Profile for LoveGuitar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 971

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveGuitar "LoveGuitar" RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tomcat Rat Killer II (Kid and Dog Resistant Refillable Rat Bait Station, w/ 15 Bait Blocks)
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $20.02
9 used & new from $13.40

4.0 out of 5 stars TomCat Rat Killer II, September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Tomcat Rat Killer II appears to be very effective in what you want it to do. I am really surprised at how well thought out it is. I've always been a rat trap user (the kind where the kill bar slams down on their necks) and that doesn't always work out too well. The Tomcat Rat Killer II method seems to be a LOT cleaner of a kill but I don't know if it's any more merciful than a conventional rat trap to the animal who ate it. Rats are not able to vomit, so once the poison is in their stomachs it can't get vomited back up, thus they eventually die from it if it's poisonous enough. I hate killing anything but if I get a rat infestation I will do what needs to be done.

I like that these bait blocks are BIG and the rat/mouse can go inside, have dinner and hopefully expire somewhere far far away from where they ate it - like waaaay outside somewhere. I don't like the idea of smelling a rotting rat corpse somewhere inside my house and having to find it and get rid of it. At least with the conventional rat traps you almost always have the body where you set the trap.

I have placed this rat block in a place in our basement where a bunch of stuff is stored that rats and mice would probably find highly attractive but so far as I can tell the bait station has not been touched. I guess I don't have any rats at this time but it's nice to know that it's down there if a rat should drop in. I don't have children small enough now who would be interested in playing with it, nor any kittens or very small pets to worry about getting into it, but if I did I would make darn sure they couldn't access it.

Black and Decker PB1002R Fusion Blade Personal Blender
Black and Decker PB1002R Fusion Blade Personal Blender
Price: $34.49

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! Black and Decker Fusion Blade Personal Blender, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was not expecting much from this blender, but boy! was I wrong!! While I write this review I am drinking a very cold, sweet and delicious smoothie that took less than 2 minutes to make. And it will only get faster as I get better at using this blender. I tossed in some 2% milk, a little honey, a scoop of whey protein powder, an egg, a banana and some ice into the 20 oz. plastic jar, screwed on the blade nice and tight and set in the blender. A little twist till it clicks into place and a push of the one speed button and in a few seconds you have your smoothie!! I did give the entire contents a good shake before attaching it to the blender just to get the milk sloshed all over everything in the jar.

It comes with two jars and lids with attached caps that cover the drink spouts. Press down or tap the cap cover soundly and it will firmly attach into the hole. No leaking whatsoever. I love the size of the jars too - I don't have to pour my smoothie into another container after making it if I don't want too, as must be done with a regular sized blender. It serves as it's own container much like a 20 oz. sports bottle. The bottles have lines where various liquid amounts can be measured both in ounces and in milliliters. The measurements start at 8 oz, and at 200 ml and go up to up to 20 oz. and 600 ml. The lid even has a handle with which to carry it. This is great! I love this idea. And everything can go into the dishwasher (except the base of course) - top rack recommended. I didn't even have to read the instructions on how to put it all together because it's so simple. I did peruse some of the recommended smoothie ingredients and the order of how they should be put in the jar in the instruction booklet that comes with the blender, but I don't think I went strictly by that. Still, my smoothie turned out great! And this blender is so attractive! It has a fire truck red base and black tops on the clear blender jar/bottle. It looks great on my kitchen counter and Georgia Bulldogs fans will love it. I WILL be taking this to tennis practice and to games.

I did notice that the motor smelled but I'm thinking that's because it's new and needs time to break in. If it keeps on smelling then I might get concerned but for now I know that new motors sometimes stink a bit at first. Overall: great idea, works well and is easy to maintain.

