Profile for LoveGuitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1044

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveGuitar "LoveGuitar" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Marineland PA0371 Black Diamond Activated Carbon, 10-Ounce, 283-Gram
Marineland PA0371 Black Diamond Activated Carbon, 10-Ounce, 283-Gram
Price: $5.99
23 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Marineland PA0371 Black Diamond Activated Carbon, 10-Ounce, 283-Gram, December 20, 2014
We used this activated carbon in my child's science project for school. Her project was about various types of water filters and how well they worked, including a homemade one using this carbon as part of the filtering device. That particular filter didn't do so well, but it was made out of rocks, sand, activated charcoal and coffee filters so I didn't really expect it to filter out bacteria very well. From: http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/question209.htm:

"Activated charcoal is good at trapping other carbon-based impurities ("organic" chemicals), as well as things like chlorine. Many other chemicals are not attracted to carbon at all -- sodium, nitrates, etc. -- so they pass right through. This means that an activated charcoal filter will remove certain impurities while ignoring others. It also means that, once all of the bonding sites are filled, an activated charcoal filter stops working. At that point you must replace the filter."

Black Flag Refillable Mouse Bait Station, Includes 16 Baits
Black Flag Refillable Mouse Bait Station, Includes 16 Baits
Price: $9.97
3 used & new from $9.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Flag Refillable Mouse Bait Station, Includes 16 Baits, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
No matter what the method used to kill mice, there's really no easy way about it. Over all the methods I think I like the kind of trap that actually keeps the mouse inside after it's been killed. The slam bars are fairly effective but sometimes fail in a gruesome way, and I won't use sticky paper because it's insanely cruel. Bait block traps work but are also cruel and the mice are free to leave to painfully die somewhere in your house which can result in a very disturbing decaying odor permeating your living environment, or even leaving their dead bodies where they can be found and eaten by your pets causing them to get very sick. If the mice have eaten from the bait block and have died (another reviewer found their dead bodies on her kitchen floor) they will still have the poison in their system and anyone thinking the mouse would be a nice snack (cat, dog, even small child - my youngest when a crawling baby, would put everything she found that she could hold in her hand into her mouth), could get poisoned/sick as well.

Overall, these are effective and can be very useful but please exercise caution if you have pets that might find the dead mice interesting. They will kill mice and that is the ultimate goal. And all mice traps that I have used so far (and there have been many of different sorts) are all reusable to greater or lesser degree. The kind of mouse trap that is always reusable and doesn't need re-supplying of bait blocks are the old-fashioned mouse traps of yore. The kind you bait with a piece of cheese or something delectable to mice that they can't refuse to check out. It will always be available for use and you will never have to re-purchase anything to use it. It's my favorite method since it's usually very quick and hopefully painless, though it can be very gruesome and messy at times. And I always use the really strong, powerful slam bar traps so the mice/rats are instantly killed.

Retrospec Bicycles Detachable Steel Half-Mesh Apollo Bike Basket with Handles, Glossy White
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Retrospec Bicycles Detachable Steel Half-Mesh Apollo Bike Basket with..., December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My basket is sturdy, and I was able to get it attached to my bike despite not having any directions. However, the bottom of the basket has been damaged. It looks like someone took a Phillips head screwdriver or some similar tool and rammed it through the bottom upwards breaking the wire mesh and leaving several holes with a volcano shape. It's still usable and I will try and press the bottom back down flat, but it's now open up for rust to set in. I will also have to lay something in the bottom now to avoid getting scratched by the holes.

That's too bad because I was really looking forward to writing a 5 star review. I don't think the manufacturers are conducting good quality control because this basket should have been pulled. If I had paid for this I would be sending it back. Other than that, it's a great size for a bike and should be able to hold heavy items.

Master Craft Camo Cap Hangup Organizer
Master Craft Camo Cap Hangup Organizer
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Master Craft Camo Cap Hangup Organizer, December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really good idea on how to hang all those ball caps you have all over the house. We have at least 30 ball caps and I easily filled this Camo Cap Hangup Organizer with 12 of them. It will hold more by adding another cap to the same velcro band that is already holding a cap. It was getting heavy with the 12 caps I attached to it. It's very easy to attach a cap but only those caps with an adjustable strap and hole in the back (where women pull their ponytails through) will work with this particular cap hanger.

The camo material is very camo and very durable being made of thick canvas. The hanger at the top is metal and can easily go on a closet rod, however, it can get heavy when loaded down with a lot of caps. When you hold it up after putting caps on it the caps will not fall in a straight line as pictured, but will fall on all sides of the hanger giving it a fat snakey-cap look. If you want them to hang straight you will have to adjust every single cap individually. And you will not be able to just grab a cap with one hand and go. It takes two hands to detach a cap from it's velcro loop.

I really like this system for hanging caps. The one we had been using for years held a lot of caps, but it was a wooden pole-like device with big slots. The caps would fall out a lot. With this velcro cap hanger, the caps will never fall off and will stay where you put them until you are ready to choose one to wear. I love it!!!!

Scotts 18877 AirShoc Titanium Non-Stick Pruner, Petite
Scotts 18877 AirShoc Titanium Non-Stick Pruner, Petite
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Scotts 18877 AirShoc Titanium Non-Stick Pruner, Petite, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very well-made pruner despite the gray colored part actually being plastic. It is very hard plastic and I doubt it will break when pruning 1/2" stems. If it does, the Scotts Company says it will replace it for free. From the back of the packaging is written:

"If your Scotts product fails to perform its intended use due to defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace it regardless of its age. Normal wear, sharpening, industrial use or abuse, misuse or neglect is not covered. Defective products will be repaired, replaced or substituted with the same product or one of equal value. Send in product in original box for proof of purchase along with explanation of defect. You may have other rights which vary from state to state. Scotts AirShoc Blades are excluded from the lifetime warranty".

