Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Ame Perdue > Reviews

Browse

Ame Perdue's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1450
Top Reviewer Ranking: 340

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ame Perdue RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
KitchenAid KKFTR5SUOB Classic Forged Series Triple Rivet Serrated Utility Knife, Onyx Black, 5.5"
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect knife for several kitchen jobs!, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a knife set that I use daily. However, sometimes when I am making a sandwich, the knives are not what I am looking for. Plus they are on the other side of the kitchen and I wanted something closer. I have a utensil drawer where I prep my food and placed this knife in there.

This is great for slicing the tomato. Sometimes my knives will press down on the tomato but this one slices perfectly. It is also great at slicing the bread. I think the best use I have found is slicing lemons. I love lemons and use one a day. This is great at cutting through the thick skin and leaving even slices for the lemon. I also used it on some small red potatoes tonight for dinner. It seems to work well with thicker skins. It does not squash whatever it is you are cutting.

I think this is going to be my favorite knife when in the kitchen. You can place it in the dishwasher but I am used to washing my knives by hand and prefer to do so. It washes well and it is then ready for the next time I need to use it. I love this knife and think it will be used daily here.

Women's Skin & Oral Care Beauty Sample Box ($14.99 credit with purchase)
Women's Skin & Oral Care Beauty Sample Box ($14.99 credit with purchase)
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Third sample box and least favorite..., May 24, 2016
This is the third sample box I purchased. I love my other two sample boxes. This one is my least favorite. I was aware of what you are getting, but I guess the sample sizes were surprising to me. If you are subscribed to any beauty magazines, you would get most of these samples in the magazine. Also, when I order something from an online beauty store, they include samples. Don’t get me wrong, the laundry and energy drink sample boxes I bought I love! This one is just very tiny for the price and not much to it.

I am fine that the amount goes back to the items purchased. I read the fine print prior to ordering. I even knew what products I was going to get. I guess I just did not expect them to be so small.

Classic Accessories 55-568-011501-00 Veranda Round Patio Table Cover, Medium
Classic Accessories 55-568-011501-00 Veranda Round Patio Table Cover, Medium
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick and made well!, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a patio table that I like to take in and out of the house to eat dinner on the back deck. The only reason I take it in and out, I didn’t want it to get dirty and everything I felt in the stores did not feel thick enough to protect the table.

I was surprised at how well this is made. It is very thick and I love the bottom how you can pull the string and it tightens. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it works great! It has help up through several rainy days and nights and also through the sun. It comes off the table easily and is also easy to put back on. I have even left place mats on the table, I forgot them, and they were fine the next time I took the cover off.

I love this cover and see it lasting a long time. I am so happy not to drag the table back and forth anymore.

Sleep Master Gel Memory Foam 4 Inch Topper, Queen
Sleep Master Gel Memory Foam 4 Inch Topper, Queen
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $128.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than I thought it would be!, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a memory foam topper on my bed with a cover. It is only two inches but I love it. When I saw this was 4 inches and had the gel top, I knew it would be perfect for my daughter. She is hot blooded and gets very warm in bed. I on the other hand am cold blooded and am always cold. I was looking forward to having the extra support for her queen bed and the coolness.

The day I received it, it arrived well packed. It comes in a box which you slide out. It weighs about 20 pounds, not heavy at all. It is in a duffle type bag. I carried it into the bedroom and opened it on the bed. I had the wrong side up but you cut the plastic at the end, which I just removed the plastic as I flipped it over so the blue side was up.

I waited for it to rise. At first it felt almost too soft. However, as it grew, it firmed up. I then added a nice mattress cover over it that fits all the layers, including the mattress. Once it was covered, it did not move which is nice. Three of us tested it out. Myself, my daughter, and my mother stopped by to try it. I like the height it gave the bed. It has a firm feel to it but yet it feels like it hugs your body, I guess it literally is the perfect support we were looking for.

I saw a few pictures of the seams not meeting or it not lasting. Granted, we just received it but the seams are perfect! As far as breaking down, if it does, I will come back to update my review. I have never heard of this brand and did not expect to love it as much as I do but the gel really helps keep the bed cool. Another welcome was no fumes. It’s nice not to have the chemicals that the other memory foam items I have had. I really love this and am glad I decided to try it.

Panasonic Retro Over-the-Ear Stereo Monitor Headphones RP-HTX7-C1 (Cream) Dynamic Accurate Sound, Lightweight and Comfortable, No Mic, Best for iPhone
Price: $45.74
50 used & new from $36.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound is terrible, can't fix them with EQ on device either..., May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a lot of headphones. I own a lot of expensive headphones that sound like you are hearing bands live at a concert when you close your eyes. I also have some really cheap ones that I grab first when I am in bed listen to music, watching music video or movies.

I read a lot of reviews on these prior to ordering them. I see they have been out for several years so was not sure why they were being offered. I noticed one review had a cloth cord; the ones I received do not. I also read people say they are heavy on the bass and that the material around the headphones deteriorates over time.

