Profile for B. McComb > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. McComb RSS Feed (MA, USA)

GE H7-55NH/BP2 Nighthawk Automotive Replacement Bulbs, Pack of 2
GE H7-55NH/BP2 Nighthawk Automotive Replacement Bulbs, Pack of 2
Price: $21.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem a little better but at the expense of bulb life, November 25, 2013
Without a doubt these produce whiter light than stock bulbs but aren't much brighter if any at all - they definitely felt like you could see a -little- further. The whitening is obvious but I doubt it offers any significant amount of light output over stock since they can't be run with much more power than your old bulbs (or you would blow a fuse). If you look at the chart on the product page you can see the higher tier Nighthawks have a shorter and shorter life span. GE is actually saying their Nighthawk bulbs have a shorter life than regular ones! More power = shorter life span, well that's how it worked out for me. Lasted maybe 3 months before one burned out in my 2004 Elantra. I had to go out and get another set (I bought some basic Sylvania's off the shelf) since I didn't want two different whites. Some reviews say they're great and last a long time, others say they burn out fast. I'm under the impression they will burn out faster than stock and in my case they certainly did. Since they're not incredibly expensive I'd say go with whichever side of the fence you're on, but there are definitely longer lasting alternatives. Don't expect miracles. There's only so much that can be done

Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5 Unlocked Phone with 2 MP Camera and and Stereo FM - US Warranty - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Most frustrating phone I've used, December 20, 2011
Full of bloatware branded for some other company. Came with 2.2, none of the existing APK based rooting methods worked. Took 2 days of installing drivers and unplugging USB cables before my PC could detect it - my Android based LG phone literally only takes the time to download the drivers before it's detected. Ran Odin to put ClockworkMod on the first and last time it detected the device. Odin was pushing CWM for 30 minutes before I pulled the plug and hoped it wasn't bricked. Of course it was so it has to go in for repair. I would try pushing back the a stock ROM with Odin but I've only ever been able to get it recognized by my PC once.

It should not been this hard to have it detected by a computer. The required (because it installs the Samsung drivers) Kies software is junk.

If you don't mind the included software and want to stay with the stock options then it's a good, basic Android phone. Just don't expect to get a CM7 port on it, or even root it.

Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)
Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Hardly runs, June 1, 2011
I have an LG Optimus V so this -should- work. Instead, it takes forever to open and when it does it runs so glitchy you can't play it. Would be really upset if I had paid for it but it was the free app of the day.

Santa Fe QM2R 900-Watt Quesadilla Maker
Santa Fe QM2R 900-Watt Quesadilla Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!, January 29, 2011
I love this quesadilla maker! Sure, it is one of those kitschy gadgets that looks great but you're never sure if it's going to work as good as it looks. It's extremely simple to operate. There's no on/off switch, just plug it in and let it heat up. Once it's heated up put on a tortilla with some shredded cheese and your ingredients. Add another layer of cheese on top (so the tortillas stick on BOTH sides) and it's ready to serve in 5 minutes! I purchased another quesadilla maker for a wedding gift that I though was just like this, but it ended up having a smaller cooking surface for 8" tortillas. This does the large sized tortillas and is definitely the one to get!

(The reviewer was compensated for posting this review. However, the opinion stated in the review is that of the reviewer and the reviewer alone. Further, the reviewer independently selected this product to review and has no affiliation with the product maker/distributor, Amazon or the review requester.)

The Catcher in the Rye
The Catcher in the Rye
by J. D. Salinger
Price: $8.29
514 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite books., June 3, 2009
This review is from: The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
The Catcher in the Rye is one of my favorite books. I read it in high school and I think I really identified with Holden also being a teen like him - even though there's the story takes place in a different era. It's apparently one controversial book, and I can understand why when it was written, but now it should be required reading. The feelings Holden goes through are like the teen angst songs of Green Day and Nirvana except it only gives you the lyrics and lets you create the music for the emotion in your head.

An excellent read. I highly recommend it but it really does seem to be a love it or hate it novel so if your not sure perhaps buy a used copy.

Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Moon
by Margaret Wise Brown
Edition: Board book
Price: $8.09
423 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!, August 22, 2004
This review is from: Goodnight Moon (Board book)
I remembered this book as a child and decided to look it up to see if it was still around. Sadly, it's only available in reprint now but on the good side the story can be shared with many others. I'm 17 and looking back on it in retrospect this book was very entertaining, with lines that could rival even Shakespeare. Something like, "Godnight moon, goodnight spoon" cannot be argued with due to it's clear and simple brilliance that flows from page to page.

I would also suggest, Pat the Bunny and Pig William. Both of those books are good but I don't think they have quite the caliber of Goodnight Moon. Pat the Bunny had a pretty cheap story and Pig William had a very distinct and slightly disturbing artistic style. I would review these books again before allowing a younger reader to have read either. Goodnight Moon is a sure hit though!