Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Veggie girl > Reviews

Browse

Veggie girl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Veggie girl RSS Feed

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE SERVICE!!, December 11, 2012
I never write bad reviews, but this company made me so mad I felt I needed to. I ordered this sweater few weeks ago, and like ordering any clothes online, finding the correct size is a gamble. I ordered a medium and it turned out to be way too big; so I asked them to exchange it for a small. Not only did I have to pay the $9 for shipping when I ordered it, but I had to pay an additional $9 to ship it back. I thought that they would refund me the return shipping but they did not. When I asked them why they sent me a generic response basically saying that I have to pay the return shipping out of pocket, if I would have known that I wouldn't have returned it! On top of everything else, they did not send me the size small I asked for. So I paid $18 in shipping and don't even have a sweater to show for it. Horrible customer service, horrible company and a big waste of my money. I will never order from them again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these pants!, August 29, 2012
I am in love with these, they are possibly THE most comfortable pants ever! I was a little cautious not only about ordering clothes online, but about ordering "one size fits all" clothes online. I thought these pants were so cute I decided to go ahead and buy them, and I'm glad I did! They fit me perfectly and look great - the material is very light making it perfect for summertime. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it had a few loose hanging threads when I received it, but other than that it's a great product! I just purchased a different style of these pants from the same seller and can't wait to get them!

Carrot (Seed) 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil- 10 ml
Carrot (Seed) 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil- 10 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for skin!, June 18, 2012
I make my own beauty products and Carrot oil is a must-have! It has a lot of benefits, it's great for your skin, it tones and prevents wrinkles. I make an anti-wrinkle night oil with it for myself, and I plan on making some for my girlfriends as gifts. This company is my absolute favorite, they never disappoint me - they deliver on time and the oils are always top quality. I've been ordering from them for a while and will continue to do so!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2012 4:54 PM PDT

The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
by Alicia Silverstone
67 used & new from $1.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Pastry chef turned sugar-free vegan after reading this book!, April 14, 2012
I was vegetarian for most of my life and before reading this book, I was the biggest cheese pig I knew! Cheese was in my breakfast, lunch, dinner and all my snacks! I swore I would never give up cheese! Being a Pastry chef I thought it was impossible to give up my love affair with dairy and sugar. Well was I wrong! I flipped through this book one day at the bookstore, read about a chapter and decided that it wasn't for me so I set it back on the shelf and left. To my surprise, I could not stop thinking about it for the next week or so so I went back and bought it.

Wow did this ever change my life! During the first half of the book, Alicia goes into detail about the harms of eating refined sugar, meat and dairy. I had no idea how horrific the dairy industry was not only to the cows but to your health! I gave up dairy then and there. She refers to sugar as 'crack' which I completely disagreed with when I first read it - But after conducting my own experiments on the effects of white sugar I have to say, I agree! Sugar brings you up up up and then crashes you down - hard! And even after all that, you crave more and more. It took me a few months to completely give up sugar but I did it, and am happier for it! I now specialize in sugar-free vegan pastries and not only are they delicious but they are very kind to your body and the world.

The second half of this book is a cookbook and the recipes are great! A lot of them call for specialty ingredients you can only find at Asian stores but in my opinion it is worth it because they are so tasty and healthy! A few of my favorites are:

Chocolate Peanut butter cups (Tastes like a better version of Reeses!)
Barley casserole (My toddler requests this one often!)
Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Mom's Granola (Another toddler favorite!)
Arame Turnovers
Artichoke, Mushroom, and leek Crostini
Radicchio Pizza with Truffle Oil

Thank you Alicia for opening my eyes to a new, kind and creative way of living/cooking!

Sage 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 ml
Sage 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 ml
Price: $21.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 3, 2012
I order all my essential oils from this company and as usual great service! Prices for essential oils seem a bit high at first, but you really only use a few drops at a time so they last a long time! I keep all my essential oils in their own separate mini fridge to increase their shelf life. I use this oil for a couple things: I make a homemade Insect Repellent and this is one oils I add - works great! And also, Sage is a disinfectant so I make an anti-bacterial room spray with it - so not only is my house clean but it smells wonderful to boot!

