Profile for LoveGuitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 946

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveGuitar "LoveGuitar" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance LIT Jumpin' Stix Duck Formula with Glucosamine and Chondroitin Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $8.99
8 used & new from $6.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Jumpin' Stix, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Though the package says, "Packed with pride in the USA", it does NOT mean the product was made in the USA, and if it was it would say so on the package. It was probably made in China. I am very wary of dog treat ingredients and assume most all of them come from China. So please take that into consideration. That said, my two small dogs really to seem to like these treats. The treats are about 4" long each so I break them in half. I'm kind of scared to give them more than one at a time each day because of the chance that the ingredients could be harmful (China). I have no idea if the glucosamine(400 mg/kg) and chondroitin(200 mg/kg) is in sufficient quantities to help with any joint problems.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Delectable Delights Fetchin' Catchin's Dog Stew, 8-Ounce, Case of 12
Price: $28.27
7 used & new from $28.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My two small pooches really seemed to like this food. I tasted it and it still tasted like dog food. It looks like a sumptuous stew with morsels of meat and veggies in a sauce, but it tasted to me like basic, canned dog food. Whatever that ingredient(s) is/are, that is the same in most all moist dog foods is still there in this one.

That said, the first few ingredients are tuna broth, tuna, duck, carrots and dried egg so it seems to have some different ingredients than the usual chicken and corn meal. It is easy to open and it has a plastic lid to keep any remaining dog food from drying out in the fridge. The plastic container is recyclable.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Mini-Rewards Chicken Formula Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $12.13
7 used & new from $4.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Tasties, September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My two small pooches LOVE these. My daughter uses them to make the smart one learn new tricks. The other one just sits watching begging for more. The ingredients list reads well with chicken being the 1st ingredient. Actual verification of where the ingredients come from is not given, so buyer beware, it could be more garbage from China. That said, these apparently are very tasty to my two dogs and I can see them being taken on long car trips to keep their stomachs from becoming totally empty but not full to the point of upset.

Tomcat Wooden Mouse Traps (2 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Tomcat Wooden Mouse Traps (2 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Price: $1.49
12 used & new from $1.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Tomcat Wooden Mouse Trap (2Pck), September 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Believe it or not, I have bought a lot of mouse traps in the recent past. Not that I have a lot of mice that need to be eradicated in my home (none really), but in the event of some sort of calamity occurs and the garbage trucks stop running for a few days/weeks leaving enormous piles of garbage on the streets (New York City a few years ago - garbage strike) and the rats/mice come henceforth, I want something to keep them out of my house.

These traps should work for mice as long as they are small. These traps are a lot smaller than any of the traps I previously bought from the hardware store. And they're a bit tricky to set, but once set and tripped they have quite a powerful snap. Surely enough to break a small rodents neck. I hope I never really have to use these but I think they will work if you are patient in setting them up and use a good bait.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Hip and Joint Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Hip and Joint Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Price: $9.52
9 used & new from $7.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Hip and Joint Salmon Jerky Treats for Dogs, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It says on the package, "Made in the USA", but that doesn't mean that the ingredients originated in the USA. I've been very wary of treats these days, especially anything from China. That said, these treats are readily eaten by my two little monsters. The chihuahua is by far the most finicky and if she eats it, then it has to taste good. Salmon is the first ingredient though I doubt it's totally the rich red meat that we humans eat. It's more likely that it contains salmon guts, scales, skin and some meat. Dried potatoes are the next ingredient on the list. I think the potatoes are what gives the treat a sort of "cardboardy" texture. The package is small-only 4 oz for around $9.00 (at the time of this review), so I give them to my dogs sparingly to make them last a little bit longer. They contain Glucosamine and Condroitin so supposedly they might help some with stiff/sore joints.

Overall, I think these are probably better treats than many others, but I really don't know how good they actually are without doing lab tests on them.

Always Discreet Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Regular Length, 198 Count
Always Discreet Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Regular Length, 198 Count
Price: $48.93
2 used & new from $48.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Discreet Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Regular Length, September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are fantastic!! They can be used for various needs by women, the main one being for urine leakage. I am very impressed with how much they hold. I slowly poured over one full cup of water into one and it just kept taking it up. Even after the pad was fat and heavy there was NO LEAKAGE! The top layer of the pad is DRY! The bottom side of the pad is plastic with a heavy coating of sticky so these will stay in place. Even after they are fat and full of water and I squeezed one between my fingers no water comes out. I am really blown away by the quality of these pads. And they're so soft. I don't think they should be uncomfortable for anyone to wear for minor to medium leakage. I don't think they would do for overnight but for during the day when you are out and about they should do just fine.

These could also be used as menstrual pads, however they do not have wings to protect your underwear. Also, they are extremely flat and compact for easy carrying in even a small purse. Truly wonderful for those who need some help absorbing leakage throughout the day.