I don’t like a lot of bass but knew if it was too high, I can use the built in EQ on my iPhone 6S to change the settings. I must say they are not bass heavy at all. This is coming from a person who does not like hearing the heavy bass thump from cars next to me and I turn down my music at the stop lights just to be considerate of others. The sound is really tinny and muddy if you ask me. I tested them with music videos first, it hurt my head with too much treble they have. Mind you, I keep the treble up in my car but these are not clear. I then tried music and then movies. Still sounded the same and trying to change the EQ did not do much to help it.

Fit wise, I was pleasantly surprised they fit my tiny head. They are very adjustable and I love the retro look they have. As far as the material over the ear area, I can see why it falls apart. I am a clean person but just wearing them once, they already picked up a few oils from my ears and face. Sounds disgusting, but I just showered and am a clean freak. I can see how over time that would break down the material and to clean them would also weaken them.

Are the comfortable? Yes they are! More so than the other ones I own. But the fact they sound so terrible, I can’t wear them for a long time. I expected a little more from Panasonic but they just did not deliver with these.

Golden Hill Studio Wine Glasses Hand Painted in the USA by American Artists-Set of 2-Retro Cottage Stripe Orange Collection
Price: $49.74

3.0 out of 5 stars stems are way too thin..., May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking forward to these glasses and was excited when I received then. They arrived wrapped in a thin bubble wrap with the top open and exposed, I was surprised they did not break but they also did not have far to travel.

Looking at the picture, they look like they might be painted white, then orange, then going down to the stem, blue, white, orange. If you are expecting these colors, they are not painted in that design. They are clear, orange, clear, orange, blue, white, and then the orange. I checked these out of several websites prior to ordering and thought they were painted on the whole top part, they are not. It is not a deal breaker for me though, but wanted potential buyers to be aware if you are looking to match them. If you are looking for perfectly straight painted lines, these also are the not the glasses for you. They have a lot of uneven lines which I am OK with. It makes me realize that they are unique and different and not done on a factory line, somebody actually spent the time to paint these. At the bottom of the glass, which is hard to see, around the orange circle, there are little dots, not sure if they are silver or gold, but you can feel them on the glass, they are bumpy. I think it cheapens the look of the glass and not sure why it is added. It is hard to see in the stock photo so I will be adding my own. At the very bottom of the glasses, in silver ink, they are marked with what appears to be initials. I am guessing of the person who painted the glass. It does make it look really cheap when you lift your glass to drink and see the markings on the bottom in a paint pen.

As it states, these are hand wash only. I prefer to wash a lot of my glasses by hand so that is fine with me as well. They are standard size glasses, nothing too big, and not really small. I poured a glass of chilled white wine, can’t say it looked great, for some reason these just aren’t what I thought they would be but they still have a very artistic appeal to them which intrigues me.

Why the three stars? I can live with everything I wrote about above. The deal breaker for me is the stem. I am shocked how thin it is. I pulled out all my other wine glasses and the stems are much thinner than my other glasses. I have other glasses that were just a few dollars and they are the same height and they have thicker stems. If you are holding these, they are very thin and hard to hold if full due to the thin stem. I took pictures so I hope you can see them. When putting the glass down, by the stem, it feels like it might snap. If you share a bottle with someone and get slightly sloppy, these are going to break the minute you put them down a bit too heavy. I feel for the price point they could have picked nicer glasses. By nicer, something more stable, again, I own a very cheap set that looks and feels a lot more sturdy than these. With the wide base and thin stem, I know these are going to snap.

I am only going to use these when I have a special guest to share these with. I will be uploading pictures so you can see the glasses with more details.

DOD TECH DOD-LS470W LS Sony Exmor Powered Full HD Dash Camera with WDR Technology & GPS Logging
Price: $223.63
4 used & new from $223.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Not there yet, sticking to my Thinkware..., May 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If this is your first dash cam, you might think this is the best one out there. With this one being the fourth one I have used, I am not as impressed. Two of the previous ones I used are made by Thinkware. In fact, I removed my Thinkware to test this one. Thinkware to me is not only quality but it has all the features I needed. This is lacking in the hardware area, it feels cheap and the software is not as user friendly.

Setting it up, you have to configure a lot of settings. I am used to them already being defaulted, not turned OFF and having to turn them on. I knew this needed a micro card but I am used to having a small built in storage. This one only operates with a card. With my Thinkware, I have it plugged into a cigarette port and it turns on and off each time I start and turn off the car. This one seems to make it clear that it will start when you start the car but it will remain recording if you don’t turn it off by either unplugging it or turning off the power button. It is recommended you mount it high up so to do so each time would be impossible. It’s easier to just unplug the cigarette plug but I also don’t have time to do so every time I get in and out of the car. I think the company is nervous it might drain your battery because they make it clear in the manual it may drain your battery if you are not careful with the settings you use or if you don’t unplug/power it off. Luckily, mine shuts down when I turn the car off. It might not happen in all cars so please be careful.

