Profile for HI Life > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HI Life RSS Feed (HONOLULU, HAWAII, US)

iSmooth iPhone 5 Screen Protector - 3 Pack - Highest Rated Premium Quality
iSmooth iPhone 5 Screen Protector - 3 Pack - Highest Rated Premium Quality

1.0 out of 5 stars Not one of the lucky ones, October 17, 2012
I ordered this and was hoping to get the updated one with smaller cutouts. Unfortunately, I still received the one with large cutouts on top and bottom. It's really not worth the time and trouble for me to return it so I'm just going to use it until I find a better set. It did come with x3 of them and microfiber, squeegee, so there's that. Still, I wish I received the newer sets.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2012 5:58 PM PDT

AmazonBasics Clear Cover Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Black Rim)
AmazonBasics Clear Cover Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Black Rim)
Price: $10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality product by Amazon!, October 3, 2012
I purchased this in black along with Amazon's own TPU case and both were surprisingly good.

Pros:
Great fit. It's snug and keeps the sleek look of the iPhone5.
The back is a clear, hard plastic that shows off the amazing back of the iPhone5. The sides are made out of TPU(?)
There is a lip design that allows the phone from touching the surface when faced down.
Holes for camera and lock screen are perfect. Buttons line up and has enough resistance to avoid accidental presses.
Comes with an anti glare screen protector (I cannot review this because I already have one on but it seems to line up well with the phone)
No obtrusive branding!

Cons:
The plastic back *may* be prone to scuffs (speaking only from previous experience with similar cases)
Large cutout on the bottom (this is very minor and may not be a Con for many users)
NEEDS MORE COLOR OPTIONS!

If you're one of those looking to show off the natural look of your new iPhone5 but also want substantial protection, then this is definitely the case for you. I'd order another one if they made it in red!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2012 2:43 PM PST

AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 - Smoke
AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 - Smoke
Price: $8.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good case...screen protector not so much, October 3, 2012
UPDATE
As many pointed out, the screen protector is bad. It's much harder to put on than other brands for some reason (don't know why because they use the same material..). The lock button works well IMO. Still, I'm lowering my review to 4 stars because of the screen protector and higher price point.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I ordered this TPU case in smoke along with the clear cover case that Amazon is also selling. I usually don't buy items unless there's a substancial amount of reviews but I figured it's only 10 dollars and it's from Amazon so there should be no trouble returning them if there was something wrong with it.

The case fits well. It's snug enough that it won't come loose but it's also not too tight like some other cases (i.e. Poetic cases). The camera hole is large and all the buttons feel natural when pressed. I'm not a big fan of the large cutout on the bottom (my other case from TechArmor, which is very similar to this one, has separate cutouts which is nice), but at least you won't have to worry about your connectors not fitting. There is enough lip on the front of the case so the screen doesn't touch the surface when faced down. The case itself is made of TPU which is sort of a hard but flexible plastic. What I really like is that there's no obtrusive branding on it like many other cases.

I already have a screen protector on my phone so I did not install the included one. From the looks of it, It does seem to be anti-glare and lines up with the phone. From a subjective standpoint, the smoke goes really well with the white iPhone 5. Overall, another great, quality product by Amazon.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2012 7:44 PM PDT

ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti
ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti
4 used & new from $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice upgrade, September 30, 2012
I've been using ASUS card for years and they make the best NVIDIA cards (Gigabyte comes at a decent second place). This one is no exception. Running an i5 2500k at 4.0ghz and I played BF3, Skyrim (with ENB mods), The Witcher 2 all on max settings at 1680x1050 monitor. I've never had temps go above 45C. It's definitely a capable card and I've never had a CTD since I installed this 6 months ago. Only negative are ASUS drivers (they're not good) so I use NVIDIA's instead.

Will update if it ever fails on me, but so far so good.

Tech Armor Apple iPhone 5/5c/5s Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best anti glare screen protector..for now, September 30, 2012
Great screen protector. Fits pretty much perfect. The squeegee works well enough, albeit a credit card or ID can also be used. Make sure to wipe with the included microfiber cloth prior to applying.
My only gripe is that the home button is a cutout (upside down U) instead of an actual circle. Other than that, the screen protector lines up perfectly with the front camera and speaker holes.

One thing to note about anti glare vs clear screen protectors is that anti glare has a matte finish so it does wash out the colors (barely noticeable). However, the advantage of it (as the name implies) is that your phone can be used under sunlight and does not show fingerprints. Also from my experience, anti glare is much easier to put on compared to the clear ones.

Here are some tips if you have trouble putting on screen protectors
1. Wash hands thoroughly
2. KEEP FACEDOWN and peel the whole applicator off while only touching the sides.
2a. Refrain from touching the sticky side of the screen protector.
3. It's easier to use the speaker and camera as reference, not the home button (IMO).
4. Use scotch tape to lift screen protector and safely take out air bubbles (youtube has videos on this).
5. If still having trouble with dust going in, go in the bathroom and turn on the hot water. The steam will bring particles down allowing for a dust-free environment.

I usually waste 1-2 screen protectors before having a perfect one on but now it takes me just one.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 12:24 PM PDT

Tech Armor Frosted Clear Apple New iPhone 5 TPU Flex Case with Lifetime Replacement Warranty- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, International
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case!, September 30, 2012
I've been using this for almost a week now and the case fits really well. It's snug, but it's not too tight and, most importantly, doesn't lift the screen protector! The case is frosted clear and the side has a transparent strip so you can see the silver sides of the iPhone 5. I've tested all of my earphones and they have no problem fitting on the bottom. The lightning connector fits and the spacing for the speakers and mic are accurate. The flash/camera holes are large so no trouble there.

I've yet to go through their customer service to find out how the lifetime warranty works, so I can't comment on that. Will update review if I do.

Overall, five stars because it's one of the better cases out right now for the iPhone 5.