Profile for A. Hudson > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 307

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Hudson "bisou bisou" RSS Feed (North Carolina)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Motorola Focus360 Remote Wireless Indoor and Outdoor Video Baby Monitor with 3.5" Color LCD Screen
Price: $399.99
3 used & new from $350.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Well designed...but with flaws., July 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Updated: July 12, 2014: I originally gave the camera 4 stars. Since writing the review, the lag is so bad, it takes several minutes to switch or recognize the device. If I am viewing the outdoor camera and need to switch to my daughter's bedroom, it just does not compute. And if it does, it takes several minutes! Also, controlling the outdoor camera, there is such a lag, it is almost useless. My daughter went on a walk with her grandpa last night and I was hoping to watch them walk down the driveway but the camera would not move. It finally did after they were out of view. Speaking of above, most cameras I have that have add on cameras, you can view all of the cameras on one screen, split or whatnot. With this one, you can only view one. That might be a deal breaker for some.

When I ordered this, I did not know what to expect. I have used Motorola products before and have been impressed by them but I have not tried a baby monitor or camera by them.

Opening the box it is very simple to understand what plugs in where and what tools you will need. You will need a small Philips head screwdriver for the battery case on the monitor and a drill to mount the outdoor camera. The cords are coded with an icon of the cameras which is very easy to understand where it plugs in. I appreciate the longer cords. Both the monitor and indoor camera have longer cords that I am not used to. I am used to Lorex cameras and they have black cords and are not as long. These have white cords which blend nicely into my interior. The outdoor camera has a black cord which is perfect to keep it out of sight.

I want to point out the outdoor camera is NOT weatherproof, it is weather resistant. The camera itself is inside a glass dome, it is not meant to be in direct contact with the elements. I thought about placing it on my deck but there is not enough coverage from the rain if a storm comes in. Not only would you ruin the camera you will not be able to see anything if the glass dome gets wet. I can't express it enough; weather resistant means you need to have some sort of protection from the elements. I have a front covered porch with two windows. Both windows have black shutters. I drilled it into the black shutter and it blends in nicely. I placed it there because it was well covered under the porch and also the power supply could be plugged in underneath. I tucked the wiring under the shutter and it looks very nice. With the indoor camera I mounted it above my toddler's window (inside) facing her room. Again, there was an outlet right below it.

Once the cameras are plugged in, they pair instantly. I believe I read that you can't turn down the volume. I was able to turn down the volume on mine, on the monitor. However, if the camera and the monitor are out of range, it will beep to alert you. I am used to seeing `out of range' on the monitor but this one beeps instead and has a Motorola logo on the screen, you will know you lost the connection.

Visibility during the day is amazing! The outdoor camera, you control it from the monitor. It turns left, right, up, and down with the buttons on the left. I have noticed there is a huge lag and sometimes it takes awhile before it moves. However, where the camera is placed, I can see the sides of the house from both sides of the camera, zoom in 2X! You can move it up and down; I am very impressed with how far the camera moves. You will hear a little whirling sound on both cameras when it is controlled with the monitor. At night the outdoor camera, the infrared is just good, not great. You can make things out but not that well. I keep the porch light on so anything on the porch I can see perfectly. If I turn it out, the night vision icon comes on and you can tell it is grainy. The indoor camera has decent night vision, I can tell if my daughter is in bed but if you need to move the camera, it does whirl as stated above and might wake the child.

If you need to take the monitor around it has a kickstand and antenna to take from room to room. With the click of the `OK' button it changes from each camera. Again, there can be a lag and it takes almost a minute before the button realizes it needs to switch over to the other camera, annoying but not enough to do anything about.

