Profile for Cris Keirsey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cris Keirsey "raucous house" RSS Feed (northern nevada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crosley Stereo Turntable Sound System Cr66-pa Rochester
Crosley Stereo Turntable Sound System Cr66-pa Rochester
Offered by Portlight
Price: $156.51
18 used & new from $63.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible sound :(, March 16, 2015
Like many of the other reviewers, I loved the look of this player and had high hopes. From day one records sounded TERRIBLE on it....I thought it was just the record I had chosen at first, but each one I try does the same thing. They will play for about a minute and sound so-so but them progressively get worse, sounding as if there's tins of dust on the needle (which there isn't). I wish I had realized how big of an issue it was much sooner so I could take it back. Do not buy!

U.S. Divers Junior Regal Mask, Trigger Fins and Laguna Snorkel Combo Set, Fun Purple, Small/Medium
Price: $36.13
3 used & new from $31.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer birthday present, August 8, 2014
My daughter loves it! She mostly just wears the mask but the snorkel works great and the fins are good quality. I bought her the smaller size and it fits well. She is 7, average size for her age and wears a size 13 or 1 shoe.

Fisher Price Soothe N Play Bouncer - Woodland Animals
Fisher Price Soothe N Play Bouncer - Woodland Animals

3.0 out of 5 stars It's cute but I wouldn't buy it again, January 6, 2011
Like the fabric, really just a basic seat to set the baby in occasionally. My kids usually love bouncers but she gets irritable in this one after a few minutes. Part of the problem is you cannot turn the vibration on when the toy bar is attached or it sounds like an earthquake. The toys are not interchangeable or detachable. Might be a good cheap seat for Grandma's but if you're looking for a usable piece of baby furniture buy something that has more options.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 5:54 PM PST

Proudbody Basic Pregnancy Belly Cast Kit
Proudbody Basic Pregnancy Belly Cast Kit
Offered by MarlasMarket
Price: $19.95
8 used & new from $9.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keepsake, takes longer than described, January 6, 2011
I really liked doing this although it took a bit longer than it said. I did, however, do a similar cast to the one on the front of the box that wasn't just a belly. Also, please be sure to use A LOT of the lubricant. I didn't use enough and it really hurt pulling it off, sort of like a Band-aid. I really treasure my cast though and it was worth the pain to have it hanging on the wall!

Evenflo Aura Select Travel System, Georgia Stripe (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Evenflo, what were you thinking?, January 6, 2011
On child #4, this is the fourth travel system I've owned and the worst by far. The ONLY things I like about it are the handle on the car seat with the "wiggle" in it which is why we went Evenflo in the first place and the print. Otherwise my list of complaints is endless, but here are a few of my least favorite things....
1. The fabric is not soft by any means
2. The straps are absolutely impossible to adjust (seriously, we cannot adjust them), making it dangerous because they're never quite tight enough
3. The sun shade is a joke as you can only pull it forward about 4 inches, we end up putting a blanket over it
4. The stroller is impossible to unfold one handed without hurting yourself
5. The stroller does not completely recline flat, so no diaper changing in it
6. The stroller straps are weird and barely fit my 4 month old
7. The tray has somehow managed to already break without any help
We had a very similar set for child #3, born in 2007 which we were reasonably happy with for the price. I expected that the product would have improved but apparently that's not the case. Had I bought this in a store instead of online I would have returned it. Unfortunately, we could not find an Evenflo travel system in our area and now we're stuck with it. Totally bummed, buy something else!

bumGenius One Size Pocket Diaper 4.0 (Snap) Grasshopper
bumGenius One Size Pocket Diaper 4.0 (Snap) Grasshopper
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $17.95
5 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my BGs, January 6, 2011
Have wanted to use cloth forever and decided to finally invest on child #4. So glad I did, I tried a few other styles before buying 12 velcro BG 4.0s. I personally dislike using the snap diapers but they might last longer I guess. Always line dry and secure the velcro befrore washing and haven't noticed any wear yet. I like them so much that I almost wouldn't even care if I had to buy another set for the next baby. The way I figure we'll have paid them off in 4 months by not buying eco friendly disposables. So easy to use that we hardly ever use disposables except for when we're out and run out of cloth in the car. No leakage except for I notice on overnight dipes the tag on the outside of the diaper wicks moisture from inside but not a big deal. A few of the inserts have a little "musturd" staining on them but it's been snowing so I haven't had a chance to sun them. Fit great on my 4 month old who's about 14lbs. Blossom and Bubble get my vote for fav colors.

Prince Lionheart bebePOD Plus with Strap, Kiwi
Prince Lionheart bebePOD Plus with Strap, Kiwi
Offered by BabyHaven

3.0 out of 5 stars It's sort of pricey, January 6, 2011
I kind of feel like I overpaid for this. It's cute and I feel like it's soft enough but I don't think my 4 month old was quite ready for it as she sort of starts to lean over the side. It's hard to get her in and out of with the tray on and if you take the tray off it's hard to see what you're doing to get it back on. I don't hate it but I guess it wasn't quite what I expected. I bought it for this summer when we're traveling in our RV so she'll have a place to sit and eat and play. We'll see how it goes wen she gets a bit bigger!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Manhattan Toy Snuggle Pod, Pea
Manhattan Toy Snuggle Pod, Pea
Price: $17.21
17 used & new from $11.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet and soft, January 6, 2011
Sweet little toy, super duper soft and cuddley. For some reason I was under the impression it was a bit bigger but that's ok, it's easier for my baby to grab and hug! Cute idea, I'm sure she'll love tucking the baby in when she gets a little older.

Taggies Big Soft Blocks
Taggies Big Soft Blocks
Offered by GeniusBabies
Price: $26.95
5 used & new from $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and interesting, January 6, 2011
Look well made and keep my 4 month old busy for quite a bit at a time. Fun to turn and SUPRISE! there's a DIFFERENT thing on the back, yeah! Wish they made a little more noise, but that's my only request. Great toy, worth buying, and that's saying a lot coming from a mom of 4 who's seen it all!

Beck Children's Wooden Table with Four Chairs
Beck Children's Wooden Table with Four Chairs

3.0 out of 5 stars Really cute but already broken, January 6, 2011
Sort of disappointed because it's so pretty but was chipped on an edge coming out of the box and a leg has fallen off the table. The holes do not line up as previously commented on but are sort of workable. My husband is going to try and fix the leg as I like the way the set looks but otherwise we will have to return it. :( Nice colors and perfect size for my 3,6 and 8 year olds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3