Profile for Anonymous > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anonymous "medical researcher" RSS Feed (Southeast, USA)

DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An Unusual Pull, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Less (Amazon Instant Video)
I was just checking to see if my computer was still streaming. I didn't mean to watch the movie. However, once I started watching; I was pulled into Zak's world. I believe everyone who watches this will get different meanings from it. A lot of those depending on what is going on in their own life. I found myself running the gamut of emotions. Empathy for both of the main characters, who each played their parts perfectly. The soundtrack was wonderful. Couldn't have matched the emotion in the movie better. I loved the ending--although it was not what I thought I wanted it to be while watching. Extremely unusual in movies that have an ending that I like. I think this is a movie for a certain type of person--but, I could be wrong. I was drawn into it completely and didn't even take a break!!

Hope and Help for Your Nerves
Hope and Help for Your Nerves
by Claire Weekes
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.00
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, COMMON SENSE HELP FOR DEVASTATING PANIC, February 22, 2011
This is a wonderful book! A common sense approach to fighting those panic attacks which can be totally debilitating! I wish I had known of this book 20+ years ago!
The format is easy to read..divided into small sections...I know if it wasn't, those in the midst of panic and generalized anxiety disorders would not be able to concentrate long enough to read it, in it's entirety. Take your time, absorb, put into practice (as you can; take your time) and continue reading as often as needed! I have been helped by medications for many years...but, once you have that "fear"...it is always there, somewhere in your subconscious. This book helps you get over the fear, which is life changing,wherever you may be in your "journey" to freedom from panic. I would also recommend buying Pass Through Panic: Freeing Yourself from Anxiety and Fearto use in conjunction with this book. Dr. Weekes has such a soothing voice and I completely believe that you will be helped by either or both of these works by Dr. Weekes...a woman who understood panic before most doctors had even decided what it should be called.

Prescription for Nutritional Healing: The A-to-Z Guide to Supplements
Prescription for Nutritional Healing: The A-to-Z Guide to Supplements
by Phyllis A. Balch
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book ...Quick and Easy Transaction, September 22, 2009
I bought this book for my husband who is really into homeopathics. He had seen it in the store where he buys many of his supplents, etc. The Homeopath/Nutritionist who works there, had pulled this book out to show him something...he browsed through it and got the name and authour. He knew I ordered a lot of books from Amazon and asked me if I thought they would have this one. LOL OF COURSE, they will have it..I've never looked for one book that Amazon didn't have. He uses it a lot and is very pleased to have gotten it at the low price. (after sneaking a look at the price on the one at the Organic Food and Supplement store).
Highly recommended..once again..easy ordering...quick shipping!!

The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict
The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict
by William Leith
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book...Easy Transaction!, September 22, 2009
This book is about a male journalist fighting his obsession with food. Excellent writing (what you would expect from a good journalist) and the writer has a sense of humour that makes this a fascinating read! A must have in your library!

Professional transaction...easy and quick shipping, as always with anything bought through Amazon!!

Thin Enough: My Spiritual Journey Through the Living Death of an Eating Disorder
by Sheryle Cruse
Price: $10.69
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love ordering from Amazon!!, September 22, 2009
This is a very good book on ana...easy to read and understand..the problem is discussed thoroughly and the character was interesting. She used her roots in Christianity to help with her problem..although she did not rely solely on it.

I was extremely pleased with the processing of my order. Everything was done very professionally. Easy ordering and quick shipping!

Animals on the Other Side
Animals on the Other Side
by Kat Shehata
Price: $13.56
175 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disappointing, December 22, 2007
I thought this was an adult book about Sylvia Browne's view of what happens to animals when they die.

I was very upset and disppointed to find the book seemed to be written for parents to read to their children, as well as a section on each page that seemed to written for adults. The two "different" books seemed to contradict each other as well.

Not something I would recommend for a child or an adult. I will be throwing it away, as I would not want some child to read it and be confused about many issues that were brought up in the "adult" section on each page.

The South Beach Heart Program: The 4-Step Plan that Can Save Your Life (The South Beach Diet)
by Arthur Agatston
424 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST...., February 12, 2007
My husband and I are avid readers of books that are "heart friendly". This book explains things that I have spent years trying to find out from doctors and through my own research. It is written by a cardiologist who works hard to PREVENT or manage heart-related problems. This is such a well-researched, well-written book! It isn't some "fad" diet book or something that gives you "fad" products to try. It is absolutely fantastic and I encourage everyone...problems or not..(you may have them and not know it or this book may prevent a long hard road of heart disease or even death) to buy, read, and incoporate the information into their daily lives...trips to the dr....tests that you don't know about that can tell you so much more than the "old standard" tests...I can't say enough about how fantastic it is!