Profile for Escrima Instructor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Escrima Instructor RSS Feed

Sport Carrying Case 2.5 Feet Long for Arnis and other Sports Equipment (Black)
Sport Carrying Case 2.5 Feet Long for Arnis and other Sports Equipment (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Escrima Instructor, July 22, 2011
The bag is advertised to be 2 feet long (24'). Don't worry though, it's not. It fits my 28" sticks perfectly and has pockets for a large number of training blades of various sizes. The largest of the accessory pockets is a perfect fit for 4-5 wooden tanto (the type used in Aikido), which are quite bulky. The shoulder strap is a bit tight, and would be better if it had an adjustable buckle, but I am able to get it over my shoulder and over my head for a diagonal across-the-back carry. I am 6' tall and weigh 160lbs. The bag will hold 3 pairs of 1" sticks, no more.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars They got it right the second time., July 17, 2011
I ordered a ten-pack of these 1" sticks to supply my students. Not a single stick in the whole pack measured a full 1" in diameter, and one stick was less than half an inch thick (I could snap it over my knee). Because of the varying diameters, very few of the sticks could be paired. I was very upset about it and contacted the company. The man I spoke with was very polite and accommodating-- he told me that they would hand select some 1" sticks and pay for the return shipping on the original order. The new sticks arrived, and I am pleased with them. One final note though: The cut ends of these sticks are raw (meaning that they are not sanded or rounded at all). This is a safety hazard because sharp edges will cut skin on contact. They really shouldn't be sold this way, but it's not a deal-breaker-- just make sure you sand them down before use. The quality of the manau rattan is high; it is a very dense rattan compared to other varieties and I would recommend it. I would also recommend contacting the company before placing an online purchase, just to be sure that you get what you expect.