Profile for LoveGuitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1016

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveGuitar "LoveGuitar" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Planet Waves Cortex Guitar Picks, Heavy, 10 pack
Planet Waves Cortex Guitar Picks, Heavy, 10 pack
Price: $3.59
2 used & new from $3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Planet Waves Cortex Guitar Picks, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are stiff picks. They have a tiny bit of flex so if you like them flexible then these won't do. But for those who prefer hard picks these should work nicely. They aren't very large - just average sized picks, no over-size. They are easy enough to hold but I tend to flip all my picks inside of my guitar eventually and then have to commence the shaking and tilting to get them out. These will work well for steel-string and electric players.

OXO Good Grips Convertible Plastic Colander
OXO Good Grips Convertible Plastic Colander
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars OXO Good Grips Convertible Plastic Colander, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very well designed and constructed colander. I have several different kinds of colanders made out of both plastic and metal, but none of them have the ability to hang over the sink like the OXO does. My big metal colander can sit hit in the sink on it's base, but I still often over-pour and pasta misses and goes into the sink itself.

The OXO colander is big, sturdy and makes it much easier to see what you are doing when pouring a big pot of boiling pasta into it. Steam always gets in the way, but it's much less likely to miss with this colander. And all the spent water goes straight down the drain. It can also be set into the sink like a regular colander but I like being able to either place it across (straight up or sideways) the top of my sink. It holds itself with the a flange handle on both sides. And it's absolutely great for draining vegetables after washing them! No more puddles of water on my countertops!

And I can put it into the dishwasher!!! It stores easily for a colander since the handle/feet fold down to it's sides. It still takes up space, but not as much. I like this colander a lot and it will be my main one to use. Great idea and product!

Tennisology: Inside the Science of Serves, Nerves, and On-Court Dominance
Tennisology: Inside the Science of Serves, Nerves, and On-Court Dominance
by Thomas Rowland
Price: $14.74
49 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Tennisology: Inside the Science of Serves, Nerves and On-Court Dominance, November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fantastic tennis book. I play tennis on several teams and lately I've been having a horrible time losing. And I was wondering if my high level of RAGE at losing was off-scale.......was it normal for me to become so angry when I lose? And I was losing game after game, set after set and just wanted to whack my partners over the head with my tennis racquet. Needless to say, Dr. Rowland explained to me that people get unusually angry when losing at tennis so apparently I am no exception. Something about the game being much more personal than other sports. I would get so angry sometimes that it was all I could do to act civil and congratulate the winners.

But this book has a LOT more information that I find highly interesting and useful. He goes into detail about the biology (DNA, genetics, motor skills, learning from proper practice habits, etc...)which I sometimes found boring, but overall very enlightening. I was wondering if I was getting too old to play the game with any skill. I'm 56 and have returned to the game after nearly 40 years away from it. He says that with proper training, practice, and especially the right mental conditioning I could become a much better player than I am. I lose because I freak myself out psychologically and now I know a lot of what I'm doing wrong.

He talks about just tons of stuff. He talks about tons of various sports studies done measuring all sorts of criteria. He discusses if it's possible to accurately determine what child will have a good chance at becoming an elite athlete, but concludes that there are too many factors at play and really, it's pretty much a guess. Early maturity of the body does help, and that those who are late-bloomers usually drop out of the attempt to become an elite athlete and find something else to do.

I guess what I think about now when out on the court, is my "automatic" vs. "thinking" player. I still think too much and need to work on my skills to the point that my automatic player plays most of the game for me, making few mistakes. I told my tennis coach about that aspect and he agreed. Great book for anyone interested in improving their game or just are curious about sports training, psychology and biology. Loved it!!!

Victor M162S Clean Kill Mouse Trap, 2-Pack
Victor M162S Clean Kill Mouse Trap, 2-Pack
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Victor M162S Clean Kill Mouse Trap, 2-Pacl, November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good mouse trap. It's easy to bait and set, and seems to be very effective at what it was designed to do. The mouse is trapped inside and can't get out. After the kill bar does it's job all you have to do is shake the dead mouse into the garbage. An aspect I like is that the bait and kill bar are completely hidden from view and the curious will not be injured by it. These traps (2 in the package) are also very inexpensive and reusable. I prefer these traps over the traditional wooden mouse trap.

People of the Great Journey
People of the Great Journey
by O. R. Melling
Price: $12.78
20 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars People of the Great Journey, November 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has got to be, one of the best books that I've had the pleasure to read in a long time. If I could give it 10 stars I would. This book holds a lot of meaning for me personally, as if every page gave me a new spiritual insight or a serendipitous gift.

All the characters played an integral part, and each one had their share of pain to try and heal. As the book progressed more and more was revealed about each character, especially Olwen, Elsie, Dr. Jack and Rose. The emotional (and some physical) scars that these people bore due to terrible abuse from others in earlier years, and the desire to be healed from them was the glue that bound them together in this special place. They were willing to participate in some very special events geared towards spiritual growth and healing. These wounds are the same that many of us carry with us, and which are depriving us from living full, productive and happy lives. I realized that we are given "demons" when a parent or an adult person whom we trust violates us in the most personal way. We are then burdened with a demon that eats away at our lives as a direct result of the abuse.

This story takes place in a beautiful setting, in a beautiful, grand house (while reading about the Dunesfort House I kept imagining it looking like the Biltmore House in Asheville, N.C) set remotely from villages and towns. The Celtic and Irish worlds mixed with legends and faeries, labyrinths, soul retrievals, Breathers and Watchers, Firewalks and culminating with a rare rite held in the heart of the Callanish Stones on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland.

