Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Leanne > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 20644

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leanne RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Julep Feels Like Velvet Eye Full-Coverage Eye Shadow Duo, Coconuts/Cabanas
Julep Feels Like Velvet Eye Full-Coverage Eye Shadow Duo, Coconuts/Cabanas
Price: $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes on lighter than expected, but lasts all day, June 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have this in the Coconuts/Cabanas color, and when it arrived, I was worried about how dark it would be. It goes on much sheerer than expected, which I actually prefer. Since the lighter color is still a bit too dark to use under my brow bone (I'm pretty fair, and wear MAC foundation in NW20, as a point of reference), I use a different highlighter color, and then use the two colors in this palette on my lid and crease. I wish this had come in a trio with a lighter color to make things a bit easier, but it's no problem to add in a third color of my own.

I always wear either Urban Decay's Primer Potion or Tarte's eye primer, and this plays nicely with both of those. It lasts all day when applied over primer, and is a pretty neutral color. For more pop, I've also added a teal or green eyeliner, but you can tone this down by using black or brown eyeliner along with it.

I have a few Julep nail polishes, and hadn't realized that they had branched into the world of cosmetics. I'm impressed with the staying power and vibrancy of this palette.

Classic Accessories 55-674-016701-RT Montlake FadeSafe Patio Day Chaise Cover
Classic Accessories 55-674-016701-RT Montlake FadeSafe Patio Day Chaise Cover
Price: $63.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty and seems like it will last a long time, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although we've only just received this and it hasn't made it through a winter yet, it is a really nice chaise cover. I'll be sure to update my review if this starts to show signs of wear and tear, but so far this is really nice quality.

I like how this cover goes down to the floor, so it provides more coverage and makes it harder for critters to sneak under it.

The gussets on the top side areas also means that it will expand to fit the size of your chaise lounge more easily.

The handles also make this easy to take off and on.

As mentioned, I'll update my review as we use this more. While we don't have to deal with snow in San Diego, we get pretty intense heat and sunlight, but it seems like this is built to last through tough weather conditions.

Gaiam Wellbeing Core & Back Strength Ball
Gaiam Wellbeing Core & Back Strength Ball
Price: $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality and a useful ball to have on hand for working out, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice quality ball that comes with a straw to inflate it, a small sheet with exercises on it, and access to three free downloads of yoga and meditation videos.

I was able to use my stability ball pump to inflate this, which made the process a lot easier. (Using the included straw would have taken forever.)

I've had a similar ball to this one for a few years, and use it for core exercises and for doing barre and Dream Body workouts. This Gaiam ball provides nice support for these exercises, and is really nice quality.

NUXE Relaxing Fragrant Water, 3.3 fl. oz.
NUXE Relaxing Fragrant Water, 3.3 fl. oz.
Price: $28.98
5 used & new from $28.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Has a strong smell, but it feels cooling for the summer, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil, 1.6 fl. oz., and have used it for years and also given it as gifts. In the last couple of years, I've also been using their honey lip balm and several of their moisturizers, and have really liked them all.

While I do love the cooling sensation of this new body spray (for that's essentially what it is), it has a really strong floral scent to it that lasts for several hours, meaning that you wouldn't want to use perfume when you use this. It's a really cloying scent -- one that smells strongly of baby powder. I know that scents are a very personal thing, but this one just feels outdated and is very strong.

The positives are that this comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle, and the spray mechanism works to evenly coat your skin. It looks beautiful on the vanity or bathroom counter. Despite those positives, though, I may pass this along to a friend because the scent is just too much for me personally. My advice is to try to smell this before purchasing, or only purchase if you like floral, powdery scents.

NUXE Anti-Aging Nuxuriance Mask Roll-on, 1.6 fl. oz.
NUXE Anti-Aging Nuxuriance Mask Roll-on, 1.6 fl. oz.
Price: $52.98
5 used & new from $52.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps tone down redness and softens the skin -- and works well on sensitive skin, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Nuxe products, and their NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil, 1.6 fl. oz. is one of my all-time favorite beauty products, one that I've re-purchased and also given as gifts to friends. This new mask is such a nice treat, and each time I've used it, it has toned down the redness that my skin is prone to and made my skin really soft.

The rolling wheel that you apply this with works smoothly, and helps distribute evenly across your face, neck, and decolletage. It's nice to not have to wash your hands again, too, after applying this! Long-term, I hope that the roller continues to work well, and that it doesn't become clogged up. I'll update my review if it does.

I have sensitive skin that freaks out easily if a product is too harsh, but this is really gentle and soothing. I've actually been using it at night (which the instructions say you can do) as a sleeping mask, and I've pretty really impressed by how I wake up with an even complexion. I'm not sure if the science behind the saffron flower and bougainvillea cell is really legitimate (I tried looking this product up on Paula Begoun's Beautypedia site and googling it, and couldn't find any information about it), but what I do know is that the redness that I usually always have around my nose and mouth is gone after using this. It's an excellent product in my book!

