Profile for LoveGuitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1268

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveGuitar "LoveGuitar" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Nutro Company Adult Wholesome Essentials Dog Food with Chicken, Whole Brown Rice and Oatmeal Formula, 5-Pound
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Nutro Company Adult Dog Food, July 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Some people think that this dog food is made in the USA. If it was truly made in the USA, if ALL the ingredients were grown or made in the USA, it would be saying that all over the package. On the back of the bag near the bottom, is a tiny American flag with the following words underneath,"Made in the USA with the finest ingredients FROM AROUND THE WORLD". I would say it's a safe bet that "around the world" mainly means CHINA. But, I guess more investigative work would determine that.

All that said, and assuming the ingredients themselves are not harmful eat, this dog food is alright. The first ingredient is chicken and I always like to see meat of some sort as the first ingredient. It's followed by chicken meal and I don't know what exactly that is. It could be bones and beaks ground up with cornmeal.....I don't know. I do know that my 2 small dogs seem to like this food and since they are little I can afford to purchase the better stuff though I got this bag for free to review.

Cellucor Alpha Amino Acid Supplement with BCAA, Watermelon, 30 Servings
Cellucor Alpha Amino Acid Supplement with BCAA, Watermelon, 30 Servings
Offered by J&B Trading
Price: $29.99
9 used & new from $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cellucor Alpha Amino Acid Supplement, July 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I worked out very hard last night doing an extra long walk, run with sprints. (I personally believe all women should be able to sprint at breakneck speed for about an eight of a mile in case they need to escape from an undesirable situation). I did a few extra sprints for a longer distance. I could tell that my leg muscles were feeling very strained and that I would be sore the next day. After coming home I fixed a tall glass of Cellucor Alpha Amino Acid Supplement and drank it all down. I thought it tasted too sweet and I still detected a bit of an unpleasant undertone but overall it tasted alright.

Usually after intense workouts I walk around the next day like an old lady with a really bad case of hemorrhoids because I'm all stiff and sore and miserable for a day or so. But, I'm happy to report that I feel fine this morning! No stiffness or soreness and I feel like I could go out this evening and do it all over again. I can only assume that the Alpha Amino Supplement did what it says it will do - which is to relieve your muscles by way of amino acids. I am also pleased that it contains no calories or carbs since I am trying to shed a few pounds as well as get back into top condition. I am 57 years young and I know what it feels like to be sore the next day. This stuff is great! If only it tasted just a little bit better.

Home Health Castor Oil, Cold Pressed and Cold Processed, 32-Ounce
Home Health Castor Oil, Cold Pressed and Cold Processed, 32-Ounce
Offered by OxKom
Price: $14.68
44 used & new from $9.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Hand Made Soap!!!, July 29, 2015
I bought this oil for soap making only. I don't think it is made for ingestion but it makes a great hand made soap component and is a good price. I bought 2 of these and will buy more when needed. This is the least expensive castor oil I have found yet and it pours out just as thick and slowly as the other castor oils I have purchased in the past. I will definitely be using this again.

Cybrtrayd J107 Guitar Pieces Chocolate Candy Mold with Exclusive Cybrtrayd Copyrighted Chocolate Molding Instructions
Price: $5.85
3 used & new from $2.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good for Soap Molds, July 29, 2015
These will be good for making candies but not for soaps. The molds are too small, too shallow and therefore not adequate for soaps. However, I can see that they would probably be good for candy making and since that is what they are made for I should have just passed on purchasing these for soap making molds. I really need some guitar shaped molds and I was hoping these would work.....but alas......

San Andreas Quake
San Andreas Quake
DVD
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the STUPIDEST Movie I Think I've Ever Seen, July 28, 2015
I don't know how they managed to make a movie so bad, so unrealistic and so unbelievably stupid. I was actually WANTING every character in it to DIE. I could make a list a mile long of the incredible ignorance of the writers, producers and whoever else was involved in this less than a D rating movie but I really don't want to remind myself of them lest I start screaming at the TV again.

I wasted $3.99 and I really would have rather just used the money as toilet paper - literally - to wipe my ass with it. At least I would have gotten a much better value. Amazon Digital - you really have NO business charging people to watch this p.o.s. movie and I want my money back!!!!!