What I do not like:

* As stated above, there is a lag when you move the camera around. That annoys me if my daughter is running around and the camera will not move.
* Range is good, could be better. Oddly enough, the farther away I am, the better it works. There must be some sort of obstruction because I can be a few feet from the outdoor camera on the other side of the wall and I have nothing on the monitor. Again, it does not state `out of range' but will beep and show the Motorola logo. If I go to the back of the house, it works. No rhyme of reason. I have other devices that work in that room so I am not sure what the interference is.
* The color on the monitor at night is nothing impressive. During the day, both cameras are excellent!

If you need to put the monitor in standby mode, all you do is tap the power button and it puts it in standby. One touch back on it and it is on! I like this feature since you don't have to power the whole unit down. Perfect if on your nightstand and you need to turn the camera on in a second.

All and all I am very impressed. I did not think the monitor size would be big enough. I have another one that is 5 inches so I thought the 3.5 would be too small, not the case. It seems perfect. It is a well designed monitor.

I am going to give it a solid 4 stars. The fact that is does not always transmit and the night vision is lackluster, I am taking away a star. However, it is still a wonderful system. I have used this for a few weeks and plan to update my review if anything changes.

I also wanted to add it does have an AV out. Someone noted that you can't hook this up to a TV, I believe with this cable Motorola Audio Visual Cable for MBP 33 and MBP36 Digital Video Baby Monitors, it would work. However, keep in mind if you hook it up to your big screen TV, the resolution is going to be horrible. The smaller the monitor/TV, the better.

Aladdin Original Insulated Mason Tumbler, 20-Ounce, Aqua
Aladdin Original Insulated Mason Tumbler, 20-Ounce, Aqua
Price: $7.99
17 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for hot weather!, July 8, 2014
I bought the aqua one because it was honestly cheaper. I bought two and love them so much I came back and bought more!

I am surprised by the some of the negative reviews. The one about it being deceptive about the size is not true. It does hold 20 ounces, I tested that theory tonight. I poured in a 20 ounce Vitamin Water and it fit. Sure it was close to the rim but it fit. Granted, if you add ice to any cup you are going to lose space. That is just a given to me. I also read someone said the aqua is not as pictured. I disagree. It looks just like the photo.

I actually bought this for my daughter and added one for myself. We live in North Carolina and it is hot here right now. I add a few ice cubes and add half vitamin water and the rest spring water. Earlier today I took one to take a nap with me and placed it on the nightstand. It was nice to not spill it over with the lid. When I woke up, the ice cubes, four hours later, were still in the cup!

Someone else stated it does not fit in a cup holder, that is a given to me as well. It is larger is size. It is also insulated. It looks like it is glass with a metal lid but it is plastic and does not weigh much. It is perfect for my toddler daughter. She gets distracted when drinking and is prone to spilling her cups forward, this is preventing it now.

I love these cups! The only negative I would say is they did arrive with some scratches on them but they are plastic. It is not enough for me to vote it down and you can only see it if you look up close.

With the hot weather, these are perfect for around the house or sitting outside. I love them as does my daughter!

Ouddy Classic Wood Rolling Pin
Ouddy Classic Wood Rolling Pin
Offered by Ouddy
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for smaller hands!, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Ouddy Classic Wood Rolling Pin
My older rolling pin was well over 30 years and was showing signs of wear. I was happy to try this rolling pin out. I liked that it looked smaller than a standard rolling pin. I have tiny hands and roll smaller items so I knew the size would work.

I have used this to make homemade pizza dough. I was very surprised at how well this pin works. It glides over the dough very easily! I used extra flour on the pin so it did not stick and it rolled it perfectly to size. It was so easy to hold my three year old daughter wanted to help me. She was having so much fun rolling the dough out and helping me place it on a pan.

I seasoned the pin prior to use with oil and cleaned it with a damp cloth and it was clean. I expect with time it will only work better, which is going to be hard to do since it works so well.

Very impressed and love the smaller size! I was provided a sample item.

