Profile for Wendy Tuller > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wendy Tuller RSS Feed

Contour ROAM2 Waterproof Video Camera (Black)
Contour ROAM2 Waterproof Video Camera (Black)
Offered by The Professional Depot
Price: $109.00
35 used & new from $93.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Paintball Player Action Helmet Camera Must, December 7, 2012
I have played Paintball for two decades, and always enjoyed videography of the sport. The Contour ROAM 2 takes that videography to a new level. The camera's compact design and slim profile make it ideal for my sport over the GoPro in that A) it can be mounted via gun rail mounts, and B) the goggle mounting is much easier and less bulky. The camera shoots fantastic video with a wide angle lens and 60fps at 720P or 30fps at 1080 more than enough for the recreational paintball player who wants some awesome video of their gameplay. The microphone could pick up conversations through paintball masks from other players, which I have yet to see in a camera of this type. Additionally - although Contour recommends the waterproof casing for paintball action videos, I didn't use it, nor did I see any other contour cameras on the field I played at with the case - this particular game I saw a great deal of helmet cameras many of which were contour HDs or ROAMs. I believe that the camera could take a hit from a paintball and still function properly, but that's my opinion... After each mission I just sprayed the camera off with a squirt bottle of water and bam - was off and running again.

You can see a sample video of the contour ROAM2 in action here on my youtube channel wtuller

The only negative thing I would say is that if you make the camera beeps silent - it will not beep at you if it's having an error. I lost a great deal of footage because I had the beep alerts off, and with a better design they could have made alarm noises always on no matter what your preference.

The problem I had was an operator error - but just to save everyone time and the same frustration I went through - if you're using a large memory card - it takes a long time to format... The 32GB card I was using takes about 30 seconds to format and in their instruction manual, it indicates to hold the button down for ten seconds... I did a 10 count and was off and running without a formatted memory card and lost what I believe would have been great footage.

Anyway - all in all - an awesome product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2013 3:04 PM PST