Profile for Loveguitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 864

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Loveguitar RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jobe's 6005 18-Pack Tomato Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes
Jobe's 6005 18-Pack Tomato Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes
Price: $2.99
21 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far a Fantastic Job of Fertilizing (but a sad story follows), July 30, 2014
I had a lot of very healthy tomato plants in a raised bed in my back yard. They seemed to get especially healthy after I poked a bunch of these tomato fertilizer spikes in many places in the beds around the already adult plants. They appeared to become vibrant with good health, and were giving me a LOT of tomatoes. I had to go on vacation for a week and my now former best friend promised me that she would water my plants while I was away. She did not keep her promise and about 60% of my plants just died from thirst. 30% were sick but still alive, and only about 10% seemed rather unscathed by her lack of watering. I am upset because these plants are (were) my babies. Thank god I didn't leave my pets in her care. Anyway, I have spent a lot of time clearing out the dead plants and trimming up the sick ones, watered like mad and am about to poke a few more these spikes in and around my sickly and surviving plants and see if they revive back to health. The summer is not over yet and I'm not giving up.

I'm not really expecting a miracle, but if my poor, abused plants recover then I will be ordering a case of these spikes. However, they really seem to do a great job of fertilizing. Before the tomato plant holocaust happened I had a few tomatoes with a touch of rot-bottom so I added a heaping amount of Epsom salt and watered it in thoroughly. I don't know how long these spikes actually fertilize the plants - I think the package said they would last for 3 months but I have my doubts about that so I'm adding more. I will update this review later for anyone interested in how things turn out with my plants.

Zenna Home by Zenith 129190460Z Alexa Fabric Shower Curtain, Grey Blue
Zenna Home by Zenith 129190460Z Alexa Fabric Shower Curtain, Grey Blue
Price: $33.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Zenna Home Fabric Shower Curtain, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a beautiful shower curtain! It looks and feels silky and is gently sparkly. I have it hanging in our guest bathroom which has pastel printed wallpaper and the silvery blue/gray color of the shower curtain blends nicely. It hangs softly and evenly and works well with the inner clear plastic shower liner. The clearish band that is near the top will allow you to be seen while in the shower, but is very muted and only heads and shoulders will be seen.

Very lovely, therefore 5 stars.

Mccormick Gluten-Free Taco, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Mccormick Gluten-Free Taco, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 12)

3.0 out of 5 stars McCormick Gluten-Free Taco Mix, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're gluten sensitive and want an easy taco mix then McCormick gluten-free taco mix is acceptable, however, it is very salty. I used one package with one can of chicken and one can of refried beans (and they have a bit of salt also), added the required 3/4 cup of water and ended up adding more water to bring the salt level down some.

It's not bad, but it really didn't have a lot of "taco" seasoning flavor. I might try using it for other things since it's so salty and not all that strong on taco seasonings.

Crystal Body Deodorant Stone with Dish in Box, Unscented, 3 Ounce
Crystal Body Deodorant Stone with Dish in Box, Unscented, 3 Ounce
Price: $2.89
21 used & new from $2.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I Had Found This Years Ago!!!, July 29, 2014
I was apprehensive about how this "rock" would work, but I gotta admit, I'm very happy with it. It's not convenient to take on a vacation yet because I don't have a container for it, but otherwise I use it everyday. I have a small backyard garden and I have applied Crystal Body in the morning and then toiled like a slave during the hottest part of the day. Yes, I sweat. Like a PIG! But I don't stink! AT ALL!!

The first few times applying it was a bit confusing in that I wasn't sure if any of it was actually rubbing off onto my skin. I held the rock in one hand, added a few drops of water to the top of it and smeared it around some then rubbed it into my armpit. Even though I can't tell there is anything on my skin, the rock is slowly wearing away and I don't stink. I love this thing and it's all natural so I really love not putting some man-made chemical concoction on my skin anymore that only served to plug up my sweat glands and stain my clothing. I have ordered two more of these to either use myself, or give as gifts.

Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs, Original, 72 Count
Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs, Original, 72 Count
Price: $17.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These things look and feel very weird but they seem to do a good job cleaning dirty laundry. We just back from vacation and had a trunk load of really dirty laundry and I used the Gain Flings for the first time. I noticed that they don't make very many suds at all, and they have a perfume odor. Normally, I don't like anything perfume, but I sort of like my laundry to have a good smell because it tells me that it's really clean. I washed several large loads using one Fling per load.

I dried the laundry in the dryer using dryer sheets. Upon folding the clothes I noticed that they had a nice, light perfume scent which I liked, which sort of surprised me. Anyway, these are a bit more convenient than scooping out powder or pouring out liquid. Just toss one in and load the washing machine. I don't like that the plastic container holding the 72 Flings is not bio-degradable like the cardboard powder laundry boxed detergents are.

