Profile for tachi1 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 940

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

tachi1 "tachi1" RSS Feed (Miami, FL United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Silhouette Hook
Silhouette Hook
Price: $4.63
18 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't find a project for which it's useful., April 9, 2015
This review is from: Silhouette Hook (Misc.)
It's not that I don't like it or find it flimsy or badly made. It's perfectly sturdy. The problem is that I haven't been able to find it useful in any of the projects that I've taken on. I recently cut out a tree with many small leaves and would have thought that this was the project in which it would prove its worth. No such luck, I can't imagine what it would be used for. The tip is not sharp but I guess it's sharp enough to classify as a hook. The only tool I've found to be essential is the spatula. I have to use that on every single project.

Darcy and Elizabeth - Lost in Love: A Pride and Prejudice Short Story
Darcy and Elizabeth - Lost in Love: A Pride and Prejudice Short Story
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ends too soon., April 9, 2015
Well written story with different twists. A couple of problems, though. First, the story ends on a happy note but in an awkward place. The reader knows what is about to happen the next day which could completely change the happy outcome predicted on the last page. The second problem is how FAST we reach the last page. I know short stories are all the rage now (much to my regret) but this one feels unusually short. It flows along beautifully then, suddenly, you turn the page and it's over!

Rumour and Reprisal
Rumour and Reprisal
Price: $3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and believable plot., April 9, 2015
The plot is realistic and well-crafted, however, I found the pace a little slow in the parts where Elizabeth and Darcy were separated. Then when the issues were resolved, the rush to end the book was a bit too fast. I really hate books in which the happy ending, which is the part you've been waiting for from page 1, is awkwardly sudden. If any part of the book can be dragged out a bit, it should be the ending, not the problematic part.

Nevertheless, I liked the book and the author's style of writing. I will be looking for others by her

Dirt Devil 360° Reach Pro Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD12515B
Dirt Devil 360° Reach Pro Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD12515B
Price: $119.99
3 used & new from $98.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent suction and versatility., April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an unusual vacuum cleaner. It isn't your go-to vacuum for everyday floor or carpet work. It's a specialized unit for hard-to-reach places or places that are difficult to clean with an everyday vacuum.

It has attachments for stairs, ceiling fans, air conditioning grills, and other specialized places such as high bookshelves, car interiors,crevices and just about any other weird space you can think of.

There is a bit of a learning curve as none of the tools are self-explanatory. I had to refer to the booklet (which fortunately is quite helpful) and to the pictures on the box.

Upon use, my initial impression was that this thing is POWERFUL. The suction is great. My first mission was to clean the ceiling fans and it performed admirably. Using the extension, I didn't have to climb on anything to reach the blades in the regular ceilings and only on a regular 2-step kitchen step stool to reach the higher ceilings. If it did nothing else, this alone would make it worthwhile. My second mission was air-conditioning grills and, again, I was impressed by the suction. From there, I went on to the car and picked up an embarrassment of riches, not to mention the things the crevice wand managed to pull out of their hiding places such as ball point pens, McDonald's ketchup packs, receipts, and so on. I don't have stairs, so I'm unable to test that feature, but I did clean my upholstered furniture and used the crevice tool to clean between the cushions of my leather couches. I am tremendously impressed with this unit, even though there is a bit of a learning curve and it takes a few minutes to get used to the fact that there is pivoting action. I'm a bit uncoordinated and getting my act together to handle the unit while cleaning was a bit of a struggle (my cleaning lady had no such problem and was immediately delighted with all the options.)

There are only a couple of things I would change somehow. I am not enamored of having the plushy cover for the hard floor tool. It's one more thing to wash and, while necessary for the other functions, it really is superfluous for this one. I would have preferred a larger version of the upholstery attachment to use on hard floors (as it is, that's the one I'm using). The other is that the warm air escapes near to your hand, where you hold the vacuum. It's not hot enough to burn but, since the vacuum has so much power, it's quite a stream of air. Frankly, I couldn't figure out where else they could put the air release, but it is unusual to have the air come out the top (or bottom, depending on what you're cleaning). I guess it's to be expected since you hold it where the motor is but, still, it feels strange.

But, overall, it's a great little machine with GREAT suction and versatility and it makes many difficult tasks that are usually postponed due to how complicated they would otherwise be, much easier to tackle. For my household, with two asthmatics, it's indispensable.

Timex Unisex T2N652 "Weekender" Fuchsia Nylon Strap Watch
Timex Unisex T2N652 "Weekender" Fuchsia Nylon Strap Watch
Offered by shopemco
Price: $23.95
15 used & new from $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second one. I love it., April 5, 2015
This is my second time buying this same watch. I absolutely love it. I lost the first one because I put it in my pocket to mix up some paint and I have no idea where it went. I immediately ordered another one.

