Profile for Lillian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lillian RSS Feed

The Law of the Garbage Truck: How to Respond to People Who Dump on You, and How to Stop Dumping on Others
by David J. Pollay
57 used & new from $3.26

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Books I've Read in Years, September 21, 2010
The Law of the Garbage Truck is one of the best books I've read in years. I'm recommending it to everyone I know.

In a clear, concise, and powerful message, David J. Pollay shows us how to live a more peaceful, contented, and positively engaged life. He tells us that there is much in everyday life that we cannot control: especially, other people's bad behavior. Many people are unhappy, stalled and unproductive in their work, and live in a climate of negativity at home. There are unresolved issues in their life, and they tend to take their frustrations out on other people: dumping their garbage, and spreading it all around like a garbage truck, making everybody feel miserable, downhearted, or just plain angry. He shows you how to stop accepting the garbage of others, and also, how to stop dumping on others.

This book is based on research which I feel is essential. His philosophy and life's work seem to embody the timeless wisdom of the sages, and he envisions a world in which we can all make a difference starting with our own personal lives. He has written in the timely and easily understood vernacular of today: It flows smoothly with stories we can all relate to. Stories of fun, everyday events, and others about the depth of struggles we may have to face in life.

I also found valuable the insightful quizzes included in the book to help you determine how much garbage you dump and how much garbage you accept. There are also action guides after each chapter, and The No Garbage Truck Pledge which I remind myself to take every day. When I feel myself getting into a garbage truck mode, I stop, and say: "I will not spread garbage, and I will not accept garbage. I am not a garbage truck!"

This book is a gift that will enrich your life. Tell everyone about it!