Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Jeff D. > Reviews

Browse

Jeff D.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff D. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding, 24 Quarts
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding, 24 Quarts
Price: $13.99
30 used & new from $10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Snake Bedding!, December 3, 2013
This is my go-to choice for my corn snake's bedding. I have yet to hear any complaints from him about it, so I'd say it gets his approval!

The bedding is absorbent and it is simple to clean up any pet waste. I just scoop out the clump that is soiled by using a plastic bag and throw it away. Easy!

The bedding itself is nearly odorless and it also is not extremely dusty. It's high-quality.

Not much else to say! It's affordable, it works well, and it's snake & snake-owner approved!

Highly recommended!

Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor
Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor
Offered by MP Online Mart
Price: $23.49
23 used & new from $20.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Better Than Multi-Blade Razors and Costs Less!, December 3, 2013
Let me begin by saying that switching from disposable multi-blade razors to a safety razor was one of the best decisions I have made as a consumer. The savings add up extremely quickly and the quality of the shave is much better from a safety razor in my opinion.

Breakdown:

-Gillette Fusion ProGlide with an extra cartridge costs ~$10 and will last let's say 1 month. That's $120 annually on shaving blades (plus additional cost for shaving cream)

-Safety razors cost ~$20-$40 upfront, but the blades are extremely cheap (I purchased 100 blades for $7 and they work great).

On the first year of shaving, you'll already save $75-$100! Each year after that, however, you'll be saving another $100!

PROS:
-Works well when the proper blades are purchased (read reviews to determine if they are good quality)
-Extremely affordable

CONS:
-None

I've had no issues with this razor whatsoever.

I would highly recommend this product! I hope this review was helpful

Van Der Hagen Premium Shave Set (2.5 oz. Soap, Bowl, Brush)
Van Der Hagen Premium Shave Set (2.5 oz. Soap, Bowl, Brush)
Price: $8.99
5 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Budget Shaving Set!, December 3, 2013
Let me start by saying that making the switch from disposable multi-blade razors to the double-edged safety razor was one of the smartest decisions I've made as a consumer.

This was my first shave set I purchased to go along with my double edged safety razor and my review is from said perspective.

The soap and brush are both perfectly fine, don't let the other reviews convince you otherwise. Sure the brush is not the softest, most luxurious available, but it creates a lather effectively...so it does its job. If you're a seasoned veteran in the world of shaving and want to have the most expensive brush available, obviously you won't be buying your brush from a set. For the average user, though, this kit provides everything that is needed.

Pros:
-Affordable
-Gets the job done

Cons:
-No frills

Highly recommend this product! A+

3M Gel Wrist Rest, Black Leatherette, 18 Inch Length, Antimicrobial Product Protection (WR309LE)
Price: $13.47
83 used & new from $5.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A Desktop Essential!, December 3, 2013
I am a student and a gamer who spends a lot of time in front of a keyboard. Being comfortable is very important if I'm writing a 20-page paper or in the middle of a marathon gaming session.

My current keyboard sits pretty high, and without a wrist rest my hands would be positioned at a very awkward angle in order to reach the keys.

This wrist pad sits on my desk and stays put thanks to the non-slip rubber bottom. The top is a faux-leather material.

Pros:
-Keeps wrists at a comfortable and ergonomic angle
-Does not slip on smooth tables
-Antimicrobial

Cons:
-None!

A+ product, highly recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for People with Sensitive Ears!, December 3, 2013
An absolute must-buy for people with sensitive ears!

I love going to the beach and participating in various water sports, but I have incredibly sensitive ears. Once cold water gets into my ear canal, I experience terrible pounding headaches and have to exit the water immediately. I needed a product that would solve this problem and allow me to enjoy the water, and then I cam across these ear plugs.

Problem solved! These do everything I need: they keep cold water out of my ears, they are comfortable, and I can still hear while wearing them (at a reduced level, but still enough to have spatial awareness)

Now I can swim in the freezing ocean for hours without any pain. A+ product! Recommended!