Sanyo Eneloop Spacer Pack: 4 Pack of C-size and 4 Pack of D-size Adapters [Hassle Free Packaging]
Offered by MYBATTERYSUPPLIER
Price: $16.45
2 used & new from $16.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Using AA Batteries in C or D Sized Electronic Devices!!, September 29, 2014
These work really well to adapt an AA sized battery for use in equipment that require C or D size batteries. I have a whole bag of these in both sizes and a ton of rechargeable AA batteries. I used four of the D size cases just the other day to power a HAM radio receiver radio and the cases held the batteries securely. However, due to their light weight I had to be fast to get the battery compartment cover back on before the cases popped out. On the case itself it says not mix these adapter spacers with the actual C or D sized batteries. I would only do that in a dire emergency so if I use these battery spacers I will fill the entire battery compartment with them and not mix them with regular sized batteries.

I went with the enloop brand spacers because I have mainly enloop AA rechargeable batteries, but this time I used Rayovac regular non-rechargeable batteries with the spacers. Using these spacers saves me a lot of money and saves the landfills a little space by not having larger sized batteries to buy or throw away.

Dorcy 41-2510 Floating Waterproof LED Flashlight with Carabineer Clip, 55-Lumens, Yellow Finish
Price: $6.47
89 used & new from $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Flashlights I Own, September 29, 2014
Pretty much the best flashlight I have ever bought. I now own 4 of them and will buy more. They have a very bright light, always seem to function - the on/off switch feels solid and never fails. Waterproof, lightweight, durable plastic and very reasonably priced. Who could ask for more? I've bought lots of different brands of flashlights over the years but this is the best by far. These flashlights are about 6 inches long and would be perfect for camping and keeping an extra one stashed in the car. Uses 3 AA batteries that even come with the flashlight. If any of these should malfunction I will definitely update this review.

Grayline 40710, Jumbo Kitchen Helper Shelf, White
Grayline 40710, Jumbo Kitchen Helper Shelf, White
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $11.09
13 used & new from $4.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good to Utilize Cabinet Space Better, September 29, 2014
We have too many coffee mugs but can't bring ourselves to discarding any. Most are of sentimental value but were taking up all of our space in our kitchen cabinets. I bought 3 of these and they are perfect for placing on your cabinet shelves to hold dishes. I have mugs underneath and on top of the wire helper shelfs. They really helped to unclutter our cabinets and these should last a long, long time. I still have one I bought years ago before I got married and it still looks as new as the day I bought it. These are very strong and should be able to hold anything that will fit on them. I'm thinking about buying a couple more to hold pot lids that are all over the place in a lower cabinet.

Thames and Kosmos Remote-Control Machines DLX
Thames and Kosmos Remote-Control Machines DLX
Price: $108.07
11 used & new from $108.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Thames and Kosmos Remote-Contorl Machines DLX, September 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My nearly 12 year old daughter was super thrilled to see this box sitting on the counter when she got home from school. She immediately tore into it and with mom (me) helping her for awhile she began to build the robotic arm. I eventually bowed out since she was obviously fine building it without parental supervision. I was amazed at all the various parts. 3 motors, a remote control and lots of plastic parts that somehow come together into various machine creations. She had the robotic arm completely built that evening and it was picking up things like doggie toys, socks and iPods then rotating around and releasing them into a box. The robotic arm tended to want to fall over when it raised up too high but she figured out how to build onto the base to stabilize it.

The instruction booklet is very detailed, but it only has pictures. the pictures are full color and you must carefully study it a bit to understand what connectors you need to what parts, and exactly how they're connected together. She said she would have liked a few written instruction but the pictures were fine. So it would seem that no particular language is required to build the various machines in the box. The pictures are not simple and they take some time to study, but they are very well done. She also said it's a great set and she will be disassembling the robotic arm to build other ideas given in the book. After a few are built, I expect her to come up with some original designs of her own. I think the book is superb at showing how to build and should plant seeds to stimulate an interested person into building some of their own creations.

The parts included will only build what is given in the book. If you or your child want to build even more exotic machines, then a second kit might need to be purchased. I think this is a great starter kit to get someone interested in building machines/robots but it is limited by the amount of parts included. And it doesn't include batteries. She used 5 AA batteries to get her robotic arm to work. But it was pretty cool watching her manipulate it via remote control. I personally feel girls should be given such gifts and encouraged to build these things. It is superb in helping them understand how things work in relation to each other. My daughter told me she understood how it functioned and even took the time to describe to me in detail how this part turns this part which causes this part to do this and so on.... I was extremely pleased.

