Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Aundrea > Reviews

Browse

Aundrea's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1231
Top Reviewer Ranking: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aundrea RSS Feed (Washington)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ThermoPro TP09 Electric Wireless Remote Digital Food Cooking Meat BBQ Grill Oven Smoker Thermometer / Timer, 300 Feet Range
Offered by i-Tronics
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I got rid of all my other thermometers! This is my favorite and it's accurate., June 23, 2016
I have been searing for an oven thermometer I like. I had an Ikea one that was super inaccurate, then a different one that I had to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit every single time. This has been an excellent replacement for those.

Setting it up took about 5 minutes. I got all the batteries in, probe plugged in and then tested it in boiling water for accuracy. I was happy to find that it works perfectly. I've cooked about 4 meals with it and love it. I absolutely love that I can take the remote off the base and carry it with me. With chicken there's such a small range of where it's cooked enough, but not over cooked. We eat chicken a few nights a week, so I want to make sure I'm always cooking it to just 165 degrees. This helps keep me from having over or under cooked meat.

The instructions were thorough and there are plenty of programs if you want to use them. The chicken one has it preset to 165 and it beeps to let me know it's done. I haven't used the other programs yet since we mostly eat chicken. I have no complaints with this and have got rid of my other thermometers. We were sent this for testing and review purposes. As always, that never influences my rating or review of products. I always review based on experience and quality.
Comment Comment | Permalink

reNeu Dead Sea Minerals Revitalizing Spa Kit. Luxury Dead Sea Salts, Body Scrub and Shea Butter Spa Bath Gift Set.
Offered by Zooper Marketing
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This smells wonderful and feels luxerious!, June 23, 2016
This is such a wonderful trio of body products. I often shop at Lush because I like natural, high quality body products. This set reminds me of something I would get there.

I looked at all the ingredients and love how natural everything is. There are no artificial colors or fragrances. The ginger and citrus scent actually come from ginger and citrus essential oils. If you like natural, sweet smelling scents, this will really appeal to you.

After using each product I feel they are very luxurious when used together, but also are great alone. I put lotion on my hands and feet every night and have loved this body butter. It leaves my hands and feet soft. I love dissolving the sea salts in my bath for a relaxing experience. It leaves my skin feeling softer. The body scrub helps exfoliate my skin. I love using them all together though. I take a quick shower and scrub my body with using the scrub. Then take a relaxing bath with the salts and then lotion up. It's like my own home spa session. It definitely rivals the similar products I've got at Lush.

Overall, this is a high quality, natural, excellent set of body products. It would be a great gift or just something to treat yourself with. I was sent this set for testing and review purposes. That has no bearing on my rating or review of them, this is my honest opinion.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Favson® 25W Solar Charger Foldable Solar Panel 2-Port USB High efficiency SunPower for iPhone SE, 6s, 6 Plus, iPad Pro / Air / Mini, Galaxy S7, S6 Edge, S6 Plus Outdoors
Offered by Full sprint
Price: $99.89
2 used & new from $63.12

4.0 out of 5 stars This works pretty well. It charges slightly slower than a different 25 watt panel I have., June 23, 2016
I have been a huge fan of solar powered stuff for years. I keep bugging my husband about getting solar panels installed on our roof, but the initial cost investment is a deal breaker for him. I think that would be amazing since I have an electric car. Free fuel!!! Anyway, I have used a couple solar panels like this in the past and generally like them, but a few things need to be taken into consideration.

This unit is nice, it has 3 panels that fold out. I am comparing this to another 25 watt panel I have that has smaller individual panels, but 4 of them. I've been testing this and comparing it to that one over the last week. The weather in Seattle hasn't been wonderful, so this is definitely not under ideal conditions. I am consistently getting 0.1 to 0.3 amps less with this than with the other one. I don't know if it's a fluke or what, but I'm just reporting what I've found.

Just now I went out and plugged it in with my meter and I was getting 0.15 amps. Not much, but it's grey, rainy and cloudy right now, so it's about what I expect. My other panel got 0.22 amps. On one of the nicer days in the last week I got up to 1.15 amps with this one. If you're out shopping for a solar panel like this, just keep in mind the conditions you want to use them in and be realistic with the results. This won't work as good as a home charger. It does sometimes need some angling and tweeking. I like having a power meter so I can move it around to get the best charge.

My reason for wanting solar chargers is for camping or natural disasters. In Seattle we are long overdue for a catastrophic earthquake. Assuming we all survive I want to be able to either get ahold of the outside world or at least keep the kids busy and distracted with games on the tablet if we are stuck in a disaster zone for days. I initially thought I would take my other solar panel hiking, but realistically with the availability of great power banks out there I find that's a better way to keep my phone charged for a day. These solar panels are super handy for multi day camping trips though.

Overall, I think this is a good product. I don't know if the charging differences between this and my other one are a fluke or what. The differences in the grand scheme of things are not that big a deal, but I feel compelled to test things to the best of my ability and report on that. I was sent this unit for testing and review purposes. That has no bearing on my rating or review of it. This is my honest opinion.

