there are aspects of this I don't like. #1 is fruit processing. The instructions are very clear on the speed settings, low for leaf and fruit, high for root and dense material. That's great and all, but anything softer than a very crisp apple, and I can tell right away that I'm wasting most of it as the discard bin is full of purée (no, I'm not trying to juice things like bananas or watermelon). Because of this, I am finding myself just doing soft fruit drinks in the blender and vegetables in the juicer. I'm also not thrilled with the amount of space between the end of the plunger and the blades. I know this is needed (to avoid juicing the plastic plunger) and may just be a drawback to this style of juicer, but it makes juicing leaf material take longer as you have to go slower and softer, and the last thin slice of hard materials shoot out and whomp the collector bin pretty hard. The only other issue I have, and it's minor, is the lid that directs the cast off of material into the bin. It would be nice if it all just fell into the bin, but it doesn't - lots of it clump to the top of the lid in a weird crook used to help keep the two compartments separate. It is petty - just means I have to scrape off the matter when I'm done instead of just rinsing off a thin layer.

In regards to my softer fruit complaints, it is obvious that Breville knows this to be an issue as the two newer models than this embrace a "juice and purée" or "juice and blend" methodology depending on if you go with their Breville BJE820XL Dual Disc Juice Processor or Breville BJB840XL Juice and Blend models.

So, overall pleased with this unit. Powerful, seems well built, easy to clean, and good product output. But if you're going with this style of juicer, you may want to take a look at their newer models, which is where I'll probably be going next.

Lost at Zero
Lost at Zero
6 used & new from $6.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Track Listing, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Lost at Zero (Audio CD)
1) Lonely Soul, 2) Mankind, 3) Peace, 4) Truthful Information, 5) Hide, 6) Why?, 7) Middle Ground, 8) American Refugee, 9) Family, 10) Rescue

Sea to Summit eVAC Dry Sack
Sea to Summit eVAC Dry Sack
Price: $17.95 - $77.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe The Two I Got Were Defective, September 3, 2011
For a dry sac, I like these a lot. They are easy to pack and quick to close. Invaluable for any condition where you don't want your stuff wet. But neither of the two I bough, despite their package claims of "air compresses out - water can't get in" compress anything at all. Granted, none of their pictures actually show anything compressed, but it would have been nice if it did what it advertised it would. Instead, following their directions, I got two balloons that had I applied any more pressure to would have popped. So, for my experience, great dry sac, horrible compressor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2012 9:37 AM PST

Stanley 77-500 IntelliLaser Pro Stud Sensor and Laser Line Level
Stanley 77-500 IntelliLaser Pro Stud Sensor and Laser Line Level
Price: $47.98
52 used & new from $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, Has Drawbacks, January 23, 2011
I was originally looking for just a stud finder, but when I was looking at the selection (I admittedly bought mine at a hardware store, not Amazon) I liked that this was competitively priced with other electronic stud finders with AC detection but this included laser levels. Thinking back to a level job I just recently completed, and thinking that this would have made my life easier then, I picked it up.

I've now used it for two jobs and although I'm generally happy, there are some areas that one should keep in mind before purchasing.

*) Many have commented on the laser line level's feet not retracting. This isn't really an automatic process - you need to manually push them in first until they click lock, then when you're ready to dismount from the wall you use the top button to release them. It wasn't obvious at first, but once I figured that out, it stayed on the wall like a champ.
*) The unit comes with 8 adhesive dots. They are that gummy stuff you find holding credit cards to the info mailing page that sticks well to everything but always rolls off cleanly. The dots that come with this have little tabs you pull to stretch/release from the laser line plate - they don't always come off as expected and I've already destroyed two. I can't find replacements sold separately or even thru Stanley's web site, but o their credit, when I emailed them with an inquiry, they sent me quite a few extra for free.
*) The stud finder is also a laser line, great for use as a line level or a cross line to the laser line level unit - but unlike the laser line level, there is no way to "mount" this, so it isn't usable as a hands-free second line level.
*) The stud finder is pretty big. I of course knew its size on purchase, but it became very noticeable when I attempted to use it in tighter spaces.
*) The stud finder's laser is always on. I have no idea why you can't turn it off and on as needed.

So ultimately I am happy enough with the product but if it ever died, I will probably look for single-purposed tools - a smaller stud finder and stand-alone laser levels.

Shark  Pet Perfect II Hand Vac (SV780)
Shark  Pet Perfect II Hand Vac (SV780)
Price: $59.00
40 used & new from $45.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, January 1, 2011
I purchased this over the Shark SV736N 15.6-Volt sibling thinking that for the relatively modest price increase that the performance would be better. I was wrong.

