Profile for LoveGuitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 996

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveGuitar "LoveGuitar" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kitchens Of India Ready To Eat Pindi Chana, Chick Pea Curry, 10-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $15.53
17 used & new from $15.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchens of India Ready to Eat Pindi Chana, chick Pea Curry, October 30, 2014
I love Indian food. I frequent the Indian grocery store almost weekly. I was wanting some Indian cuisine that I could quickly heat up for my family without having to go to a lot of work. The "Kitchens of India Ready to Eat Pindi Chana" is great taste-wise and labor-wise. I just opened the pouches and poured them into a saucepan to heat up. I poured it over rice since it's on the spicy side. It takes 2 pouches to give a family of 4 an adequate serving.

Tastes delicious and I will be buying more of this. And it doesn't require refrigeration so it makes a great camping food or when the power might go off. I love foods that I can store in my Pantry for an extended period of time and that taste good too.

D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner
D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner
Price: $12.95
93 used & new from $8.45

4.0 out of 5 stars D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Guitar Tuner, October 30, 2014
I'm a classical guitar teacher and I use various guitar tuners every single day. I teach my students how to tune their own guitars but it's just faster for me to quickly tune them before the lesson starts in order to save time. I can tune a guitar in less than 20 seconds with a good tuner. I have a LOT of electronic tuners, some good, some so-so. I bought this D'Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner because of it being able to be set to other tuning frequencies other than 440Hz and stay at that setting after turning it off and back on again. All my Snarks and other tuners reset back to 440. I've read that tuning down to 432HZ is much better for you health-wise. Something about 432 fitting nicely with our Chi or something to that nature.

So, here's what I like so far about this little tuner:

1. Can be set to other tuning frequencies other than 440
2. Tunes strings accurately to pitch.
3. Small profile while on guitar
4. Metronome works well.

What I don't like:

1. The D'Addario is permanently in one position only. I like to have my tuners on the back of the head of the guitar facing me so I can easily see the screen. With the A'ddario, if I attach it to the back of the head, I have either lean way back or tilt the guitar way forward to see it. If I attach it to the front of the head I have to lean over the guitar to see it. I really don't like that. I love how the Snark will let you adjust the angle of the tuner head.

2. It's not as easy to attach quickly as a Snark. I am constantly putting on and taking off my tuners from my student's guitars. I feel I need to be careful lest I break the plastic clip device.

If a Snark would just hold to different frequencies after turning off then it would always be my tuner of choice. The D'Addario does tune well, but it's not as easy to see as a Snark, due to the straight angle of the screen.

Duraflame DFI021ARU Freestanding Electric Log Set
Duraflame DFI021ARU Freestanding Electric Log Set
Price: $129.99
6 used & new from $120.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Duraflame Freestanding Electric Log Set, October 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I unpacked this fireplace log heater set, plugged it in and turned it on, it wouldn't turn on. I kept trying by pressing the red switch on and off as instructed in the instructions but still it wouldn't turn on. I put a call in to customer service and they were very nice and wrote me a ticket. Later, my 12 year old daughter came home from school and was excited to see the new heater until I told her I couldn't get it to turn on. She asked if she could try and I said o.k. She figured it out. She's a very smart kid. I'm still not real sure exactly how it works, but after you turn the red switch on you must press relatively hard and HOLD for a while the red button on the remote control. After about 5 seconds it turns on. I can sometimes get it to turn on and sometimes I can't, but my daughter can always get it to turn on. I don't know why it is difficult to turn on, I would think it should turn on like any other space heater.

So, what I like:

1. It's pretty to look at when running - looks like a real fire burning.
2. It has 2 fire brightness levels though there's not that much difference in the two.
3. It fits our standard fireplace just fine.
4. It has a heater so if it gets cold in our room we can use the heater aspect.
5. We can have a fake fire in the summer if we want too by not using the heater but only the flame aspect.
6. Turns off easily with the remote control.
7. Comes with a remote control and two Duracell AAA batteries.

