Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Luna Nightshade > Reviews

Browse

Luna Nightshade's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Luna Nightshade RSS Feed (Louisiana)

Singularity - Xbox 360
Singularity - Xbox 360
Offered by YourPersonalShopperz
Price: $13.05
174 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Surprise...., August 30, 2010
First I would like to say that my favorite types of games are Adventure, FPS, and RPG's (in no particular order), as I believe this makes a difference when reading one's review of a game.

I can say that this game really surprised me. I went into Singularity with absolutely no expectations, as I had heard nothing about this game. After about 30 minutes into though, I was hooked.

There have been a lot of comparisons of this game to others, and while I feel it does have many similarities to others it does not come across as a cheap imitation either. It definitely holds it's own. Now, having said that, if I were going to state any similarities, then I would say it's like Bioshock and Wolfenstein had a baby together, and they called it `Singularity'. I loved both of those games, and it's like Singularity took those and meshed them, for a new, yet familiar feel. The engine is the same as was used in Bioshock if I believe (the unreal engine). There is more of a FPS-feel than is in Bioshock, as this game has your more typical weapon options (compared to the drill in Bioshock 2 or perhaps the spear gun). This does not mean the weapons are not fun and full of variety. I loved them. There was a gun for everyone (Sniper, exploding darts, machine guns, shotguns, chain guns, pistols, grenade launchers, etc...), and each of these you can upgrade. Not to mention using these in combination with the TMD (your Time Manipulation Device) was fun as well. The flashbacks in time was like your Wolfenstein world, and the present was your Bioshock world (i.e. soldiers and more of a military feel in the 50's scenes, while in the present there were mutants running wild in an abandoned old settlement). The fact that your TMD is a pulsing glove-like item on your left hand only adds to the Bioshock feel, although the uses of the TMD are very different than those of your Plasmid's used in Bioshock (with the exception of the `telekinesis' in Bioshock and the `impulse' in Singularity - or at least that's what I `think' it's called - also similar to the gravity gun in Half Life - you can grab, pull, and throw objects that are far away).

The controls were easy to pick up on. Everything seemed very fluid and natural. I played it on Normal mode and found that there were challenging areas, yet nothing seemed just impossible either. Some areas/foes were much more difficult than others (to me this is how it should feel on normal mode). It had a nice mix of puzzles that took some thinking to pass, but were not ridiculously difficult to figure out (not `puzzles' really, you just have to sort out a way to manipulate the situation/area to proceed sometimes). The really enjoyed the graphics and environment, and I actually liked the gore...it added to the eerie feel of the game. I thought the enemies (the mutated ones) were well designed, pretty creepy critters. The different areas and foes gave you variations so you didn't feel like you were rinsing and repeating each area. It did well keeping things fresh and new. The story was great, very interesting, and the log's you find scattered throughout the world are good reads. They are not only interesting (the notes and recordings), but they really tell you more about the world you're in and help you understand more about the setting and people that were there as well as how things got to be how they are now.

I have to say my only complaints with this game are that I don't like relying solely on the auto-save process. I just like when I can save at any time and pick up from right there (as sometimes I have to quit playing unexpected and it's unfortunate if it hasn't `auto-saved' yet). The only other thing is I wish it had subtitles. If there is anything else going on in the room, I had trouble understanding some of my audio logs and such. I heard someone in another posting complain about the posters being in English (but with backwards R's and such) and that was disappointing to them since they speak some Russian.....but I would like to say I'm glad they were in English, as I speak no Russian nor do I want to try to translate a simple poster while I'm shooting mutants and running for my life. I like the quick-glance, see the sign in `English', and continue on my way. I realize it may not be the most realistic option, but this is a video game and I speak English. I'm not worried that the posters were unrealistic.....for God's sakes, I'm running around with a Time Manipulation Device welded to my arm!!!!!!

I also liked the hidden achievement for finding the `Lost' wheel.....nice and fun touch!!! '

Anyway, I give this game 5 stars overall because I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, feel it has a high replay value, and any complaints I had were small and my opinions only.

Thanks!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2012 7:07 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What are the inseam on the flare jeans?, October 4, 2008
Could someone please post the actual inseam to these jeans? Nowhere in the product description does it tell what inseam measurement is and this is something I have to know when buying jeans as I am 5'8", and there is no lengthening them if they are too short...