Profile for y.roc30 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

y.roc30 RSS Feed

The DASH Diet Health Plan: Low-Sodium, Low-Fat Recipes to Promote Weight Loss, Lower Blood Pressure, and Help Prevent Diabetes
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DASH Diet Book!, September 24, 2012
My father was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and once I learned the DASH diet was rated number one for combating the disease, I've been searching for the right book to introduce to my dad. Chatham's is the best resource I've found, so far. You are instructed how to slowly ease into the diet, using the tools included, like worksheets, reference tables, food guides, menu planners, and of course, plenty of recipes. It's informative, providing plenty of background information on how the DASH diet was created and tested, and also stresses the importance of exercise and fitness, including fitness plan. Most important, to me and my dad, is that Chatham's book is really reader friendly and easy to follow.

The Quinoa Cookbook: Nutrition Facts, Cooking Tips, and 116 Superfood Recipes for a Healthy Diet
by John Chatham
Price: $8.75
24 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of recipes!, September 14, 2012
I have been trying to incorporate more quinoa into my diet, because of its nutritional value, but quickly grew bored eating the same quinoa based salads over and over again.

I loved that this book provided such a wide variety of recipes, lots of international flavor, and complete meal ideas, including hot and cold side dishes, entrees, breakfast foods, and even desserts. I also feel better about indulging in comfort foods like bread and cookies using these recipes, which include the healthy addition of quinoa.

The simplicity of the recipes and clear directions make this book a must have. You do not need to invest hours and hours in the kitchen in order to create a tasty, healthy meal. Another plus, if you are not familiar with quinoa, you can easily learn all you need to know about its origins, nutritional value, and preparation techniques from the informational sections.