The one thing that appealed to me was the screen. I don’t have the screen on any of mine and was impressed with that picture and stamps. You know what you have set up and what it looks like. But then again, my Thinkware is idiot-proof and also wifi, which this one is not. With the Thinkware, I can log into my dashcam and see the camera live on my phone that I love. This camera does not have that many buttons but if you need to hit one while driving, they are not easily located if you place it under your review mirror. There are buttons on the top, left, and right side. On the Thinkware, there are only a few and well designed to the right.

This comes with two mounts, one that is suction, and the other that is 3M tape. I have tried both. I don’t like either one of them. It is almost impossible to remove the camera from the mount. You are supposed to press down on the right side and slide it but each time it feels like it is going to break. It just feels cheap in my hands, sound is very tinny, and software is not user friendly.

The one thing that did impress me is the ISO 12800. This make for great night recording. I have had a bit of a glare but not that bad. The video to me is like being is a fishbowl. They do that so you can see more off to the sides. It might annoy some though.

For the price, I am not impressed and sadly think they need more improvements with the unit. I am already back to my Thinkeware. I tried this one for a few weeks but it frustrated me more. It is not user friendly at all.

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Round Cubic Zirconia 3mm Ring, Size 7
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Round Cubic Zirconia 3mm Ring, Size 7
Price: $8.51

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it is very pretty!, May 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I noticed a few bad reviews on this and figured I would not like it. I am usually the one writing a negative review on jewelry while everyone else is praising it. I seem to get a defective piece, or so I think, or it just really is that bad.

People spoke of this bending. Mine did not. I have bought very expensive jewelry from Amazon the bent so bad before I was able to wear it. I expect this to be gum ball machine quality after reading about the bending, it was not for me. It looks really nice and I wear it on my middle finger. I have worn it with gloves, I have had it for a few weeks now, and it did not snag the gloves at all. Does it move a bit to open or close it? Yes, but mine did not get bent or misshaped.

I actually really like this ring. I am not one for flashy jewelry but this looks nice from afar and I have worn it out and people have complimented me on it. I am very happy with this ring and that is coming from a very picky person who does not wear a lot of jewelry.

Jarrow Formulas Ultra Bone-Up, Promotes Bone Density, 120 Easy-Solv Tabs
Jarrow Formulas Ultra Bone-Up, Promotes Bone Density, 120 Easy-Solv Tabs
Price: $19.97
14 used & new from $19.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ingredients....., May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was interested in trying this product since I had already started taking D3 pills and K2 pills daily after being told I have the early stages of osteoporosis as well as being vitamin D deficient. The Jarrow Formula of Ultra Bone-up includes the best forms of vitamin D as well as K2 plus several other key ingredients, including Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Potassium, Silicon, Boron, and Milk Basic Protein. The bottle cautions that the pills include dairy and soy, but also states there is no wheat, no gluten, no egg, no fish/shellfish and no peanuts/tree nuts.

The main concern I had with starting these pills is the requirement to take 2 tablets three times per day with meals. Since I also have to take several prescriptions daily, I was feeling overwhelmed with taking so many pills and so often every day! I did figure out that since the Jarrow tablets combine the D3 and K2, plus adding so many other beneficial ingredients, it was worth a trial run. The only downfall is that the separate K2 I was taking is 150 mcg while the Jarrow formula has only 90 mcg, but that is listed as 110% DV so that should be okay.

I just started my trial run a short while ago and so far, so good. The pills are not gigantic and are not difficult to swallow. The bottle I have is 120 tablets and at 6 pills per day, that bottle will last 20 days. If my trial is completely successful, I will need to buy the larger bottle with 240 tablets.

I look forward to my next bone scan and doctor’s visit to see how my bones are responding to my new regimen. At this point I can easily recommend that others do a trial run with this formula to see how well they respond to it.

L'il Critters Barbie Complete Multivitamin Gummies, 190 Count
L'il Critters Barbie Complete Multivitamin Gummies, 190 Count
Offered by Junebug Logistics
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars my daughter is already on them, love them!, May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is five years old and takes gummy vitamins daily. I used to have her take the Disney vitamins but found them to have too much sugar. A few months ago I switched her over to Lil Critter Complete Super Mario Power Ups. They are made the same as these other than the shapes and colors.

I have found these to be very beneficial to her health. She also takes a daily probiotic and she is rarely sick. She is actually one of the few children I know that actually enjoys taking her vitamins. I will admit compared to the Disney ones, these do not have as much sugar which as a parent, I love.

Mine were a tad melted but I can still make out the shapes, they are high heels which as easy to see, a bowtie which I find hard to make out, and a heart which is easy to recognize. Even though these are made by the same company, same amount, and same ingredients, these smell very fruity. I compared them to the Mario ones; the Mario ones did not smell as good. The expiration on my bottle is 07/17.

Since I give my daughter two a day, these will last her about three months. Since we are also finishing off the other bottle, I don’t see myself buying these until the weather cools down. When they start to melt, they all turn slimy. I prefer them to be dry and firm. Since I am testing these, no stars are removed.

I am glad I made the switch over from her Disney vitamins. These will be a staple in our household now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20