Profile for Amazon Fan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Fan RSS Feed (silicon valley)

Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision (White)
Price: $64.99
79 used & new from $36.93

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality of these cameras NOT improving., December 8, 2012
Pros: Good Price, fulfilled extremely fast.

Cons: The feature to set/recall presets does not work even after performing the RESET procedure.
The camera's firmware and WEBUI are newer than the firmware/WEBUI upgrade files listed as the "newest" files in the support section on the Foscam website so updating these files on the camera to fix the problem is not an option.

I have bought several Foscam and Agasio cameras over the past 9 months and the quality of the cameras and the online support has been terrible. I would have hoped they would have improved in each of these areas but so far I haven't seen it.

Foscam FI8919W Outdoor Wireless Pan/Tilt IP Camera with IR-Cut Off Filter for TRUE COLOR Images (Not Washed Out), Auto-Iris (Auto-Brightness Adjustment), IP66 Waterproof Enclosure, Synology & Blue Iris Compatible, Pan 355° Tilt 80°, White
Offered by Foscam Digital Technologies LLC
Price: $189.99
6 used & new from $153.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Agasio A622W, July 8, 2012
This is my 4th camera and like the other 3 Agasio cameras, this camera has a lot of promise. It looks and feels well made. The picture both in daylight and a night is satisfactory for all my needs. On the needs improvement side of the equation, the WebUI is buggy and inconsistent like the other Agasio cameras I have bought. Two of the cameras had to be returned for replacements because of failing or missing functionality. The A622W works but it is missing the manufactures DDNS (gipcam). Instead, the setting is populated with Chinese DDNS sites that don't seem to work from the U.S. Also, even though the A622W has LEDs for night vision, there is no way to turn them On/Off like on the other Agasio cameras (even though the setting for IR on the A612 I have returns an "Error Unsupport" message). When I contacted support (through email, since I can't get them to answer my phone calls) they gave me a short response with a link to the manual for the product which has NO mention of the LEDs. The best I can say about the manual is that it is obviously a work in progress. Most of the figures shown in the manual do not match any of the Agasio cameras I have. When I've contacted support about other errors in the software, the standard response is to update the WebUI. However, the latest version of the WebUI is not on the website for many of the products. You can only tell what version of the WebUI is on the website by downloading and installing it on the camera since they don't bother to publish it on the website. Twice I have put older versions of the WebUI on cameras that shipped with newer versions of this software. Neither time did it resolve the issues I was having.

UPDATE: 4 out of 5 of the Agasio Cameras that I bought have now failed and had to be returned for replacement (Two of these cameras were replacements for the Agasio cameras I originally bought that failed...now the replacements have failed in a matter of weeks. Agasio charges the customer shipping (both directions) for a camera that fails outside of 14 days. Also, you have to pay for shipping a DOA unit directly back to Agasio. They claim they will reimburse shipping charges for DOA units but they have not. My recommendation is to avoid Agasio cameras because the quality is bad, really bad. I've wasted so much time and money putting these cameras up, taking then down, boxing up and continually shipping these cameras back to Agasio (and as I said previously, at my expense!)