DermaSav Barrier Cream and Skin Protectant, 4 Ounce
DermaSav Barrier Cream and Skin Protectant, 4 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars DermaSav Barrier Cream and Skin Protectant, 4 oz., September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use these types of barrier creams for myself. I'm a perfectly healthy person, it's just that I like to stay active by hiking and playing tennis.....A LOT. I usually get some sort of friction rub especially when hiking, due to the length of the hikes, the heat, humidity and needing to relieve oneself along the way. After a day or two it can get a bit tender. I have used and continue to use several different brands of diaper rash creams and they all work quite well (except for Desitin - it stings, remember that if you use it on a sore baby's behind) but the DermaSav is especially good. I went on a hike this weekend and used it BEFORE and after I got back and was quite happy that I was not sore at all!! It does leave a barrier that seems to stay a bit longer than the other diaper rash creams, but I wouldn't say it was heads and tails above them. Actually, it does about as well as the others but does seem to last a little bit longer. I don't know if the tiny amount of Calamine lotion does anything but give the cream a pink tinge. It's in such a small amount (1%) that I don't see it as contributing anything beneficial.

Overall, this is a very good skin protectant cream, though I cannot say how well it will soothe someone who wears incontinence underwear, or is bed-ridden.

D'Addario NS Micro Violin Tuner
D'Addario NS Micro Violin Tuner
Price: $17.83
7 used & new from $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars D'Addario NS Micro Violin Tuner, September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This tuner is nice and small but has a very vivid read-out. I own, and have used many, many different types of electronic tuners over the years ranging from the old and clunky analog tuners of the 1980's to the much more modern and highly functional D'Addario Mocro tuners. I have only used guitar tuners and this is my first violin tuner but I am very impressed with it. It's very accurate, easy to use, and what I find very useful is that it will stay at the Hertz level last programmed into it. It is becoming more apparent that the traditional 440 (standard pitch) tuning is not in sync with our bodies and natural environment and that tuning to 432 is much better for us in so many ways. The D'Addario tuners are the only ones so far that I have found that will tune lower frequencies and remain at that level even after turning it off. You will have to manually change it back to 440 or whatever Hertz you are desiring. I have been tuning down to 432 and find that my mood is better when I play at that level.

As far as the physical aspects of this tuner it is very nice. It is small and has tiny rubber pads that will keep your violin's finish safe from scratches. It clamps easily onto the violin and can sense the vibrations of the individual strings. It also has a metronome mode that flashes, but I never use that function on any of my various tuners because I find it more distracting than helpful. But, you may really like the metronome function. It uses a standard CR 2032 battery and comes with one already installed. Just pull out the plastic tab to activate it.

Overall, an excellent tuner and should last for years if you take care of it.

2014 NEW iRulu 10 inch Quad Core Android Tablet PC, 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, A31S 1.2Ghz,1024*600, Dual Cameras, 5 Point Capacitive Touch Screen, 8GB Storage, HDMI, Back to school sales!
Offered by hyperay.usa
Price: $199.99
3 used & new from $90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DRoid for $100.00!!, September 9, 2014
I bought this based on the previous reviews, and I'm glad I did. For a $100.00 android it does a good job, at least so far. I've only had it for 19 days as of this review, but it has functioned flawlessly with no problems that I can recall. What turned me on most about it was the fact that it had the latest 4.4.2 OS. And I wanted something that was FAST. I have bought several 100 dollar and below androids and they all sucked so I was hesitant to even try this one, but the previous reviews, and my bank account talked me into it.

I haven't even tried out the camera - sorry, I never planned on taking any pictures with this thing and some of the other reviews said the camera/video was not good. I wanted something that I could cruise the internet, watch videos and download books while I laid ensconced on the sofa at night. For all this, it works very well. The colors are vivid enough, and it's fast enough despite us having a terribly slow internet connection. My previous cheap droids were so slow that I found other things to do while they dragged themselves from site to site. But not this one. It moves quickly. I just wish I could have more than 5 tabs open at one time.

Also, it can be charged two ways: from an included adapter, and via USB. There are TWO separate charging ports!!!! It comes pre-loaded with several apps, but GooglePlay Store has a bunch of freebies. Netflix works well as does Youtube. It has all the bells and whistles that it's advertised to have so carefully look over those and see if they suit you. All I can really say is that I'm happy with it. I just hope it lasts longer than my previous droids. It boots up really fast and the battery charges pretty quickly and last at least 2 hours of internet cruising before needing recharging.

Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment Rash Spray, 3.5 Ounce
Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment Rash Spray, 3.5 Ounce

4.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment Rash Spray 3.5 oz., September 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment rash spray good stuff, but I think it's kind of pricey at $11.99 for only 3.5 oz. But, it is soothing and I can attest to that from personal experience. I like trying out the different diaper rash creams because I like to hike and usually I get some sort of chafing burn/rash and frequently need to apply some sort of diaper rash ointment afterwards. I've tried several and one of them actually stings - Desitin, so I no longer use that one. Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment does NOT sting, is very soothing, easy to apply and very easy to take along with you and no fear of accidentally rupturing a tube of cream. I feel this good for babies and for adults too so if you are o.k. spending this much money on a diaper rash ointment then I feel this is a good one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20