Profile for Daniel Houshmand > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel Houshmand "The Man, The Myth, The Legend" RSS Feed (USA)

Birthing the Elephant: The Woman's Go-For-It! Guide to Overcoming the Big Challenges of Launching a Business
by Karin Abarbanel
Price: $13.15
123 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, gets right to the point with lots of helpful information!, April 7, 2008
My wife is currently in school to obtain her doctorate in Physical Therapy. I thought this would be an ideal book to help her understand the "ins" and "outs" of running her own business. Now I can barely pry the book out of her hands! What an ideal gift...She loves it.

Planon DPENR700 Docupen R700 B&W Pen Scanner
Planon DPENR700 Docupen R700 B&W Pen Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing available currently for portable scanning...., October 24, 2005
Although I would like some type of "high-tech" mobile scanner like Kiefer Sutherland uses in the show "24"....that's a few years off...LOL. Anyway, this thing is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. As far as text is concerned the resolution is adequate for my needs, and probably the vast majority of users. With regards to graphics, it is the only hand/pen scanner that can scan graphics, but with a limited resolution (200dpi). Overall, this docupen is great. I did notice however that if you do alot of mobile scanning and don't necessarily have the ability to dump the info immediately into a computer...space becomes limiting. I've decided to get a "handful" of them (no pun intended), so that I'm never caught short of memory and space. I will let you know that I was able to easily scan about 50 pages of text at decent resolution with little or no difficulty (with alot of room left over). It saved the the hassle of looking for a copier where I was on-site working. One thing to know: there is supposed to be a "calibration sheet" enclosed in the package that "tunes up and calibrates" the pen. After looking around for it to no avail in the package, the customer service department let me know it was on the installation disc as a file that can be printed out and scanned for calibration purposes. Other than that, like I said, it's simple, effective and quite honestly the only product that's currently on the market that can scan and store text and graphics on the fly. If you need something that absolutely must have the flexibility of incorporating graphics this is the only game in town...and as I've already indicated I couldn't be happier (unless someone develops a tablet sized pc that has a printer and a scanner built right into the system).

Oh, one additional thing: people do give you a second glance or two when using one of these things.....they either think you are a: 1) Spy like James Bond, 2) Alien here observing humans, 3) Traveller from the future or 4) High tech geek (LOL).

I hope this product is as useful for you as it is for me.