Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for E. Crawford > Reviews

Browse

E. Crawford's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Crawford RSS Feed (TN)

Page: 1 | 2
Present Perfect
Present Perfect
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show for everyone, October 2, 2014
Love this show and am now watching with my kids ages 5-13 and they are LOVING it. My girls love Sabrina and even though boys are icky to them they like Harvey too. My son just loves the magic and the cat. Of course they ALL love Salem. So glad to have a very fun, very clean show for them to watch. And I'm so happy to finally see the episodes I missed now on Amazon.

Holmes BCH9212R-NU Bionaire Remote Control Tower Heater with Remote, Medium, Black
Offered by Golden Arowana
Price: $74.90
19 used & new from $48.00

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd-3rd degree burns and fire hazard, October 25, 2013
We got three of these for the bedrooms to help keep warm at night. My toddler decided to warm herself very closely right after her bath, and before I knew it her bare leg had touched the grill in front. Instant burns in the grill lattice shape and not just red, but crispy skin. It was awful and took a long time to heal.

While it does turn off if tipped over, I can also see the grill being that hot as a fire hazard. But even if that weren't the case it is still a fire hazard as we've had two of them burn out and we've seen sparks.

Will not get these again.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd-3rd degree burns and fire hazard, October 25, 2013
Edit: This is actually a review for the shorter version of this heater. I still stand by what I say though.

We got three of these for the bedrooms to help them keep warm at night. My toddler decided to warm herself very closely right after her bath, and before I knew it her bare leg had touched the grill in front. Instant burns in the grill lattice shape and not just red, but sort of crispy skin. It was awful and took a long time to heal.

Will not get these again.

Scalp Scrubbie 3-pk, Sterile Sponge Scrub Bristle Brush
Scalp Scrubbie 3-pk, Sterile Sponge Scrub Bristle Brush
Offered by Scalp Scrubbie
Price: $8.25
2 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Not just for babies., August 25, 2013
I love these things! A huge thank you to whoever invented them. I didn't use them much on my babies but I use them every day now for my autistic son. Brushing his skin with it calms him down and focuses him so he can do his work and pay attention. I had to order more so he could keep one at school. :)

Bendaroos Mega Pack 500 Pieces
Bendaroos Mega Pack 500 Pieces
Offered by J.WALKER LLC
Price: $33.99
18 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not great with pets, October 12, 2012
Got these for the kids and they were somewhat fun. The things we made with them fell apart rather easily however. But the real reason we stopped using them is the cats. The cats kept eating them! They were making themselves sick. So they're just sitting on a shelf and have been for the last couple of years. Need to find a friend who wants them and doesn't have pets.

Flipped
Flipped
by Wendelin Van Draanen
Price: $6.61
448 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Flipped (Paperback)
I went in to read this with a very bad attitude. It was assigned to my 11 year-old daughter's advanced reading group and she showed it to me. My intial reaction was that I give her good books to read like Island of the Blue Dolphins, Prydain Chronicles, etc. and THEY give her silly middle-school romances?? So I looked at it. Wasn't impressed first chapter. Second chapter I was slightly interested. By the third and fourth I was intrigued. And then I was in love. It was actually really good.

Why would they assign this book in school? Because it isn't really a romance. It looks like it from the cover, and there is definitely puppy-love in there, but it isn't the point. It is learning to really SEE the world around you and underneath and inside people. To learn to have compassion for others. It helps you understand point-of-view as it is told from both the main characters' view. And it is fun! My emotions were all over the place--I laughed, I was angry, and I cried (probably because Juli's father's relationship with his brother hits very, very close to home.) I was also taken back to being a kid again myself. I remembered the gorgeous boy in 8th grade who made my heart flutter even though he was a shallow jerk. I remembered when I first felt the world was such a magical, beautiful place, so much more than what it seemed.

It wasn't perfect, and Bryce's character development could have used a little work at the very end, but I liked it very much overall. I liked how it emphasized the need for real, deep, relationships--a lesson every person needs to learn at some point.

Big Brother, Little Brother
Big Brother, Little Brother
by Marci Curtis
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it and and you can tell them what is appropriate, August 17, 2012
My son got this through a reading program when he was 2 1/2. He is now 8. He still loves this book. Yes, the kids are sometimes doing things that I would not approve of my son doing, and I was a little worried about it at first. But I tell him when we read something if it is appropriate or not. He has never imitated those behaviors (even though he likes to act out stories.) But he is interested in what they are doing and giggles the whole time he reads them doing things he's not allowed to do.

Mostly though this is just a fun, silly book about brothers playing together but also having helpful, loving moments. My son loves it for it's silliness, and also probably because he identifies with the boys and wishes he had a brother (he has three sisters.) I'd get this for any little boy or girl--with the expectation that a parent would responsibly tell their children what is appropriate behavior.

I came to Amazon just now to look for a replacement because it has been a well-loved book and is finally falling apart.

The Comic Book Bible
The Comic Book Bible
by Rob Suggs
Price: $5.99
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY happy--great for child with autism, June 21, 2012
This review is from: The Comic Book Bible (Paperback)
I'm really happy with this book. I have a son with autism and this book is perfect for him, and my other kids like it too. My kids are from ages 3-11, and my son is 8. My son prefers cartoony, simple illustrations as pictures that are too busy or realistic overwhelm him visually. This is perfect, and very simple. I love that it has actual quotes from the KJ bible up above (that is the version we use at church.) But the text of the comic is simple enough that he can understand most of it, and what he doesn't, I can easily explain.

My son REALLY needs visuals to help him understand as simply listening to stories is very hard for him, so I was really grateful to find this book. We have other scriptural picture books, but this one has been the most helpful. My son loves comics so this is right up his alley.

The only problem I had with this book is that the first few pages fell out the second time I opened it and no one but me had touched it yet. But, I still liked the book so much I just taped the pages back in and used it as is. Not sorry I got it at all--not even enough to give it four stars instead of five.

Stephanie
Stephanie
by Jack Weyland
56 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Weyland is great, June 1, 2012
This review is from: Stephanie (Hardcover)
I read several of his books when I was a pre-teen and teenager. I found he had a good touch on how teens feel, especially LDS teens. To say they made an impact on me would be an understatement. Stephanie was one of those.

Lindsey Jackson's: Pilates Essentials
Lindsey Jackson's: Pilates Essentials
DVD ~ Lindsey Jackson
Price: $13.70
23 used & new from $1.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, I understand what I'm doing!, May 20, 2012
I watched this on netflix streaming originally, but it has been taken off and now I'm buying it! Great for beginners, and helps clarify everything for those who've never quite "got" what they were supposed to be doing (like me!) I finally understand the importance of HOW I hold my body position and I am working out much more efficiently and feel myself getting stronger. The pace is slow, so if you are more advanced and already understand what you are doing you may find this tedious. But if you are easing into exercise I would definitely recommend it. There are three levels to work at to slowly build yourself up.

I'd developed an unstable pelvis with my pregnancies and learned the hard way that I have to be very careful and choosy with my workouts so that I don't overly strain my pelvic joints (and still strengthen the core muscles.) I injured myself badly with other workouts. I finally feel with this video that I can slowly strengthen myself without too much joint strain. After this video left netflix, I tried another pilates workout on there, and sadly hurt myself again--the pace was too fast, the forms too difficult and too soon for me.

I'd recommend this to anyone who needs a good understanding of the basics or needs to ease gently into exercise.

Page: 1 | 2