Barbie MALIBU AVE Bakery Doll Playset
Barbie MALIBU AVE Bakery Doll Playset
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Barbie MALIBU AVE Bakery Doll Playset, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of my daughters (age 11) is crazy about anything "Barbie" and has almost a roomful of Barbie related stuff. I was hesitant to get this but after seeing her reaction to it and how long she played with it (I finally had to make her stop and go to bed) I would say it was a hit. Even her tomboy sister got in on it and they were having a blast. They used Skylander characters for customers and all sorts of havoc and chaos ensued.

The most difficult thing about the Barbie Malibu playset was getting all of it out of the box. I was glad to see they weren't using metal wires but slender plastic bands to tie everything down in the box. Of course there is the usual mountain of waste that goes into the landfill which always irks me, but the product itself is fairly durable plastic. The Barbie doll knees bend so she can sit at the table in the chair, and it does look like a cute bakery/soda-fountain-like situation. It's very colorful, in the traditional Barbie pink, and fun to play with.

The Frangipani Hotel: Fiction
The Frangipani Hotel: Fiction
by Violet Kupersmith
Price: $18.16
75 used & new from $2.18

5.0 out of 5 stars The Frangipani Hotel: Fiction, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was a bit doubtful of the quality of the stories that would be in this book, but I selected it anyway based on others reviews. I can honestly say I'm very glad I got this book. If you like stories that constantly keep you interested and on the edge of your seat as to what is going to happen next, then this book is right up your alley. I think they're kind of like the old "Twilight Zone" series of stories except based in Vietnam because each one is unique and very interesting. I also liked very much learning about the details of daily life in Vietnam in so many different situations......really very interesting.

I can comfortably recommend this book as an interesting read for those who like spooky stories that aren't very long and are very fun to read.

Iams Proactive Health Mature Adult Premium Dog Nutrition, 15 Pound
Iams Proactive Health Mature Adult Premium Dog Nutrition, 15 Pound
Price: $17.97
11 used & new from $16.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Iams Proactive Health Mature Adult Premium Dog Food, July 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My two dogs aren't as fond of this food as some others I have tried on them, but they will eat it without a fuss. The chunk size is about the circumference of a dime, and thick. I have two small dogs and they are able to eat it just fine. The price is much cheaper than other Iams dog foods because the ingredients aren't nearly as good. The first few ingredients are: corn meal, chicken by-products (and those have to be pretty gross), whole grain sorghum, dried beet pulp, chicken (5th on the list) and dried egg product (didn't say just "egg" but "egg product". Could be just eggshells who knows?).

This is isn't my first choice in dog food, but I'd buy it over Old Roy and those ultra-cheap garbage brands any day. Iams is usually pretty good dog food.

Norton Small Business - 5 Device
Norton Small Business - 5 Device
Price: $74.99
4 used & new from $69.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare to Install, July 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Installing this antivirus was very difficult. First of all, I strongly suggest that if you have ever used Norton before, and established an account with them, no matter how long ago it was, please find your old password and USE IT! I had used Norton several years ago and since have used various other anti-viruses and long discarded my old password and e-mail information. When I tried to create a new account with a new password I received a message saying this e-mail was already taken. So I tried using another e-mail address and got the message that my code was INVALID.

I connected with Symantec's Chat Help and after over 2 HOURS they were able to get this program installed on my Windows XP computer, but not before they had to take remote control access of my PC to do it. This really was making me very uneasy since two different techs were inside my computer!! I have since gone and changed all my passwords to all my important stuff.

My computer is now running Nortons Small Business Antivirus but I am not going to attempt to install it on any more of my devices. I will gladly pay AVIRA for another year.....it was so simple to use and such a good program (AVIRA). If anything goes wrong with Norton I will update this review. I cannot recommend this product. One of the technicians asked me if I had the CD. It does NOT come with a CD....what you get is a card that has instructions and the code on it.

Francois et Mimi Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press,34oz
Francois et Mimi Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press,34oz
Offered by Luzy's Storage Place
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $38.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Francois et MImi Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press, 43 oz., July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a terrific French Press. Why I like it so much is because it is made entirely of stainless steel, therefore it won't break like the glass French presses. I ran it through the dishwasher before using and it came out just fine. I've used it several times now and each time it makes delicious coffee. I will be taking this baby with me the next time we go camping and leave the camp pot at home. I don't know yet how long it will keep the coffee hot as I can't seem to wait long enough to find out. It will pour out about two regular sized coffee mugs worth before you need to make another pot. I would NOT heat water in it directly on the stove. Use something else and pour the hot water into the press. The double wall will not transfer heat well, and I can see the press being ruined this way. And it says in the instructions not to use it on a burner.

The only thing that's messy is cleaning the grounds out of it. After it has cooled down I will add about one cup of tap water and loosen and swirl the ground around with my hand. Then I pour the contents into our compost bucket and repeat once more. Then I can rinse the rest of the grounds out and let them go down the drain. I've washed it in the dishwasher and by hand. Either way is easy. The mesh presser does catch grounds underneath, but that's to be expected. I take the sink sprayer and knock them out with that.

Overall, great and beautiful French press! I will be using this a lot, and when I'm not it has it's display space on my antique kitchen rack.

This pot also works well for making tea.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20