Star Wars R2-D2 Hot Air Popcorn Maker
Star Wars R2-D2 Hot Air Popcorn Maker
Offered by Better service stores
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It makes good popcorn, but I have to sweep my floor after using it because popcorn pops out all over., June 23, 2016
Length:: 3:56 Mins

This is a really nifty looking Star Wars popcorn maker. I love novelty items that are useful and fun. I made a little video showing the popcorn maker in action. I'll just highlight a few things here:

Good:
-Quick
-Easy to clean
-Makes healthy popcorn
-Looks really, really cool

Bad:
-Popcorn shoots all over
-Too many unpopped kernels
-Moderately loud

Overall, we still have been using it and the kids are having fun with it. I love that I can easily wipe it down between uses, unlike my Presto popcorn maker that needs paper concentrators and dishwashing every time. I have heard so many things about microwaving being bad for food and also about the chemicals in the paper bags for microwave popcorn. I really like that this uses heat and air. It just needs a redesigned spout or perhaps I need to find a taller, skinnier bowl. I was sent this for testing and review purposes. That has no bearing on my rating or review of the product, this is my honest opinion.

Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Pattern Blocks And Puzzle 60 Pieces Tangram Puzzles
Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Pattern Blocks And Puzzle 60 Pieces Tangram Puzzles
Offered by Toys of Wood Oxford UK
Price: $17.58

4.0 out of 5 stars The blocks are great quality, but it would be nice to have cards to build the design on., June 23, 2016
I remember playing with pattern blocks as a kid. I loved all the things I could design with them, some based on printed ideas and some creative ones on my own. This is a good, very basic set of pattern blocks. Here are my thoughts:

-Blocks: These are made well and painted nicely. I inspected all of them and can say the quality is great. I've looked into these before and noticed that all companies have a similar color scheme with the blocks. So most have orange squares, green triangles, ect. That's nice so various sets can be combined.
-Design sheet: There is a card with 12 design ideas on it. They are all fun designs ranging from easy to fairly difficult.
-Value: This is the reason I'm marking this off a star. I always compare products I review to other similar products on the market. Pattern block sets range from $10 to $30(ish). This is one of the cheaper sets and it shows. Not in quality, but in what's included. I really like that the Melissa and Doug set comes with cards that you can put the patterns on. My 2 1/2 year old has played with that at other peoples houses and gets that with some direction. This set is hard for him because you have to look at the picture and then build the pattern separately. I think this is good for older kids, for traveling and for an inexpensive toy. If you want something for a younger kid with less patience and special reasoning, I recommend a more expensive set with cards you can put the blocks on. I did find that cards can be bought from other sellers for around $11, but at that point you might as well buy a larger set.

Overall, I think the value in this lies in how reasonable it is, how easy it is to travel with and the quality. I have an older daughter that plays select basketball and we will often be off at games for a whole day. I love toys that will hold my sons attention and can fit in his backpack. In fact, the Toys of Wood Oxford block set is his favorite toy and it keeps him occupied for over an hour (building towers with the blocks and putting them together for the puzzle). I will be bringing this to basketball games. There are other players who have siblings that love playing with my son, this will be a great toy for them to enjoy with him. I was sent this for testing and review purposes. I never let that influence my rating or review of products. This is my honest opinion.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Viment Office Home Paper Cutter Heavy Duty Professional A4 Paper Desk Tops Paper Trimmer Guillotine 12 Sheet Capacity
Offered by Viment
Price: $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This cutter has some really great aspects to it, but there are a few flimsy parts, June 23, 2016
Length:: 4:13 Mins

I have been wanting this type of paper cutter. I have one that has a slider blade, but it's more cumbersome and harder to get a cut right where I want it. I made my video showing the paper cutter in action and telling what I like and don't like about it. I'll just do a brief summary of the good and bad:

Good:
-Cuts well
-Great marking for uniform cuts
-Locks into place for safety
-Adjustable arm to make it even easier to get uniform cuts
-Blade is sharp enough to cut well, but it's not sharp enough to cause injury from touching it.

Bad:
-Adjustable arm is a little flimsy
-Mine has some superficial paint flaws
-Piece attached to the blade is a little crooked

As a side note, there are no instructions saying how to get the blade unlocked. Just press it to the right slightly and it will release. Then to put it back press it to the right at the bottom and then lock it in by pushing left once it's all the way closed. I'm settling on 4 stars. I like it much more than my other paper cutter, but it's few flaws make me question how high of quality it is. I was sent this for testing and review puproses. That has no bearing on my rating or review of the cutter. This is my honest opinion.