Kashi Organic Breakfast Super Blend (Sun-Up Coconut, 16-Ounce)
Kashi Organic Breakfast Super Blend (Sun-Up Coconut, 16-Ounce)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really tasty -- but fairly high in sugar, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using protein powders for about ten years, and have tried many of the major brands. Since becoming vegan three years ago, I've looked for non-whey options, and my favorite protein powder is Vega Protein and Greens. This new Kashi powder runs a close second.

Although it's billed as a "breakfast" blend, you can use this any time of day really. It has a light coconut taste, one that mixes well with add-ins like frozen bananas, fresh greens, and pears. I've also mixed this into my morning oatmeal, and, while, I prefer the Vega blend for that, this Kashi powder still mixes up pretty well.

It also isn't powdery or chalky, which are huge "ick" factors to me when it comes to protein powder.

The only negative in my mind is that one serving size (2 scoops) has 9 grams of sugar. (By comparison, the Vega powder has only 2 g of sugar.) I prefer to have a lot less sugar than that, so am not sure if I would re-purchase this for that reason alone.

Overall, though, it's a really delicious blend. I love Kashi's cereal, and, before ordering this, hadn't even realized that they were entering the protein powder market.

L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Voluminous Primer Mascara, Primer, 0.24 Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Voluminous Primer Mascara, Primer, 0.24 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparable to the Lancome version of this, for a much better prices, June 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using small sample tubes of the Lancome version of this for a few years and love it, but I think I like this L'Oreal version even better. Lancome and L'Oreal are owned by the same parent company, so, from what I have read, you can find similar formulations at a lower cost in the L'Oreal line.

While the Lancome version of this is much thicker, this goes on thinner, which I prefer since it doesn't make the mascara you put over it too thick.

Although this goes on white, your mascara completely covers it, and it just plumps and lengthens your lashes, while also supposedly conditioning them. I have thin lashes, and using this makes a big difference in how my mascara goes on. Right now, I alternate with either Buxom Lashes or Lancome's Hynose Drama, and this primer works well with both.

I also have bad allergies that cause my eyes to water, and this doesn't irritate them at all.

The only downside is that it does seem to require a bit of extra soaking to get your eye makeup off, but that may also be because I'm using a thicker mascara recently.

Overall, it's a great product for the price!

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Shadow, Gilded Rose, 0.11 Fluid Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars These don't budge once you apply them, and are such pretty colors!, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have this in both the Gilded Rose and Beige Luster colors, and both are really pretty! They remind me of the L'Oreal Infallible pots, but these are easier to apply since they come with a wand.

The attached photos show these on my light skin, without and with flash. (I wear MAC foundation in NW20, as a point of reference.) The top color that is lighter is Gilded Rose, and the bottom color is the Beige Luster, which actually reads more as a taupe.

These really do last forever. I usually use an eye shadow primer, but didn't with these and they lasted all day. You have about a minute to work with them, but once they're set, they're not going anywhere. They do come off easily, though, with regular eyeliner.

Maybelline has really upped its game with these!
Comment Comment | Permalink

New Balance Women's Printed Accelerate Capri Pants, Black/Grey, Medium
New Balance Women's Printed Accelerate Capri Pants, Black/Grey, Medium
Price: $28.65
9 used & new from $28.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice quality, but seem to run on the smaller side, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first pair of New Balance pants I've had, and I really like them. They don't fit like compression tights, but rather have some stretch and give to them. I've worn them for both a HIIT workout and a Ballet Beautiful workout, and they worked well for both -- providing a nice amount of stretch.

They do seem to run a bit on the smaller side. At 5'4" and 122 pounds, I'm usually a size small in workout clothes, but since these were only available for me to try in a medium, I got a medium, and they're only a tiny big baggy in the knee area. I also have a larger rear end and an hourglass shape, and these aren't too tight in the rear or too loose in the waist.

The drawstring on the inner waist is also a nice addition and makes them more adjustable; just be sure to add some knots to the ends, or you may lose the strings into the waist.

These are really nice quality for the price!

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The Definitive, 4th Edition
Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The Definitive, 4th Edition
by Betty Edwards
Price: $13.34
162 used & new from $8.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book for those who are beginning to draw, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm new to drawing and am really bad at figuring things out, but I've found this book to be really helpful. The author walks you through what supplies you need to get started, and then guides you through the various ways to manage proportions and angles.

One of the things I really like about this book is the writing style. The author writes as if she's talking directly to you, and I liked this conversational approach since it made me feel more comfortable doing the exercises in the book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20