What I don't like:
1. Turning it on is still a challenge for me.
2. The power cord is about 2 feet too short causing us to have to set the fireplace log set slightly askew towards one side so the power cord can reach an outlet.
3. Noisy when the heater blower is running but not overly noisy.
4. It's made out of plastic so I don't know how well that will hold up over time with the heater being used a lot.

I don't know if the long delay in starting the unit running is normal or not. If customer service contacts me about it I will ask them and then update this review.

UPDATE: 10.30.14 - I just now spoke to "Adam" of customer service and told him about the problem concerning turning on the heater. He thinks it may be a problem with the remote control and is sending me another one to try on the heater. He said the remote control needs a direct line of sight, and be no further away than 4 feet from the heater. Also, he said to have the heater settings the way you want them manually by using the buttons on the side of the heater - fire, heater setting. The fireplace log set never really turns off, it goes into "standby" mode via the remote control. If the unit is easier and quicker to turn on and off with the new remote control I will raise the star level from 3 to 4.

Umbra Twilight Drapery Rod for Window, 48 to 88-Inch, Auburn Bronze
Umbra Twilight Drapery Rod for Window, 48 to 88-Inch, Auburn Bronze
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $35.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Bracket - Unable to Hang Rod, October 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This curtain rod by Umbra looks like it should be a very good curtain rod, but when I started to install it I found I was missing a very important part. I have looked all over the box the curtain rod came in to find a phone number, e-mail address or something that will allow me to contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement part. The missing part is the small bracket that slides into the curtain rod mounts. I need three, and only have two. I have tried to find an e-mail address for Umbra via an internet search and can only find a webstore with no helpful information. I know I was very careful when unpacking the curtain rod, knowing I was supposed to write a review. Well, this is the review so far. I'm unable to hang the rod until I get a bracket. I will continue this quest, but for now I will remain neutral with 3 stars until I can figure something out. Also, there are no stores near where I live. Maybe someone from Umbra will read this review and contact me. I've looked all over the place just in case the bracket fell out, but it didn't.

Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player (Black)
Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player (Black)
Price: $28.24
58 used & new from $18.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Super DVD Player!!, October 29, 2014
Absolutely simple to connect up to your TV set and to use. I bought this little DVD player to hook up to my mother's TV set at her nursing home. I brought no tools and was able to have it up and running in about 5 minutes. It comes with a nice remote control, but you can operate everything from the front panel. Comes with all the cables you will need. It played every movie I put in it so far and does not seem to have any problems with codes or reasons why some DVD's won't play. I really like it and it was exactly what I was looking for. It's super simple to operate and you don't even need the instructions or the remote control. Unless something goes wrong with it I am giving it 5 stars. Sleek and black too, with a low profile.

Super Mario Brothers, Mario Costume, Large
Super Mario Brothers, Mario Costume, Large
Offered by Yagoozon
Price: $21.99
30 used & new from $16.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but TOO SMALL, October 29, 2014
RUNS SMALL. Get a size bigger than you think your child will need. I don't have time to return this costume so I am having to alter this LARGE -sized costume it to fit my small sized child. It's supposed to fit a child sized 12 to 14. My kid is no bigger than a 10 and yet it's way too small. I went to the cloth store last night to try and find some material that will come close to matching the color of the blue of the costume fabric. I wasn't able to get an exact match, but I have started ripping out the crotch seams and will have make it lower, and then add length to the legs. It's a cute costume but it should have fit without me having to go through all of this.

Aqua Sphere Kaiman Exo Swimming Goggles with Clear Lens, Blue Muted/White
Aqua Sphere Kaiman Exo Swimming Goggles with Clear Lens, Blue Muted/White
Price: $19.69
8 used & new from $19.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, A Pair of Goggles I can Wear, October 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have ALWAYS had a terrible time with various swim goggles trying to get them to fit, and then not have them leave big, irritating red marks on my skin under my eyes after using them. Sometimes, no matter how much adjusting and fussing I would do I would get marks so bad that my skin got little scabs. I quit wearing goggles because of that. Oh my goodness!! These Aqua Sphere Kaiman Exo Swim Goggles are so comfortable (at least compared to all the others I've tried). I can wear them for about an hour before I need to take them off. They fit nice and snug around my eyes with no leaking, no fogging and my skin is not nearly so marked up. And I actually look pretty cool in them!

