Profile for A. Hudson (east coast) Bisou bisou > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 310

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Hudson (east coast) Bisou bisou "ALH" RSS Feed (North Carolina)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Par Avion Hello! Bliss Tea in Artisan Tin
Par Avion Hello! Bliss Tea in Artisan Tin
Price: $43.34
2 used & new from $43.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a chill pill in liquid bliss form!, April 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love drinking loose tea and when I read the description of the tea for Bliss, it was me. “Stressed out, take a chill pill, etc.” Yup, that sums up how I feel on certain days.

I enjoyed reading the part about the lady who made this tea and thought it was brilliant she named it ‘Par Avion’. She stated it means ‘By Air’. Once she moved to the USA her mother would get packages from back home and she remembered the Par Avion written on the packages and smelling the spices.

I did not realize how small 4 ounces was so don’t be surprised at the size but remember loose tea is something you can reuse. It is not like a teabag where you need to dispose of it after the first or second use; you can use loose tea a few times. I put mine in a diffuser and let it steep for five minutes. It has a wonderful aroma to it. My whole kitchen smelled wonderful, very calming. I like the fact that the tea already has stevia in it. I usually add stevia to my tea so it is nice to know all I need to do is add water to the tea. I love the taste of this and had it last night and it seemed to really calm me down. I take a medication, as needed, when I can’t calm down and used this tea in place of it. I also noticed I slept a lot more soundly than I usually do. Perhaps it was the whole calming effect.

For those getting the bliss, it includes: “Organic lemon myrtle, chamomile, mistletoe, honeybush, lemongrass, ginkgo, St. John's Wort, flavors, nettle, star anise, birch leaves, stevia” I have had a lot of lemon myrtle tea with a Numi brand and love it. I also want to mention it is caffeine free, I would hope so with the calming ingredients to it.

I don’t know how much St. John’ Wort is used but please call your Doctor to make sure you can take it if you are on anything that it might interact with. I called my Doctor and was told I was OK. I take an antidepressant and St. John’s Wort can interact with antidepressants and not make them as effective and have the opposite reaction to them. My dose of medicine is so low that I was told it was not a concern.

I love this tea and the canister it came in. I find it a treat in the evening to have a small teapot and sit down and unwind with it with either new age music or sitting on the back porch listen to nature. This would be perfect for any tea lover and would be a wonderful gift with the colorful tin.

Ortho Bug-Geta Snail and Slug Killer, 6-Pound
Ortho Bug-Geta Snail and Slug Killer, 6-Pound
Price: $16.99
7 used & new from $16.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Reputable company and good product, April 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a novice gardener, I decided last year to try planting a small garden with flowers and a few vegetables. I never realized how many products there are for the myriad of problems gardeners encounter! I had problems with the soil and with pests (bugs, beetles, slugs, and snails) so this year I was eager to try various products to reduce my problems.

The pros for this product are

- the ease of use with a package that pours easily and is easy to manage

- a little goes a long way

- can be used on a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, berries, flowers, shrubs, outdoor ornamentals, in greenhouses, and on lawns

- Ortho is a respected name and the product is made in the US

- remains effective after rain or sprinkling for up to 3 weeks

The cons are

- although the Amazon page and one corner of the package states that the product can be used around pets and wildlife, the package also states that there are hazards to humans and domestic animals causing confusion for the user

- when snails and slugs ingest the product, they go off to die, so the test to see if it worked is to examine plants for recent damage from the snails and slugs, and difficult to determine exactly how well it worked.

I just started my garden for this year and am very fearful about using this while caring for a feral cat colony. So far, I have not seen many snails or slugs and the cats are doing fine, but I still worry. I used a minimal amount to test the Bug-Geta and do like the ease of use and it seems to be working, but the fact that it can hazardous is why I reduced it one star.

Smart Weigh SMS500 Digital Bathroom Scale, High Accuracy, Dual Color Weight Change Detection and Smart Step-On Auto Recognition for 8 Users, Silver
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Found my scale!, April 26, 2015
I have a love/hate relationship with scales. I have to take hormone supplements for a medical condition I have. With that, I can add or lose weight, it is never the same. It is usually in the same range though.

The scale I had was really old. It was digital but did not read correctly and you would have to calibrate it a lot. I found that as an excuse to not get it out. If I fit in my clothes, who cares. However, I do have to keep an eye on my weight and I also have a young daughter and need to track her weight as she grows.

When I received this I was blown away with how attractive it was. I feared it might get a lot of smudges and fingerprints on it but I have been using it for weeks and it is just as clean as the first day. When you first step on it, it will display in blue. My daughter and I both used it the same day and it remembered our weight. There is no profile to set or click, it knows what the weight of the person was and stores it. We have been using it several weeks since; I wanted to make sure it red correctly for more than a few days. So far when we step on it will display a green light which means we are in the same weight range or even less. If you lost weight, it will show how many ounces with a minus sign in front of it and how much, or if it is pounds, the same. It seems if we both gained a few ounces we have the red days which means it will show how many ounces we gained. Once this week we have a red day and I personally did not eat as much the next day.

