Profile for S. Portis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Portis "S Portis" RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Amico 13.4" Length Laboratory Set Test Tube Clean Nylon Brush for 500mL Conical Flask
Offered by uxcell
Price: $6.06
2 used & new from $5.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Good brush., August 10, 2014
Good quality brush. Use it to clean 32 oz stoppered bottles. Wish it had a little more bristle on the end to get the bottom of the bottle, but that's not exactly what it was made for. Like the natural bristles.

Costa Del Mar Man O War Polarized Sunglasses - Costa 580 Polycarbonate Lens Tortoise/Copper, One Size
Offered by kayakshed
Price: $138.91
7 used & new from $123.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Glasses, August 10, 2014
Thus far, very high quality glasses. Used by my 14 YO son on a week long fishing trip to Boundary Waters. He's not a sunglass wearer usually, but he enjoyed these when paired with a glasses keeper. Did not use the side shields on the trip.

I own 3 other pairs of these myself and have loved them for the past 5 years as a brand. Have not let me down yet as the Maui Jim's had in the past.

Organic Energy Bliss Bar - Raw Superfood - Honey Gold 5 Count
Organic Energy Bliss Bar - Raw Superfood - Honey Gold 5 Count

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent bar - taste may be an issue..., August 10, 2014
I'm sure the bars are very healthy, but they are a bit painful to consume. You really have to get past the taste. I'm the only one in the group that would eat them. The 14 YO son who they were purchased for did not care for them (shocker, I know), and the 65-72 YO men in the group (went on a week long trip into Boundary Waters) did not care for them either. One is an avid cyclist who eats many healthy-type bars, and he did not care for the taste. A little bitter and gritty. I'm 48, and eat fairly healthy stuff all the time, and can choke them down, but that's about it.

Good quality bar, decent packaging, easy to pack (thin disks), but taste is "meh".

Tried the Chia flavored as well. Similar flavor.

Cobalt Blue 32 oz. EZ Cap Beer Bottles, CASE OF 12
Cobalt Blue 32 oz. EZ Cap Beer Bottles, CASE OF 12
Offered by Home Brew Ohio
Price: $44.17
4 used & new from $44.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, heavy, July 18, 2014
Great looking, heavy, good quality. Cage is tricky to install first one, but easy once you get the first one on. Using multiple to store water from a Berkey water filter in the fridge.

Crocs Men's 10011 Off Road Clog,Khaki/Khaki,12 M US
Crocs Men's 10011 Off Road Clog,Khaki/Khaki,12 M US
Offered by Surf and Dirt
Price: $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thus far, July 10, 2014
Second pair of crocs. Wanted this one to mimick the first pair that has a heavier sole so that I can travel to Quetico/Boundary Waters in them and be able to walk about on the scree without worrying about punctures from rocks and thorns.

These will fit the bill. Some call them ugly. I call them comfortable, useful, utilitarian, and rugged. Fewer holes up front means fewer rocks coming in while wading.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) - Black
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cable. Less expensive (Followup 8/14 - dropped rating), July 10, 2014
Good cable. Less expensive, higher quality. Daughter appreciates the length so she can lie in her bed and still text people while charging. Man, would hate to inconvenience her....

EDIT: Followup on 8/10/14. Cable has now begun to short at the lighting connector after about 6 weeks of use. Dropping review from 5 to 3 stars. Daughter has taped the cable to stiffen it and seems to still charge if handled carefully. Would expect this to last much, much longer than this.

Anker® Astro E5 16000mAh External Battery Pack 2-Port 3A Output Portable Charger Power Bank for USB Devices (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $99.99
22 used & new from $31.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good unit.... iPad Weirdness, July 10, 2014
Really liking this so far. Will charge an iPhone multiple times. I've charged an iPhone on it 2x before recharging the battery, and the charge lights did not drop below 3 out of 4 lights, meaning it had 3/4 of a charge at least left.

iPad charging has been a little tougher. I put the cable in the 2A output charge slot, and one time the iPad charged, but another time it did not. iPad saw that it was plugged into something, but it acted like it was a 1A charge and said "Not Charging". Hmmm.

I don't like the fact that you must plug it into a USB charge slot, but heck, everything else is the same way, so it's not a huge deal. I also purchased an iFlash USB 4 Port home charger (to travel to France with), and ended up using that at home to charge multiple USB items (iPhone, iPad, and the charger when needed).

Like the mesh bag, and the ability to slide a couple of cables in with it. It is great security of mind when I travel since iPhones like to wear out at inopportune times. Thinking about getting another one for my wife and/or kids to carry when they are going to be away and might need a phone for safety (and for my peace of mind).

Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 with Designed-For-Web Scrolling - Red
Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 with Designed-For-Web Scrolling - Red
Offered by POLLYWOG
Price: Click here to see our price
87 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars All set up easily with no snags, July 10, 2014
Works well. Small. Sets up with Win 8.1 quickly with no fuss. Small USB plug is unobtrusive. Bought 3 for 3 new laptops. All set up easily with no snags.

OREI Grounded Universal 2 in 1 Schuko Plug Adapter Type E/F for Germany, France, Europe, Russia & more - High Quality - CE Certified - RoHS Compliant
Price: $6.25
7 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Built pretty well. Used for items that were already set ..., July 10, 2014
Worked well. Used two of them to travel with a family of 5 to France. Built pretty well. Used for items that were already set up for 110/220 - like our camera charger, iPhone chargers, computer chargers, etc.

I like the fact that you can plug in a couple of devices into it.

Remember this is not a voltage converter! This is only an adapter. If your device is not set up for 220v, you must buy a more expensive voltage converter. Most hotels and houses have a hair dryer already - but if you must use something like a curling iron, this WILL NOT WORK unless it is set up for 220v already. (Read the label on the device - it will tell you if it is). Again, you will need a converter, not this adapter.

Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A)
Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A)
Price: $184.99
27 used & new from $128.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I use Apple WIFI products at home after I grew tired of messing with all the deeply technical crap that is common in most WIFI r, July 10, 2014
Working very well so far. Replaced our Cisco model in our office that was hiccuping daily. I use Apple WIFI products at home after I grew tired of messing with all the deeply technical crap that is common in most WIFI routers.

I'm not a huge fan of having to download and use the Apple AirPort Utility, but it is nice to be able to do it from my phone, ipad, PC, or Mac. It also made it easier to manage my dad's wifi in his house. I gave them one of these and set it up for them, added the utility to his iPad and showed him how to use it, if he ever needs to. This past weekend, I was there to visit and brought them our old Apple Airport Express to extend their wireless network. They were not getting wireless downstairs.

In my house I was able to extend the network wirelessly (adding the airport express to boost the wireless signal in the far end of my house). In my dad's case however, I had to hard wire it to the wall, and create a new wireless network downstairs. He had just done a remodel and had wired jacks running downstairs, patched in to the main internet closet upstairs. This allowed me to simply plug into the downstairs jack and create the new network on the Express. Again, using the AirPort Utility, I saw the new device and told it to "create a new network". Within 3 minutes, network was up and running.

Then I went into the much more lengthy mode of explaining to my 73 YO father how to connect to it....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5