Profile for ALH > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 295

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ALH RSS Feed (North Carolina)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve Tablets, Citrus Punch, 10mg, 60 count
Natrol Melatonin Fast Dissolve Tablets, Citrus Punch, 10mg, 60 count
Price: $5.99
21 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Higher MG and it works!, October 16, 2014
I use melatonin every night to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. Most melatonin I have bought is only 3 MG and that is not enough for me. I used to buy one that dissolved in my mouth but they stopped selling it. I then switched to the tablets (that you swallow) but found I had to remember to take them in the kitchen with water and if I was in bed, I would forget. These are perfect because I keep them in my nightstand. If I need one, I can just grab one and don’t have to worry about getting water. The flavor of these are also decent, some melatonin has left a bad aftertaste.

I came back to this page to add this to my subscribe and save. This is the only one that helps me fall asleep, within an hour, and stay asleep. I like that it does not leave my groggy the next day either. Perfect if you want something simple, a higher does than the typical melatonin, and that works!

Arriba Horchata Original Energy Drink, 11 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Arriba Horchata Original Energy Drink, 11 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $37.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Could not drink it..., October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love all energy drinks! I have a 4 year old so if I see an energy drink on sale, I am probably going to pick it up.

When I received this I promptly put it in the fridge. I received one can. I was very tired this morning and decided to give it a try. I use straws in all my cans of energy drinks and placed the straw in hoping to taste a refreshing taste, not the case! I have never had horchata before so I can’t compare the taste but the flavor is something I could not get used to, I thought it was just nasty.

I am surprised this one can also has 200 calories in it! When looking for energy drinks I try to stick to 50 and maybe the most 100 calories. 200 is too high for a drink that taste terrible. Sadly I can’t recommend this drink.

Mead PRO Platinum Heavy-Duty 3-Ring Zipper Binder, 1.5 Inch Capacity, 11.12 x 13.75 x 2.5 Inches, Blue (72866)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for monthly bills!, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those items I did not know I needed until I received it. I had a habit of taking my bills and placing them in a pile in my desk. If I paid it, I was bad at leaving it there and in return, I had a huge pile of paper.

In came this folder. This is perfect if you live alone but yet have that nosy guest that you have seen going through your stuff if you turn your back. I don’t like people looking at my personal/private items and have been using this for weeks. It is easy to add my new bills to it, and remove them and shred them when I pay them. I love how much room this has! Also the zipper and Velcro, I can hear it throughout the whole house so if I am not using it, I know someone else is.

It is bulky but I like that I can add more to it. It holds so much and I like the size because it can’t lose it. Also the color of blue, you can’t miss it when you walk into a room. I have used another Mead binder and I hated this. This one is perfect though with a lot of room to grow!

Always Discreet Incontinence Underwear, Maximum Absorbency, Small/Medium, 57 Count
Price: $48.73
2 used & new from $48.73

5.0 out of 5 stars For the moments I need them, they work!, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After having surgery many years back, my organs have never been the same. My bladder is now the size of a hamster and having severe endometriosis, I need a lot of protection sometimes.

These are good for more than bladder issues. I first want to address the size. These fit me well. I am 5’7’’ and weight 137. They are comfortable but obviously not as comfortable as your own undergarments.

Have you seen that commercial where all the ladies are throwing their underwear away due to leaks or stains from monthly issues? That is where these have helped me. Having endometriosis, if I am in bed and sit up, I hemorrhage all over the bed and usually spend hours cleaning the linens and am always tossing clothes in the trash since they are destroyed by stains too heavy. This has solved that issue! I use to try to slide carefully out of bed hoping that would do the trick but nope, I would still hemorrhage everywhere.

I feel a lot more comfortable having these to use now. Always is a brand I wear everyday as it is. They are the only brand I trust when it comes to female issues.

Always Discreet Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Regular Length, 198 Count
Always Discreet Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Regular Length, 198 Count
Price: $48.93
2 used & new from $48.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Great absorbance, a little too thick for my comfort, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A few years ago I had a surgery where I was cut hip bone to hip bone and both my knees were dislocated. It was for an emergency cesarean section and my bladder seems like it is the size of a hamster now.

I wear Always everyday as it is, I wear their panty liners but sometimes I need something thicker. The pros on these are:

• Great absorbance
• Love the sides being contoured
• No scent which is nice
• Well made
• Does not leak
• Regular length is adequate

Cons:

• A little too thick to wear during the day, felt like a diaper

I really like the protections these provided but they were a bit too thick to wear during the day. They are hard for me to walk in. A few people said they wish they had wings on them, I don’t know why you would want wings on these. They have contoured sides which is perfect for protection.