Because it has good contrast between the background and the black numbers and hands, I can easily tell the time even without my glasses. My other watches have gold numbers and hands against a white background and there just wasn't enough contrast to be able to tell the difference.

The fact that it lights up when you press the button means that I can tell time in the dark and in places such as movie theaters, etc. Although I'm a woman, I selected the man's size. It's larger than most ladies' watches but it's still much smaller than some of those gigantic watches that are the current trend.

Another asset is that you can buy straps of different colors and easily change them depending on what you're wearing. I've amassed a collection of 7 straps and I'm ready for any outfit. To make matters better there are no springs to remove and put back on, you just thread the new strap through the little poles and you're ready to go.

Jarrow Formulas Hyaluronic Acid, 50 mg, 120 Capsules
Jarrow Formulas Hyaluronic Acid, 50 mg, 120 Capsules
Price: $18.18
25 used & new from $16.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Has made a difference to my skin., April 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have extremely dry and damaged skin due to the medications I have to take. It is a constant uphill battle to try to care for it. My arms are, by far, the most affected areas.

I have been taking Hyaluronic Acid for almost month now. I think that I'm seeing a little bit less dryness and crinkling and I think it is at least partly responsible for the improvements. I do have to say that, in addition to this, I've continued to use Ammonium Lactate lotion (available by prescription) and collagen pills (which I'd been taking for months). Together, they had provided a little improvement but went no further after a while. The addition of the Hyaluronic acid is probably responsible for the improvement I've noticed now and I plan to continue using the three products together indefinitely.

Fat Daddio's Fluted Tart Pan 10 Inch x 2 Inch Removable Bottom
Fat Daddio's Fluted Tart Pan 10 Inch x 2 Inch Removable Bottom
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $16.09
9 used & new from $11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good performer., April 1, 2015
I bought this pan to try out an Alton Brown recipe which called for this size and design. The pan performed as expected except that you absolutely need to put it on a cookie sheet because the pie filling does leak (as is usual in these two-part pans) and that you DO have to use non-stick spray because, even though the pie crust had plenty of shortening and butter, it still did stick to sides in areas where the filling had leaked. The sides do cook and brown beautifully and it conducts heat well.

Implacable Resentment
Implacable Resentment
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars To say it's not typical is an understatement., April 1, 2015
This book is a bit darker than most P&P variations. The story is not violent but it has a great deal of cruelty which is hard to deal with and, at times, hard to believe. Insanity might be an explanation but not an excuse, the Bennet household is more dysfunctional than ever. Elizabeth is the recipient of all this wrath and, thanks to the Gardiners, is spared some grief during her growing years and manages to become the Elizabeth we know. It is not nice to see her mistreated and the urge to skip ahead is strong from the beginning (not something you really want to say about a book). Despite her family's cruelty and efforts, it all still comes out well in the end but it takes many wild turns along the way and Elizabeth, Darcy, and the Gardiners can say "All's well that end well" but, wow, what a ride!

Sons & Daughters: Darcy & Fitzwilliam, Book 2
Sons & Daughters: Darcy & Fitzwilliam, Book 2
Price: $2.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written, just not my type., April 1, 2015
This book is part of a series, but it can be read on its own. It is a series I do not plan to continue reading because it did not appeal to me, which is not to say that it is badly written, unlikely, amateur, contrived, badly edited, or any of the other complaints common to P&P variations. A lot of thought and character development obviously went into the writing and I commend the author.

My objections are ones of personal preference: I can take just so much cuteness and precociousness in children's characters and their conversations just don't seem to ring true; I'm uncomfortable with first cousins and people who grew up together as cousins marrying (yes, I know it was done back then); the bantering and good-natured spoofing between Darcy and Fitzwilliam as they get old also gets old; and so on. Just little annoyances, but while I don't regret having read this one, I don't think I want anymore.

Darcy's Ultimatum: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
Darcy's Ultimatum: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining reading, April 1, 2015
There was a lot that could have been done with this premise, and the author came close to managing it. Unfortunately, there were casualties along the way, especially the issue of Darcy's personality (a bit of a wimp, undecisive, not fully mature). Elizabeth fares somewhat better, or at least closer to canon. But, let's face it, we read these books for Darcy and this Darcy (while nice, decent, honorable, and with great potential, etc) hasn't yet grown up. I guess the fact that his father is still alive and he hasn't had to assume all the responsibilities that shaped him in P&P are the explanation and the author would have been wrong to portray him as more mature, but he is not exactly satisfying.

Still the book is entertaining and the situation both Darcy and Elizabeth find themselves in (having to marry by a certain date) is interesting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20