We weight ourselves every morning and it really helps motivate me on what I will eat for the day. At night if I am hungry, I think do I want to see the scale with the red light or green? I opt for the green so don’t overindulge in snacks then. I think this is the perfect scale if you are watching your weight and trying to lose some. My daughter is not losing her any weight but I need to track her weight since she is growing.

Very happy with this and wanted to add the child features comes in handy. I used it for a pet. I love this scale and truly can’t think of another scale that would have the features that this one does not have. I love that it remembers my weight so I don’t have to write it down or log it into a program on my iOS. I am very impressed with the appearance and function.

Provided a sample review for an honest review.

CHI Ceramic Hairstyling 1-Inch Iron, Black
CHI Ceramic Hairstyling 1-Inch Iron, Black
Price: $90.82
3 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Chi, April 26, 2015
I have had a Chi for over ten years and have only had to replace to once. It is the only straightener that does not burn my hair and leaves it straight and shiny! I love my Chi! I have other irons but this is the one I grab when I want perfectly straight hair!

Command Décor Damage-Free Wall Tiles, 3-Pack (2 Chalkboard, 1 Dry Erase)
Command Décor Damage-Free Wall Tiles, 3-Pack (2 Chalkboard, 1 Dry Erase)
Price: $66.67

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of potential but has flaws, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For us Vine reviewers, the product description states that we are reviewing 2 Chalkboard & 1 Dry Erase. However, here is a description of what we received when selecting the product: “You are receiving a 3-Pack of hand picked designs that does NOT match the description of the ASIN above. Please rate the product based on functionality and not art design.”

I noticed the one person who received what appeared to be a nice art picture and a nice picture frame with a white background and a place to add a significant size picture. Since we are not rating the art, I will not add or deduct any stars for it; however, I will disclose what I did receive. I received two art prints and a picture frame that is black with the tinniest area to place a picture, very bleak. My art work is two animal prints that are only gray in color, very hard to match. Since we are not reviewing the art, I will review the product next.

One of the art pieces the art did not transfer well onto the material they use and has a lot of paint/defects in the white area. You can tell by the enclosed pamphlet which has all of the art work in it, it is not supposed to be this way. Both art pieces had no protection over them, only cardboard corners. The picture frame has a thin film layer over it to protect it from scratches. There are the three ‘pictures’, four command hanging strips, three bases attached to the pictures, and one riser. The riser is supposed to add height to the picture if you want to overlap a picture on the wall.

Hanging the pictures is simple. I love the built in level in the base, it makes it super easy to hang without moving it all around. After holding the strip for 30 seconds, it was stuck and has no fallen off. I did not use the riser since the pictures sit out from the wall to begin with.

It is a nice and easy concept but it does not come without flaws. I do not like that on the sides of whatever you are hanging on the wall; you will see the black base. That bothers me. If I was getting a white chalkboard and placing it on a light wall I think the black should be a light color as well.

There is where I am really lost. Even though I was aware we were not reviewing the product that is in the description on the page but rather what was sent to us, why would you pick this set, the three pack that is listed. I ask this because at the time I am writing this review to receive the chalkboard and dry eraser, they are nineteen something. Multiple that times 3 and you are under sixty. So why if you are getting a set are you paying more than paying for the individual pieces? It should not cost more to buy more of a product but less.

I am confused as to why we received art but yet it is not listed for sale on the page. I would easily buy other prints that are in the pamphlet I received but don’t see them listed on the page at all. I will not deduct any stars for that, I understand we are reviewing the product and not what is on it but I would like to buy more. Plus, since I did not receive the chalkboard and dry erasers I can’t sit here and tell you to buy them since I did not try them. Meaning do they erase well? Can I remove the removable ink on the dry erasers without any indentations? These I can’t answer.

Based on the product I tested I would give them a four. Three seems too low; I wish we could give half stars. Again, great idea but it does come with some flaws and if you are willing to accept the flaws, these might be for you.

Gillette CustomPlus Pivot Men's Disposable Razors, 15 Count
Gillette CustomPlus Pivot Men's Disposable Razors, 15 Count
Price: $7.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, April 23, 2015
Bought these because of the coupon, seemed like decent razors. The lubricated strip does not last longer than two shaves and that is only touch ups. They pivot but that does not matter since the two blades barely get anything. I would not buy these again and am going to have a hard time finishing the bag. Sadly, would not recommend. If you buy them because they are a cheap price like me, I would pass.

Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.4 Fluid Ounce
Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.4 Fluid Ounce
Offered by SavingsClub
Price: $29.97
66 used & new from $23.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A clean fresh scent!, April 23, 2015
I have not used Tommy Girl in about 20 years. I guess as grew older I found other scents. However, this spring I really wanted to try it again. I did not remember the exact scent but new it was a spring/summer scent for me.

