Profile for Stefanie LeJeunesse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stefanie LeJeunesse RSS Feed (Washington, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
One Hundred Is a Family
One Hundred Is a Family
by Pam Munoz Ryan
23 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and inclusive, March 7, 2013
I've never seen a criticism in an item's description before, and in this case it's absolutely unnecessary! This book is a great counting exercise (my preschooler isn't interested in making sure there are exactly sixty folks pictured for that particular page, for example), with the important underlying themes of inclusion, diversity and community. It isn't didactic; it doesn't attempt to explain diversity, just shows loving families of all types and all sizes having a nice time together. Refreshing and sweet!

Fred & Friends Babushkups
Fred & Friends Babushkups
Offered by Hold N Storage
Price: $15.35
13 used & new from $11.74

2.0 out of 5 stars strictly decorative, January 28, 2013
I've been gifted two sets of these (I like matryoshka) and while they are adorable, one set came broken in the mail (I cannot fathom a packing situation that would enable these glasses' survival) and the other set fared similarly shortly after receipt. The largest glass shattered when I set it down on a table, full, and the medium sized glass broke in half as I was taking it out of the cupboard to use. The smallest have made it, and I use them for table wine, but I'd never in a million years give them to a guest or one of my kids to use. They're really cute, but the glass is so unbelievably thin.

Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds
Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds
Offered by hypnobabies
Price: $159.95

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpectedly helpful, January 12, 2013
Once I suspended my disbelief and allowed myself to relax into the daily Hypnobabies practice, I felt it was a really lovely way to spend part of each day, connecting with myself and my baby, sorting through fears and psyching myself up for birth. The language used in the course is gentle and empowering -- such a stark contrast to the language we're accustomed to using around birth. Fully prepared to use it during labor, I wound up with extremely short labors with both of my children (3.5 and 2 hours), so I never properly used the CDs or relaxation techniques I'd learned, but credit Hypnobabies with empowering and preparing me for two amazing birth experiences. A few months after my eldest was born, I discovered an unexpected use of the course: a VERY anxious flyer, I listened to some of the tracks during a flight and felt okay in the air without sedation for the first time in years!

Slow and Steady Get Me Ready: A Parents' Handbook for Children from Birth to Age 5
by June R. Oberlander
66 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful., January 12, 2013
I've used this book for two kids, now, and it remains one of my most useful parenting book purchases. Sometimes, through the sleep deprivation and constant nursing of your kid's infancy, the most you can muster is one new project per week, and it helps make you feel like a success when that one project is captivating and multi-use. My kids have enjoyed and returned to so many of the games and activities we've done from this book, and always with a fresh perspective, new developmental milestones translating to new ways of play, and no money spent. The easy homemade toys from oatmeal containers, repurposed packing material, etc., serve as jumping off points for a more creative way of looking at the way children learn and are entertained. Valuable and timeless.

Tingley Rubber 31144 15-Inch Knee Boot, Size 11, Black
Tingley Rubber 31144 15-Inch Knee Boot, Size 11, Black
Offered by Trademark Supplies
Price: $24.88
5 used & new from $17.15

5.0 out of 5 stars well,, January 12, 2013
They're galoshes. I got them for my partner to wear while taking out the recycling and tending the chickens, which he does, and he comes back inside with dirty boots and dry, clean feet. He wears a 10.5 in regular shoes, but the 11s (there were no half sizes) fit just fine with warm winter socks. They aren't overly PVC-smelly. There are no obvious logos. They're no Hunter wellies, but anyone who wears $80 boots to slog around a chicken coop probably has more money than sense.

Along a Long Road
Along a Long Road
by Frank Viva
Price: $16.99
70 used & new from $2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Along a Long Road (Hardcover)
Gorgeous, rhythmic, fun and so cleverly designed. A hit with my three year-old transportation aficionado, and his mother the book hoarder. The shiny road just begs for little fingers to follow it. We'll let him pass it down to his kids if his fingers don't wear holes in the pages first.

Leveret "Multi Colored" Striped 2 Piece Pajama Set 100% Cotton (Size 6M-5T)
Leveret "Multi Colored" Striped 2 Piece Pajama Set 100% Cotton (Size 6M-5T)

5.0 out of 5 stars gender neutral and comfy!, January 12, 2013
I have two kids, a boy and girl ages three and nearly one. We got them matching jammies for the holidays and were so pleased to find these ones with snazzy colors and no appliques or logos. While I have no problem dressing my girl in blues or my boy in pinks (and do, often), it's great to find something perfect for both of them, as I am a matching pajama fanatic. The fit is snug like jammies should be but, I found, true to size (my big boy is wearing 4T, as he does in everything, and my chubby, average-height girl is in 12-18 mos). After several washes the fabric is still soft and shows no signs of wear at the seams or pilling. Leveret customer service is excellent, as well -- we were twice sent the wrong item by Amazon fulfillment (Amazon rectified this, as well!) but when Leveret contacted me to ensure satisfaction, then learned we'd had shipping trouble, they were gracious and helpful. We'll keep ordering until our kids size out of the brand or they go out of business!

Serif Fairy
Serif Fairy
by René. Siegfried
Price: $13.22
57 used & new from $0.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Serif Fairy (Hardcover)
My partner is a middle school graphic design teacher, and I got him this book to add to his classroom library. It's definitely a niche book, and maybe won't appeal to people who don't enjoy typography and fonts and design, but we are not those people, so we think it's cute. The only bummer was that the book (which was supposed to be new) came out of the box absolutely filthy, and the cover (as you can see) is white so it's quite conspicuous.

Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby
Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby
by Anna Maria Horner
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: $18.19
61 used & new from $6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 10, 2010
I am slowly but surely working my way through this book and I've loved every pattern that I've touched so far. The mariposa nursing tunic is infinitely wearable, as is the four corners blouse. My son looks adorable in the baby in the hood jacket and different incarnations of the quick change trousers are quickly taking over his pants drawer. Some of the instructions were a bit confusing to me, so I had to do some intuitive sewing, which was no problem but may be for less experienced sewers. The photography is sweet and accessable and shows off the finshed product well in all cases. I only wished there was a photo demonstrating how the mariposa tunic would work before I finished it (but having finished it, I see that may have been indiscrete -- ha!). Thank you, Anna Maria Horner, for making such a great book!

Diaper Dude Messenger Diaper Bag, Brown with Orange Zippers
Diaper Dude Messenger Diaper Bag, Brown with Orange Zippers
Offered by Flipped Fashion
Price: Click here to see our price
10 used & new from $53.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Too big for smallish ladies, but good for dudes, July 10, 2010
I got this diaper bag for my partner and it fits his frame well; he is a tallish man. I, on the other hand, look ridiculous carrying it, so we use it for trips where I carry the baby in the Ergo and he acts as pack mule. The brown/orange color combo is nice and the zippers are sturdy. The back pockets are marginally useless for anything that isn't flat, but there's plenty of room inside. The "phone pocket" on the strap doesn't fit his iPhone, but he keeps it in his pants pocket anyway. Roomy bag for an all day outing, nice looking; doesn't scream "diaper bag."

Page: 1 | 2