Profile for M. Patton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Patton RSS Feed (OHIO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Luxury Divas Brown Braided Elastic Stretch Belt Size Large
Luxury Divas Brown Braided Elastic Stretch Belt Size Large
Offered by NYfashion101, Inc.
Price: $7.84
7 used & new from $6.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Everything But "Luxury", More like "Inferior Quality", September 23, 2014
Looks can be deceiving. The other recent poor reviews could not be more accurate when describing the poor quality of this nice looking belt. Take it from me that this belt is one to pass by. Although the braided material is fairly decent material, the loop where you tuck in the excess belt appeared stretched out and delaminated right out of the package. Besides that, the brass latch isn't as long as what's pictured, but a tad shorter. This allows for it to slip past the buckle with extra pressure, say, when leaning over. And finally the "leather" that loops over and stitched to hold the buckle on is made from some flimsy material that delaminates (peels away in layers) just like that loop. Oh, and don't think you'll get any sympathy when you contact Belts Inc. They gave me the run-around and topped off their e-mail reply with "and have a nice day". Sheesh! Luxury my eye.

Cuisinart DSA30-20 Dishwasher Safe Hard-Anodized 11-Inch Square Griddle
Cuisinart DSA30-20 Dishwasher Safe Hard-Anodized 11-Inch Square Griddle
Price: $33.99
2 used & new from $33.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Paid for the name and got a subpar product. THEY WARP UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS, July 19, 2013
I was proud of my new purchase. I cooked eggs on low and cleanup was just rinsing it off under the faucet. However, I noticed that the eggs wanted to run to the sides. I even went to the trouble of rebalancing my Jenn-air stove. I finally put a straight edge on it and determined that there is a high spot in the dead center of the griddle. You could easily state that I probably did not read the instructions and used excessive heat or plunged it into cold water while it was scorching hot. But, you would be wrong. I handled it with kid gloves. I believe the problem is in the layered construction. Different metals expanding at different rates causing the pan to develop a hump in the center. It's too late to return the item so I'm stuck with a thirty dollar griddle that allows everything to run to the edges. On a brighter note, grease runs away from the bacon. I'm glad that I just bought one of these anodized pans and went with the stainless steel 10 Piece Cookware Set by Cuisinart.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2013 9:20 AM PDT

New LCD Power Inverter Board HP Compaq CQ60 G50 G60 CQ50 CQ70 Series Backlight
New LCD Power Inverter Board HP Compaq CQ60 G50 G60 CQ50 CQ70 Series Backlight
Offered by 3CLeader
Price: $5.19
7 used & new from $2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfect Fast Delivery and a Story With a Happy Ending, January 31, 2013
I was doing a free repair on a laptop for this kind soul that's has dedicated his life to doing Gods work. The laptops screen was cracking right off of the hinges and had separated completely on the right hand side. I was installing Linux Mint 14 as well... while the screen was disassembled. Moving the screen around, I'm not sure, but, I must have touched the metal frame of the LCD to the inverter and fried it. The LCD went dark and never came back on. I was freaking out. I thought I just turned the laptop into an expensive paperweight. Talk about feeling terrible. I figured what the heck, three dollars only for an inverter and four more for shipping. All I can say is "phew, there is a God". And thanks, because that is all it was. With a little metal reinforcement and a lot of epoxy, the laptop works great! I even threw in 1 gig of memory to speed things up a little. BTW Linux Mint is a great operating system. If you're tired of wasting money on Microsoft, give it a whirl.

Epson Photo Paper Glossy, 13 x 19 Inches, 20 Sheets (S041143)
Epson Photo Paper Glossy, 13 x 19 Inches, 20 Sheets (S041143)
Price: $24.17
72 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great! Way Cheaper Then The Luster, January 31, 2013
I kind of grimaced when I saw the price on the Luster Paper. So, I was pleased to see the big price difference in the Glossy. Prints are beautiful.

Dorman HW16094 Brake Caliper Bushing
Dorman HW16094 Brake Caliper Bushing
Price: $8.89
2 used & new from $7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, January 31, 2013
Worked as expected. Tough to install by nature. Rebuilding calipers is not easy in the winter. If I had to do it all over, I think I would have just spent the 50 bucks on a rebuilt unit.

Monroe 73204 OESpectrum Sensa-Trac Strut Cartridge
Monroe 73204 OESpectrum Sensa-Trac Strut Cartridge
Offered by Auto Barn
Price: $30.97
5 used & new from $30.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective parts caused delays, January 31, 2013
See that threaded top mounting ring? Well, one of these American made Monroe strut cartridges that I purchased had one with threads that were obviously machined incorrectly. So what, you say! I had 2 defective strut mounts and a defective boot kit too. 4 out of the 8 Monroe parts purchased had to go back. That's what. My car sat for four extra days until all of the replacement parts came. Shame on you Monroe. Stop being so greedy and pay a decent wage and your quality control might improve.

KYB  SM5161 Strut mount
KYB SM5161 Strut mount
Offered by Essex Technology Group
Price: $36.77
38 used & new from $28.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked As Expected Unlike Monroe's, January 31, 2013
KYB saves the day. I bought 2 of these from Monroe and they were manufactured with an incorrect bolt pattern. Just enough to ruin my day after totally reassembling the strut assembly. KYB's fit perfectly and I was able to get the job done. I'm buying KYB for now on.

Monroe 903990 Strut-Mate Strut Mounting Kit
Monroe 903990 Strut-Mate Strut Mounting Kit
Offered by NYJ Value
Price: $40.76
15 used & new from $29.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing Flaws and Quality Control Issues on 3 separate Monroe Items, January 31, 2013
Monroe is a name that I thought I could trust. However, I purchased 3 Monroe products for the rebuilding of my front struts and struck out on all three. Starting with this product, I purchased two of them and both had a bolt pattern that differed slightly from the cars. The mount had been affixed to the assembly, tightened with an impact wrench then I decompressed the spring. Upon attempting to mount the strut back on the car is when I found the manufacturing flaw. Disassembly caused some damage to the threads of the strut due to the nature of the locknut. But, the extra time to disassemble, order the parts from another manufacturer, wait for deliver, then reassemble really hurt my schedule. Next comes the struts. I ordered four. One had a defective threaded cap. More delay. Finally, the boot. I ordered two and one was missing parts dirty and had a cheap plastic bumper, as opposed to the heavy duty rubber needed to absorb the impact of a hard bump that would overpower the strut and spring. Monroe, get it together already. This stuff is supposed to be American made! Yikes! Monroe, you're quality control stinks.

Samsung 16GB Class 10 MicroSDHC High Speed Memory Card with Komputerbay SD adaptor UHS 1 Read Speed 90MB/s and Write Speed 25MB/s
Offered by Komputerbay
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Komputerbay makes the grade, January 31, 2013
What more could you want. Decent price and fast delivery. I shopped around and this place had the best deal. So, the next time I needed memory I went back to Komputerbay, because it's a name that I know I can trust.

Monroe 73255 OESpectrum Sensa-Trac Strut Cartridge
Monroe 73255 OESpectrum Sensa-Trac Strut Cartridge
Price: $40.08
3 used & new from $37.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Monroe's QC is terrible, January 4, 2013
I set out to replace all 4 of my strut cartridges. The threaded part that accompanied the strut was defective. It was very obvious that it had not been threaded properly. Monroe's Quality Control should have easily spotted the bad part. Overnight shipping for the replacement is going to take 4 days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3