The AMAZING 95 LED Aluminum Flashlight
The AMAZING 95 LED Aluminum Flashlight
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $27.75
2 used & new from $27.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It is an AMAZING LED flashlight, September 27, 2014
This is truly an amazingly good and bright flashlight. I bought mine back in 2010 for $17.55, so I see the price has gone up considerably. We have used it frequently and it is our main "go-to" flashlight despite it being rather large. The batteries don't seem to degrade nearly as fast as they do in other flashlights when sitting inside this flashlight unused for long periods of time. It always turns on. I've never had it not turn on. It's a good weight, and could be used as a club if needed - as in something to defend yourself with in an emergency. But I wouldn't take it on a hike in a backpack because of the size and weight. Solidly built and seems to last over the years. I just wish the price had not gone up so much because I would like to get another one.

Endurance® Set of 4 Square Biscuit Cutters with Rippled Edges
Endurance® Set of 4 Square Biscuit Cutters with Rippled Edges
Offered by Sun World
Price: $10.95
15 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Biscuit Cutters, September 27, 2014
I bought these well over a year ago and they have lasted in new condition. Absolutely perfect for cutting large to small sized square shaped biscuits. I've only used them for biscuit cutting and they cut through the dough very effortlessly. And they are all nice and tall with high handles so if you want really BIG and FAT biscuits you can easily cut them out. I love that you can get so many more biscuits out of one layer of dough since they are square and I'm able to cut side by side with not nearly as much excess dough as round biscuit cutters leave. And the fluted shape adds a neat texture to final product. Super easy to clean and I wash mine by hand but you can put them in the dishwasher. Mine have not rusted at all yet and hopefully never will. And since they stack inside each other they take up very little space to store. I still keep mine in the box they came in. These are the best biscuit cutters I've ever used.

Clairol Professional Beautiful Collection Semi-permanent Hair Color, Medium Warm Brown
Offered by Altima Beauty
Price: $5.39
15 used & new from $4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for temporary coloring!!, September 26, 2014
I colored my half-gray hair on Sunday. It was a fairly easy process and I'm so glad I don't have to mix anything together. It's all in one bottle. I have short hair so I didn't use even half of the bottle and am saving the rest for later. It did a really good job covering all the gray. My grayest areas are my bangs - really white and they were still a little lighter than the non-gray areas but looked o.k.. Today is the following Friday, six days after coloring, and my hair has lightened quite a bit, but it's still basically a light brown. I've been gentle when shampooing but I can see that if I want to keep my hair brown I will have to color once every week, or every 7 days. I like though, that it washes out since if I decide to go natural again all I have to do is just keep shampooing and the dye color will eventually all wash out. Before I had to wait for my hair to grow and then cut the dyed part out which took months to finally get it all back to natural color. I will be buying more of this particular dye. And it DIDN'T cause my head to itch like the other dyes did!!

Discreet, Incontinence Pads, Maximum, Long Length, 39 Count
Discreet, Incontinence Pads, Maximum, Long Length, 39 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Discreet, Incontinence Pads, Maximum, Long Length, 39 count, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are fantastic!! They can be used for various needs by women, the main one being for urine leakage. I am very impressed with how much they hold. I slowly poured over one full cup of water into one and it just kept taking it up. Even after the pad was fat and heavy there was NO LEAKAGE! The top layer of the pad is DRY! The bottom side of the pad is plastic with a heavy coating of sticky so these will stay in place. Even after they are fat and full of water and I squeezed one between my fingers no water comes out. I am really blown away by the quality of these pads. And they're so soft. I don't think they should be uncomfortable for anyone to wear for medium to major leakage. The gathering on the sides helps to prevent any leaks. The odor control might be necessary if you tend to wear these pads for long periods of time. Urine does decay and thus has a bad odor. The longer length means they can absorb even more. These should not show through clothing assuming you are not wearing skin-tight apparel.

These could also be used as menstrual pads, however they do not have wings to protect your underwear. Also, they are reasonably flat and compact for easy carrying in a purse. Truly wonderful for those who need some help absorbing leakage throughout the day.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20