Profile for Stefanie LJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stefanie LJ RSS Feed (Washington, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Saucony Jazz H&L Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid),Red,10 M US Toddler
Saucony Jazz H&L Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid),Red,10 M US Toddler
Price: $34.00
2 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for toddlers and preschoolers, March 30, 2015
My kids are able to put these on themselves starting at about 2, so we love them for ease. The colors are fun but not super garish, and the shoes last FOREVER. Our three year old just outgrew the pair of size 8s we got for her older brother when he was little, and they'll still be fit to save for the next kid after a trip through the washer.

Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case for iPhone 5 & 5S  - White/Black
Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case for iPhone 5 & 5S - White/Black
Price: $23.99
6 used & new from $12.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice while it lasted, March 30, 2015
The case is trim and, when brand new, looks nice. I dropped my phone from about two feet onto a wood floor several times and it escaped unscathed. But, about a month into using this case, the black bits started to come loose, so I stopped using it. I don't think I'm particularly hard on phone cases; this really should've lasted much longer.

Kikkerland Camera Pencil Sharpener, Black (SC12)
Kikkerland Camera Pencil Sharpener, Black (SC12)
Price: $14.50
16 used & new from $6.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but..., March 30, 2015
This pencil sharpener is very cute, and I appreciate that the opening is adjustable, but it doesn't seem like a pencil sharpener should be difficult to use and this one is. The front pulls out if you don't hold down a button to release the pencil, and it sharpens unevenly and poorly. I did my kids' colored pencils all at once and put them nicely back into the tin where they're kept, only to have my poor children accuse me of tricking them when every single tip fell right out when they tried to color. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to use a fancy pencil sharpener.

Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic
Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic
Price: $65.44
17 used & new from $61.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect seat for a 5 year old, March 30, 2015
We were saving for another Diono car seat for my 3 year old when I realized that our 5 year old could move into a high back booster if he wanted to, and hand his Radian R120 down to his sister. We looked together at the seats Consumer Reports and the Car Seat Lady had rated highly, and he chose this one (mainly because it's red and has a cup holder). I needed a relatively narrow one that attached to the seat as I didn't want the booster turning into a projectile while it was unoccupied. It's narrow enough to fit alongside a Diono Radian R120 and a Britax B Safe 3 abreast in the back of our Ford Escape, and attaches easily to the seat. It would get 5 stars if it weren't for the apparently common problem of the left side strap that tightens the booster to the passenger seat being basically unusable. Fortunately the booster is still tightly tethered on the right, and attached with slack on the left. In the event of an accident, the seat belt is supposed to keep the kiddo in place so I'm confident he won't be swung to the side. It's light, comfy, has a neat little slide-out compartment for snacks or treasures, and seems tall enough to comfortably fit my 95th percentile-for-height boy for quite awhile in the high back configuration. He loves it, and I'm more comfortable than I thought I'd be taking him out of a 5 point harness.

One Hundred Is a Family
One Hundred Is a Family
by Pam Munoz Ryan
29 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and inclusive, March 7, 2013
I've never seen a criticism in an item's description before, and in this case it's absolutely unnecessary! This book is a great counting exercise (my preschooler isn't interested in making sure there are exactly sixty folks pictured for that particular page, for example), with the important underlying themes of inclusion, diversity and community. It isn't didactic; it doesn't attempt to explain diversity, just shows loving families of all types and all sizes having a nice time together. Refreshing and sweet!

Fred and Friends BABUSHKUPS Nesting Glass Trio
Fred and Friends BABUSHKUPS Nesting Glass Trio
Offered by Etailz
Price: $16.06
13 used & new from $16.06

2.0 out of 5 stars strictly decorative, January 28, 2013
I've been gifted two sets of these (I like matryoshka) and while they are adorable, one set came broken in the mail (I cannot fathom a packing situation that would enable these glasses' survival) and the other set fared similarly shortly after receipt. The largest glass shattered when I set it down on a table, full, and the medium sized glass broke in half as I was taking it out of the cupboard to use. The smallest have made it, and I use them for table wine, but I'd never in a million years give them to a guest or one of my kids to use. They're really cute, but the glass is so unbelievably thin.

Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds
Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpectedly helpful, January 12, 2013
Once I suspended my disbelief and allowed myself to relax into the daily Hypnobabies practice, I felt it was a really lovely way to spend part of each day, connecting with myself and my baby, sorting through fears and psyching myself up for birth. The language used in the course is gentle and empowering -- such a stark contrast to the language we're accustomed to using around birth. Fully prepared to use it during labor, I wound up with extremely short labors with both of my children (3.5 and 2 hours), so I never properly used the CDs or relaxation techniques I'd learned, but credit Hypnobabies with empowering and preparing me for two amazing birth experiences. A few months after my eldest was born, I discovered an unexpected use of the course: a VERY anxious flyer, I listened to some of the tracks during a flight and felt okay in the air without sedation for the first time in years!

Slow and Steady Get Me Ready: A Parents' Handbook for Children from Birth to Age 5
by June R. Oberlander
73 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful., January 12, 2013
I've used this book for two kids, now, and it remains one of my most useful parenting book purchases. Sometimes, through the sleep deprivation and constant nursing of your kid's infancy, the most you can muster is one new project per week, and it helps make you feel like a success when that one project is captivating and multi-use. My kids have enjoyed and returned to so many of the games and activities we've done from this book, and always with a fresh perspective, new developmental milestones translating to new ways of play, and no money spent. The easy homemade toys from oatmeal containers, repurposed packing material, etc., serve as jumping off points for a more creative way of looking at the way children learn and are entertained. Valuable and timeless.

Tingley Rubber 31144 15-Inch Knee Boot, Size 11, Black
Tingley Rubber 31144 15-Inch Knee Boot, Size 11, Black
Offered by Trademark Supplies
Price: $24.00
4 used & new from $15.86

5.0 out of 5 stars well,, January 12, 2013
They're galoshes. I got them for my partner to wear while taking out the recycling and tending the chickens, which he does, and he comes back inside with dirty boots and dry, clean feet. He wears a 10.5 in regular shoes, but the 11s (there were no half sizes) fit just fine with warm winter socks. They aren't overly PVC-smelly. There are no obvious logos. They're no Hunter wellies, but anyone who wears $80 boots to slog around a chicken coop probably has more money than sense.

Along a Long Road
Along a Long Road
by Frank Viva
Price: $14.01
67 used & new from $0.30

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Along a Long Road (Hardcover)
Gorgeous, rhythmic, fun and so cleverly designed. A hit with my three year-old transportation aficionado, and his mother the book hoarder. The shiny road just begs for little fingers to follow it. We'll let him pass it down to his kids if his fingers don't wear holes in the pages first.

Page: 1 | 2