Profile for bob > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bob RSS Feed

3 used & new from $23.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the front...side would be fine...., March 16, 2015
well made...solid...looks great....

3 stars...but why?

It sticks out 3 inches...and the toilette seat wont go all the way up. You sit down..and the seat hits you in the back.

Shadow Electronics SH-AZ48 Jazz Guitar Floating Humbucker
Shadow Electronics SH-AZ48 Jazz Guitar Floating Humbucker
Price: $120.74
3 used & new from $119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, July 6, 2014
Put this with a couple of WD thumb pots....1 for volume, and one for tone (.022 poly cap). I know this gets great reviews all over the net....but it really doesn't have the mids you expect from a jazz pup. The highs...are...really high. I realize that the enormous feedback is a combination of a ton of factors, and not nessecarilly the pup.... but the Kent Armstrong jazzy joe...on a very similar guitar...with the exact same amp set up....doesn't feedback nearly as much...and has the high mids you're looking for. I'm, giving it four stars because it could well be the guitar....but..........

Kenda K908 Pathfinder Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackwall, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch
Kenda K908 Pathfinder Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackwall, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $12.60

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good combination tire, and a good value., July 4, 2014
I used to race cross country (the type of race, not literally across the country). It was typically 60-80 miles 50% groomed dirt or gravel trail, 25% marked with paint on a tree or a plastic flag type trail, and 25% road. I used the earlier versions of the Ritchie Speed Max CX Pros. Great tires, but they don't make a pro (Kevlar bead) in 26 inch anymore. That was 20 years ago. Now I am old and fat...and trying to get un-fat. I have been riding the trails along the rivers here in Pittsburgh, and the couple of miles on the street it takes to get to them. The Ritchies didn't die...but they were cracking and the sidewalls were fraying....so I bought these tires. I have a several hundred miles on them thus far...and at long last....and after a paragraph of W(ho)TF cares....the review. They have more rolling resistance than I thought they would....not bad...but noticeable in comparison to the Ritchie's. At first they cornered ok...not great but ok. Now that the rubber is worn a bit they do corner well. The side walls aren't super stiff...so you can feel the give in high torque-uphill cranking. I wouldn't race them (I wouldn't race anything now, unless they had a defibrillator and a highly trained medical professional every hundred yards or so)...but they do exactly what I bought them for. I would purchase them again.

WD 500K ohm Mini Thumbwheel Pot
WD 500K ohm Mini Thumbwheel Pot
Offered by Ant Hill Music, Inc.
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Linear....but work like they should, July 2, 2014
This review is from: WD 500K ohm Mini Thumbwheel Pot
I am fairly certain that this is a linear and NOT an audio pot. The taper is all in the last 1/4 of the turn. While I dislike linear for volume...it works for tone. Did I mention that I greatly dislike linear pots for volume?

That said, if you are looking to put pots on an Archtop without cutting holes in it....this is the only real game in town. They work like a pot is supposed to....no scratchiness.....

It would be nice if they offered both linear and audio models. Is that worth a star....I think so.

White Pearl Inlay
White Pearl Inlay
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., June 22, 2014
This review is from: White Pearl Inlay
Most of it is good...there were a couple pieces that were great...and a couple that were just usable (that I put aside). But, I have yet to find a 'lot' where all the pieces were great.....from anywhere. I'll probably get 3 or 4 fret boards out of this bunch (markers only)...all in all a great value. (the product page says 5 pieces....I got 2 orders for 10 pieces).

Irwin Tools 5464 Quick Grip One-Handed Mini Bar Clamp, 6-Inch, 4-Pack
Irwin Tools 5464 Quick Grip One-Handed Mini Bar Clamp, 6-Inch, 4-Pack
Offered by Acme Tools
Price: $19.99
19 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Have 20 of These, June 22, 2014
I build guitars, which involves a ton of glueing. I can't remember the last time I used my metal C-clamps, or my fancy wood lever ones. These are easy, fast, and do exactly what you want them too. You can slightly tighten them, pull the release...readjust what you are gluing...and retighten them much much easier than with other clamps. They don't leave marks in the wood, so there is no need to put extra pieces in there when clamping. A must for any luthier.

Ibex Plane Flat Sole Plane 47mm Length, 18mm Blade Width VWWS USA
Ibex Plane Flat Sole Plane 47mm Length, 18mm Blade Width VWWS USA
Offered by violinwoodworkshop
Price: $75.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, June 22, 2014
I have some Ibex knockoffs.....that work well with softer wood (eg. spruce). I bought this one because I was having some problems using those with some maple. This one holds an edge much longer than the knockoffs. While that is really the only advantage over knockoffs that are half the price....it is a big one. If you're looking at this, you know what a pain the blade becoming dull is. You have to stop, take it apart, and sharpen it. When you're in a groove, (no pun intended) that can be really annoying. I'd have given this 4 stars because of the price....but honestly, the quality of the metal makes it worth it.

Kutzall Original Ball Nose Burr, Coarse
Kutzall Original Ball Nose Burr, Coarse
Offered by Kutzall
Price: $18.75
2 used & new from $18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, June 22, 2014
This does exactly what it is supposed to. I bought this to put in a Wecheer Flexshaft Power Carver. If you are still trying to use a dremel to get large areas of material out.....stop. This combination...well...is way faster, way easier......and you can get much more accurate (even with a larger cutting tool/bit).

Fender Accessories 099-2058-000 Telecaster Control Plate
Fender Accessories 099-2058-000 Telecaster Control Plate
Offered by Music123
Price: $17.99
12 used & new from $11.23

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought two, February 5, 2014
I bought one of these...and it showed up scratched. Thought "Well, that's probably a fluke." So I bought another...and it showed up scratched. If I wanted one that was scratched...Oh, hey wait, I already had one of those in the first place.

Crucial M500 240GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD CT240M500SSD1
Crucial M500 240GB 2.5-inch Internal SSD CT240M500SSD1
14 used & new from $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, February 4, 2014
Had some problems with some other SSDs...particularly Mushkin. OCZ finally fixed their drive failure rates (by going back to the old controller with new firmware), but their prices fluctuate above the line. I have been using these since the SATAII versions....and while they are a bit slower than some other choices...are rock solid reliable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7