Profile for Janet Camp > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Janet Camp RSS Feed (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
SPF¨ Ladies Premium Long Sleeve Sun Protective UPF 50+ Tee-Chocolate-Small
SPF¨ Ladies Premium Long Sleeve Sun Protective UPF 50+ Tee-Chocolate-Small
Offered by The SPF® Store

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit thin and didn’t hold up to much laundering., December 1, 2014
I still wear them for yard work, but the quality is below average. They don’t hold their shape at all and look like pajamas after only a few washings. They didn’t cost much, so I’m not unhappy, just wouldn’t get any more.

Neanderthal Man: In Search of Lost Genomes
Neanderthal Man: In Search of Lost Genomes
by Svante Pääbo
Price: $17.96
43 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure science and pure magic., December 1, 2014
A fascinating and firsthand tour of the world of retrieving ancient DNA. Very exciting stuff and well told by Paabo. I have followed this since college (ancient times!) and have always been biased in favor of Neaderthals being present in our genome (not all of us, of course), so was delighted with the “happy ending”.

The Improbable Primate: How Water Shaped Human Evolution
The Improbable Primate: How Water Shaped Human Evolution
by Clive Finlayson
Price: $20.48
91 used & new from $12.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite read on the subject, December 1, 2014
Not my favorite read on the subject. A bit dry. I haven’t finished it, so can’t speak to the overall academic integrity, but it seems to be factual. I have a degree in anthropology.

Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Mesh Strainers, Set of 3
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Mesh Strainers, Set of 3
Price: $14.95
8 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to the colander., December 1, 2014
These are nice and I use them a lot, but I have found they are for light duty only. Pasta sticks to them and cleaning it off would soon leave them misshaped, so I use the regular colander for that. They are nice for rinsing small fruit (berries, etc) and straining things.

Honey-Can-Do SFT-01166 Soft Storage Chest, Black Folding Trunk Organizer
Honey-Can-Do SFT-01166 Soft Storage Chest, Black Folding Trunk Organizer
Price: $11.70
27 used & new from $10.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but not great., December 1, 2014
Somewhat flimsy--doesn’t hold its form when you pick it up. I have to move it in and out of the back cab of my truck, and it all but collapses when I move it. It needs some reinforcement.

Cuisinart MCP19-18N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 2-Quart Saucepan with Cover
Cuisinart MCP19-18N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 2-Quart Saucepan with Cover
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pan!, December 1, 2014
A good basic pan for reasonable price. I use it a lot and have no complaints. I am a good cook and like nice things. This fits the bill without emptying the wallet.

Is That a Fact?: Frauds, Quacks, and the Real Science of Everyday Life
Is That a Fact?: Frauds, Quacks, and the Real Science of Everyday Life
by Joe Schwarcz
Price: $13.20
76 used & new from $4.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading for the reason-inclined--and not., December 1, 2014
Joe Schwarcz is smart, funny, and engaging. He will make logic and reason the easy default position to adopt and rid you of your silliest notions.

The Grand Budapest Hotel [HD]
The Grand Budapest Hotel [HD]
DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, December 1, 2014
I expected to love, love this film, but turned it off after 1/2 hour. It’s just not my thing, which isn’t necessarily a bad review of the film itself. I suggest reading a synopsis before viewing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 11:35 PM PST

Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Offered by YUKLON
Price: $84.14
20 used & new from $78.50

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit fussy..., December 1, 2014
I’ve had difficulty with the “hold” feature (doesn’t seem to work often), and was also disappointed that you have to turn the thing back on after each removal from the base. I use it for pourover coffee preparation which means that I wait for the first batch of water to drip through before adding more. When you put the pot back on the base you have to start the whole thing up again and wait til it gets back up to temperature. I’m getting used to it, but it isn’t quite what I expected. I got it on sale at a very good price, otherwise I don’t think I’d keep it. It takes more fussing than just putting the kettle on simmer and keeping it just under the boiling point.

Knitter's Pride Spectra Trendz Multi-Color Acrylic Deluxe Interchangeable Long Tip Knitting Needle Set 700102
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for travel., December 1, 2014
Not the finest needles out there, but a great set to travel with and they do the job just fine. The different colors are fun but can sometimes clash a bit with the yarn being used, but surely there are bigger problems in the world?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7