The vivid imagery and superbly developed characters made this book a special treat for me. I often re-read paragraphs to get all the spiritual "goody" out of them that I could. This book seemed as if it were written for me, about me. It was surreal. There were so many things I could personally relate too and I could see that Olwen and I would have been great friends. The author put a lot of time, effort and thought into the writing of this book. I rarely go on about the books I review like I have this one. I believe that many of the events that O.R. Melling writes about actually happened to her. I think she is Olwen writing about her life, her being a friend of Bill Wilson, and her healing from unfortunate events that no person, especially a child, should ever endure. Reading about the these made my heart literally break.

I love this book. I will re-read it several times. I highly recommend it for anyone who has untreated pain from the past. I totally now believe that such pain also requires it to be removed from the memory of the body as well as the soul.

Standing Case for Fire HD 6 (4th Generation), Purple
Standing Case for Fire HD 6 (4th Generation), Purple
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, but for Fire HD 6 (4th Generation) Only., November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This case has an absolutely LOVELY lavender color. I just love looking at it! It's durable enough, though I don't know how long it will last with frequent opening and closing. It's not made out of leather but from durable polyurethane with a microfiber interior. It's soft and will not scratch your Fire HD. I am using this case although it was not made for the original, plain jane Kindle. My gorilla husband managed to force the kindle into it and so it will stay until the elastic straps bust. So, know that it is not made to fit an original Kindle. It can be accessed from the outside to connect the charging cord, and it has a nice cut-out for the camera lens.

TRM Manufacturing 351025C Weatherall Visqueen Plastic Sheeting, Drop Cloth 10' Wide x 25' Length x 3.5 mil Thickness, Clear
Price: $8.80

4.0 out of 5 stars TRM Weatherall Visqueen Plastic Sheeting, November 15, 2014
For inexpensive plastic sheeting this is pretty good stuff. It's not clear but whitish/cloudy. You cannot easily see through it. It is not thin, being 3.5 mil in thickness. I am using it to keep my raised bed garden plants from freezing from this recent Arctic cold blast. I used long, thin PVC full length poles to place in the cinder block squares of my raised beds forming a round hoop, and then covered them with this plastic sheeting. I checked on them yesterday and everyone is cold but still alive. At this point I don't know how durable this plastic is - how impervious it is to freezing temperatures, but it's doing what I wanted it for. It feels like good quality plastic. I will probably be buying more rolls. This stuff would work great for indoor use in covering windows and doors in case of a viral outbreak or something.

Vetri-Science Probiotic Everyday Bite Size Chew for Dogs, 60-Count
Vetri-Science Probiotic Everyday Bite Size Chew for Dogs, 60-Count
Price: $19.93
21 used & new from $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Vetri-Science Probiotic for Dogs, November 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are a great addition to my dog's and cat's diet. Probiotics are good for humans and our beloved four-legged friends. I like that I can give my small dogs and cat a 1/2 treat each day and not have to buy separate bags - one for the dogs and another for the cat. The dogs and cat both readily ate their probiotic treat so I know that they think it tastes good. I hope this adds a bit more pep to my cat who's not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar, Peanut Butter Banana, 6 Count
MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar, Peanut Butter Banana, 6 Count
Price: $24.17
8 used & new from $17.90

4.0 out of 5 stars MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar Peanut Butter/Banana, November 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These nutrition bars are pretty much packed with enough calories and fiber to equal one balanced meal. But I would only eat these as a meal replacement in an emergency or when it's impossible to have a sit-down dinner such as when traveling, camping/hiking, etc... They have 20 grams of protein each, which is a lot. Plus the 29 grams carbohydrate minus the 12 grams of fiber is a good balance. Each bar has only 210 calories. I would have thought they would be higher in calories due to the denseness of the bar. They don't have much in the way of vitamins, therefore they are really only good for one meal replacement or use as an energy bar prior to a workout.

The banana/peanut butter flavor is mild, but good. I can barely taste the banana. The texture is chewy which slows you down a bit while eating it. I will be using these bars as needed - take on a hike and keep a couple in the car for those times we are on long car trips. Overall, I find these bars very acceptable for the uses I want them for.

A&D Medical Deluxe Connected Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651BLE, White
A&D Medical Deluxe Connected Blood Pressure Monitor UA-651BLE, White
Price: $63.05
2 used & new from $63.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A&D Medical Deluxe Connected Blood Pressure Monitor, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For now, I'm giving the A&D Medical Deluxe Connected Blood Pressure Monitor 5 stars. I still want to compare it to our other blood pressure monitor but I have to find it first. That said, the readings seem consistent with little fluctuation between readings. I did several checks on myself and two on my daughter and all were fairly consistent though my systolic fluctuated by 10 between readings. However, that occurred after I took my daughter's BP and I had been moving around more than earlier.

The cuff is very easy to wrap around your arm and the entire measurement took only a few seconds. It gets tight.....almost painfully so. I like that it will give a heartbeat/minute readout along with your BP reading. And if it detects an unusual heartbeat it will flash a heart OUTLINE on the easy to read digital screen. It comes with 4 Maxell AA batteries and not some knock-off cheap Chinese batteries. I'm o.k. with not having an AC adapter to use with it (though you can purchase one) since taking a BP reading should be in a relaxed, comfortable position. Our other BP monitor only uses an AC adapter and finding an outlet nearby is not always easy to do. You can sit anywhere you want too to use this particular monitor and not have to worry about an electric cord.

The Google App for this monitor is nice for record keeping and sending your BP readings to your doctor, but I probably won't be using it. I've become fairly wary of certain information sent over the internet, especially any medical information and I don't feel like giving insurance companies any reason to deny coverage lest they get hold of some bad BP numbers. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Overall: Nice, compact and easy to use. Seems very accurate and comes with a plastic case to store it in. The enclosed instructions are very detailed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20