AOLI 8726-3 Educational Magnetic Puzzle Toy Facial Features Magnetic Puzzle Book Intellectual Jigsaw for Toddlers
Offered by OIYIO INC
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars We're having fun with this magnetic faces book. My daughter and I made a game of it., June 23, 2016
This is such a unique, fun toy. I got it for my 2 1/2 year old, thinking I would put it away for him to use in a couple months, but in actuality my 11 year old and I have the most fun with it.

The set comes with 65 face/accessory parts, 12 cards and 2 magnet card holders. I checked to make sure each piece was included, which it was. One thing that the pictures don't do justice is that all of the magnet pieces have a neat hologram effect. It really makes it look flashy and cool. There's such a fun variety of faces and pieces. The pieces aren't reused from face to face. Meaning, there are 12 different eyes/glasses, 12 different mouths and 12 different hair/hat styles. The only exception is noses, which there are 11.

My 11 year old and I made this into a game. We flip the cards over and chose one at random. The other person sets the timer while the person with the card has to build the face in the shortest time possible. It's harder than you think because the noses are all similar and there are a ton of pieces. We really enjoy it. I love finding activities that I can do with the kids where we all have fun and this is one of them. We haven't brought it out for my 2 1/2 year old yet, but will eventually. I will definitely be purchasing this for the next preschool or elementary aged birthday party I have to go to. I was sent this one for testing and review purposes. That has no bearing on my rating or review of it, it's just a wonderful magnetic toy book!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kitchen Scale, GDEALER 22lb/10kg Digital Kitchen Food Scale, Tempered Glass Surface Touch Screen, High Precision, Tare, White Backlit Display, Smart Weigh
Offered by Global Dealer
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great and is modern looking., June 22, 2016
Length:: 3:34 Mins

I have been using kitchen scales for 10+ years. It was actually one of the keys to loosing 50 lbs about 8 years ago. I weighed literally everything I ate and logged it. Annoying? Yes. Effective? Also big yes!

My OXO kitchen scale has stopped working well. I put something on there and the numbers keep fluctuating even after it should've stopped. This is a very great replacement! In my video you can see briefly how it works. It's very stragithforward, so I'm not going to bore you with every detail. It can switched between a variety of measurements and then you can "tare" it to zero it out. This was key in my weight loss. If I was doing a peanut butter and jelly for example. I would zero it out with the bread on, then add the peanut butter to the desired weight. High calorie foods are more important to get down when trying to loose weight. So things like peanut butter, candy, creamer, butter, ect, I always weighed. I still weigh my coffee creamer every morning since it's so easy to over pour and it's fairly high calorie.

You can see in my video this actually weighs higher than what is advertised. I didn't try to max it out, but my watermelon was above the 22 lbs limit and then I added a couple extra items. I can't tell you the upper limit though. I don't foresee the need to weigh more than a few pounds usually.

Overall, I am very happy to give this 5 stars. It works wonderfully and looks nice. In fact, I don't mind leaving it out on the counter since it is so sleek and modern looking. I was sent this for testing and review purposes. That has no bearing on the rating or review I am giving it, it's just a great product!

Rome Vintage City Cruiser Single Speed Fixed Gear Bike Road Bicycle 5' to 6'4"
Rome Vintage City Cruiser Single Speed Fixed Gear Bike Road Bicycle 5' to 6'4"
Offered by Penson & Co.
Price: $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I am really loving this bike. It's perfect for cruises around the neighborhood and casual riding., June 22, 2016
Length:: 1:54 Mins

I have been riding this bike for 3 weeks and am loving it. I'm not a bike expert, so I can't get into too much techie stuff, but I can tell you that it's a pleasure to ride.

So the bike fits me perfectly and I'm 5'10. It was easy for my husband to assemble and only took about 15 minutes. It came with all the necessary tools as well as a bike pump. I'm very impressed with the ride. It's very smooth and the tension level to pedal it is just right. I was nervous about not having different speeds, but it's much more enjoyable not having to worry about changing anything. On flat it's a minimal amount of effort, but not loose where the pedals are without tension. On a hill it's a moderate or higher amount of effort. The brakes took a couple rides to wear in well, but now they are smooth and responsive.

Overall, this is an excellent cruiser bike. It looks really retro and neat. It rides very well and was easy to put together. We Were sent this for testing and review purposes. That never influences my rating or review of products. I rely on reviews when I shop, so I pride myself in being honest and hopefully thorough to help others.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Senda Alegre Club Soccer Ball, Fair Trade Certified, Orange/Yellow, Size 3 (Ages 7 & Under)
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is loving this soccer ball!, June 22, 2016
My daughter plays soccer, so her little brother wants to be just like her. She has been practicing outside a lot lately and he got this ball a couple weeks ago and has been practicing (trying to) next to her.

The ball is made very well. The stitching is high quality and doesn't appear to be anything that will fray or come apart easily. The colors are bright and nice. The company is a fair trade company and it's stamped on the ball. I think this is an important thing to look for to make sure our money is supporting fair labor practices. We have no complaints about the ball. My son is loving it! We were sent this for testing and review purposes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20