Profile for C. Fink > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Fink RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Go Professional Cases Phantom 2 and GoPro Accessories Hard Case
Go Professional Cases Phantom 2 and GoPro Accessories Hard Case
Offered by aSavings
Price: $209.00
13 used & new from $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Carry Like a Professional, Feel Like a Professional, March 9, 2014
I have had this case since the day I got my Phantom 2 (Non-Vision). I honestly cannot imagine an easier way to carry it and honestly, I would never want to have to rely on the egg crate packaging that DJI ships the Phantom 2s in. Don't get me wrong, the egg crate stuff protects it incredibly well during shipping, but for transporting to/from the field/site, it just wouldn't cut it.

As for this product's quality, it's fantastic. For those people on the Interwebs saying that the case feels "flimsy" or "weak", they need to figure out what kind of case they got in place of these SKB cases and return them immediately. The case itself, as in the shell of it, feels identical to my Pelican 1550EMS case that I carried in my EMT days - just as rigid and the seal also seems to be just as high of a quality as Pelican's. No, I have not submerged the case or hauled it in the back of my pickup in a Florida downpour, but that's not why I bought this case, nor why I have purchased the 10+ Pelican cases I've purchased over the years. The peace of mind this GoProfessional case brings is well worth the somewhat hefty price tag. Sure, you could get a Pelican case of similar dimensions to this for around the cost of this case/pre-cut foam, but honestly, I don't want to sit there and spend an hour or more plucking foam to fit the Phantom perfectly. The reason I say perfectly, is because the pre-cut foam in this GoProfessional case is truly perfect when it comes to the cutouts for the Phantom 2 Non-Vision itself (I do not have a gimbal/GoPro just for comparison sake). My only gripe is the amount of open space in the transmitter compartment; however, it happens to be the perfect amount of space for those of us that use transmitter straps. I have a Spektrum transmitter strap (purchased here on Amazon, as well) that folds up and sits in the compartment perfectly with the transmitter. The battery and other random compartments are also perfectly cut. The compartment for spare AA batteries is genius - yet again, more peace of mind knowing that I'll always have a spare set with me just in case I need them.

Overall, I highly recommend this case to anybody that owns and flies a Phantom 2 Non-Vision - be it the weekend hobbyist or the professional aerial photographer.

DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter Version 1.1.1 for GoPro Camera Hero 1 2 3 Hero3+ Silver Black and other actioncams + DJI Extra Prop Guards + DJI Extra Set Self Tightening Propellers + Carbon Fiber Anti Vibration Anti-Jello Mount + Koozam Cleaning Cloth Extra Value Ultimate Bundle
Offered by Kaozom
Price: $489.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Phantom 1, not Phantom 2, March 3, 2014
I have not purchased this specific model from Amazon, but I did purchase the actual Phantom 2 off Amazon for $710.

Just a word of warning for those that may not be as educated on these. This is NOT the most recent version of the DJI Phantom. This is the Phantom 1, with around 18 minutes run time. If you are looking for the DJI Phantom 2, with the new Intelligent Battery System that carries a 25 minute run time and is compatible with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, this is NOT the Phantom that you want. Also, the propellers that come with this kit are not going to be the self-tightening propellers, as those are only compatible with the Phantom 2 (Vision & Non-Vision).

Just trying to help those that may get into something they don't want.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 8:25 AM PDT

Quad LCD Monitor Free Standing Desk Mount with Optional bolt-through mount/ Stand Heavy Duty Fully Adjustable fits 4 /Four Screens up to 24" ~ (by VIVO)
Offered by vivotechnology
Price: $85.90
2 used & new from $81.61

4.0 out of 5 stars A Stand that Withstands!, February 2, 2014
I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this stand. I have a Planar Dual Monitor stand at my office that I thought was incredibly nice, but for the same price, I got this stand by VIVO and it's nearly identical quality.

I use this to mount four LG Flatron 22" monitors and it fits them perfectly.

So far, the only issue I seem to have is the looseness of one of the monitor mounts, in that it keeps wanting to tilt the monitor down on its own due to the weight (even though these LED monitors are super light). I got creative and put a tiny drop of blue Loctite on the mechanism that rotates and that seems to have resolved it for now, but I worry the next time I slide the stand around on my desk or have to make an adjustment, it will rotate down.

This is by no means an issue, but more of a warning. The "legs" of this stand to protrude out (towards you if you're sitting at the keyboard) quite a bit more than I expected. As long as the work surface to which you are mounting/standing this has enough depth, it will work perfectly.

I may actually be purchasing another one of these for use in my office to replace that Planar I was talking about earlier. :)
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 6:15 AM PST

Skylink WD-434RTL Long Range Door/Window Alert Kit; Be notified of your surroundings.
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars When the battery is good, the system is great!, July 30, 2013
This is my first experience with any DIY door/window sensor alarm/alert system and it very well may be my last.

