Profile for Jennelaine > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennelaine RSS Feed (South Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
ONE TOUGH TEXAN (Loveswept)
ONE TOUGH TEXAN (Loveswept)
by Jan Hudson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
44 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tough Texan, July 10, 2009
In the spirit of the "Deep in the Heart of Texas" summer reading theme at the library I work at, I decided to read one of the Texas romance novels on display . I picked this one purely because of the awesome cover. Come on... it had a cowboy with a pirate's eye patch on the cover! It was possibly the worst book I have ever read, but still, it had one of the best covers I have seen in a long time. Yeah for cowboy/pirates!

What I Saw And How I Lied
What I Saw And How I Lied
by Jordan Cray
Price: $13.63
156 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars What I saw and how I lied, July 10, 2009
This book was a very long 284 pages. I actually fell asleep while trying to read it. Evie and her family take a vacation to Florida where they stay in the only hotel open (the others are closed due to the end of tourist season). While there, they run into a "friend" of her step-fathers, make friends with a rather wealthy Jewish couple, and go through hurricane winds. There is also a mystery of someone's death.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2009 12:53 PM PDT

Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature
Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature
by Robin Brande
Price: $8.99
112 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Evolution, me & other freaks of nature, July 10, 2009
Don't you just love it when overly religious people and science class mix? Mena, a high school student who has been recently shunned by her conservative Christian church, find the courage to rebel and stand up for her beliefs rather than taking the easy way out. Of course there is a cute, nerdy, brave boy to complicate things. Good message, but I wish the "evil" Christians kids would have gotten in more trouble for their actions.

Derby Girl
Derby Girl
by Shauna Cross
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Derby Girl, July 10, 2009
This review is from: Derby Girl (Hardcover)
I loved this book! How cool would it be to be a roller derby girl and get to kick so major butt? Bliss, from a tiny town in Texas, is a bit of an outcast and does not want to have to be a pageant girl like her mother wishes her to be. Who can blame her? So instead she goes to Austin, becomes "Babe Ruthless", and meets a sexy bass player. By the way, bass players are always the hottest. I want her to write some more!

The Boy Who Dared
The Boy Who Dared
by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
Price: $14.14
123 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars The boy who dared, July 10, 2009
This review is from: The Boy Who Dared (Hardcover)
This book bored me to death! The topic sounded so interesting, but I just could not get into it. Helmuth Hubener, a reluctant member of the Hitler Youth, becomes imprisoned for spreading anti-Nazi information. The book has a sad and important message to share with the reader, but getting to the end is so hard. I do like how Bartoletti changes between prison scenes and the past that led to the imprisonment.

Waiting for Normal
Waiting for Normal
by Leslie Connor
Price: $13.59
111 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for normal, July 10, 2009
This review is from: Waiting for Normal (Hardcover)
This book was a hard one to get through. I cannot image having Addie's life. Addie lives with her mother who is rarely around (she stays out late or doesn't even come home) while her former step-father and half sisters live in a bed and breakfast that is being restored. Addie really doesn't have any friends to speak of besides a few adults that work at the convenience store across from her trailer and a pet hamster. Eventually Addie does find her way to a normal life.

Keeper of the Night (Readers Circle (Laurel-Leaf))
Keeper of the Night (Readers Circle (Laurel-Leaf))
by Kimberly Willis Holt
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
38 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeper of the night, July 10, 2009
I wasn't a huge fan of this one, but I enjoyed the fact that the story took place on Guam. I rarely come across book that involve Guam. The story was slow and I had a hard time staying invested. In fact, I didn't feel like there was much story at all. In short, Isabel's mother commits suicide, and slowly the reader begins to understand why along with the characters. This book did make me want to learn more about Guam though.

Gilda Joyce: the Dead Drop
Gilda Joyce: the Dead Drop
by Jennifer Allison
Price: $15.93
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gilda Joyce: The Dead Drop, July 10, 2009
I stumbled on this series by accident a few weeks ago, and I love it! It reminds me of the Georgia Nicholson books (Rennison), with a bit of mystery added in. The title character, Gilda Joyce, is funny, sarcastic, and smart and she calls herself a psychic investigator (she channels spirits through her typewriter and wears ridiculous wigs and costumes in order to solve cases!). Plus in this book in the series, Gilda gets to meet her idol, work in a spy museum, and solve a case of national importance. Can't wait to finish the series.

Gilda Joyce, Psychic Investigator
Gilda Joyce, Psychic Investigator
by Jennifer Allison
Price: $7.99
163 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gilda Joyce: Psychic Investigator, July 10, 2009
I actually listened to this book rather than read it. The story is great--Gilda, a young girl who decides that with the help of her father's typewriter, she will solve crimes and discover the truth behind a family mystery. Gilda is sarcastic and hilarious. The reader of the audio version, Jessica Almasy, does a great job bring Gilda to life. I can't believe this series is more popular.

The Compound
The Compound
by S. A. Bodeen
Price: $13.95
64 used & new from $1.82

4.0 out of 5 stars The compound, July 10, 2009
This review is from: The Compound (Hardcover)
I didn't expect to like this book, and almost gave up on it a few times while reading, but I ended up really getting into the story. It was nothing like I thought it would be after reading the description. The story reminded me of the movie "Blast from the Past" with the insane creepiness of "The Shining". Not really my favorite genre, but I did like it.

Page: 1 | 2