Pros:
-Comfortable
-Snug (won't fall out of your ear)
-Keeps water out, lets some sound in

Cons:
-None!

C.E.T. HEXtra Premium Oral Hygiene Chews with Chlorhexidine, Extra-Large Dogs, 30 Chews

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog-Approved!, December 3, 2013
These are great!

My family has a 6-year-old Labrador and he absolutely loves these chews. I've never tasted them (obviously haha) but if it gets the dog's approval I'd say that's all that matters!

Pros:
-Lasts a long time; takes my dog about 10 minutes to finish eating one.
-Keeps teeth hygienic

Cons:
-Has a very strong scent. Smells almost like bleach

E LV Cover for iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display (7.9 inch Tablet) & iPad Mini (7.9 inch Tablet) 360 Degrees Rotating Stand Leather Smart Case Luxury Crocodile/Tribal Pattern with 1 Screen Protector, 1 Black Stylus and Microfiber Digital Cleaner (With Auto Wake/Sleep Smart Cover Function) (Blue, iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display & iPad Mini)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply Made, November 20, 2013
This case gets the job done. It protects your iPad Mini and you can use it as a hands-free stand. The build quality, however, leaves a lot to be desired.

The case feels really flimsy. The fake "alligator pattern" is really cheap-feeling. The worst part for me is the rotating pivot that the case features. It is made of thin plastic and after enough uses, the plastic just gives out and will snap. Quite a disappointment as then the case is in two pieces and no longer functions.

When it worked, though, the case was convenient and helped protect my iPad. The rotating feature is useful at times, but all these benefits were outweighed by the fact the case ultimately broke.

I hope you found this review to be helpful! If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

Aluminum Floral Electric Oil Warmer
Aluminum Floral Electric Oil Warmer
Offered by Peddlers Mall
Price: $18.44
10 used & new from $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, build quality could be better, November 20, 2013
This oil warmer is great as an accent to a bedroom or small space. I purchased scented oils from Bath and Body Works and they worked quite well. The scent was evenly dispersed throughout the room within 5-10 minutes of turning on the warmer.

The light's brightness is adjustable, so it can be used as a subtle nightlight or an accent lamp. I would not recommend it to be used SOLELY as a lamp, however. If you need a lamp, get a dedicated lamp, not an oil warmer. I hope that made sense.

I never tried using this in a large room, but I'd imagine the scent would eventually disperse as long as you give it enough time.

I took off one star because the build quality is not the best. The outside is made of cheap aluminum and the glass basin the oil sits in is not attached and will easily fall off if the lamp is bumped.

All in all, if you don't care about build quality and are content with an adjustable oil warmer that looks nice and works well, I would recommend this product.

Hopefully you found this review to be helpful! If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you. Thanks

Acase Folio iPad Mini Case / Cover (Apple iPad Mini 7.9 inch Tablet) with Built-in Stand - Support Smart Cover Function for Mini iPad (Black)
Offered by CTCStore
Price: $10.95
5 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and affordable!, November 20, 2013
This case is absolutely fantastic!

The faux leather finish is very professional looking and it replicates other iPad cases that cost three or four times as much.

I really liked how the case is able to function as stand for hands-free viewing (great for reading or watching movies). It's a smart case, so it will lock the iPad when it is closed and automatically wake it up when you open the face.

The only downside to this case is that it does not protect the edges of the case. If you happened to drop the iPad onto a curb or the edge of a table, you might scratch or dent the edge of your device.

I hope you found this review helpful! Feel free to ask any questions if you need further opinions about this product!

Fire Behavior and Combustion Processes
Fire Behavior and Combustion Processes
by Ray Shackelford
Price: $95.42
69 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! Really Informative!, November 20, 2013
I needed this textbook for my Fire Technology degree. It was very informative and helped me pass the class with ease.

The book is filled with diagrams and photos which are really helpful!

Not much more to say!