Was very excited about this product after reading countless reviews and watching numerous YouTube videos on it. Installation is nearly instantaneous and the programming looked just as easy.

Got the unit today, opened it up, everything looked great. Plugged in the base unit, green light was on. Got the door/window sensor, removed the plastic tape that it comes with to prevent the battery from making connection. I can hear the clicking of the mechanism inside the door/window sensor so I'm stoked. Hold down the "Learn" button for five seconds, green light and red Zone 1 light blink. Following the directions, I "activate" the sensor by separating the magnet from the sensor and...well...nothing. Lights just kept on blinking. Repeated these steps easily 50 times out of frustration. Unplugged base unit, tried a brand new battery in the sensor...nothing.

Needless to say, it's already packed back up and Amazon has a replacement order on the way to me. This will be going back tomorrow to the good man in the brown truck.

I sincerely hope this was just a defective unit or something...if not...I'll never be doing business with Skylink again.

***UPDATE*** 8/2/2013 ***UPDATE***

Turns out the unit I got the first time was either DOA, or it came with a dead battery in the sensor.

Amazon ROCKS, as we all know, and sent me a replacement unit the same I day I chatted with them about the issue I had with the first one.

I got that unit today and lo-and-behold, it worked flawlessly. The base unit learned the door sensor just as it should and I was off and running. Sensor is already mounted and I'm set.

After testing the alert and alarm functions, this thing does EXACTLY what I wanted it to do. It will absolutely wake me or my girlfriend up in the middle of the night should that door open. Now, what I'm hoping doesn't happen, is the battery in this new unit run out during the middle of the night, triggering the unit to go off, scaring the living daylights out of us.

Overall, I am very pleased with this unit now that it is working, but be advised, whether it was a dead unit I got or the battery was dead, be mindful of that if you have issues when you first get it. Also, calling SkyLink for support was an absolute waste of time. He seemed to literally just watch the YouTube video and describe what was happening. No use at all - just get with Amazon and they will take care of you like they always do.

Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter *Colors Vary
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter *Colors Vary
Offered by CubeFun
Price: $20.66
53 used & new from $15.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily worth more...the heli, that is!, July 30, 2013
First off, be aware that even though they say they have red and yellow available, mine was blue. Just a heads up for those trying to get all of the colors or something. May want to see if you can contact them or put it in the notes.

Now, for the heli itself - great little machine. I've been into radio control my entire life and I've owned more micro/mini helis than I can count. This one, for the price, is by far the best one I've flown. I was SHOCKED at how balanced and smooth this thing was. Most importantly...how smooth the tail rotor is. In the past, when flying micro helis, you'd hammer the stick forward and wouldn't even really be able to tell the tail rotor was spinning, either because the heli simply didn't move or because you couldn't hear it. If this little beast is a sign of what's to come for micro helis, I am stoked. Not only do you almost immediately begin to move forward (obviously a minimal delay for physics to kick in), but I kid you not, when you crank it enough, you can actually HEAR the tail rotor going. UNHEARD of...ha...get it?

Now, the ONLY reason this thing didn't five stars, and it actually almost gave it three stars...is the PIECE OF JUNK REMOTE. Dear Lord. First of all, the remote didn't even power on the first time I installed the batteries. Yes, I checked the polarity. I had to do the old, jiggle/spin the batteries in the remote thing to get the light to come on. I thought, "Great, now that it's aligned, we'll be in business." Wrong. Light went off the second I got the battery door back on and the remote flipped back over on the table. Upon further inspection, I can hear all kinds of stuff rattling around in the controller itself. It would appear this thing was either dropped, or just not assembled well. This remote RUINS this little heli.

In the end, I will be returning this one, as I can't stand the remote control flaking out on me. Luckily, it hasn't happened in flight yet, but I plan on flying this thing in one of our warehouses with a 30' high ceiling and if the remote crapped out then, this thing would just flat out drop.

***UPDATE*** 8/24/2013 ***UPDATE***

Well, I never returned it...why? The darn thing is just TOO MUCH FUN! I was able to get around the remote issue by adding a thin layer of the rolled rubber you would use to line the drawer of a toolbox or a shelf. I figured out the issue was how loosely the batteries fit in the tray. Even with the battery door tightened down all the way, one good shake of the remote and they would apparently lose connection. I recommend checking this before flying the heli too much so you don't get discouraged while flying.