First the pros:
*) Taking it apart and putting it back together is a breeze - very simple to figure out and no easy-to-break parts.
*) The motorized brush can stand up to a real use
*) The mounting unit is compact, easy to mount/unmounts with, and charges the unit.

Now the cons:
*) Battery life is only OK - you'll find it lasts a pretty long time per charge without the motorized brush and if you're only doing spot cleanup. But with the motorized brush or really big jobs, it can die pretty quickly. Be sure to read the manual, they really emphasize not recharging until you have fully discharged the battery or you'll shorten it's life.
*) The suction is somewhat sad. Kitty litter is about the extent of what you can pick up relying only on the suction.
*) If your job includes any powders (spilled flour for example), you'll clog the paper filter and your suction will go from somewhat sad to nonexistent. Here's a fun fact: to clean the filter, you need another low suction vacuum as powders cling to the paper filter and it's not rinseable. Replacements are about $10 a pop and include both the paper filter and the plastic insert.
*) The brush attachment is useless. It basically acts like a little broom, pushing stuff around, never getting sucked into the vacuum.
*) The motorized brush is excessively difficult to clean, so if you have pets and it fills with hair, you'll be spending a lot of time cleaning it as none of the hair seems to make it into the chamber.

As handhelds go, I find 6 weeks into it that I barely use the motorized brush for anything other than light touch-ups on some rugs, never use the brush, and only make use of the nozzle for general dirt and small chunks. Anything else and I'm back to pulling out the real vacuum. Just not sure it was worth the $60.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2014 2:56 PM PDT

2.4GHz Wireless Mini Keyboard with Touchpad
2.4GHz Wireless Mini Keyboard with Touchpad
Offered by WINDWHISPER
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard/remote solution, November 20, 2010
To save a buck, a while back I dumped Cable TV and converted an otherwise fine desktop computer into a Media Server. Hooked it all up and realized that keeping a mouse and keyboard dangling from it was 1) messy, and 2) ugly. I lived with it like that for months until I accidentally stepped on the keyboard and broke it. As I was about to replace it I thought "what am I doing"? Mini wireless keyboard search commenced, and based on the large number of reviews I opted for this one.

In case you're hoping it was Bluetooth - it's not. However, the range is great. I've had no problems with communications between it and my computer even when there is no easy line of sight. Its feather-light at 2.5 ounces, and although that initially made it feel a bit cheap, nothing else after three weeks of use has made me feel that way. For the most part, I am very happy with it and have no regrets. There are a few areas though that are a bit of a bother. Even with the mouse settings moved to "fast", getting from one side of the screen to the other takes a few swipes on the pad; irritating but not that disruptive. The unit "goes to sleep" pretty quickly, requiring you to "press any key for a second" to wake it up; choose that key wisely as it not only wakes the keyboard up, it sends that key press to your computer. I can turn the back-light on for keyboard illumination, but you can't turn it off: it will go out when it goes to sleep. If those issues sounded trivial, it's because they are and they are far from a show-stopper. It is a great little keyboard/remote and if it looks like it might fit your need, it will and you'll be happy with it.

Cuba: A Musical Journey
Cuba: A Musical Journey
13 used & new from $6.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Group & Track lineup information, August 24, 2010
This review is from: Cuba: A Musical Journey (Audio CD)
At the time of my review, Amazon had not posted any group or track data about this release. Here it is:

Son Ache - Cuba: A Musical Journey
1) La Ruñidera 2) Guantanamera 3) Son De La Loma 4) Guararey De Pastorita 5) El Cuarto De Tula 6) La Mujer De Antonio 7) Dos Gardenias 8) Guayabitas Del Pinar 9) Cien Años 10) Bruca Maniguá 11) Besito De Coco 12) El Guanajo Relleno

Grupo Cimarrón De Cuba - The Most Popular Songs From Cuba
1) Qué Manera De Guererte 2) El Son De Ana Maria 3) La Bilongo 4) Chan Chan 5) Longina 6) El Tumbaito 7) Una Vez Más 8) Madrigal 9) Asi Estoy Yo Por Ti 10) Rabo De Nube 11) El Traguito 12) Yolanda

Zafra - ¡Caliente!: Musica Cubana
1) Santiago 2) Bajo Las Palmas 3) Descarga Abakwa 4) El Monte 5) Sasa 6) Ciudad Azul 7) Ayé 8) Charanguita 9) Conga

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20