Love Hangers® - Top Quality Velvet Clothes Hangers - Very Strong, Slim, Space-Saving, Non-Slip Closet & Coat Hangers - Luxuriously Flocked, No Slip, Thin, Notched, Space Saver for Skirts, Scarves - Unique & Unusual Mother's Day Gift For Her, Women - Multiple, Bulk Sets of 10 - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE (Purple Orchid)
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Can even hang a skirt on these!, July 2, 2014
I have been using these hangers for weeks now. I finally have used all of them. I also use them several times a week. If I find one free in my closet, I actually get excited!

I use these on my wider opening tops which are slick on regular plastic hangers. I can’t tell you how many times I have had shirts sitting on the bottom of my closet because they were too wide and slippery for the plastic ones I buy. With these hangers, they almost grab/hug your shirts. Even if the hanger is tilted in the closet, it is not going to move from this hanger, it stays on there!

I have found these to be handy with shirts that also have belts that come with them. You can easily place the belt in the inner heart and never have to worry about losing an outfit. You can also hang a skirt on this. I ran out of pant hangers and placed a skirt on one of these hangers and it has not moved which means no wrinkles and also it stays in place!

Very nice and handy to have, I think every woman should have a few of these in their closet

Sample item provided.

Best Vitamin C Serum Beautifies Face: SALE! Shown to Restore Facial Skin ~ FADES Sun Spots, Age Spots, Fine Lines & Wrinkles ~ #1 in Luxury Skin Care Anti Aging Products With Organic Vitamin C + E + Hyaluronic Acid Serum ~ Want The Finest For Your Face? 1 Fl. Oz. Of Beauty!
Offered by Day by Day Beauty
Price: $37.95
2 used & new from $18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, July 2, 2014
I discovered hyaluronic acid as a beauty product not too long ago and now consider it an essential part of my daily skin regimen. This vitamin C serum also contains vitamin E and hyaluronic acid so I felt I would like it but did not imagine it would work as well as the hyaluronic acid. I wanted to stay loyal to my original find and not give this the full five stars, but negative aspects are hard to find!

Here are the comparisons I found:

- this serum is indeed more a liquid than a gel. This is neither a pro nor a con for me. I find that the liquid seems to spread further and more easily, and yet I started with the gel first and like it immensely.

- the pump on this serum seems easier to control than the one on my favorite hyaluronic acid.

- this serum works really well; I do think the areas under my eyes responded slightly better to the other hyaluronic serum I used, but the difference is minimal. Both make my pores smaller, moisturize well, and smooth my skin.

I would encourage others to try several varieties and brands of highly rated beauty serums to see what works best for their individual skin. I can recommend this as one of the serums to give a try. Please do wait a few minutes for the serum to be absorbed before applying anything else. Some users complain that these serums are sticky, but that stickiness goes away in just a few minutes, leaving your skin smooth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 8:07 AM PDT

[Lifetime Hassle-Free Warranty] Gear Beast Premium Nylon/Neoprene Sports Armband for Apple iPhone 5 & iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c & iPod Touch [5th Gen] & More [WITHOUT CASE] (Blue)
Offered by Gear Beast
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, I can workout with my iPod Touch!, July 2, 2014
I own a 5th generation iPod Touch that I use for hours a day. It seems the cases for it do not have clips on them anymore. Also, I never wear pockets so I am not able to place it on me if I am around the house, working out, or running.

I was thrilled to receive this item for review. My iPod Touch fits perfectly in the pouch and I place it on my right arm. You have full control of the buttons and the ear jack is visible for your headphones. I did not know if I would like the color but I find it very attractive. It seems vibrant which is nice when you are jogging, it catches ones eye when you are coming down the street.

I have used this most on my stationary exercise bike. I used to not ride as long because I was always losing my iPod and without music, I am not as motivated. Now, I find myself exercising longer. I have been using this for a few weeks and the band does not move but also does not feel restricting. I also love to clean the house with it and listen to my favorite music.

Very durable, vibrant, and practical! I knew I would use it but I find that if I am not using my iPod sitting down, I am reaching for this pouch. I was surprised that when working out my arm does not sweat but it stays dry. I believe it is the material.