Citronella 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 ml
Citronella 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 ml
Price: $9.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the bugs away!, April 3, 2012
You've heard of Citronella candles, the ones that keep mosquitoes away - well this is the stuff it's made from! I make my own insect repellent out of it and not only does it smell good but it really works! Citronella is also a good anti-fungal oil so I use it in my homemade deodorant. Do yourself a favor this summer and buy citronella to keep those darn insects away! This company is amazing for essential oils, ships very fast and in great condition - Will continue to order from them!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2015 11:48 AM PDT

GREEN BEAUTY RECIPES: Easy Homemade Recipes to Make Your Own Organic and Natural Skincare, Hair Care and Body Care Products
by Julie Gabriel
36 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't buy any more beauty "junk food" after reading this book!, March 21, 2012
This book seriously changed my life! I bought it thinking it would have a few easy recipes I could make for fun on the weekends - it had that and much, much more! I had no idea about all the toxins they put in conventional beauty and baby products until I read this book, makes me never want to buy any of that junk again! I actually went through my house after reading this and read all the ingredients to our products - I was horrified at what I saw and I threw them out on the spot! I now make my own shampoo, face wash, body oils, masks and even baby wipes! It seriously does not take me long at all to make these things, and they last for a while! I also like that she shows you how to make cream/shampoo FROM SCRATCH unlike so many other books where they tell you to take plain soap or shampoo and add oils to it to make it your own.

Here are some of the recipes I use regularly and absolutely LOVE:

Green Spice Deodorant: I've searched for YEARS to find an aluminum- free deodorant that works for me and finally, this is it!

Almond Milk Toner: Almond milk + Rose water + Glycerin = A simple, delicious smelling toner, I use it every day.

Herbal Insect Repellent Spray: Really works and I can use it on my toddler with confidence!

Spicy Lemon Anti-Dandruff Shampoo - Got rid of my dandruff and soothed my dry, itchy scalp! I made it with the Castille soap option and it does leave my hair a little coarse so I follow up with the Lemon and Vinegar Shine booster - leaves my hair soft and crazy shiny!

Happy Bum Flower Balm - The best diaper cream ever!

Gosh there are so many great recipes it's hard not to name them all - This book was one of the best purchases I've ever made. Since buying it, my skin glows, my hair is shinier and my baby's butt and skin is softer than it's ever been! And I am at ease knowing that we are no longer using toxic chemicals, our skin is being nourished by wholesome, healthy ingredients! Highly recommended!!

Fennel Sweet 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 ml
Fennel Sweet 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil by Edens Garden- 10 ml
Price: $10.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 21, 2012
I love this product! This is the only company I order my essential oils from - they have the best oils, very high quality! And they deliver very fast also. Fennel is known for it's antiseptic qualities as well as a fabulous wrinkle preventer - I make an anti-aging facial oil out of it (a few drops in some sweet almond oil) and use it every night! I plan on ordering this again and again!

Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For--From Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $15.23
156 used & new from $1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, delicious and DELICIOUS!!!, September 1, 2010
Isa Chandra Moskowitz has done it again! Let me start by saying that I own all of her books. I first received Veganomicon as a gift and fell in love with her writing style, knowledge, and most of all her yummy recipes. So I then proceeded to buy every single cookbook she has ever written within a week of receiving Veganomicon. I have not been disappointed by any of them.

'Vegan Brunch' is probably my favorite because I have made almost every recipe in the book and they have been to die for! Not just good, or great but out of this world delicious! A few of my favorites (so hard to choose just a few!) are: Lemon poppy seed muffins (I think I must have eaten about 7 the first time I made them, so moist and flavorful!), Herbed whole-wheat biscuits with Navy Bean gravy, Potato and mushroom sauerkraut Pierogis, East coast coffee cake, Mushroom, Leek and white bean pie, Fennel breakfast Risotto, Perfect pancakes, Bagels, English muffins, Brazilian French toast...this book has it all! Even a chapter on drinks! The Italian, Cherry sage and Chorizo sausages have become my go-to sausage recipes - they are downright amazing, even my meat-eating grandpa couldn't get enough of them!

If you loved her previous books or are making this your first one, you will be delighted with these recipes! Like myself, you won't be able to tear yourself away from the kitchen! Enjoy!