I guess then, you should hold onto your original packaging??? Whatever, seems like just keeping the receipt should be enough.

I tried this pruner out earlier today and it did a fantastic job of clipping back some bushes that I had let go too long. Most stems were 1/4" or less in diameter so I wasn't able to try it out on a 1/2" stem. I should have plenty of those later on next year. That said, the pruner cut through the stems like butter - very smooth and easy. The handles feel good in my hand and they don't go apart from each other very far making it easy to grab and prune. I don't know what the value of the anti-microbial aspect is to these pruners, but I guess it's o.k. Germs are everywhere especially on garden tools. These pruners also have a latch at the end of the handles to keep them closed when not using. Just squeeze the handles and the latch releases.

Overall so far, great pruners but only time will tell for sure. I'll be back to update this review in a few more months. I look forward to cutting okra with them and I often get some pretty thick stems to the pods so they will be a good test. And I don't see anywhere where it says, "Petite" on the packaging. They seem like regular sized pruners to me.

Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Price: $33.11
5 used & new from $33.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)... Chemical Guys, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband just now finished applying this JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant to his recently re-painted truck. I thought his paint job was already bright and shiny, but this stuff obviously made it even shinier. He wants to protect his new paint from the elements since it sits outside all the time exposed to all sorts of weather. I cannot at this time, say how long this sealant will last before it needs to be done again, but we hope it will last for a few months at least.

It is applied just like a wax, though it is much more liquidy than paste wax. He let it dry for about an hour or more before buffing it off. It really shines especially when the sunlight strikes it. It's a very old truck (1993), but it looks so fantastic. So far, this sealant appears to do a very good job. Just how long it will actually last is to be determined.

Tomcat Kill and Contain Mouse Trap
Tomcat Kill and Contain Mouse Trap
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $7.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Tomcat Kill and Contain Mouse Trap, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty good mouse trap and I've used just about all of them at one time or another. It's reusable - just release the mouse over the garbage can, rinse, bait and place it where you want it. I like that this trap is especially narrow and can fit in tight places mice like to hang out in. It's easy to use, no worry about getting your fingers hurt, and there's and indicator to let you know that a mouse has been caught. I also like that a cat or puppy can't get poisoned or hurt by these traps. No poison is used, tiny teeth come down and kill the mouse.

Wild mice carry all sorts of diseases and you don't want your house to get infested with them.

OXO Good Grips All-in-Reach Shower Shelf
OXO Good Grips All-in-Reach Shower Shelf
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars OXO Good Grips All-in-Reach Shower Shelf, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow!! This is the Cadillac of shower shelf/caddies. As the other reviewers already said, it's big. I was worried that it was going to be too big for our shower stall but it actually fit rather nicely. I really like that it has a big suction cup right at where it fits over the shower head and then two other big suction cups on each side of it. We have real tile and it adhered to it strongly. I thought my measly bottle of shampoo and conditioner looked dinky on it since it can hold enough for a very large family to have their favorites on it. I guess I will have to branch out with more hair care products!

It seems sturdily constructed out of stainless steel and durable plastic (shelf). One hole on each end of the shelf was included so you can turn your bottles upside down to get every last bit out of them. I really like this thing and look forward to many years of using it. Our previous shower/shelf rack was metal coated in white plastic and it was cracking up and rusting. The OXO shower shelf really puts the old one to shame. Awesome product. Every OXO product I have used is an awesome product.

PureSound Custom Pro Steel Snare Wire 20 Strand, 14 Inch
PureSound Custom Pro Steel Snare Wire 20 Strand, 14 Inch
Offered by Music123
Price: $17.50
12 used & new from $16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars PureSound Custom Pro Steel Snare Wire 20..., December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our drum kit is not exactly high quality, and that includes the snare. That said, after replacing the snare that came with the drum with the PureSound Custom snare, my husband (amateur drummer) and I (not a drummer at all but have listened for years to him drumming), could notice a remarkable difference in the timbre and loudness of the snare drum. He played several fast paradiddles on it for a while before replacing the snare so we could get a good idea of what it sounded like, and again after replacing it and it was very clear which snare was the best.

Honestly, we never really thought replacing the snare would make any difference at all, but it apparently does. Quite a different sound afterwards, and one that we were very pleased with.

Swissmar Shucker Paddy Universal Oyster Knife, Black Handle
Swissmar Shucker Paddy Universal Oyster Knife, Black Handle
Offered by Eurostoves
Price: $28.36
6 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Swissmar Shucker Paddy Universal Oyster Knife, Black, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This shucker knife is so much better than the piece of junk I had been using! It is so well made, sturdy, and fits in either hand just fine. I'm sort of ambidextrous and like being able to switch hands during shucking. Honestly, there's not much else that I can add that the other reviews didn't already adequately cover. It has a very strong stainless steel blade that can get right up in-between any tight oyster shell. It feels like the knife tang goes way up into the handle making it extra strong. I can see this knife lasting for years and years......maybe it will be a treasured heirloom item some day....who knows.

My husband absolutely loves this shucker knife and went and bought a sack load of oysters earlier today just to try it out, and because he loves raw, fresh shucked oysters. He wouldn't shaddup about how good it worked. It can go into the dishwasher, which is always a perk to almost any kitchen utensil.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20