If you own a 5th generation iPod Touch and are sick of trying to find somewhere to place it, this is perfect!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 7:20 PM PDT

Hyaluronic Acid Serum 2 OZ! With Vitamin C, Vitamin E & Green Tea | Great For Face, Fine Lines, Wrinkles And Dry Skin | HUGE 2 Oz | Moisturizing Serum For Skin | Loaded with Antioxidants For Youthful, Clear, Vibrant Skin - 100% Money Back Guarantee (If you're not satisfied it's on us - keep the bottle and get a refund)
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 2, 2014
In my own defense, let me state that I’ve tried several hyaluronic acid serums and like all that I have tried. I have not yet found one that I would not use, but do want to find the very best one for my individual skin.

My first test for a new one is the serum itself – how my skin feels when and after I apply it and if it says what it claims to do. Then I compare the method to dispense the serum to see how that compares. For me, this serum was top-notch for how it felt on my skin and how my skin responded to it. Especially today (after using it for about 10 days), I noted that my skin looked the best it has in ages after cleansing my face, applying the InstaNatural hyaluronic acid serum, a light moisturizer, and then my make-up. Like all the serums I have tried, this does take a few minutes to soak in and be absorbed. If one tries to put make-up on too quickly, it can feel sticky. That is a common trait for all the ones I have tried and not a flaw for any of them. Once my face has absorbed this serum, it feels soft and very smooth. The bonus I appreciate for this particular one is that some of the fine lines around my eyes and mouth are greatly diminished. My makeup goes on very smoothly also.

At first, I did not like the eye dropper as the method to get the serum out of the bottle. The eye dropper not only has serum inside of it, but when it is lifted from the bottles, it is coated on the outside with the serum. Fortunately, the serum adheres to the outside and does not drip off, so all I do is slide my fingers over the outside to get some of the serum. None is wasted and it has become quite easy for me to do. Since none is ever wasted, I have no complaint about the dropper now. One brand I tried is very thin while this one is thicker but still very easy to apply.

The company advertises a 100% money back guarantee if a customer is not satisfied. Since I love the serum, I would not take that offer. The product I received free for an honest review and I have to say, I honestly love it! I would highly recommend this product to others.

Eye Cream For Dark Circles, Puffiness, Wrinkles & Bags - 1.7 OZ | Best Under Eye Gel Treatment Solution For Crows Feet, Dry Skin, Fine Lines, Eye Bags & Sagging Eyes | By InstaNatural - With Plant Stem Cells, Hyaluronic Acid, Matrixyl 3000, Cucumber, Peptide Complex, Cucumber, Aloe, MSM & More! 100 DAYS 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Near perfection, July 2, 2014
This is the second product from InstaNatural I was provided to review and the second one that gets a five star rating from me. I love the fact that it is not tested on animals and has 75% organic ingredients. I love the way it works on my skin. I even love the container because it is so easy to dispense the gel when using it.

Hyaluronic acid serum is my favorite serum for my face since it works well in softening my skin, erasing fine lines, and providing an excellent base for my make-up. This product contains the hyaluronic acid as well as other ingredients that work together to increase skin elasticity while toning down dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. The reason I would call it near perfection is that while it helps with my dark circles, nothing I have found totally eliminates them. I was told by an allergist years ago that my dark circles are “allergic shiners” so I’m not sure they can ever be completely eliminated. Only two products I have ever used minimized the darkness and this one costs 1/5 what the other one costs!

I do not like nor dislike the smell. It is very faint and does smell a bit like a cucumber. The gel itself goes on smoothly and only requires a small squirt to cover under my eyes. I have also tried the gel on my entire face and that only requires a slightly larger squirt. The product goes far. As with many serums, this one does need a few minutes to be fully absorbed and will feel sticky if you don’t wait long enough to put on your makeup after using it.