Now...as for the heli...I am OBSESSED. I've taken this thing on close to 30 flights and crashed it at least 45 times. One time, I was flying it at one of our offices that has a lowered ceiling with the metal A/C grates in them that have the little gaps around the edges. The ceiling is 10' up and I ended up nailing the gap with the propellers and sure enough, the heli got stuck. I was worried I had really screwed something up. Got the ladder, climbed up there and lo-and-behold, the darn thing was perfectly fine, with the exception of a nice scratch on the prop that was stuck. Took back off my hand from the ladder and she's been running fine and just as stable as she did the first day she came out of the box. It's been about 10 flights since then.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this heli to those of you that love the "sport" of it, but don't want the stress of crashing an expensive heli. I plan on getting at least two more of these, one as a gift and I also want to grab the S107C with the on-board camera. No real need for it...but I mean...why not?!

Thanks, Syma!!!!

Jay Robb Enterprises - Jaybar Peanut Butter Bar, 12 bars, 1lb. 8 oz (1 bar-57g)
Jay Robb Enterprises - Jaybar Peanut Butter Bar, 12 bars, 1lb. 8 oz (1 bar-57g)
Offered by Etailz
Price: $31.05
3 used & new from $30.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein bars on the planet!, April 22, 2013
I've been eating Jay Robb's products for over five years now and these bars are still his best creation to date.

I always buy at least one or two boxes of them when Amazon has them on Prime whether I need them or not.

For those of you that are into "prepping", these are great things to keep in your Bug Out Bag (BOB) or Every Day Carry (EDC) bags. They keep for a while, don't get too gross in extreme heat and they taste amazing.

I will be ordering these again...and again...

Matchbox Big Boots Blaze Brigade Fire Truck Vehicle
Matchbox Big Boots Blaze Brigade Fire Truck Vehicle
Offered by Wall of Fame
Price: $44.99
8 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to be a kid again!, April 22, 2013
I bought this toy for my nephew's 2nd birthday and boy, it was a hit!! As a former fire fighter, I was going out on a limb hoping he'd enjoy it. As soon as the wrapping paper was off he was, "Ooohhh" and "Ahhh"'ing at it. Loved it.

I was pleasantly surprised by how heavy the little "Big Boots" figurines were. Their feet are quite heavy, allowing them to stand up very easily and ride in the truck.

The launching feature was pretty cool, but honestly, that's just a bonus. This truck is cool altogether and is easily rolled on almost any surface. We played with it on hardwood, tile, concrete and carpet. It took four impressive spills down a 15-stair staircase and the only thing that happened was the door on the front popped open. No broken pieces or anything.

Overall, this toy was a major hit with all the kids...and myself. :)

Zombie Outbreak Response Team White Die-cut Vinyl Decal Sticker
Zombie Outbreak Response Team White Die-cut Vinyl Decal Sticker
Offered by Super Sweet Graphics LLC
Price: $2.34
11 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sticker!!, January 2, 2013
Love this sticker!

As with any die-cut vinyl decal, be very careful when installing it. I ordered several so I'd have some extras and I ended up needing one. The first one gave me some fits but after another good cleaning and drying, the second one went on without a hitch.

Seems to be high quality vinyl and it has already taken several pressure washings without flinching. Let's hope it keeps up!!

Closer You Get Slower I Drive Humor Funny Metal License Plate Frame Tag Holder
Closer You Get Slower I Drive Humor Funny Metal License Plate Frame Tag Holder
Offered by Speedy Pros
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be made well - what more can I ask for?, January 2, 2013
Hey, it's a license plate frame and it says what I wanted it to.

Overall it seems to be good quality. Vinyl lettering seems pretty well adhered. I've washed my truck in a pressure wash bay several times already and have had no issues at all.

People also seem to get the idea and no longer tailgate me, which is a bonus. I just wanted to annoy them a little. :)

***UPDATE*** 7/30/2013 ***UPDATE***

While washing the truck today, I noticed that the frame itself is noticeably less glossy/shiny than it was the day I got it. It would appear the sun is starting to take its' toll on it.

I will likely be purchasing one or two more of these to keep "in stock" as with the Florida heat, this is surely going to become a regular thing.

I will say that the letter themselves have not suffered and are still firmly affixed to the frame, so that is great.

Midland HH54VP2 Portable Emergency Weather Radio with SAME (Black)
Midland HH54VP2 Portable Emergency Weather Radio with SAME (Black)
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: $42.65
146 used & new from $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!!, January 2, 2013
This radio rocks! It does everything I need it to and even more.

For those of you that are put-off by the reviews talking about the "loud beep" - don't be. Maybe I have a newer model, but the one I have allows you to disable the beep altogether, which is one of the first things I did when I got it. I can see how, without the ability to turn it off, it could become annoying. Thankfully, they seem to have either added this feature or the other people just haven't found that option in the menu yet.

Overall, I love this radio and will begin carrying it with me everyday. I highly recommend this product!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6