And besides them working well and fitting nicely, they are very easy to adjust by lifting up on the little silver plastic side tabs which release the straps enough to easily pull to tighten or loosen. I have spent hours fighting with the straps on other goggles. The field of vision is fine. I can see in all directions clearly with no distortion.

These are definitely 5 stars. Being made in Italy makes me feel a lot better about the quality of the rubber being pressed against my skin. Maybe it was the cheap rubber in the Chinese-made goggles that irritated my skin so badly. I really am happy to have been given an opportunity to try out these goggles. I will be buying me and my family several more pairs. I will be using the plastic case they came in to keep them safe from scratching. Nice packaging idea!

Vega Sport Protein Bar Chocolate Coconut -- 12 Bars
Vega Sport Protein Bar Chocolate Coconut -- 12 Bars

4.0 out of 5 stars Vega Sport Protein Bar Chocolate Coconut, October 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would give this product 3 stars for taste - it's not all that great. But overall I think it deserves 4 stars just because it's non-GMO and gluten-free. Being plant-based helps some too, though I'm not opposed to animal fat. If you've never eaten a Vega Sport Protein Chocolate Coconut bar please don't expect it to be like a Mounds or Almond Joy. There is much less coconut in the Vega, and the texture of the entire bar is thicker and grainier. It contains 15 grams of protein per bar, also 19 grams of sugar and 29 grams of total carbohydrate. None of this is truly bad in my opinion except maybe the high sugar content. An Almond Joy bar has 20 grams of sugar so the difference is about 5 grams between a candy bar and the Vega bar.

I only eat half of any sports bar at a time because of the high calorie content (Vega has 250 calories/bar) and the high sugar content. I get enough energy from just half to keep me going through a medium intensity workout or run. Afterwards I'm ready to really eat some food.

ZANheadgear Balaclava (Nylon Black)
ZANheadgear Balaclava (Nylon Black)
Price: $7.94
36 used & new from $5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect for Me!, October 26, 2014
I'm female and this Balaclava fit my head perfectly. I love how slick and black it is and plan on wearing it underneath my full-face toboggan this winter while playing tennis. It covers my neck completely too. I might look a little weird, but I hate have having a frozen face and ears. Be aware that this will not fit those with large heads. It will fit women with average sized heads.

Prince O3 White MP Tennis Racquet(4 1/4)
Prince O3 White MP Tennis Racquet(4 1/4)
Offered by Tennis Express
Price: $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Prince O3 White MP Tennis Racquet 4 1/4, October 26, 2014
I have been playing with this racquet now for only about 2 weeks, but already I am hitting much faster and harder shots than with my old Head racquet. I don't think the Prince O3 is any better than the Head, it's the difference in the the grip size mainly. Both are quite good racquets and the Head is a couple of grams lighter, but the smaller grip on the O3 makes all the difference in the world to me.

I'm not a pro tennis player, I'm really not even a very good player but I do play at a B level and I am improving with more practice. I like the way the O3 feels in my grip, the swing feels more controlled, and I am able to hit with more control and power than before. The only thing I would like to change are the strings. The racquet comes pre-strung, but the tension is very stiff. I will probably get it re-strung before next season to have more flex in the strings. I like to be able to feel the tennis ball make contact with the sweet spot on the racquet. With the current string tension, sometimes I feel like I'm hitting the ball with a board.

Overall, it's very good racquet for the price ($68.95), and I will be using it for the long haul unless I lose it like I lost my other Prince. It's definitely good enough for a beginner and up to intermediate player. I showed it to my tennis coach and after he looked at it for a moment he said it was a very good racquet. Also, it comes with a racquet bag which I didn't expect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20