Now if they were comfortable, perhaps they would work out better for me. Perhaps I need the next size down. However, they do work and this is a trusted brand for me.

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 Display) White
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 Display) White
Price: $34.95
11 used & new from $20.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged design provides extra protection, October 13, 2014
I would hope that anyone who invests in a smartphone of any type would purchase a protective case for it. I bought a temporary case for my new iPhone 6 while shopping around for one that offers extra protection from drops and other accidents. While my temporary case did a wonderful job for the few days I had it on my iPhone, I have to admit that this Urban Armor Gear case provides the higher amount of protection I want (and probably need). The case offers military-grade shock protection without adding extra bulk and remains very light in weight.

Here are what I consider the pros and cons of the case for me:

Pros

- the case has "skid pads" on the corners which add shock protection (this also adds minutely to the overall size of the case, but my iPhone still fits in my pocket with the case on)

- the case was drop tested to military standards, validating that it is very sturdy and impact resistant

- the extra protection helps with my fears of dropping the case since I have arthritis in my hands

- another feature helps me to grip the iPhone very securely - it has ridges on both sides at about 1/3 and 2/3 the way up

- there is no problem with the camera or the flash - it provides a glare-free flash - and the lens seems better protected to me than with other cases

- the case fits securely and the openings are all in the right places

- all the buttons work well and with easy access with the case on

- the case comes with an HD screen protector and small cleaning cloth

Cons

- the rugged look is not what I would call feminine, but the added protection is better for me than having a more feminine design

I am glad I shopped around for a case that offered me the extra protection I wanted. If you need a sturdy, impact resistant case, I would recommend this case to you.

-Sample item provided

Spot it! Doc McStuffins- Numbers & Shapes
Spot it! Doc McStuffins- Numbers & Shapes
Price: $11.57
30 used & new from $7.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter enjoys this game..., October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second Spot it! Game we have in the house. My daughter watches Doc McStuffins every day so this game was a lot easier for her to play.

We like to shuffle the cards and then put two of the cards down. I then asked my daughter which two things are alike on the cards. Since she knows all the characters and the show, this one is a lot more enjoyable for her. We have played this a few times after dinner and it is relaxing and educational. I always praise her when she matches the two items.

I love the little tin the cards come in; they are well protected when not being played. However, the cards are showing a lot of signs of wear and it has only been a few weeks.
It is worth it though, my daughter has enjoyed this and we will continue to play it after dinner until the cards will no longer be playable.

Jenga "Throw-n-go"
Jenga "Throw-n-go"
Price: $19.34
29 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun!, October 12, 2014
This review is from: Jenga "Throw-n-go" (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to say I have enjoyed this game, a lot! I never owned the original game but remember people playing it and the basic idea of the game.

Each time you play this game, it is different. I seem to have the worse luck with this game but that is what makes it challenging. The opponent I played with last night kept rolling the dice which said reverse so the turn was back to me. Then several times I would roll a `play two' when the blocks were so high and ready to fall over. I managed to pull a few out but it was bound to fall which it did.

I will say these blocks are not the stable and if you accidentally kick the table you are playing on with your knees, they will come down. If you shake the dice too hard and your arm vibrates the table, it is going to come down.

It can be frustrating to pull a block and a few others start to move and sway. But that is the objective of the game. I played this for several hours last night with a friend and we were laughing and having a lot of fun. It really is about luck and what stability your hands have. So far I have proved to have little stability and bad luck but I like the challenge this game offers. This will be one game that is played a lot, different each time.

BraveRats - A Game by Seiji Kanai
BraveRats - A Game by Seiji Kanai
Price: $10.08
30 used & new from $8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun at first but gets boring after time...., October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have played this game with a few adults, separate times. The first time I played it, I liked it. You each get your own card and you have power not based in the number on your card, but what your card says, such as the power written on the card.

Again, the first time it was fun but after awhile, it gets to be boring, not enough cards or power and the game ends quickly. I have found if you are playing with a person you know, chances are you are going to pull the same cards if you think alike which leaves little room for adventure with this game.

This is an OK game but after awhile, it is not one I will be grabbing much.

Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Price: $13.16
25 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes too much time and can get boring..., October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have played this game a few times and can’t say it is enjoyable; I actually look forward to it being over. Two players each get six dices. You lay down three cards and roll the dice and match them to the cards that are out. If one card has six dice, you can roll the dice or die you have for a long time before you get it correct. Both players are playing to get to 40. Each card is worth a certain amount and that is how you get to 40.

It is fun when you start it, fun when it ends, but during the lull of the game, it can get boring. I don’t think this will be one that we play much. It is just not as much fun as I was hoping it would be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20