I did notice a precaution on the label - “Product contains tree nuts.” My allergies do not include tree nuts, but if you have those allergies, I would not recommend this serum. Otherwise, I would highly recommend it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 5:13 PM PDT

BioGanix Organic Pure Yacon Root Extract Premium | Natural Weight Loss and Prebiotic and Probiotic Supplement | Rich in Antioxidants | Curbs Appetite and Boost Metabolism | Stabilize Blood Sugar | Buy Yacon Syrup Extract pills while on SALE - HURRY! (60 Veggie Capsules)
Offered by BioGanix
Price: $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps digestive issues and weight loss!, June 30, 2014
For the last few months, I have had a small amount of weight I have wanted to drop. It is not much, but enough to bother me.

When I heard of this, I was excited to try it. I have never heard of Yacon syrup before but now know it is extracted from the roots of the Yacon plant. People use it to improve their kidney and also digestive disorders. It is also used for diabetes. I believe it is the sugar part, it is like molasses.

I received this on a weekend and took one when I woke up, and also one when I go to bed. I do not take it with food but before. I noticed the first day it did suppress my appetite. When I ate, I did not eat much. In fact I usually eat three meals a day; I have been eating two with a snack during the afternoon.

Please keep in mind this is a short term way to lose weight. You also might want to start it on the weekend because it does clear your systems out. Basically, if you are having issues not going, such as people who use prune juice to get things moving, this can be taken in place of that. Basically, like adding a lot of fiber in your diet.

I recommend starting at a low dose and working your way up. I started at two pills a day on the first day then changed to one in the morning and after a few days, started taking the other one at night. You will notice you will not be as hungry but if you do eat more you might feel a bit nausea. I did one day and the next day did not go for the extra snack and that took care of it. I also drink only water which helps aids with digestion.

I have lost a few pounds in only a few days but that was my goal. Again, I was looking for something short term and this proved to be it. I am going to finish the bottle though and keep monitoring my weight and diet. I am very impressed with the ease of the pills as well. They are on the larger side however they are light and go down easily. All around, I am very impressed and would recommend for short term use.

Sample item provided.

Unremarried Widow: A Memoir
Unremarried Widow: A Memoir
by Artis Henderson
Price: $17.31
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt and Healing, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are times in life when we experience such strong feelings that mere words cannot convey our emotions and reactions to others. Artis Henderson is a writer who shatters that paradigm and brings the reader into her deeply personal journey as a child who loses her father and, years later, as a wife who loses her husband, both quite unexpectedly. The editor of the book describes the writing as “impeccable prose” and it is that and more.

This is not a book with lots of action and suspense. Readers are informed in the beginning of the deaths, but have no idea of the intense honesty and introspection they soon find. The book has a few chapters where the time of events are not-chronological, but the story is easy to follow unlike some others where time transitions are used but are not smooth.

The author’s feelings, thoughts, worries, even youthful inexperience, is laid bare as she tells her story as the wife of an Army helicopter pilot who dies in a helicopter crash in Iraq. Her entry to the military culture with its language of acronyms and unique sayings is awkward. She also finds the military’s expectations of spouses to be unrealistic but brings in other spouses’ attitudes and opinions to show a wider and more total range of how many military spouses, and widows, feel.

I felt as though I was sharing a heartfelt conversation with a dear friend as I read the book. We are in the same generation and although I have not personally experienced the losses and events that the author did, I am familiar enough with the military culture to understand her difficulties with the overall culture, language, frequent relocations, and separations from loved ones due to military orders. The author shows how she found healing as she transitioned from her life as she imagined it while young, to her acceptance of her life as a military spouse, to her category on her newly issued military ID card as an unremarried widow, to where she is now as a successful writer living in New York. She shared her heartbreaking journey and follow-on healing with honesty and clarity and as a reader, I feel privileged to have journeyed with her.

This is no doubt the best book I have read in quite a long time and I highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20