Profile for Virginia Rice > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Virginia Rice RSS Feed (ENGLEWOOD, CO, US)

Page: 1 | 2
Game of Thrones Dragon Egg Prop Replica Set in Wooden Box by Animewild
Game of Thrones Dragon Egg Prop Replica Set in Wooden Box by Animewild
Offered by Sure Thing Sales
Price: $104.97
8 used & new from $104.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly disappointed, June 3, 2014
While the eggs are beautifully made, with very nice attention to detail, they are a LOT smaller than the ones in the movie. While I realize this may be a given for many, it wasn't for me. Yes, I realize that of course they wouldn't be as enormous as the ones in the show, but when I say these are a lot smaller, I mean it. They are somewhere between the size of a chicken egg and goose egg. As my fiend pointed out, "I would not guess that those are dragon eggs."
Again, perhaps this is just me being silly for expecting something more than normal, but I don't think these are worth $100.

Size aside, I was also disappointed to see that there is a fairly large crack running the length of the lid on the box. If there were more cracks, I might write it off as part of the design, in an effort to make it look worn and old-fashioned. However, it is clear that the crack is not a part of the design.

I bought these as part of a gift for my dad, and was really pretty bummed when they arrived.

Honestly, I wouldn't really recommend these to anyone, unless they are working on a huge collection on all things Game of Thrones.

I don't typically give bad reviews, and avoid it at all costs if possible, but these were just not high-rating material.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 2:39 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 3, 2014
I was extremely pleased with this sticker! It was the exact size I was expecting, and arrived with no air bubbles or any other compromising issues! It is on my car and has been since I bought it. It's a tough sticker and I'm willing to bet it will be on my car for quite a while before it starts to wear!

(I know this review is the same as the one I gave for the TARDIS sticker, but I bought them together as a set and feel the exact same about both of them!)

Doctor Who Tardis Vinyl Die Cut Decal Sticker 7.50" White
Doctor Who Tardis Vinyl Die Cut Decal Sticker 7.50" White
Offered by Boston Deals USA
Price: $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 3, 2014

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Ornament Set -- 7-Pc. Set- 2011 Disney Item No. 6434046651953P
3 used & new from $124.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, June 3, 2014
The only thing I was mildly disappointed about with these ornaments was that they were not glass. They are plastic, or possibly paper mache.
However, this could be seen as a plus to some (especially those with cats) and the ornaments arrived in perfect condition and looked exactly as pictured.
Beautiful artwork, and great attention to detail!
Highly recommended to anyone who loves celebrating Halloween on Christmas ;)

Doctor Who - The Tenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver
Doctor Who - The Tenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver
Offered by Great Price Fast Service
Price: $16.99
80 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, June 3, 2014
I LOVED this sonic screwdriver! The ink lasted for a surprisingly long time considering the size of the "pen" and the battery is still going strong! It is now sitting on my collectibles shelf, and I am about to buy a second one, so that I can once again carry it around in my purse for a handy pen :)
Highly recommended to all Whovians, especially those that were particularly fond of the 10th Doctor!

Sandman 10 Volume Slipcase Set
Sandman 10 Volume Slipcase Set
by Neil Gaiman
Price: $136.39
35 used & new from $105.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, June 3, 2014
I was very excited to own this series and was not disappointed at all!
Every volume was in perfect condition and the slipcover was beautiful!
I highly recommend this product to all Neil Gaiman fans!

George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire series): A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons
by George R. R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $29.81
93 used & new from $21.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, June 3, 2014
This book set was ordered as a gift, and I could not have been more pleased with the product!
It arrived in wonderful condition, and the recipient was very excited with it, as well.
Highly recommended for all ASOIAF lovers.

Doctor Who Doctor Who:  Future Sonic Screwdriver (replica)
Doctor Who Doctor Who: Future Sonic Screwdriver (replica)
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $15.21
40 used & new from $15.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, June 3, 2014
This is an awesome replica of River Song's sonic screwdriver!
I bought one in the past from a comic store, and was sad to discover that only the red light worked.
This one, however, was fully functional! All parts of this sonic screwdriver worked perfectly, and the detail and appearance was spot on!
Highly recommended to all Whovians.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: 25th Anniversary Edition [Limited-Edition Collector's Tin]
DVD ~ Joel Hodgson
Offered by Lee's Movies
Price: $125.77
6 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 3, 2014
This box-set of MST3K made an awesome gift for my fiancee.
He is a long-time fanatic of the show, and he was thrilled with the episodes included, and also with the collectible art found inside of the tin.
I highly recommend this for anybody with an affinity for the series :)

Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Cards Against Humanity (Toy)
This game is so fun and hilarious! It is a little raunchy at some points, so I wouldn't recommend this game to anybody who doesn't have a very liberal sense of humor.
My friends and I have a blast with this game, and it makes for some really hilarious outcomes.

The cards arrived in perfect condition, and of course included every single one.

I highly recommend this game to anybody looking for a hilarious, fun, and raunchy time.

Page: 1 | 2