I am glad I ordered it from Amazon. It arrived fast and wrapped well. The perfume was wrapped in plastic, you know it is new. I sprayed it once on my wrist and can smell the most fabulous scent now. It is light, airy and has scents of soft flowers without the heavy perfume scent. I guess I would just say it is very fresh and clean! It is perfect to put on after a shower; it lingers on my skin all day and smells divine!

This is a timeless scent for me. I can never get enough of it and sick of it. Love it!

The Nutro Company Breakfast Scrambles with Chicken, Egg and Salmon, 3 Oz, Pack of 24
Price: $28.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Eledery cat loves it!, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have two inside cats and also care for a feral cat colony (they are all TNR’d) outside. I was happy to try this food. I decided to let my indoor cat try it. Only one of the indoor cats eats wet food, he is 17 years old and completely blind.

Opening the can, I will admit it smells terrible. He was at my feet meowing for it though. It is a smaller can but this is the size I feed him anyway. He can’t eat too much without getting sick. He gets a can a day or Pro Plan food and dry food the rest of the day. Today the can arrived before feeding so it worked out. Getting it out of the can, it is a lot thicker than other cans I have dealt with. It is not dry, but just thick. I had to really scrape it out of the can. It was stuck on the lid, you name it. I then soaked the can to get the little pieces out and put the can in the recycle bin. As I carried his bowl across the room to his feeding area, he was prancing along with me. He goes purely by scent, which I think all cats do. He smelled it and started inhaling it. I had to tell him to slow down. He cleared the bowl.

I know that vegetables are no something cats need and it is purely for adult appeal. We feel we are feeding them something healthy. However, having a elderly special needs cats, when I find something he will eat and that he can keep down, that is a biggie for me. I think I would give them this food every now and then. Right now he is on a special diet so this was a treat for him. I will be giving the feral cats some of this and also two cats I care for that were re-homed here on my property.

Fisher-Price Octonauts Gup-G Mobile Speeders Launcher
Fisher-Price Octonauts Gup-G Mobile Speeders Launcher
Price: $24.99
16 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Octonauts to the rescue!, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter loves the Octonauts! In the last few months we added to her collection and she has a lot of the Gups that are able to go in the bath. I believe she has three of them along with the characters. I then found some squirt characters that I bought at the local discount store. When she takes a bath, it is Octonaut time. They live in the water so she feels they are really there. She also has all of the stuffed animals for the show.

One thing to note, this Gub is not for the water. I think it will be obvious though with the size and the metal at the bottom of the launchers. I believe there was another launcher in the line, this one Fisher-Price Octonauts Octopod Playset. We do not own that set but I did read it has the launcher and the the speeder cars work with it.

Taking this Gup-G out of the box you will see it is well made. The legs go up and down when you move the wheels back or forth, it is really neat. As an adult, I thought it reminded me of a storm trooper. It comes with with speeders/ launchers, Captain Barnacles comes in the Gup-D and Kwazii comes in the Gup-C. I personally love Peso the most and he is part of the front window sticker. The rollers cars have two metal roller pins on the bottom that make them roll. In the Gup-G you can store your rollers for storage. It only comes with two so I plan to add to the set. I believe there are nine total. I am still trying to figure out what ones they are and when I do, I will provide the links here.

When you launch it, you can launch a total of four at time. Since it comes with two, launching them is not an issue. You place them in the back, walk it, it clicks, you walk it more, and then they come launching out! It seems the more room you have to walk it and surface really factors in. We have wood floors in the main living area and this thing works great on it! If my daughter is playing with it in her bedroom, it does not work as well as the carpet. They just seem to get a lot more distance with the wood floor.

I really like this toy along with my four year old daughter. If your child is an Octonaut fan, I would suggest this toy. I am glad they provided two speeders but am looking forward to adding the additional ones.

Heavy Duty Roller Shower Curtain Rings, Polished Chrome Clipperton RollerRings®, Set of 12
Price: $9.19
4 used & new from $8.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine were rusted in the case they arrived in..., April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After reading all the reviews on these, I was excited to replace the standard plastic shower curtain rings I have had forever. Most of the reviews on here are favorable, and the pictures look promising. I guess I was sent a bad set. Before I even opened the plastic casing, I could see rust on the first one. I then noticed a lot more rust on the others ones. I went ahead and took them out of the plastic and every one has rust on them. The first one had to be the worse which is the one that is showing after being placed in the plastic and before shipping. I guess quality control did not notice this one box.

I did place a few on the curtain I currently had but had to do every other one. You can not see the rust since they are up but it is noticeable that they do not match. I wanted to try them out though. Sadly, I will not have them on long. I am having my bathroom door replaced due to moisture issue and fear the rings will rust more if left on the shower rod.

They do appear to be nice rings. If I had purchased them, I would have returned them and can’t say I would have asked for a replacement since I would have feared the same thing since it was more than one ring. I can see they have a lot of potential but receiving a bad set I can’t recommend them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2015 6:35 PM PDT