Profile for Mary F. Halpin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary F. Halpin RSS Feed (Oakland, Ca)

Seven Wonders Book 2: Lost in Babylon
Seven Wonders Book 2: Lost in Babylon
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG AWESOMESAUCE!!, May 24, 2014
This book was so discriptive it ws like a picture book. I learned I'm the only person who says AWESOMESAUCE!

Island of Silence (The Unwanteds)
Island of Silence (The Unwanteds)
Price: $6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa, March 9, 2014
The Unwanteds Islandof Silence was a W.O.W (wonderfulness of wonderesness) book. The Silents (Sky and Crow) wash ashore unconscious in Artimé. They both are adorned with gold thorn necklacs which prevent them from talking. The Silents came to fhe island of Quill on a raft they built to escape ffrom one of the sixother islands in the chain, but which one??

Island of Fire (The Unwanteds)
Island of Fire (The Unwanteds)
Price: $6.83

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNINGNESS, March 9, 2014
Lisa Mcmann's Island of Fire was a great sequel to Island of Silence. Lisa says she plans to write seven books in the series.

The Unwanteds
The Unwanteds
Price: $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars YAY, March 9, 2014
This review is from: The Unwanteds (Kindle Edition)
Yay, this book was amazing. It had everything kids woould want, even MAGIC! The Unwanteds was the perfect combination of The Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Great For Balance, But Won't Last Long, March 29, 2008
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
We purchased the Skuut after reading reviews and closely examining the competition (primarily the Likeabike). First, the good: bike assembles easily, looks cute, and rides fast and true. The bad: it started falling apart within weeks, to the point of becoming completely unsafe. Our child is on the small side, just turned three, is 36 inches tall and weighs under 30 pounds. I can't imagine how a heavier child could ride one of these. As much as our child loved it, it just wasn't safe. We were able to send it back even after the 30 day period (way to go, Amazon!) and replaced the Skuut with the Kettler Sprint. Even though it doesn't look as cool, the Kettler is so much sturdier. The resale value will be higher too, since Kettler is such a well known quality kid's bike builder.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2008 11:08 AM PST

CalcuBot Calculator
CalcuBot Calculator

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Better Than I Thought, August 25, 2007
This review is from: CalcuBot Calculator (Toy)
We got this for Christmas in 2006 and were pretty disappointed that another noise making, battery needing toy came into the house. Sure, both kids liked pressing buttons and hearing sounds but didn't do much else with it. Then my 3 and a half year old started to play the "apple game" on it, which was very gameboy-esque and I seriously almost threw it away. Fast forward two or three months and somehow this is the toy that ended up in the car and my kid asks me out of the blue "Mom, what comes after 5"? I said "6" and then I hear some bells and whistles and she's all excited. I start to pay attention and she's playing some game that does sequencing and she's totally into it and never asks me another question. It does basic addition too by asking the child "two plus two equals" and the kid presses the correct (or incorrect) answer. The sound can be decreased, but it's still pretty loud. She's been sitting on the couch playing with for the past half hour though, and hasn't once gone back to the "apple game". I just had to write a review and say that I'm very glad I didn't toss it when I wanted to.