Fiskars Heavy-Duty Kitchen Shears, Gray
Fiskars Heavy-Duty Kitchen Shears, Gray
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $23.38
14 used & new from $18.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiskar's Heavy-Duty Kitchen Shears, Gray, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are so far, the best kitchen shears I have ever had. Though I have given them 5 stars this is only tentative on how long they last. I've had other nice shears and later found that they broke or something happened that made them non-functional. However, as best I can tell, these are powerful and well-constructed shears. Solid stainless steel with rubberized handles which make it very easy to hold onto to them. The arc shape of them make it easy to get the shears into tight places when cutting difficult materials. They are sharp right out of the package so I guess having a little lock clip on the handle to keep them closed is a good idea. I would not like anyone to get cut while fishing through the kitchen drawer that holds the shears and other utensils. Also, a sheath comes with the shears to keep the blades closed and clean from contaminants.

They also come apart so please do that when putting them in the dishwasher so that both halves get very cleaned.

Slumberjack Timberjack 20 Regular Right Hand Zip Sleeping Bag
Slumberjack Timberjack 20 Regular Right Hand Zip Sleeping Bag
Price: $65.82
12 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Slumberjack Timberjack 20 Sleeping Bag (Right Hand), July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not really sure why this sleeping bag is advertised as "right hand". If you use the pillow pocket then yes, the zipper is one the right side. If you turn the bag over and use your bed pillow then the zipper will be on the left hand side so it really doesn't matter much about what side the zipper is on. The pillow pouch is for a small pillow, but I will probably put in some lightly dirty laundry for padding if I choose to use it.

The bag itself is the best one I have ever had and I've had several sleeping bags throughout my life. It is THICK, very well-constructed and made for cold temperatures. I wish I had it last fall when we went camping and the temperature at night fell to almost freezing. I really like this bag too, because it is l-o-n-g. I'm 5'10" and I could slide snuggly into it and cover my face. The zipper is plastic but seems durable. The outer fabric is a light weight nylon-type having a nice midnight blue color. The brown stripe is a nice touch.

If I have a complaint it would be this - the carry bag it comes in will be useless once you pull the sleeping bag out of it. There are no straps to keep the bag rolled up so I am using two bungee cords. I won't even try to stuff this bag back into the carry sack it came in. Use that bag for your dirty laundry or something.

Overall - a really good quality sleeping bag and is rated for 20 degrees Fahrenheit, -7C.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2015 6:40 PM PDT

Unremarried Widow: A Memoir
Unremarried Widow: A Memoir
by Artis Henderson
Price: $25.00
140 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Unremarried Widow: A Memoir, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book fully deserves 5 stars. If I put a book down and go about my life's business but am thinking about the book and anxiously awaiting the moment I can pick it up and start reading it again - 5 stars. Full of poignant reality, honest to the core about her situation whether she's in the right or wrong - it doesn't matter. I was totally pulled into the memoir. I will recommend this book and will be reading it again.

Entangled In Darkness: Seeking the Light
Entangled In Darkness: Seeking the Light
by Deborah King
Price: $13.41
65 used & new from $0.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Entangled in Darkness: Seeking the Light, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm sorry I even got this book for review. The other reviews are very adequate and the only thing I can add is that Reiki is NOT a dark healing power. I am a Reiki II and have seen some beautiful results from it. I couldn't tolerate this book very well and though I don't hate it, I find little to like. I'm sorry she got cancer and went nuts but her life path is still very much on a learning curve and I found very little I could take home and use. Write a book on spiritual healing after many years have passed, and you're getting old and hopefully wiser, and I'll be happy to read it then and give a higher star rating.

Breath of Yesterday (The Curse Series)
Breath of Yesterday (The Curse Series)
by Emily Bold
Price: $8.00
41 used & new from $2.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Breath of Yesterday, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book was not what I was expecting. I had a hard time with the nature of their "true love" relationship because if I was in a relationship like that I'd be getting out real fast, much less going back in time and trying to save him. It was not very healthy and I really don't like it when women don't have the sense to get out what, imho, is not a good situation and find someone healthy. But you only get what you yourself can deliver so I guess they were right for each other.

The time travel and history about Scotland was good and I enjoyed that. I didn't read the first book in the series but that didn't impede the flow of the story for me since enough back story was given. The "curse" was a nice touch to the story and why I found this book more enjoyable. Not really bad, but not all that good either but I'm none the worse for reading it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20